Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two swine flu cases are confirmed

+6
TumbleWeed
W.Devil
SFxSTONER
Drunky McThuggerton
Drop Out
JinkyRctongs
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Two swine flu cases are confirmed Empty Two swine flu cases are confirmed

Post  JinkyRctongs Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:31 pm

Two people admitted to a Scottish hospital after returning from Mexico have been confirmed as having the swine flu infection.

The pair had been undergoing tests at Monklands Hospital in Lanarkshire.

At least 103 people in Mexico are now suspected to have died after contracting swine flu.

Scottish Health Secretary Nicola Sturgeon said both the individuals, from the Forth Valley area, were recovering well.

Both were from the Forth Valley area of central Scotland, she said.

On top of the deaths in Mexico, there have been 20 cases of swine flu reported in the US and six in Canada. There are also suspected cases in New Zealand, France, Spain, Israel and Australia.

However no-one has died outside Mexico.

Ms Sturgeon said that, in Scotland and across the UK, planning for the eventuality of a pandemic flu outbreak had been going on for some considerable time.

The health secretary said a pandemic framework was in place and there were significant stocks of anti-viral drugs.

Ms Sturgeon said anyone who has recently returned from Mexico and is feeling unwell should contact NHS 24 for advice.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/8020208.stm
JinkyRctongs
JinkyRctongs
Captain

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Back to top Go down

Two swine flu cases are confirmed Empty Re: Two swine flu cases are confirmed

Post  Drop Out Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:01 pm

DAMN MEXICANS!

Drop Out
Protective Custody
Protective Custody

Number of posts : 5006
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  JinkyRctongs Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:28 pm

Theres 3 places in Mexico thats were the virus is, But the place the 2 Scots were at had no confirmed infected in that area.

The virus dosent seem to be doing damage outside of Mexico for some reason, maybe the climate or someshit, idk..
JinkyRctongs
JinkyRctongs
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Drop Out Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:35 pm

JinkyRctongs wrote:Theres 3 places in Mexico thats were the virus is, But the place the 2 Scots were at had no confirmed infected in that area.

The virus dosent seem to be doing damage outside of Mexico for some reason, maybe the climate or someshit, idk..

ONE BAD HEALTH CARE AND SECOND IM GUESSING LIKE MOST MEXICANS THEY WAIT TELL ITS TO LATE TO EVEN SEE THE DOCTOR...MY FAMILY FROM MEXICO IS THE SAME WAY...MY DAD BROKE HIS BACK N NEVER WENT TO THE DOCTOR OR ANYTHING.

Drop Out
Protective Custody
Protective Custody

Back to top Go down

Post  JinkyRctongs Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:46 pm

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0c/H1N1_map.svg

BLACK - Confirmed cases followed by death
RED - Confirmed cases
YELLOW - Unconfirmed or suspected cases
JinkyRctongs
JinkyRctongs
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Drop Out Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:50 pm

ITS LIKE I WAS SAYN ON THE CHAT JUST SOMETHING NEW TO WORRY ABOUT...NO NEED TO GET ALL SCARED CUZ IM STILL ON THE OLD STUFF LIKE WEST NILE,SARS, N THE BIRD FLU...ITS JUST CRAZY HOW THINGS POP UP THEN DIE THE NEXT YEAR OR MAYB ITS THE MASS MEDIA WHO BIRTHS IT N KILLS IT IN THE END.

Drop Out
Protective Custody
Protective Custody

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunky McThuggerton Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:06 pm

DICER wrote:ITS LIKE I WAS SAYN ON THE CHAT JUST SOMETHING NEW TO WORRY ABOUT...NO NEED TO GET ALL SCARED CUZ IM STILL ON THE OLD STUFF LIKE WEST NILE,SARS, N THE BIRD FLU...ITS JUST CRAZY HOW THINGS POP UP THEN DIE THE NEXT YEAR OR MAYB ITS THE MASS MEDIA WHO BIRTHS IT N KILLS IT IN THE END.

its finna be an excuse to not let any more messycans over the border....its gonna be a pandemic, and they gonna seal off the border for "health resaons"....

Drunky McThuggerton
Boss

Number of posts : 5175
Registration date : 2008-06-25

http://2012data.webs.com/theilluminati.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  SFxSTONER Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:44 pm

I'll be surprised if they close the border. From the sounds of it, the government wants it to spread. 3rd ID (my old unit) will be the ones enforcing martial law; it was reported in the Army Times earlier. According to the CDC, the virus has human flu genes, North American swine genes, avian flu genes, and Eurasian swine flu genes. Straight up biological warfare.

The news was saying that Tamiflu is the only drug that's successful in protecting you from the virus. However, you need to take it within 24 hours of contracting the virus. Plus it costs like $120 for a box of 12 pills. You can't buy it without a prescription. There are no over the counter versions (generic versions). Sounds like a marketing scam when you read up on the company and how they produced a shitload of medicine that no one wanted to buy. Suddenly this pandemic happens and *only* this medicine will stop it? The whole thing smells.

