Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COLTON....

+21
geyez
Cevek
W3st909
rune sindel
D-Dogg
SFxSTONER
wesiderider
SURCALMEX
wolfman
420SMOKE
treasurechest
LOCO ANGELES
E_14ST
P_LOKO
C O L T O N
insane_empire
American Zombie
Grandhustle_909
Drop Out
CaliforniaRepublic
TumbleWeed
25 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

COLTON.... - Page 2 Empty Re: COLTON....

Post  C O L T O N Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:57 pm

RTS?
naw not really not too much activity with their just the older foos from the east side.
its all hannah street. little other varios have tried to come up on the east but
they end up shutting them down fast.
as far as relationships. its more of mutual respect in between everybody.
however theres always been kind of tension in between the
north and east.
but in the south since they have a whole strech of hood to thier selves.
they stay more reserved unless you ask for it.

C O L T O N
Soldier

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

COLTON.... - Page 2 Empty EAST RIVERSIDE 14TH STREET

Post  E_14ST Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:10 pm

Grandhustle_909 wrote:I'm suprised how they made it this far as a gang, knowing how they set up shop right there near MT. VERNON (on Hanna Street I believe). I wouldn't doubt that they caught a lot of static along the way from the near by gangs.
YEAH ITS HANNAH ST THEY HIT THAT SHIT UP IN HIGHGROVE BUT IVE NEVER SEEN EM ROLLING AROUND OR HEARD OF HOMIES RUNNING INTO THEM

E_14ST
Associate

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2008-12-27

Back to top Go down

COLTON.... - Page 2 Empty COLTON

Post  LOCO ANGELES Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:04 pm

YEA I REMEBER MY UNCLE TALKING ABOUT ROYAL GENT HE USED 2 BE ONE OF THE MAIN GUYS

LOCO ANGELES
Soldier

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post  C O L T O N Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:56 pm

Grandhustle_909 wrote:I'm suprised how they made it this far as a gang, knowing how they set up shop right there near MT. VERNON (on Hanna Street I believe). I wouldn't doubt that they caught a lot of static along the way from the near by gangs.

they go at it crazy with the flats!
thats forsure

C O L T O N
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  P_LOKO Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:35 pm

So what's some of the history behind the Royal Gents? How far do they go back? Did they have an original varrio or where they spread out through Colton?
P_LOKO
P_LOKO
Boss

Number of posts : 3824
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post  treasurechest Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:23 am

NYTE RYDA wrote:Maybe Areefce can answer this. I remember someone telling me that some years ago a 18st clique from South Central found its way into Colton looking to set up shop as a varrio. They found problems with Eastside Colton right away but held on for a few months, ESC eventually got them out. I do remember hearing about a dude from 18st getting shot outside Colton High by a ESC.

According to my homie this was in the early 2000's or so. How active was this beef??

This is an old post but interesting and the question has probably been answered, but I'll throw my two cents in. Around 2000 and 2001, some LA cats made a move on Colton. For about 6 months ESC was having a hard time dealing with them and even Colton cops were surprised what was going on. Eventually, ESC handled it. But there were kids from the North and the South that got involved though. It wasn't strictly the East. However, there were some influences from those in the pen that had some say in it.

treasurechest
Soldier

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2009-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post  P_LOKO Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:42 am

The good thing about Colton varrios is that even though some dislike eachother, they all have a mutual respect for eachother for the most part...seems like they will get together and ride for the city if they have to.
P_LOKO
P_LOKO
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  treasurechest Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:03 am

Paid_In_Full wrote:The good thing about Colton varrios is that even though some dislike eachother, they all have a mutual respect for eachother for the most part...seems like they will get together and ride for the city if they have to.

wuz up Paid. that's right, they do stay tight. It seems like the relationship between the East and North is better than either with the south.

treasurechest
Soldier

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2009-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post  C O L T O N Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:23 am

it is...
the east and north have always been cooler than with the south.

C O L T O N
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  P_LOKO Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:24 am

Was around that area near the Burger King off 9th...noticed quite a few IE TMFX3 hit ups...never heard of them before, but thought I mention it. Might be some small time gang just trying to come up in the IE. Anybody heard of them?
P_LOKO
P_LOKO
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  American Zombie Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:30 am

Paid_in_full wrote:Was around that area near the Burger King off 9th...noticed quite a few IE TMFX3 hit ups...never heard of them before, but thought I mention it. Might be some small time gang just trying to come up in the IE. Anybody heard of them?

