Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Redlands shooting

+5
BWAR
VARRIO REDLANDS GANG X3
OnDaDeep
TumbleWeed
American Zombie
9 posters

Go down

Redlands shooting Empty Redlands shooting

Post  American Zombie Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:38 pm

These kids got shot on Post street. Says black and mexican gangs are going at it. Didn't some dude on here come on claiming Redlands Post street?

REDLANDS: Hunt on for suspect in teens' killing

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://cdn.robocaster.com/css/m-player-style.css" /> <a href="http://pe.robocaster.com/download.mp3?http://www.pe.com/localnews/stories/webtwodead.89bed1bb.html"><table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="background:url(http://cdn.robocaster.com/assets/player-controls.gif);width:200;height:15px" onclick="javascript:window.location.href='http://pe.robocaster.com/download.mp3?http://www.pe.com/localnews/stories/webtwodead.89bed1bb.html'"><tr><td class="player-control"></td><td class="player-center" style="width:114px">&nbsp;<a href="http://pe.robocaster.com/download.mp3?http://www.pe.com/localnews/stories/webtwodead.89bed1bb.html">Listen to Story</a>&nbsp;</td><td class="player-volume"></td></tr></table></a>
Download story podcast

11:59 PM PST on Thursday, January 6, 2011

By JAN SEARS, DARRELL R. SANTSCHI and RICHARD BROOKS
The Press-Enterprise

Long day for Redlands in wake of shootings
Two boys are dead and the community remains stunned
Published: 1/6/2011 11:37 PM

Video: Anguish at site of Redlands homicides

Video: HSGT: Redlands star plays on after brother's murder

Raw Video: Mother of slain teen at site of his murder

Video: Aerial overview of site of shooting

Photo Gallery: Teens Shot in Redlands

Redlands police are searching for a young Hispanic male who they suspect hunted down and fatally shot two teenagers and wounded two others as they walked near a northside apartment complex.

"This was a premeditated attack," Redlands Police Chief Jim Bueermann said Thursday. "It appears these kids were stalked (for at least several minutes) before they were shot."

While police have released a sketch of just one male, witnesses said three Hispanic males were involved -- one driving a car and two chasing down the victims, all of whom are black.
Redlands Police Department
An artist's rendering of a suspect in the slaying of two Redlands teens on Wednesday.

In the crime's aftermath, emotions ran so high among some of the city's teens that police began to fear there could be retaliation, Bueermann said. His investigators are monitoring angry comments on the Internet, he said.

A motive for the attack Wednesday evening has not been determined, but it has inflamed racial tensions, Bueermann said.

Because of that concern, the chief said he has completely reorganized his 74-officer department, assigning 30 to the core investigation and 20 to high-visibility patrols. That structure will continue at least through the weekend, he said.

Killed were Quinn McCaleb, 17, and Andrew Jackson, 16. Jordan Howard and Tequan Roberson were injured, said Jim Walker, a Redlands High School football coach who taught one of the teens. Their ages were not available. A fifth teenager in the group, whose name was not available, escaped without injury, police said.
Story continues below
WILLIAM WILSON LEWIS III / The Press-Enterprise
Zach Brown, 17, right, reacts having seen the memorial where cousin Quinn McCaleb, was shot and killed last night.

On Thursday afternoon, McCaleb's mother, Shanita Williams, 40, visited the place on Post Street where her son died, adding candles to a growing memorial.

"My baby, my baby. They finally got my baby," she wailed, rubbing her hand back and forth across the grass.

During an interview later, she said that McCaleb had been involved in conflicts with a group of Latinos for "at least three or four years.

"He has had several altercations with Hispanic gang members," Williams said. "It's a black and Hispanic gang thing."

She said that shortly before Thanksgiving, neighbors told her that a group of about 50 Hispanic males was going door to door in her neighborhood, armed with baseball bats and guns and looking for McCaleb.

She said police were called and searched the area on foot and with a helicopter.

Bueermann said he was unfamiliar with the incident.

THE CRIME

Williams said her son, along with Jackson, Roberson, Howard and the fifth teenager, were walking to a store when they were confronted Wednesday evening.

The group was passing through the Cinnamon Creek apartment complex on Oxford Drive about 7 p.m. when three Latino males drove up in a black car with shiny rims, said James Rivas, who said his children saw the incident.

The driver stayed inside while two males in black hooded sweatshirts got out and headed toward a carport, he said his children told him. Both males started whistling, Rivas said.

About 30 seconds later, the children heard gunshots, he said.

Four of the teens were hit and fled in several directions.

"I heard eight shots," said Nyeisha A. Grant, 27, who lives in a second-floor apartment near the complex. "After the shots ... I saw the boy lying on the concrete."

