Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

30 varrios in 30 days

+9
worseloks
W3st909
Forum Gawd
Drunky McThuggerton
American Zombie
SURCALMEX
EVANS STR. GANG
W.Devil
Desdave
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

30 varrios in 30 days - Page 2 Empty Re: 30 varrios in 30 days

Post  Desdave Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:42 pm

Ummm, no. That is why I will have to visit Fontana and perhaps Rubidoux.

Desdave
Wannabe

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2011-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post  ieprince Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:52 pm

Wow rubidoux ispretty far from all the other hoods your visiting. I and very curious to see what type of stuff you found out about OVS because thats where i lived and grew up. I knew alot of kids from sunkist n belmont. Also i beleieve you said that perhaps ESO is a clique from OVS. its not i believe it is its own neighborhood. Also have you thought of visiting NSO's neighborhood im not even sure where it is exactly. I only met one person from NSO. Im curious to know their history.

ieprince
Soldier

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdave Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:16 am

A mans got to do what a mans got to do. If schlepping out to Rubidoux is what takes than so be it. Took the day off today. Rolled Cherryville last night.

Got pulled over by Pomona PD. Told I was suspicious. Asked if I was picking up. Told him about my project and told me I was nuts and to get out of Pomona.

Sane advice, I reckon. Lots of vatos out last night.

As for NSO, I was told that the Calaveras clique of OVS I spoke about is actually NSO. I grew up with a guy from that hood, if I can find him he will know about that crew... He wasn't with them but he certainly would know them.

Not doubting ESO is it's own varrio, but it appeared to be OVS turf based on the tags.

Desdave
Wannabe

Back to top Go down

Post  W.Devil Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:11 am

lol...
W.Devil
W.Devil
UnderBoss

Number of posts : 2977
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post  W3st909 Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:58 am

lol gud advice

W3st909
Soldier

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2011-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post  P_LOKO Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:25 pm

Desdave wrote:A mans got to do what a mans got to do. If schlepping out to Rubidoux is what takes than so be it. Took the day off today. Rolled Cherryville last night.

Got pulled over by Pomona PD. Told I was suspicious. Asked if I was picking up. Told him about my project and told me I was nuts and to get out of Pomona.

Sane advice, I reckon. Lots of vatos out last night.

As for NSO, I was told that the Calaveras clique of OVS I spoke about is actually NSO. I grew up with a guy from that hood, if I can find him he will know about that crew... He wasn't with them but he certainly would know them.

Not doubting ESO is it's own varrio, but it appeared to be OVS turf based on the tags.

It's a new time and era. And some gangs are not as active as they once were. Which is why you might not see hit ups of a certain gang, and instead see hit ups from a different gang. Shit like that happens all the time. Some gangs run dominant and others fade out overtime. That info you got about NSO being a clique of OVS is not true though. NSO and ESO are different gangs.
P_LOKO
P_LOKO
Boss

Number of posts : 3824
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunky McThuggerton Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:56 pm

ieprince wrote:Wow rubidoux ispretty far from all the other hoods your visiting. I and very curious to see what type of stuff you found out about OVS because thats where i lived and grew up. I knew alot of kids from sunkist n belmont. Also i beleieve you said that perhaps ESO is a clique from OVS. its not i believe it is its own neighborhood. Also have you thought of visiting NSO's neighborhood im not even sure where it is exactly. I only met one person from NSO. Im curious to know their history.
rubidoux isnt far from fontana at all. if he goes. its pretty much just separated by a hill.

Drunky McThuggerton
Boss

Number of posts : 5175
Registration date : 2008-06-25

http://2012data.webs.com/theilluminati.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunky McThuggerton Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:12 pm

Desdave wrote:
DontxTrip wrote:
Desdave wrote:Again, I am kind of the "guero in the ghetto" and not only do I have to protect my family and myself, but I have to show respect to guys who I am relying on to help me out with my future. And honestly, a beef with one varrio to another is their business, not mine.

My interest and thesis are in regards to the Chicano culture and lifestyle as related to surenos... Not who they beef with.

With that said I have mad respect for how they treated me and what they told me. And that is one hell of a varrio over there in the truest sense of the word.

not talking shit but what makes you say that?

No offense taken at all... I am the new guy. And an outsider to boot, so perhaps what I say isn't proper or correct but only how I see/saw it.

What I meant from my statement, and I may be incorrect, is: it is a very old school Latino hood, where everyone who lives there knows who is in charge. There are well placed tags letting folks like me know that you are entering an area that is not yours to hang out in, or sling without taxation. So far this week only OVS Belmont and Sunkist and P12 gave me that feeling. As I alluded to earlier, I didn't feel that way in cuca dp or ESO.