Theirs a TMF in Fontana off of Tokay and Barbee ave area. I took a pic of a hit up of theirs right under that FLSX3 hit up. Don't know if the same ones though.
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Number of posts : 6128
Registration date : 2008-01-19

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/rothbard62.html

Back to top Go down

Post  P_LOKO Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:32 am

Probably is the same ones. Do you know what the name of this group?
P_LOKO
P_LOKO
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  American Zombie Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:34 am

Not sure. Ive heard Tokay maniac Family/The maniac Family. But dont know if thats the real name.
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  420SMOKE Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:48 pm

treasurechest wrote:
Paid_In_Full wrote:The good thing about Colton varrios is that even though some dislike eachother, they all have a mutual respect for eachother for the most part...seems like they will get together and ride for the city if they have to.

wuz up Paid. that's right, they do stay tight. It seems like the relationship between the East and North is better than either with the south.

THE THING IS THAT ALOT OF PEOPLE IN COLTON ARE FAMILIA, I KNOW A FEW OF VATOS FROM NS/ ES THAT HAVE OLDER FAMILIA/PARENTS FROM SSC. I HAD TO DO SOME WORK RELEASE IN COLTON AND ALMOST EVERYONE WHO WORKED THERE APPEARED TO BE OLDER VATOS FROM SS, IT SEEMED LIKE YOU HAD TO BE FROM COLTON TO GET HIRED ON FOR THE CITY.
420SMOKE
420SMOKE
Soldier

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2009-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post  C O L T O N Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:23 am

that seems to be the case.
everybody has a cousin thats cousins with someone else.
so at a bday party youll see some people
and be like were related?

haha

C O L T O N
Soldier

Back to top Go down

COLTON.... - Page 2 Empty EAST SIDE COLTON SHOOTING

Post  420SMOKE Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:15 am

FOUND THIS ARTICLE ON A 19YR GETTING SHOT IN THE EAST SIDE OF COLTON AROUND THE FOUR SEASON APTS. AND IM NOT SURE IF HE WAS FROM IT BUT THERE WAS A FEW CAR WASHES AROUND TOWN AND I SEEN SOME HEADS FROM ESC HANNAH ST LOCOS HELPING OUT.

Crime and public safety, September 19

Posted: 09/18/2009 05:35:43 PM PDT

COLTON
Man walking down street shot, killed

A 19-year-old Colton man was killed in a shooting Thursday evening.

Daniel Jose Rivera was walking in the 1300 block of Redlands Avenue at 8:55 p.m. when someone shot him. There did not appear to be any interaction between the victim and shooter before shots were fired, police said.

Paramedics took Rivera to Arrowhead Regional Medical Center in Colton where he died of his injuries.
420SMOKE
420SMOKE
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  American Zombie Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:48 am

ESC is going at it with Verdugo Flats. I'm not pointing fingers, I know it coulve been anyone.But I wouldn't doubt if VF is their worst enemy.
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  C O L T O N Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:28 am

daniel aka clumsie

he's an eastsider frosure

C O L T O N
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  420SMOKE Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:00 am

THE LIL HOMMIE FROM NS GOT SHOT IN THE ES, HE WAS A FIRME VATO HAD JUST GOTTEN OUT IN AUGUST, LOOKS LIKE SHITS GONNA BE HOT THIS CHRISTMAS.

The San Bernardino County Coroner identified Alex Vincent Alaniz(RIP), 22, of Colton as the victim of an early Saturday shooting.

The coroner reported that Alaniz was gunned down after an altercation at a residence in the 1300 block of North Rialto Avenue. Paramedics pronounced the man dead of an upper-body wound at the scene of the shooting.

The Colton Police department is investigating the case.
420SMOKE
420SMOKE
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:03 am

Shit has been picking up in Colton. I'm starting to see more tension with the Flats and the West side again.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Number of posts : 7350

https://iestreetlife.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Post  C O L T O N Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:43 pm

3 murders within the last year
2 esc
1 nsc

C O L T O N
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfman Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:23 am

Grandhustle_909 wrote:Yeah you do get that old school feel around the East area, I also noticed that about the South side of town...I came across this post by LoneWolf a while back about the history of the barrio of South Coltone, ( [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ) Don't know if it's accurate but worth the time reading...