She ran outside and gave CPR to the boy, who she believes was McCaleb. He apparently had run about two blocks from the shooting scene before he fell.
Story continues below
Click to enlarge

"I pumped his chest for two or three minutes," she said. "He couldn't talk. He was gurgling blood."

Jackson fell in a driveway a short distance behind McCaleb. He was taken to Loma Linda University Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.

Howard was shot in the corner of his left eye and the bullet was lodged behind his left temple, coach Walker said. Roberson was treated and released for a leg injury, Walker said.

Police swarmed the crime scene Wednesday night and a helicopter circled for more than an hour.

The path of the boys' flight was marked by trails of blood -- on streets and grass, in a children's playground, on a fence and splattered on a Post Street fire hydrant. A city worker on Thursday afternoon sprayed the hydrant with yellow paint, covering up the blood spots.

Some of the blood was soaked up with a white foam sprayed by city workers and other stains were scrubbed away with soapy water.

On Thursday, memorials grew on the sites where the two boys fell. Candles, flowers, stuffed animals and balloons were left by groups of people who came and went during the day.

While police had mostly completed their work at the crime scene, about every half hour a patrol car slowly cruised through the neighborhood. Television news trucks clogged the narrow north Redlands streets.

By mid-afternoon police had released a sketch of the suspect and a description: a thin Hispanic male between 17 and 20 years old, 5 feet, 6 inches to 5 feet 10 inches tall, weighing 150 to 170 pounds.

THE VICTIMS

The four teens were students at Redlands High and Redlands East Valley High.

Jackson was the half-brother of Ashton Robinson, a Redlands High basketball star and one of the state's leading scorers, Walker said.
Story continues below
Special to The Press-Enterprise
Andrew Jackson, left, and Quinn McCaleb

Despite his loss, Robinson played a Thursday night game against Perris. A larger than usual crowd turned out and gave him a loud ovation when his name was announced.

"My brother would want me to play," Robinson said. "I've gotten a lot of support. Everyone told me if I need anything, I can come to them."

Jackson's aunt, Gwen Lewis, 41, said he was an outgoing boy with a "real good sense of humor. We are still in disbelief."

His grandmother, Freda Robinson, turned to her faith for support.

"We're Christians. (God) doesn't put more on you than you can bear," she said.

Giovanni Jenkins, 20, of Colton, said he grew up with Jackson and McCaleb.

Jackson was focused on getting his high school diploma, he said.

"I know he wanted to be successful," Jenkins said.

Howard is a junior and starting fullback on the football team, he said.

"Jordan is a good kid," said Denise Brown, a family friend. "He isn't doing anything gang-related."

Chris Fierro, a 2010 graduate of Redlands High, was at the Loma Linda medical center on Thursday afternoon, waiting for news of Howard's condition.

"I don't know how this happened. I'm just glad he's still here with us," Fierro said. "After taking a bullet in the eye, there is a reason he's still here."

McCaleb's father said the family had moved to Redlands to escape big-city crime.

"We moved from LA eight years ago to get away from the gangs," David Williams said.

Giorgio Moore, 22, of Colton, said he had known McCaleb for five years.

"He was a good student," Moore said. "He had been on the REV (Redlands East Valley High School) football team. He was not a gang banger."

Fierro called McCaleb "the quiet guy in the crowd. He didn't say much."

COMMUNITY REACTION

When school resumes Monday after the winter break, police will be in plain sight all week at and around the city's three high schools, especially the sprawling Redlands High campus, Chief Bueermann said.

It's just a precaution. His youngest son attends that school and will return as scheduled, Bueermann said.

"I wouldn't do that if I thought it was unsafe," he said.

Redlands High athletic director Ken Morse said no events will be canceled. The Redlands boys basketball team hosts Hemet at 6:30 p.m. today.

"We talked about it and we decided that we should go ahead and play the games and keep the kids in a positive environment, rather than cancel the games," Morse said. "We think that's the best thing, especially for Ashton (Robinson) to have the support."

Grief counselors will be on the Redlands High campus on Monday, Principal Christina Rivera said in an e-mail.
Story continues below
Shanita Williams holds a picture of her son, Quinn McCaleb. Redlands police officers continue their investigation of a scene where 4 boys were shot in Redlands.

Redlands City Council members said they were saddened by the shooting and concerned for the families.

"My heart hurts for these families who have lost these sons," said Councilman Paul Foster. "I have two sons myself and it would destroy me to have that happen."

Mayor Pete Aguilar said the city's first responsibility is to make sure police have the resources to solve the crime, which he termed a tragedy.

If the killing does prove to have racial overtones, the city will work with its Human Relations Commission to address the issue, the councilmen said.

Bueermann said investigators believe the crime could be the result of "racial tension between Hispanic adolescents and African-American males -- the behavior of teenagers.

"They get carried away and want to carry it out into the neighborhoods," he said.

