Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lakeshow (everything Lakers)

+25
CaliforniaRepublic
ALCOHOLIC
wolfman
dstrm300
wesiderider
EVANS STR. GANG
.02 cents
JinkyRctongs
Coka
"Flaco73"
WickedMindz1
tysuave77
pm
{~Vicente~}
Drunky McThuggerton
samdooby
East Coast
MAFIA GANG IE bangin
blow me
Ty
Drop Out
SURCALMEX
TumbleWeed
spc6364
W.Devil
29 posters

Page 11 of 37 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 24 ... 37  Next

Go down

The Lakeshow (everything Lakers) - Page 11 Empty LAKERS OFFSEASON

Post  W.Devil Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:33 pm

OK

WHAT MOVES SHULD WE MAKE TO IMPROVE...

GET RID OF THE FOLLOWING..

VLAD

WALTON

MAYBE ODOM LOL

THOSE 3 ARE THE DEFINITION OF INCONSISTENT...

I KINDA WANNA BRING RON ARTEST OVER HERE....SEE HOW THAT WULD WORK OUT
W.Devil
W.Devil
UnderBoss

Number of posts : 2977
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

The Lakeshow (everything Lakers) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Lakeshow (everything Lakers)

Post  W.Devil Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:39 pm

AND IM NOT COMPLETELY SOLD ON BYNUM...IM WORRIED HOW HE IS GONNA COME BACK FROM THIS INJURY...

ONE THING IS FOR SURE...WE REALLY CULDA USED HIM IN THE SERIES AGAIST BOSTON...I THINK IT WULD OF GAVE US A WAY BETTER CHANCE THAN WE HAD AGAINST THEM...WE WERE TOO SOFT INSIDE HE WULDA BROUGHT SOME TOUGHNESS...
W.Devil
W.Devil
UnderBoss

Back to top Go down

The Lakeshow (everything Lakers) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Lakeshow (everything Lakers)

Post  TumbleWeed Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:26 pm

I know its still real early but there is already talk about Ron Artest possibly joining the Lakers, this would be great for the Lakers as Ron Artest is a very good and physical defender. Damn, on some other shit though that long armed chimp lol rondo was getting on my nerves!!
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Number of posts : 7350
Registration date : 2008-01-19

https://iestreetlife.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:29 pm

See the Lakers have everything and possibly the most talented frontline with Bynum in the mix. They have everything, down to a T EXCEPT for that major defensive presence, once they aquire that the Lakers will be a tough way out for Boston. Also I blame these damn analyst they have on all them sports shows, seems like we got jinxed badly off all their predicitions we came in as the so called favorites, but the favorites always end up getting knocked out by the unexpected. Just look at the Patriots.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:37 pm

HUERO WITH A H wrote:OK

WHAT MOVES SHULD WE MAKE TO IMPROVE...

GET RID OF THE FOLLOWING..

VLAD

WALTON

MAYBE ODOM LOL

THOSE 3 ARE THE DEFINITION OF INCONSISTENT...

I KINDA WANNA BRING RON ARTEST OVER HERE....SEE HOW THAT WULD WORK OUT

Hell no, you must be on one Huero ODOM??? What? Odom is a major factor for the Lakers. Mitch Kupcheck wont make the error of trading such a talent I dont think. When Odom provides consistently and stops being so passive the Lakers are damn near impossible to take on. I mentioned there was already talk about Ron Artest, and frankly that would be a major defensive presence he could fit in. I honestly think Luke Walton might be heading out, maybe even Radmonivic, but Rad is a shooter and but he can also get kind of streaky and makes some silly plays.