Sorry if it offends.
didnt offend, just curiois as to what others "criteria" for "down hoods" or in your words, "one hell of a varrio" what you said makes sense, but and i can see how you might feel like that given their reputation, and taking the fact that you view yourself as an outsider. i myself never feel like that when in Pomona, granted I have lived here on and off a huge majority of my life. The only time I felt in any way intimidated was once I visited a freind that lived on 12th street down the street, and even than i was a teenager. Other spots i get that feeling just because the environment is a lil intimidating, the maravilla projects for example. As far as graffiti, i hardly ever see and 12 hit ups. But if your just strictly trying to stay on the west end, i dont think youll find any more varrios with that "feeling" of 12st, even though their la county sgv gang, or OVS, maybe chino sinners varrio. The only other areas where you may get that classic varrio feeling, probably most of sb, es riverside, parts of south riverside, rubidoux, and fontana.

Drunky McThuggerton
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdave Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:07 pm

Took a look at NSO tonite on the way home from work. Nice varrio, it has a park and a school which seem to be a meeting point for the guys. Again, I would feel more than a little intimidated by OVS being so darned strong and old being literally right next door... But I think I make a better thinker than tough guy. Saw a pair of guys on Avenida Amador, they had girls with them and neither guy was tarted up so I did want to pull over and chat em up. They were young and I seem to have better luck with vets when it comes to talking history. Have a call into my bro from that area, hopefully he will call.

Sorry to keep calling it "tags". Wasn't really sure what hit up meant.

Don't know what rifa means either.

Well, hell, there is actually a bunch I don't understand which is the best part.

The look on that cops face on sat nite was priceless! "no sir, I am not here for drugs, I am trying to learn a little about Cherryville for my thesis.". He cocked his head and starred and told me I was in the wrong place and to learn on wikipedia and get out of Pomona! "last thing I want is to come back out and see you cut, and that's what these knuckleheads will do to you if they catch you here!"

He's probably right, I as useless as tits on a whore in a knife fight!

I feel that if I show respect I am fairly safe, right? I mean there is an element of danger, but if I get the job I want I could end up in Libya or Isreal chasing stories and no disrespect to the vatos around here but I figure they gotta be more loco over there. I mean, when was the last time a sureno detonated himself?

Desdave
Wannabe

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunky McThuggerton Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:49 pm

Desdave wrote:Took a look at NSO tonite on the way home from work. Nice varrio, it has a park and a school which seem to be a meeting point for the guys. Again, I would feel more than a little intimidated by OVS being so darned strong and old being literally right next door... But I think I make a better thinker than tough guy. Saw a pair of guys on Avenida Amador, they had girls with them and neither guy was tarted up so I did want to pull over and chat em up. They were young and I seem to have better luck with vets when it comes to talking history. Have a call into my bro from that area, hopefully he will call.

Sorry to keep calling it "tags". Wasn't really sure what hit up meant.

Don't know what rifa means either.

Well, hell, there is actually a bunch I don't understand which is the best part.

The look on that cops face on sat nite was priceless! "no sir, I am not here for drugs, I am trying to learn a little about Cherryville for my thesis.". He cocked his head and starred and told me I was in the wrong place and to learn on wikipedia and get out of Pomona! "last thing I want is to come back out and see you cut, and that's what these knuckleheads will do to you if they catch you here!"

He's probably right, I as useless as tits on a whore in a knife fight!

I feel that if I show respect I am fairly safe, right? I mean there is an element of danger, but if I get the job I want I could end up in Libya or Isreal chasing stories and no disrespect to the vatos around here but I figure they gotta be more loco over there. I mean, when was the last time a sureno detonated himself?
they call em torpedoes...lol but they dont blow themselves up in a literal why, but lives end in one way or an other.

Drunky McThuggerton
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdave Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:18 am

Not to sound more kooky than I already have, but is the Torpedo like the thing in American Me?

Desdave
Wannabe

Back to top Go down

Post  3l3m3ntal Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:25 am

Desdave wrote:

Just be careful and respectful, I have found the veterans generally cool dudes they've seen their days and I've had them approach me quite infrequently through life just for small talk and shit if only to wheedle a cigarette or something. At least, the ones I've encountered have had an anecdotal personality and amusing nature even. Less likely and too matured to hit up or be humoured with a mark.

And avoiding the wild-eyed tweakers might be a sound idea, afterall, you're dealing with a criminal mind deserving respect lol. And another factor, realizing you lack familiarity too. I don't think this word to the wise offended anybody, after what we all seen posted up on these gang forums (Streetlife and others). Also, these gangs might be soc and feeling insular and slam the proverbial door in your face too. Then again, maybe very open and candid. Afterall, these "meetings" aren't being formally arranged, right? Like what the papers and television does. Some, gangster or otherwise, might take offense at the idea of being chased down by a stranger or being dropped in on unannounced without proper introductions beforehand. Just .02!

Anyways, wishing you the best of luck!