It's too early to know if the crime is gang-related, he said Thursday evening.

"Our working hypothesis is that this is a local issue," he said. "Our concern is that outside gang members may try to insert themselves into this ... to even the score, so to speak."

Staff writers John Murphy, Kevin Pearson and Dayna Straehley and staff photographer William Wilson Lewis III contributed to this report.

Reach Richard Brooks at 951-368-9463 or rbrooks@PE.com

Reach Jan Sears at 951-368-9488 or jsears@PE.com

PAST CRIMES

Though widely regarded as among the safest Inland cities, Redlands has had its share of killings involving teens.

2003: Kelly Bullwinkle, 18, was shot twice in the back of the head and buried in San Timoteo Canyon. Two paintball enthusiasts found her decomposing body, leading to the arrests of Damien Guerrero and Kinzie Noordman, who described the slaying as a prank gone awry. Convicted of first-degree murder, Noordman was imprisoned for 45 years to life. Guerrero's jury deadlocked, but he later pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and was imprisoned for 15 years to life.

2000: Redlands High School student Carmen Uribe, 16, hid her pregnancy from her family. Saying that she was frightened about being a young mother, she admitted that she stabbed her newborn in the chest. She was convicted as an adult of second-degree murder and released on probation in 2001.

1999: A Redlands teen and three men in their 20s fatally shot Giann "Carlo" Cuccia and wounded his 16-year-old female companion as they sat on the front porch of a home after dark.

1998: J.P. Remsen, 15, pushed classmate Tristan Jensen down the stairs while Jensen was visiting Remsen's Redlands home. Jensen then was fatally stabbed and stuffed down a sewer manhole. His bones were found months later. Remsen was tried as an adult, convicted of second-degree murder and sentenced to 16 years to life.

1996: Jamie Moore, 14, was stabbed 44 times and found dead in his family's garage on Ardmore Circle. His brother, Redlands High School student Zachary Moore, 16, was convicted and imprisoned for 27 years to life.

1996: Former Redlands High School students Aaron Mercado and Ryan Bangs were sentenced to life terms for taking fellow student Justin Hooper into San Timoteo Canyon and shooting him to death. They said Hooper was selling drugs at school.
http://www.pe.com/localnews/stories/webtwodead.89bed1bb.html
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Number of posts : 6128
Registration date : 2008-01-19

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/rothbard62.html

Back to top Go down

Redlands shooting Empty Re: Redlands shooting

Post  TumbleWeed Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:39 pm

These kids got shot on Post street. Says black and mexican gangs are going at it. Didn't some dude on here come on claiming Redlands Post street?

I have a relative that stays around the block from there, that also knew the kid who was killed. The "gang" is called "Outrageous Crips" or something to the like, who I'm told has connections to PPHG in San Bernardino. I say gang loosely because it appears to be as if there only based to small portion of those apartments. My relative says it's pretty peaceful most of the time, aside from the occasional fist fight in the street, or other petty disturbance, but this shooting has definitely been something that shocked her and others in the neighborhood. From what I now know, a lot of out of town gang presence has settled into this area in recent years. Dudes from Meadowbrook, WSV, PPHG live in the area, and I imagine that the homegrown, Northside Redlands, haven't been to fond of this.

It's unfortunate to see the neighborhood start going downhill.

TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Number of posts : 7350

https://iestreetlife.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Post  OnDaDeep Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:07 am

this prolly started as sum high skoo shit he has a video beating up a mexican on his myspace in a bathroom
http://www.myspace.com/nxgxxd21
OnDaDeep
OnDaDeep
Wannabe

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:50 am

Yeh I met a dude on the Eastside from OS1's. I posted what little info he told me on here a while back. And the black presense is getting even deeper in that area...if ONLY that area.

Back to top Go down

Post  VARRIO REDLANDS GANG X3 Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:58 pm

one of those fools who died was a blood i went to school with quinn at my community day school...they must have fucked with the wrong people.,...

VARRIO REDLANDS GANG X3
Wannabe

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Redlands shooting Empty your all a JOKE

Post  BWAR Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:23 am

I came here to get some info on some little bitches. Let me tell you black gangs or anyone not from VRLS or NS will not survive in redlands. All the homies from redlands e carefull what you say. I am sure this website was set up by the pigs to collect info for themselves. All these rankers trying to be hard on thier safe little computer aint shit. They dont know redlands. These kids that werek killedwitnessed mysely trying to jump 2 homies from NSR 15 to 2. I knew then it was about to break lose. In case your wanderingi am not from NSR. I am just a whiteboy who grew up and partyed with them. And let me tell you I know you do not want to fuck with them. They are alot more then you think.

BWAR

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  OnDaDeep Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:32 am

dicc ridin
OnDaDeep
OnDaDeep
Wannabe

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:46 pm

The 2 kids got killed by a basehead from LA over a drug deal gone sour. It had nothing to do with the Redlands area gangs.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Redlands shooting Empty Its easy when your safe.