The Lakers will be in great shape once we get that defense that we desperatley need on the inside, People wanna get on Pau, but they quickly forget that if it wasn't for Pau the Lakers would have never accomplished anything this year and certainly not be in the Finals. Pau was aquired for offensive purposes to alleviate Kobe's load, everyone knows he has never been a great defender.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:39 pm

Bynum is a kid, with so much to learn and develop. He has major talent and was on pace to be a great center, hopefully he wont get hindered by that injury or let that detour his confidence.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  W.Devil Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:41 pm

artest said he is 99% sure he wont opt out but who knows..

lol lets trade odom for teyshaun prince hahaha
W.Devil
W.Devil
UnderBoss

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:46 pm

Artest said he wouldn't opt out of what? LOL at the ex basehead.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  W.Devil Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:49 pm

of his contract and talking about how he wanted to finish out his contract with the kings....who kno's what will happen tho..
W.Devil
W.Devil
UnderBoss

Back to top Go down

Post  SURCALMEX Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:29 pm

hey nyte rida do you know who the lakers might have to get rid of if they acquire ron artest? Im really ainctious to see what happens during the offseason hopely everything comes out good next season and the lakers stay healthy because that was another thing that affected the lakers this season
SURCALMEX
SURCALMEX
Captain

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:24 pm

Well they where saying that Odom might become vunerable but if that happens then I see the Lakers nowhere near where they where this year, Odom is too talented, and I dont think the general managers would let that happen. Hopefully its Mihm or something along those lines lol.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  SURCALMEX Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:37 pm

yeah Mitch Kupchak is not stupid and he is known for making really good descisions hopely it's Mihm and Walton Ron Artest will definetely help the Lakers alot but you cannot aford to loose a player as talented as Odom
SURCALMEX
SURCALMEX
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  spc6364 Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:48 pm

NYTE RYDA wrote:I know its still real early but there is already talk about Ron Artest possibly joining the Lakers, this would be great for the Lakers as Ron Artest is a very good and physical defender. Damn, on some other shit though that long armed chimp lol rondo was getting on my nerves!!
haha that fool does have long ass fuckin arms tho. he was a big presence in game 6 too

spc6364
Soldier

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-01-23

Back to top Go down

The Lakeshow (everything Lakers) - Page 11 Empty Lakers Notebook: Vujacic, Turiaf will explore options

Post  TumbleWeed Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:25 pm

I'm gonna be laughing if these idiots opt out for some cash over success.

Lakers Notebook: Vujacic, Turiaf will explore options

Download story podcast

11:12 PM PDT on Thursday, June 19, 2008

By BRODERICK TURNER
The Press-Enterprise

EL SEGUNDO - There was a time when Sasha Vujacic and Ronny Turiaf would never think about playing for anyone but the Lakers.

When the subject was broached about them becoming restricted free agents, both Vujacic and Turiaf would get looks of disdain in their eyes, as if to say how dare you ask that question.

But after Vujacic and Turiaf had their exit meetings Thursday with Lakers coach Phil Jackson and general manager Mitch Kupchak, both talked about how it is a business and how they would do what was best for them and their families financially.

Both said they want to remain with the Lakers, but both left the door open to leaving.

Vujacic, a 6-foot-7 guard, and Turiaf, a 6-10 forward/center, can begin negotiating with other teams and the Lakers gon July 1, but can't sign a contract until July 9.

Because both are restricted free agents, the Lakers can match any offers they receive.

It's believed that Vujacic's representative will be seeking the full mid-level exception of $5.8 million.

"I'm going to be with the team that wants and needs me the most," Vujacic said. "Who it's going to be, I can't say right now at this point. But we'll see."

Turiaf had to play out of position at times this season at back-up center. That may make him valuable on the open market.

"Of course as far as my personal preference, it would be to be here," Turiaf said. "But, is it the best situation for me? That would have to be discussed in the summer time."

Tough Stance by Gasol

So many people questioned the Lakers' toughness in the NBA Finals against the Boston Celtics.

Some even called the Lakers "soft." Before Pau Gasol came to the Lakers, he was labeled as such.

Gasol's not buying into that, about him or the team. Gasol's take is that the media will call a team the "king of the world" when it wins, but turn around and call a team soft when it doesn't play well.

"I think we could have been a little tougher, a little more physical," Gasol said. " ... I don't think a team that plays in the Finals and got to the Finals and beat Denver, San Antonio and Utah, that you question their toughness. I don't think that a soft team could get to the Finals, period. I think that's the best way to put it. If somebody thinks otherwise, I think you should check yourself. That's a fact."

Exit Strategies

Every player had his exit meeting with Jackson and Kupchak on Thursday except for Derek Fisher and Lamar Odom. They will have theirs today.

Kobe Bryant was supposed to have his today, but opted for Thursday.