Anyway be careful and make plans just in case you need to get out of dodge. If it hits Orange County, we'll be next.
SFxSTONER
SFxSTONER
Soldier

Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post  W.Devil Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:09 pm

the strain in the US and everywhere else is more mild because it hasnt been circulating around the pop. as long as it has in Mexico....the US cases will get more fatal once the strain can adapt and mutate...
W.Devil
W.Devil
UnderBoss

Number of posts : 2977
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunky McThuggerton Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:13 pm

we all finna die!!!!!!!!

Drunky McThuggerton
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  SFxSTONER Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:33 pm

DICER wrote:ITS JUST CRAZY HOW THINGS POP UP THEN DIE THE NEXT YEAR OR MAYB ITS THE MASS MEDIA WHO BIRTHS IT N KILLS IT IN THE END.

Might be a little off the subject, but it's kinda like how Bin Laden was popping up on the news in a "new" video or audio recording every once in a while. It could be anyone talking on that shit. How many times has it happened since Obama took office? Not that many. We're being played for suckers.
SFxSTONER
SFxSTONER
Soldier

Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:40 pm

SFxSTONER wrote:
DICER wrote:ITS JUST CRAZY HOW THINGS POP UP THEN DIE THE NEXT YEAR OR MAYB ITS THE MASS MEDIA WHO BIRTHS IT N KILLS IT IN THE END.

Might be a little off the subject, but it's kinda like how Bin Laden was popping up on the news in a "new" video or audio recording every once in a while. It could be anyone talking on that shit. How many times has it happened since Obama took office? Not that many. We're being played for suckers.

Yeah.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Number of posts : 7350
Registration date : 2008-01-19

https://iestreetlife.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Post  P_LOKO Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:38 pm

SFxSTONER wrote:I'll be surprised if they close the border. From the sounds of it, the government wants it to spread. 3rd ID (my old unit) will be the ones enforcing martial law; it was reported in the Army Times earlier. According to the CDC, the virus has human flu genes, North American swine genes, avian flu genes, and Eurasian swine flu genes. Straight up biological warfare.

The news was saying that Tamiflu is the only drug that's successful in protecting you from the virus. However, you need to take it within 24 hours of contracting the virus. Plus it costs like $120 for a box of 12 pills. You can't buy it without a prescription. There are no over the counter versions (generic versions). Sounds like a marketing scam when you read up on the company and how they produced a shitload of medicine that no one wanted to buy. Suddenly this pandemic happens and *only* this medicine will stop it? The whole thing smells.

Anyway be careful and make plans just in case you need to get out of dodge. If it hits Orange County, we'll be next.

If I heard it correctly, on the news this morning, they was already saying there's a few people who already have it in California, one in Palm Springs, one in Clairmont and another in San Diego. Maybe it's just "suspected" right now, not sure.
P_LOKO
P_LOKO
Boss

Number of posts : 3824
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:27 pm

SFxSTONER wrote:I'll be surprised if they close the border. From the sounds of it, the government wants it to spread. 3rd ID (my old unit) will be the ones enforcing martial law; it was reported in the Army Times earlier. According to the CDC, the virus has human flu genes, North American swine genes, avian flu genes, and Eurasian swine flu genes. Straight up biological warfare.

Yeah the whole thing is sketchy too say the least. If you've noticed the media is really pushing this hard rite about now although with a down played element into it.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:30 pm

Paid_in_full wrote:

If I heard it correctly, on the news this morning, they was already saying there's a few people who already have it in California, one in Palm Springs, one in Clairmont and another in San Diego. Maybe it's just "suspected" right now, not sure.

According to the latest statistics there is over 40 cases in the US, 11 of those being here in California. This thing is global now as well, I believe I heard there has been cases in Africa, South America, Europe and Israel in the Middle east. Mexico has been the hardest hit so far with nearly 2,000 cases and over 200 dead.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Drop Out Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:40 pm

ITS FUNNY WELL NOT REALY FUNNY BUT I HEARD THAT THE REG. FLU AND COMMON COLD KILLS MILLIONS ALONE A YEAR BUT THIS NEW SCARY PIGK FLU KILLED 200 AN ITS ALL OVER THE NEWS Shocked

Drop Out
Protective Custody
Protective Custody

Back to top Go down

Post  W.Devil Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:28 am

because this isnt ur average everyday flu....its not the human strain....

its a cocktail of human swine and bird...pigs can get human and bird strains and of crouse swine strains of flu...so pigs are the ideal place for a new pandemic strain of flu to form with a combo like that...

this "swine flu" has a higher mortality...is most deadly to young adults..and is most deadly to people in the prime of there lives(much like the spanish flu 1918-1919)...unlike the reg human strain that is most severe in children and the elderly...and it is also a new strain that has not been seen...and like the human flu is easily transmissible froom human to human...and with global travel like it is these days....this has the potential to be REALLY fucked up...

we'll see tho...but this shit is looking eerily like the 1918-1919 spanish flu pandemic that was hella fucked up..
W.Devil
W.Devil
UnderBoss

Number of posts : 2977
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Drop Out Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:09 pm

DAMN HUERO DIDNT KNOW YOU WERE THAT OLD TO SEE THE GREAT FLU OF THE 1918-1919...REALLY THRO I STILL CALL HYPE...WHEN THE BLACK DEATH COMES AROUND THEN WE CAN BE SCARED.