Post  BWAR Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:30 pm

Easy playing it safe on your pc. On the deep is that how you like it down your throat. I grew up mixing it up with the best of them while you where playing pac man on mommas computer. Looks like ritas a RPD trying to get more out of me. OUT FOR GOOD HAVE FUN ON YOUR MAKE BELIEVE LIVES!!!!

BWAR

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:31 pm

BWAR wrote:Easy playing it safe on your pc. On the deep is that how you like it down your throat. I grew up mixing it up with the best of them while you where playing pac man on mommas computer. Looks like ritas a RPD trying to get more out of me. OUT FOR GOOD HAVE FUN ON YOUR MAKE BELIEVE LIVES!!!!

LOL.....silly ass kid. You can miss me with all that nonsensical bullshit. The fact of the matter remains. The youngsters that were killed, were killed because they tried to sell dummy drugs to an out of towner basehead. It is what it is, now whether you want to spin that and put your own twist on it with the sole intention of bolstering a gang on an online forum, a gang that your not even from, then that's your prerogative.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  American Zombie Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:38 pm

Tired of people saying this site was set up by the cops. Get the fuck out with that bullshit
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  P_LOKO Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:30 pm

LOL @ just a little white kid that partied with them Razz
P_LOKO
P_LOKO
Boss

Number of posts : 3824
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post  BWAR Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:01 am

Oh! Old news know your computer failed you not a bad drug sale tge eeal news is out! You are all juat a joke! P for pussie loko. I am not a kid but grown ass man with better things to do then play gang banger on the computer like yourself! I can talk because i am not in the gang and wont give up anything. Real gang bangers dont play on the internet. I am down for my hood though. More then you sorry ass's can say for anything!

BWAR

Back to top Go down

Post  Forum Gawd Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:06 am

BWAR wrote:Oh! Old news know your computer failed you not a bad drug sale tge eeal news is out! You are all juat a joke! P for pussie loko. I am not a kid but grown ass man with better things to do then play gang banger on the computer like yourself! I can talk because i am not in the gang and wont give up anything. Real gang bangers dont play on the internet. I am down for my hood though. More then you sorry ass's can say for anything!

Lol at replying to an old ass internet argument. P_loko is doing 25 to life for a premeditated murder in Rambodia right now so your hogging up a dead tree by replying to him you stupid cunt.
Forum Gawd
Forum Gawd
Boss

Number of posts : 4842
Registration date : 2009-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:32 pm

What did happen to the camigga tho? Question

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:31 pm

P for pussie loko

: :ufareal?: ................ rofltroll
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  BWAR Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:30 am

Ha Fucking Ha! Excactly Loser gets busted for premediated murder! LMFAO!! Bitch cant even do the job right without getting the job done. Think i dont get your stupid subliminal message. Rambodia touch that and i think you know what will happen! Like I said before real bangers dont play o. The internet.{ Just you Pussies entertain me ] LOL !!!!!!!!!!

BWAR

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:45 pm

BWAR wrote:Ha Fucking Ha!  Excactly Loser gets busted for premediated murder! LMFAO!! Bitch cant even do the job right without getting the job done. Think i dont get your stupid subliminal message. Rambodia touch that and i think you know what will happen! Like I said before real bangers dont play o. The internet.{ Just you Pussies entertain me ] LOL !!!!!!!!!!

Redlands shooting Tumblr_m1ddxucO9s1qbj4t9o1_500
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  American Zombie Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:09 pm

BWAR wrote:Ha Fucking Ha!  Excactly Loser gets busted for premediated murder! LMFAO!! Bitch cant even do the job right without getting the job done. Think i dont get your stupid subliminal message. Rambodia touch that and i think you know what will happen! Like I said before real bangers dont play o. The internet.{ Just you Pussies entertain me ] LOL !!!!!!!!!!

And, "I DO BRIP" is busted for assault with a firearm. So now you're yelling at two incarcerated forum members!headslam :fuqouttahere:
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:11 am

LOL.... I just want to know what Rambodia has to do with anything.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  OldBlue Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:11 am

0ManForum wrote:LOL.... I just want to know what Rambodia has to do with anything.

WTF IS Rambodia!!! LOL!! Old B got busted?? WTF!?!?!?!?!?
OldBlue
OldBlue
Made Member

Number of posts : 762
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:43 am

Rambodia = Cambodia. Cambos = Rambos.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  calixprynce Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:28 pm

lol at the white boy dicc rider. Fucc whoever you hung around, my friend and his friends were murdered u bitch. And to the nigga that said he went to school with Quinn. You went to school with me too at Galaxy. And yes, Quinn claimed Blacc P Stones at Galaxy

calixprynce
Wannabe

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2014-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down