Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SB Gang member killed in hospital

+5
Ty
TumbleWeed
ieprince
tysuave77
dstrm300
9 posters

Go down

SB Gang member killed in hospital Empty SB Gang member killed in hospital

Post  dstrm300 Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:33 pm

Gang Member Fatally Shot In Head While In Hospital

December 25, 1992

SAN BERNARDINO, CALIF. — A gunman walked into a hospital Thursday and fatally shot a suspected gang member who was recovering from a gunshot wound suffered days earlier, authorities said. The assailant walked away after the shooting and was being sought by police. The patient, Kendrick Wills, 22, was shot at least once in the head, police said. Wills was admitted to the hospital Dec. 21 with a bullet wound to the buttocks suffered in a gang confrontation, said police spokeswoman Brenda Shaw. The shooting occurred in the annex of San Bernardino County Hospital

Tryna figure out where old dude who was shot was from??? Any ideas, Ty, Ryda, Niners?
dstrm300
dstrm300
Made Member

Number of posts : 1201
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Back to top Go down

SB Gang member killed in hospital Empty Re: SB Gang member killed in hospital

Post  tysuave77 Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:56 pm

damn somebody wanted dude dead,and was not playing..

tysuave77
Soldier

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post  ieprince Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:06 pm

dont they got metal detectors at the county hospital? eh im sure he figured out a way around that.

ieprince
Soldier

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:56 pm

I have a vague memory of hearing about this incident or I may just be mistaking it for something else, either way, it slips my mind as to who exactly was involved in this. Again, I'm not entirely sure, but I think one of the Macon's may have been involved here, don't quote me on that though.

I do, however, remember that year very well. I believe that was the year SB had the second or third highest murder rate in the country. Wild times.....wild times indeed.

Last edited by Daddie Strong Pipe on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Number of posts : 7350
Registration date : 2008-01-19

https://iestreetlife.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:29 pm

From the Los Angeles Times

Wounded Man Slain in Hospital : Gangs: Victim was injured Monday in one of four drive-by shootings in San Bernardino. Authorities say killing is virtually unprecedented.
December 25, 1992|PAUL FELDMAN | TIMES STAFF WRITER

A suspected gang member who was wounded earlier this week in a San Bernardino drive-by shooting was shot and killed in his San Bernardino County Medical Center bed on Christmas Eve by an unknown assailant.

Authorities said Kendrick Lavelle Wills, 22, was shot about 8:40 a.m. Thursday by a man who ran from the hospital grounds. Wills, identified by police as a member of a San Bernardino gang, had been admitted to the hospital after being wounded in the buttocks Monday in one of four apparently gang-related shootings that rocked the community.

Thursday's shooting stunned hospital administrators and employees and was the latest in a string of violent incidents to plague Southern California medical facilities in recent years.

In Los Angeles County, public hospitals have installed metal detectors and have increased security surveillance after violence broke out between gang members in hospital corridors. At White Memorial Hospital last year, for example, gang members sprayed the emergency room entrance with bullets, injuring one bystander.

Workers were also shot to death two years ago in the Mission Bay Memorial Hospital in San Diego and the UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles.

But San Bernardino authorities say the slaying of a hospital patient in his room is virtually unprecedented.

"I've been in the public hospital business for 25 years both here and in Chicago and traditionally public hospitals are neutral turf," county hospital administrator Charles Jervis said. "In all my years we have never had an incident like this between gang members." Wills, who was housed alone in an unguarded room in the hospital's one-story annex, was not thought to need special protection, hospital officials said Thursday. "This man was not under arrest and we're not a locked facility," hospital spokeswoman Helen Ramirez said. "It was not an issue with us certainly."

Hospital employees quickly summoned San Bernardino police, security guards and doctors on duty in the 288-bed public health facility when the shots were fired.

"It was quite a ruckus in the emergency room," hospital messenger Kim Taylor said. "Our security people were unarmed but they ran to the scene anyway. The doctors in the emergency room ran too. It was quite a mess."

When police arrived, they found the body of Wills in his room.

"I don't know if he was asleep but I know there wasn't a struggle," police spokeswoman Brenda Shaw said. "There are indications this shooting and the one Monday are related."