Drop Out
Protective Custody
Protective Custody

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:20 am

2 SoCal deaths investigated for swine flu links
The Associated Press
Posted: 04/28/2009 01:28:00 PM PDT

"What we have right now is there are a couple cases that are going to be brought in for examination for swine flu, but we have no confirmation that's what it is at this stage," coroner's Capt. John Kades told The Associated Press.

Kades released no other details of the cases.

The Los Angeles Times said both men's deaths were reported to the coroner's office on Monday.

A Bellflower hospital reported the death of a 33-year-old Long Beach man who was brought in Saturday with symptoms resembling swine flu, coroner's spokesman Craig Harvey told the paper.

The man was taken to the hospital complaining of shortness of breath and lymphoma, a type of cancer, and doctors later diagnosed him with pneumonia, Harvey said.

The other death was a 45-year-old La Mirada man who died April 22 at Coast Plaza Doctor's Hospital in Norwalk, according to the Times. Doctors there said the man died of pneumonia but the county health department refused to accept the death certificate and referred to the coroner's office, the Times said.

If confirmed, the cases would be the first swine flu deaths in the United States.

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger declared a state of emergency Tuesday to help California agencies coordinate efforts in response to the outbreak of swine flu.

In proclaiming the emergency, Schwarzenegger also cautioned that "there is no need for alarm."

The governor said his priority was to limit the swine flu's spread as quickly as possible.

State health officials
Advertisement
so far have confirmed 11 cases of swine flu in California - five in San Diego County, five in Imperial County and one in Sacramento County.

Late Monday, Sacramento County officials reported two additional cases there. But state health officials did not immediately confirm those cases. State officials planned a Tuesday afternoon press conference.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunky McThuggerton Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:27 am

11 peeps get sick and we are in a state of emergency!!! more publicity for the over hyping of the mexican virus pandemic...

Drunky McThuggerton
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  American Zombie Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:48 am

I don't think its anything to panic over yet, but its nothing to laugh at.
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Number of posts : 6128

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/rothbard62.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunky McThuggerton Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:51 am

... wrote:I don't think its anything to panic over yet, but its nothing to laugh at.

thats my point, its nothing to panic at but these fucks declared a state of emergency...

Drunky McThuggerton
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Drop Out Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:45 am

... wrote:I don't think its anything to panic over yet, but its nothing to laugh at.

YEAH NOT YET BUT ON ALL THE NEWS AND THEM USING IT AS THE TOP STORY....THE MEDIAS TRYN TO MAKE IT MORE THAN IT REALLY IS...TODAYS TOP HEADLINE "FIRST DIED IN US" WHAT THEY SAY IN THE FINE PRINT IS THAT THIS BABY JUST CAME TO THE USA NOT TO LONG AGO BUT THE WAY THEY WORD IT YOU WOULD THINK AMERICANS ARE STARTING TO DROP...OH AND THE 200 WHO "DIED" IN MEXICO TURN OUT TO BE 7 DEAD THE REST JUST HAD THE EVEYDAY FLU BUT YOU DIDNT SEE "BRAKING NEWS THE 200 DEAD WAS REALLY US OVER REACTING"
SO LIKE I SAID THE MEDIA IS TRYN TO MAKE IT INTO A PANIC ITS NOT THE FIRST TIME THEY HAVE DONE THIS.

Drop Out
Protective Custody
Protective Custody

Back to top Go down

Post  .02 cents Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:23 am

What WORRIES me is the reasons why they keep hyping everything up. All of a sudden Obama is asking for 1.5 billion. 1.5 billion to fight this flu, get the fuck out of here, r u serious? A new health secretary has been sworn in, first task to combat this flu pandemic. Fishy, to me sounds like create a diversion, hype it up, act on the bullshit, while on the other side of town were all getting jacked. Plus, we all get to be scared for a little while, keeps us glued to our tv's. Maybe we might be waged in a war against germs, against a rumored enemy with weapons of mass congestion, cut it out. I'd keep my eyes open extra wide these next couple of years, and watch how little by lttle, this leads to that, and all of our freedoms and ways of living become extinct in the name of keeping us safe and healthy.

Dont bitch about what's happening to us, realize whats going on, organize and do something about it.
.02 cents
.02 cents
Made Member

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:02 pm

I definatley wouldn't try to play the situation down either...The thing is not something that should be dismissed/ignored or taken lightly the way I see it.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next