Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chinatown Mafia (Tong) / China Mafia (Triad) docs

2 posters

Go down

Chinatown Mafia (Tong) / China Mafia (Triad) docs Empty Chinatown Mafia (Tong) / China Mafia (Triad) docs

Post  3l3m3ntal Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:39 pm

I haven't found much video wise on the Chinese Tongs or the Triads. I seen the first doc on National Geographic. Pretty good but only goes as far back as the 70s til today particularly the emergence of Raymond "Shrimp Boy" Chow. The other doc I believe traces a big piece of the history of the Triads.

CHINATOWN MAFIA
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

CHINA MAFIA: THE TRIADS OF CHINA

Last edited by 3l3m3ntal on Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:33 am; edited 2 times in total
3l3m3ntal
3l3m3ntal
Soldier

Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Chinatown Mafia (Tong) / China Mafia (Triad) docs Empty Re: Chinatown Mafia (Tong) / China Mafia (Triad) docs

Post  JinkyRctongs Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:45 pm

3l3m3ntal wrote:I haven't found much video wise on the Chinese Tongs or the Triads. I seen the first doc on National Geographic. Pretty good but only goes as far back as the 70s til today particularly the emergence of Raymond "Shrimp Boy" Chow. The other doc I believe traces a big piece of the history of the Triads.

CHINATOWN MAFIA

Thanks
JinkyRctongs
JinkyRctongs
Captain

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Back to top Go down

Chinatown Mafia (Tong) / China Mafia (Triad) docs Empty Re: Chinatown Mafia (Tong) / China Mafia (Triad) docs

Post  3l3m3ntal Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:55 pm

Jinky wrote:
3l3m3ntal wrote:I haven't found much video wise on the Chinese Tongs or the Triads. I seen the first doc on National Geographic. Pretty good but only goes as far back as the 70s til today particularly the emergence of Raymond "Shrimp Boy" Chow. The other doc I believe traces a big piece of the history of the Triads.

CHINATOWN MAFIA

Thanks

You're welcome!
3l3m3ntal
3l3m3ntal
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  JinkyRctongs Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:00 am

First one was a good doc, gonna check out the 2nd later on.
JinkyRctongs
JinkyRctongs
Captain

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  3l3m3ntal Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:59 am

Jinky wrote:First one was a good doc, gonna check out the 2nd later on.

I have only seen part 1 of the YT video of China Mafia but it is REAL good. What I seen of it, way more history of the Triads presented than the other doc about Raymond "Shrimp Boy" Chow and the Tong/Triad connection. I will be finishing it later today.

Also I edited the first post because I had part 4 posted rather than part 1.
3l3m3ntal
3l3m3ntal
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  3l3m3ntal Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:04 pm

Books about the Tongs and Triads are so hard to come by I purchased three books on the subject this morning.

The Triads: The Growing Global Threat From The Chinese Criminal Societies by Martin Booth

The Dragon Syndicates: The Global Phenomenon Of The Triads by Martin Booth

Chinatown Gangs: Extortion, Enterprise, and Ethnicity (studies in crime and public policy) by Ko-Lin Chin

Aside from these three books there isn't much on paper about either the Tongs or the Triads, besides one tome that is now out of print, Blood Brothers: The Criminal Underworld of Asia by Bertil Lintner. Shit, they're selling ex-lib copies for over $60 and nm/mint between $80-$100+ @ amazon, ebay, and half.com.
3l3m3ntal
3l3m3ntal
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  3l3m3ntal Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:55 am

Jinky and all,

I just finished both The Triads and The Dragon Syndicates by Martin Booth. Though not about the Chinese immigrant / multi-ethnic Tongs, but the dude lays out pretty much the whole "history" of the Triads as the west knows it as it includes an admixture of legend, myth, and real history right up to the 20th century revealing one of the most powerful criminal societies in the whole world. Namely because the Triads are the most secretive of all the world's transnational organized crime. Highly recommended and these books are never boring hard to put down.
3l3m3ntal
3l3m3ntal
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down