South Side Colton – A History of the Barrio

South Colton comprises an area of just under 1 1/2 square miles of the City of Colton in Verdugo County. It is surrounded by railroad tracks, and includes the area east from Rancho to 12th streets, south to Fogy, and north to the 10 Fwy. Many of the houses are of a very old age and deteriorating; much of the small commercial section is closed; with the streets in disrepair, and threatened now by urban renewal and private development.

With 85% of the population being of Mexican heritage, South Colton is one of the very few barrios in California that clearly reflects the entire scope of Chicano history, and presents all of the trends of Chicano working-class history in this our land.

The town of Colton was created by the Southern Pacific Railroad which intended to make it the railroad center of operations in Southern California. The Chicano Barrio (South Side Colton,) begun as a railroad labor camp adjacent to the railroad tracks, when the Southern Pacific Railroad brought in Mexican labor in the 1890s, and the Mexican immigrant community developed directly adjacent to the already well-established original San Salvador community of settlers from New Mexico, who had come to this river-bottom area in South Colton in 1843. The community was founded next to the tracks because that was where the marginal land could be found on account of the de facto segregation established by the Anglo community, making it the only affordable land close to work. Thereon after South Colton developed much in the same way as many other Chicano Barrios and Colonias did so throughout the Southwest.

1913, the Church of San Salvador was built in South Colton, and the two Spanish-speaking communities merged. The original San Salvador Church was built in Agua Mansa by the original community in 1853. It had, however, been abandoned in the 1890s, and was subsequently reconstructed in South Colton when the Barrio residents petitioned the Arch diocese for their own church. San Salvador Church, central to the religious, social, and political life of South Colton, still sits on the corner of 7th and M streets where it was built in 1913.

South Colton developed according to the economic, social, and political realities of the Mexicans who little by little, bought small lots and built their own designed homes with the help of family and neighbors, using any materials they could afford. Thus, the homes in South Colton are primarily small, wooden frame structures, many of which started out as shacks constructed of discarded lumber and corrugated metal. The design of the homes, the material used to construct them, and the use of the exterior space reflects not only the economic conditions and space needs of the Chicanos, but also their aesthetic and cultural sensibilities. In short, the Mexicans who created this community gave it the aesthetic form and texture they were familiar with in Mexico. They re-created a Mexican environment.

The Chicanos dire economic, social, and political conditions in South Colton, facing poverty, racism, and exclusion from socio-political institutions, forced the Chicanos in the Barrio to create their own institutions for educating their young and to provide for medical needs, as well as providing community economic assistance, going on to form even a labor union.

By 1910, South Colton had an underground Spanish-language academy, where Barrio youngsters were instructed in their community's language, values, and history after the regular school day and on Saturday mornings.

In 1913, community organizations included a mutual aid society, a committee for Fiestas celebrating Mexican national holidays, and a women's Blue Cross society. The mutual aid society helped each other with burial and other expenses when work-related and other calamities occurred. The Blue Cross members visited the sick and helped families when illness struck in the barrio. Celebrations of Mexico's national holidays, particularly the 16th of September (Mexican Independence Day) and Cinco de Mayo (Battle of Puebla celebration), were organized by the Patriotic Fiestas committee.

In 1917, Chicano United Workers organized a union and led a successful strike against the Portland Cement Company, one of Colton's major industries and its largest employer. The two-month strike resulted with the Trabajadores Unidos winning their labor demands, and subsequently, the union opened a cooperative grocery store which they called "La Union."

The period from World War I to the Great Depression brought in continued growth to Colton's two communities (Anglo & Chicano), however the South Colton Barrio did not receive its share of municipal funds and services for educational and recreation facilities. Streets in South Colton remained unpaved; sewage services were nonexistent. Chicano youngsters were segregated into “1” Mexican grade school with inadequate facilities and insufficient teachers, and were not welcome in the town's High School in Colton proper.The city's swimming pool was segregated; Mexicans could swim only on the day before the water was to be changed, and even the town's theater was also segregated. Except for work and some shopping, Chicanos and Anglos seldom interacted.