3l3m3ntal
3l3m3ntal
Soldier

Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post  3l3m3ntal Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:34 pm

rifa = down
3l3m3ntal
3l3m3ntal
Soldier

Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunky McThuggerton Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:46 pm

Desdave wrote:Not to sound more kooky than I already have, but is the Torpedo like the thing in American Me?
which part?

Drunky McThuggerton
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdave Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:43 pm

The jail cell flame thrower.

Desdave
Wannabe

Back to top Go down

Post  W.Devil Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:23 pm

Rifa is like REIGNS or RULES..
W.Devil
W.Devil
UnderBoss

Number of posts : 2977
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunky McThuggerton Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:45 pm

Desdave wrote:The jail cell flame thrower.
na not even. when you think of what a torpedo is, its something that gets sent to blow up and doesnt care its not coming back, think more kamakazi, or like dude in the end of a bronx tale..

Drunky McThuggerton
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  AHM Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:20 am

cray wrote:Interview some Cucamonga Kings. lol.

Then take a trip to Fontana and I'll tell you where to go.
fontana is run down but u dnt see any bangers posted all u see is a bunch of kids.

AHM
Associate

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post  worseloks Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:07 am

dave are u a whiteboy interviewing all these vatos lol

worseloks
Soldier

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2010-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdave Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:17 am

worseloks wrote:dave are u a whiteboy interviewing all these vatos lol

Yeah, I am white... And?

I don't judge anyone by color, so I have never felt too different. I grew up in three very racially diverse towns: canoga park, pacoima and chino. So I have learned not to "accept" other races as much as learn and grow from our similarities as opposed to the differences. We all breathe the same air, bleed the same blood and have nearly identical skeletal structures, I guess I never let that one inch layer of color define me or who I choose to chill with... or interview.

Just my $0.02 on the race subject

Desdave
Wannabe

Back to top Go down

Post  EVANS STR. GANG Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:17 am

Desdave wrote:
worseloks wrote:dave are u a whiteboy interviewing all these vatos lol

Yeah, I am white... And?

I don't judge anyone by color, so I have never felt too different. I grew up in three very racially diverse towns: canoga park, pacoima and chino. So I have learned not to "accept" other races as much as learn and grow from our similarities as opposed to the differences. We all breathe the same air, bleed the same blood and have nearly identical skeletal structures, I guess I never let that one inch layer of color define me or who I choose to chill with... or interview.

Just my $0.02 on the race subject

i wouldn't consider pacoima racially diverse lol.. you want racially diverse think long beach
EVANS STR. GANG
EVANS STR. GANG
Made Member

Number of posts : 1086
Registration date : 2009-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdave Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:38 pm

Haven't posted in a while. Visited a few more varrios this past few days, and got an interesting interview.

Visited south Pomona/Olive street, Cuca Kings, and the neighborhood of Westmont... Which isn't listed on the map as being a varrio, but I think either P12 or HTP run that hill.

SSP/Olive is what I expected after my P12 visit last week. A very deeply rooted Chicano hood with lots of vatos everywhere.

Cuca Kings turf seems to be a million miles removed from the rest of Rancho, but it certainly is a hood in the middle of suburbia. Went through the Dog Patch again too.

My interview was with a SB County deputy who works the so called Wild West End Aka the hood near the Chino/montclair/ Pomona border... Always interesting to get their viewpoint.

Desdave
Wannabe

Back to top Go down

Post  American Zombie Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:51 pm

Desdave wrote:Haven't posted in a while. Visited a few more varrios this past few days, and got an interesting interview.

Visited south Pomona/Olive street, Cuca Kings, and the neighborhood of Westmont... Which isn't listed on the map as being a varrio, but I think either P12 or HTP run that hill.

SSP/Olive is what I expected after my P12 visit last week. A very deeply rooted Chicano hood with lots of vatos everywhere.

Cuca Kings turf seems to be a million miles removed from the rest of Rancho, but it certainly is a hood in the middle of suburbia. Went through the Dog Patch again too.

My interview was with a SB County deputy who works the so called Wild West End Aka the hood near the Chino/montclair/ Pomona border... Always interesting to get their viewpoint.

what he say?
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Number of posts : 6128
Registration date : 2008-01-19

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/rothbard62.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdave Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:03 pm

He had a lot to say. Re: that segment of the mission corridor, he says it isn't any particular varrio, but that there are bangers from all over the valley living in there, including a 18th St vet. He claimed it to be as rough as Fontana and Muscoy though.

His belief is that the Surenos were more quiet in the past year due to that bust last year with OVS and some raid on the P 12, that I dont remember hearing about. Nice cop, older, been around. Says the pRison gangs r has the streets on some kind of " keep quiet" edict, that I Also had never read.

When I asked him the dominate g crew in the area he said OVS.

Anyone know the crew and boundaries of Westmont Pomona.

Desdave
Wannabe

Back to top Go down

Post  worseloks Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:51 am

so someone deleted the comment i left about dave? damn thats some bullshit

worseloks
Soldier

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2010-12-03