Early 1990'a Party Crews

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Early 1990'a Party Crews

Post  SURCALMEX on Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:10 pm

Mothra wrote:I dont know if they were more famous but they were a hell of a lot more fun.
Back when they were actually underground and you used to get a flyer with a number you would call the night of the party for directions hehe.
Only to show up at some dark ass warehouse someone broke into hoping the party wouldnt get broken up in the first couple of hours.

I dont think back then you had to worry about some fools sticking people with needles and shit it was a totally different atmosphere back in the early 90s. Thats when all the everybody used to wear the huge ass baggy pants and the 26 Red and Fresh Jive gear.
Everybody just went to party and get fucked up.. Towards the middle of the 90s though people started showing up just to cause trouble.
Thats about when everybody and their mother jumped on the graffiti train too cause alot of the flyers were done up with old school wild style and shit.

Grape Ape 3 was the last big one I remember going to. I think it was 1993, and it was at Raging Waters. Thing didnt run for more than a couple of hours before a riot started and people started getting the heads beat in by the cops.
Grape Ape 1 and 2 though, those were the shit. GA2 had the whole rave area, there were skate ramps and pros were doing demos, there was a couple of graffiti areas (CBS from LA did all the flyers and they were doing graffiti demos), everybody was just kicking it and having a good time. There was Nocturnal that got thrown in San Diego every year too, same deal. Fucking thing was huge until it hit the mainstream and it got ruined.

After that it seemed like it was just local parties and shit the dj crews would throw and of course somebody always showed up just looking to go fuck with people.

Man mainstream always kills every good thing like Hip Hop just to name one

SURCALMEX
Captain

Number of posts: 1660
Registration date: 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post  SURCALMEX on Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:10 pm

I hear their huge in Europe

SURCALMEX
Captain

Number of posts: 1660
Registration date: 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Mothra on Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:46 pm

SURCALMEX wrote:
Man mainstream always kills every good thing like Hip Hop just to name one

Thats why I still got all my Public Enemy, Run DMC, LL Cool J, and Tribe Called Quest rekkids!

Mothra
Associate

Number of posts: 97
Registration date: 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post  js on Sun May 26, 2013 2:33 pm

everything was better back then, the music, the people, the scene, !!!! i googled "los angeles 1990's party flyer" and came across this and thought i'd join. What a Face

js
Wannabe

Number of posts: 30
Registration date: 2013-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post  CauseItsReal on Sun May 26, 2013 2:46 pm

js wrote: everything was better back then, the music, the people, the scene, !!!! i googled "los angeles 1990's party flyer" and came across this and thought i'd join. What a Face

Welcome to the forum .

DontxTrip wrote:
Day Ryda wrote:
DontxTrip wrote:
Day Ryda wrote:
RC wrote:If kyte does not return by Jan 1st, 2013, we shall officially declare him INactive and will take actions to replace him with a new, all mighty, all powerful, FORUM GAWD, that we shall worship forever and ever.

Let Cray Be The Forum God And I Will Take Crays Old Spot As Forum AdmiN!!

lol u a admin? never....hahaha

Lets see you say that after my sql injection!!!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]††: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] :††[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]††[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]††[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]††[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Laugh when i anally fuck u...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

CauseItsReal
Boss

Number of posts: 5566
Registration date: 2008-01-19

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/rothbard62.html

Back to top Go down

Post  js on Sun May 26, 2013 2:55 pm

thanks! i dont gang bang and i come in peace!

js
Wannabe

Number of posts: 30
Registration date: 2013-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed on Sun May 26, 2013 3:04 pm

js wrote: everything was better back then, the music, the people, the scene, !!!! i googled "los angeles 1990's party flyer" and came across this and thought i'd join. What a Face

Welcome.

TumbleWeed
Boss

Number of posts: 7313
Registration date: 2008-01-19

http://iestreetlife.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

L.A PARTY CREWS

Post  temo3000 on Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:09 am

Sup my peeps in case you are interested there is a Facebook page about L.A PARTY CREWS there you will find tons of old school flyers , music and dj's from back in the day , see the link below

w w w . facebook.com/groups/137313779615755/

Also here is a youtube channel with all the good old techno and house songs from our era

†w w w . youtube.com/user/DeejaayMrEd

Just add the w's and dot togheter for some reason it would not let me post links on here

temo3000

Number of posts: 1
Registration date: 2014-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfman on Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:52 pm

SUR'CAL'MEX wrote:†I remember the hardcore fryer's will put the drops of acid directly into their eyeballs...goes straight to the brain.

here here., that was me all the time., he he he he††pirat

wolfman
Captain

Number of posts: 1625
Registration date: 2009-12-13

http://kingsdome.forumup.com/index.php?mforum=kingsdome

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top