The community's social functions, including quinceaƱeras, baptisms, weddings, dances, community fiestas, and other social activities, were held in either the Parish Hall or a dance hall built in South Colton. The social life of the community revolved around these two halls, which were always decorated with brilliantly colored crepe paper, and with other ornaments reflecting the aesthetic sensibilities of the community. These activities involved the entire family, grandparents, parents, young marrieds, teenagers, and infants all attended the dances and celebrations. For young men in particular, local pool halls and taverns were major centers of social activity — a place to relax, have a beer, see friends, and talk over situations regarding family, work, and making ends meet. As the Chicano Barrio grew, both through the natural increase in births, as well as because of the continued immigration from Mexico and other parts of the Southwest, the Barrio became knows as <strong>"LITTLE MEXICO"</strong> and <strong>"CHOLOVILLE,"</strong> names that were to survive until the decade of the 1950s.

In continuing to meet the community's entertainment needs and interests, as well as to counter the racism represented by the segregated Anglo-owned theater, two Chicano theaters showing Spanish-language films opened in South Colton. El Tivoli on 7th and O Streets and El Teatro Hidalgo, they not only showed Spanish language films, but were also centers for community activities and theatrical presentations, including those of the traveling bands of the circus. To ensure that Chicano youngsters had a place to swim on a daily basis and that the community had a recreational center, Chicano business owners built a stadium complex in 1922, calling it the International Stadium. They also built a swimming pool, a baseball diamond, and bleachers. Chicano baseball teams from all over Southern California’s Barrios came here to compete in an informal and unofficial, but very active, Chicano baseball league. All of these were the community's recreational life and youth activities revolved around these before the 1930s Great Depression years.

Repatriation and deportation of Mexicans during the Great Depression not only served to depopulate South Colton, but also effectively destroyed the developing economic and social stability of the Barrio. Many of the residents later returned, but they had lost their property and whatever savings they had accumulated before repatriation or deportation. South Colton never recovered from the effects from these programs, inflicted on their community by Anglo society.

During the period of WWII as the community sent its young men to war, and many more young people moved to urban centers where economic and educational opportunities appeared more accessible, those who stayed during and after the war, began to organize politically and began to challenge the Anglo establishment. The excessive force used by Colton police in what has been called the "Colton Zoot Suit Riot" was soundly condemned by Chicanos. They saw it as part of the attack against Mexicans which began in Los Angeles, when Anglo sailors and marines attacked Mexican and Black youngsters wearing "drapes," stripped and beat them, and then watched the police arrest them. Chicanos in South Colton launched protests against the police and demanded better municipal services from City Hall, desegregation of the schools, and a voice in local government.

Organization and political activity continued though the 1950s & 1960s as residents of the Barrio joined the wider-Chicano movement in the struggle for political participation and civil rights. Finally in 1979, Colton elected a Chicano mayor and two Chicanos on the City Council, as well as a Chicano school board member. But even though political gains have been won, South Colton remains economically depressed, and the Chicano Barrio is in danger of succumbing to urban renewal. The barrio now sits on prime industrial property, and private developers are anxious to buy out low-income property owners and make the area into an industrial park. Many of the original families still reside there; however, the population is increasingly composed of recent arrivals from Mexico. They, like the prior original inhabitants, have come in as low-wage labor in non-union industries; they receive low pay, few public services, and have few if any economic benefits or securities. But these newer residents come to a community that is essentially Mexican in speech, values, and customs, and they contribute mightily to its linguistic, social, cultural, and historical continuity as a Chicano community.

From the original Bandini and Lugo Spanish/Mexican land grants of the prior centuries, to the pioneer settlements of San Salvador, to the later influx of Mexican railroad camp laborers, through the merging of the two communities, and the subsequent development of a Chicano political class in South Colton, the Chicano Barrio experience is forever a part of history and the future of California.
wolfman
wolfman
Captain

Number of posts : 1811
Registration date : 2009-12-13

http://13radicalriders14.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  SURCALMEX Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:53 pm

I remember this was already posted somewhere
SURCALMEX
SURCALMEX
Captain

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

COLTON.... - Page 2 Empty Colton City Crips

Post  Guest Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:41 am

in this vid tiny 40, k-tray (Randy), toot toot, big Omar, RD locc? couldn't make it out...anyway footage from 2001 the track is off of the MIgrate adapt or Die album from the Zoo Crew. 40 had the curl...for those that didn't know The Zoo has been doing this shit for years starting with Natural Born and k9 (kelsey). To see 40's come up is good for the whole Empire.

Back to top Go down

Post  wesiderider Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:30 pm

Is NSC the bloque still doing their thing? That spot was one way in, outsiders no way out.....those fools had walkie talkies and shit.......

wesiderider
Made Member

Number of posts : 1343
Registration date : 2009-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next