Shaw would not disclose the type of gun used in the hospital or how many bullets were fired.

Witnesses described the man running from the hospital grounds as 5-foot-7, weighing 150 pounds, and wearing a beanie, a blue jacket and brown pants.

Shortly afterward, police transported several non-mobile patients in an ambulance to a nearby intersection where a vehicle had been stopped with several suspects inside. But the suspects were released when the witnesses said they could not identify any of them.

No one has been arrested in Monday's shooting, police said.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:00 am

I remember this a little...a very tad bit. As a matter of fact this was the year that g'ma and pops moved out of the west side after decades on trenton st. If I remember correctly, this was connected to an Omnitrans bus shooting at cal state san bernardino where gun men were hopping on busses looking for someone...they shot and killed someone and even began looking for the driver I remember they were hopping on busses looking at drivers name tags. My relative has been a driver for Omnin since early 80's...but i'm thinking this was related and if not, then i'm not sure...but google that incident and might find a connection.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ty Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:57 pm

dstrm300 wrote:Gang Member Fatally Shot In Head While In Hospital

December 25, 1992

SAN BERNARDINO, CALIF. — A gunman walked into a hospital Thursday and fatally shot a suspected gang member who was recovering from a gunshot wound suffered days earlier, authorities said. The assailant walked away after the shooting and was being sought by police. The patient, Kendrick Wills, 22, was shot at least once in the head, police said. Wills was admitted to the hospital Dec. 21 with a bullet wound to the buttocks suffered in a gang confrontation, said police spokeswoman Brenda Shaw. The shooting occurred in the annex of San Bernardino County Hospital

Tryna figure out where old dude who was shot was from??? Any ideas, Ty, Ryda, Niners?

The media said he was a San Bernardino gang member but he was affiliated with them L.A. cats that setup over on Sepulveda. He stayed around the corner from them on Lugo.

You talkin about the Sepulvada Boyz?

Ty
Soldier

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

SB Gang member killed in hospital Empty SB Gang Member shot in Hospital: clarification on Kendrick

Post  kggilbert Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:19 am

My friend & I happened to stumble upon this while searching for info on her brother. Kendrick Wills was her brother. Just to clarify his affiliation, he was a member of the Shotgun Crips. It was a tragedy that they still relive every year on Christmas Eve. They left California soon after the shooting. The oldest brother John was in the military & moved the entire family to the East Coast where they all still live today. Kendrick for all his faults was a loving brother who provided for his family in the only way he knew how. No one deserves to be shot in their sleep, it was a cowardly move.

kggilbert

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:34 am

Thank you for the clarification on that.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  CaliforniaRepublic Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:43 am

Haven't heard of nothing like that happening in years. Where i'm from, a couple of the homies would stand guard at the hospital, in shifts, until the homey got out. Either way, that's salt on the wound if you ask me. For his loved ones.
CaliforniaRepublic
CaliforniaRepublic
Captain

Number of posts : 1763
Registration date : 2008-02-04

https://iestreetlife.aforumfree.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  dstrm300 Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:32 pm

kggilbert wrote:My friend & I happened to stumble upon this while searching for info on her brother. Kendrick Wills was her brother. Just to clarify his affiliation, he was a member of the Shotgun Crips. It was a tragedy that they still relive every year on Christmas Eve. They left California soon after the shooting. The oldest brother John was in the military & moved the entire family to the East Coast where they all still live today. Kendrick for all his faults was a loving brother who provided for his family in the only way he knew how. No one deserves to be shot in their sleep, it was a cowardly move.

Fa real thanks for clearing that up, i thought that would remain a mystery for the longest. The time period it happened was a bad time for out of towners. My thoughts and prayers to the family i know it couldnt have been easy 4 them.
dstrm300
dstrm300
Made Member

Number of posts : 1201
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:57 pm

I just realized this incident happened at Community Hospital on the west side, and not at St Bernadine's. I vividly remember many unfortunate acts of violence from 1992/1993, but don't quite remember to many details from this particular incident....which is strange.

But yeah, the west side was heavy on the heads of outsiders in those years, 1991 - 1993 in particular.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

SB Gang member killed in hospital Empty me foo

Post  WilberRodriquez Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:46 pm

i did that shit

WilberRodriquez

Number of posts : 7