Trevor Ariza will get an MRI on Monday on the fractured right foot that kept him out of 44 regular-season games.

Ariza wants to add 10 pounds to his 6-8, 210-pound frame, improve his jumper and ballhandling skills, won't opt out of his contract that pays him $3.1 million next season and will change his uniform number from 3 to 1. Luke Walton wants to stay healthy, Vladimir Radmanovic had no problems with Jackson calling him "Space Cadet," Jordan Farmar thinks the Lakers will be good for a long time, and Chris Mihm feels as if he's getting his explosion back in his feet. Andrew Bynum left before talking to the media.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

The Lakeshow (everything Lakers) - Page 11 Empty LAKERS!!!!

Post  W.Devil Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:35 am

FUCK!...WE ARE DOMINATING SO FAR THIS SEASON...

SUNS GOT OWNED HAHA..FUCK SHAQ
W.Devil
W.Devil
UnderBoss

Back to top Go down

Post  SURCALMEX Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:53 pm

Hell yeah Lakers #1 in the NBA taking over the league
SURCALMEX
SURCALMEX
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  samdooby Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:11 pm

They been playing real solid lately. Thanks to that deep, talented bench aka "Bench Mob"...

Kobe's minutes are down and that means more rest and less trying to carry the team on his shoulders every night. Andrew Bynum is young and hungry and wants to develop a low-post game. Plus the Lakers have shooters on their team. Trevor Ariza is a silent killer. Dude does all the intangibles. Runs, hussles, steals, scores, rebounds, etc...

Lets hope they keep this comrodorie up. They'll go deep into the playoffs if they continue to play like this...

samdooby
Associate

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:48 pm

The Lakers are playing on a mission this year, they've obviously improved considerably in every aspect. Especially at the defensive end. They have the leagues best defense and points allowed stats so far, so I think it they keep this high level of play and moderate the occasional "slow nights", we can safely say that they might go a little more than deep in the playoffs. Very Happy Cool
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:50 pm

I think Bynum still has a ways to go, this kid will only get better as time progresses. I think Stu Lantz from FSN said it best, he still has a month to a couple months to get settled with the Lakers offense and get back that run he had last season before the injury.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  samdooby Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:25 pm

Damn, the Lakers looking damn good on that defensive end. Dudes look quick in jumping the lanes and causing turnovers. Their second unit is a real spark for them. PLUS, Denver made them look good because, DAMN, the Nuggets DON"T play any D.

Kobe looks relaxed and rested. All the other dudes are role players doing their thing and he is the BIG CHEESE and no other ego's to compete against. But let me ask this, should the Lakers trade Odom? Last year of his contract (I think), now coming off the bench, wants to be a starter. Should they trade and maybe get another PG, Forward?? Or keep him? What's the deal?

samdooby
Associate

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:40 pm

Odom will stay. He wasn't comfortable with being the third or section option on the scoring end. He wanted to be a starter but he didn't produce like they wanted him to. His contribution off the bench as the 6th man has eased up his nerves and he's playing better than I've ever seen him. He looks comfortable and once again Phil Jackson has mastered the way he controls his team to a T.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:32 pm

Lakers finally lost their second game of this season Barley the second lose all season. Although it was mainly on part of terrible defense down the stretch. But here's something I find somewhat entertaining, any of yall notice how the Celtics have had more chances to win than the Lakers or any team so far this season? The league game schedulers have gave Boston more opportunities to play this season than any other team in the NBA. They've played 4 more games than almost every team in the league, the thing that hits me though is the fact that whoever is in charge of scheduling game days also decided to minimize the Lakers a full week were they only played one game which has never happened to them according to Kobe, while the Celtics played 3 games that same week and they were able to capitalize on those. Anyone else notice a little pattern developing here? It's like Boston has favor with someone in the league!
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:36 pm

On some other shit though, what about that boy Trevor Ariza? This young dude is going to be a force!
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:49 am

DAMN Lakers!!! Way to slipp up on the road trip!
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  SURCALMEX Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:04 am

Horrible game against sacramento what happened to the Lakers that where kicking ass this season
SURCALMEX
SURCALMEX
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 37 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 24 ... 37  Next