Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LA TAGBANGERS FROM EARLY 90'S

+2
TumbleWeed
SURCALMEX
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

LA TAGBANGERS FROM EARLY 90'S Empty LA TAGBANGERS FROM EARLY 90'S

Post  SURCALMEX Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:35 pm

Someone in some other forum was talking about Watts VKMT and how they started off as taggers this guy in this video SWAK from KMT was my homie Bomber's uncle and this shit is from before they where a real varrio like in 93 or 94 KAMS is also on this before they where a varrio too and VKWS from Maywood, SADK which i think it also became VSAD from South Central and The Bratz 13 from Huntington Park although i don't think TBZ13 was ever a tagging krew i think the only non tagbanging writer in this video is Oiler and Theme One.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
SURCALMEX
SURCALMEX
Captain

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

LA TAGBANGERS FROM EARLY 90'S Empty Re: LA TAGBANGERS FROM EARLY 90'S

Post  TumbleWeed Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:00 pm

Nowadays I see "taggers" as a scared excuse as to why they don't want to get put on with a real neighborhood/gang. The thing that baffles me is that these days these dudes want to participate in the same activities. Just goes to show how times and things have changed. I can respect the so called 'artistic" side of things but not all this other shit that I see and gear about these clowns out there today are just as bad as those goofy ass party crews.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Number of posts : 7350
Registration date : 2008-01-19

https://iestreetlife.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SURCALMEX Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:37 pm

hell yeah all these young foos in these tagging crews today are goofy ass fuck just like all these stupid looking clowns in party crews know in days they always say that they are gangsta and shit but never put in no real work they just talk shit on myspace im too young to have lived my teen years in the 90's but from what i hear and see about the 90's it looks like people had guts and heart and almost everyone was down for their shit too bad now in days all these young fools are all talk only a very few number of youngsters out there now in days really got heart and are down for there shit now in days there is way to many rankers and kids want to be like who ever they see on MTV
SURCALMEX
SURCALMEX
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  American Zombie Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:43 am

Tag banging was more of a 90's thing but theirs will always be beefing crews. I see it different than Nyte Ryda because no matter how hard you try to keep it about the art somebody in the streets will always test you. its real hard to not end up beefing with other crews/hoods. Now i half way agree with you Ryda when you say scared excuse not to be put on a real gang because half the kids writting get in crews because they know its not as dangerous as gang banging but half the kids WILL end up gangbanging and are just getting started trying to be recoginzed. In the nieghborhoods where theirs established gangs youll find that tha local crew(s) are like the lil homies or farm league before they get into the actual hood. In areas where their is no established gang well, thats where they end up not getting anywhere or trying to become a hood on their own..Nowadays though I think the tagging scence had died down . No fun in it with cities cleaining up on graffiti.
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Number of posts : 6128

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/rothbard62.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Drop Out Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:47 am

^AGREED HOMIE...THE NOT SO NEW THING THAT SEEM TO HIT HARD IN THE LAST 5 YEARS IS PARTY CREWS THEY ALWAYS BEEN AROUND NOT LIKE THIS WITH MYSPACE & THE NET ITS EASYER TO HOOK UP AND PARTY...BUT WHY DO THESE FOOLS HANDLE THERE SHIT WHEN THERES A PARTY GOING ON SHIT JUST DUMB TO ME.

Drop Out
Protective Custody
Protective Custody

Number of posts : 5006
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  SURCALMEX Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:20 am

for reals these fools that fight at parties should take there beef somewhere else instead fucking up the party for everyone that goes to have fun and not start drama take that shit to the park at night or some shit like that
SURCALMEX
SURCALMEX
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  East Coast Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:52 pm

Since I'm older than most of you Homies, I remember the first time I saw any kind of "TAG" crews in LA was around 88' or 89'. I used to work in LA at the produce markets and would see all kinds of shit driving around.
I was even driving down 18st at that time.

The only "TAG" I used see was on TV from New York.

But like you Homies said, "A lot of things have changed".

East Coast
Wannabe

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post  SURCALMEX Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:02 pm

hey east coast was there any bombs or placas or pieces back then in the freeways?
SURCALMEX
SURCALMEX
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  East Coast Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:31 pm

I remember going down the 10 in ExLxA right before all the freeways meet. Some dude painted a huge unicorn on that wall right next to the tracks.

As for the over head signs going across. I first saw that around 89'. Right by the 710 & 10. Some crew CAB covered the whole sign. At the time I wondered how in the hell he got up there. Oiler was starting hit up the billboards.

The 605 railroad bridges just south of the 60 were done around 89' or 90'. I was thinking the samething on how they got on the side the doesn't have the walk way.

It was crazy back then with TAG's. Everything was virgin to the TAG crews in the late 80's & early 90's.

East Coast
Wannabe

Back to top Go down

Post  SURCALMEX Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:36 pm

yeah every was virgin for tagging crews now in day it's kinda hard to find a wall that has never been hit up or that doesn't have any paint painted on top of the tags
SURCALMEX
SURCALMEX
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  East Coast Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:43 pm

Or having that razor wire on the signs.

I remember when Cal Trans first put up the razor wire. They put on one side only. Then the TAG crews would run across the freeway and climb up the otherside.

When all the TAG crews were hitting up, you'd see the traditional writing disappear from view.

East Coast
Wannabe

Back to top Go down

Post  SURCALMEX Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:05 pm

More Tagbanger videos from the 90's

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
SURCALMEX
SURCALMEX
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  American Zombie Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:21 pm

ALl goes back to what I been saying lol.

TAG BANGERS-1990's.
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Drop Out Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:50 pm

cray wrote:ALl goes back to what I been saying lol.

TAG BANGERS-1990's.

NO ONES DOUBTN YOU LOL...BUT THERES STILL TAGBANGING EVEN TODAY, BACK THEN IT WAS FIGHTN N SHIT THEN IT STARTED TO GET MORE BANGED OUT WITH FOOLS GETTN SHOT OVER A TAG N ITS STILL GOING DOWN TODAY JUST WITH PARTYBANGERS IN THE MIX MORE CUZ TO ME NOT EVERYONE LIKES TO TAG BUT EVERYONE LIKES TO PARTY SO BEING SOUTHERN CALI THEY HAD TO ADD THE BANGING TO THE PARTING...NEXT ULL SEE DANCE CREWS TURN DANCE-BANGERS WITH DANCE OFFS WITH SOME FOOL GETTN SHOT IN THE END LOL.

Drop Out
Protective Custody
Protective Custody

Back to top Go down

Post  SURCALMEX Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:42 pm

DICERxOVSBA*BMTLs wrote:

TAG BANGERS-1990's.

NO ONES DOUBTN YOU LOL...BUT THERES STILL TAGBANGING EVEN TODAY, BACK THEN IT WAS FIGHTN N SHIT THEN IT STARTED TO GET MORE BANGED OUT WITH FOOLS GETTN SHOT OVER A TAG N ITS STILL GOING DOWN TODAY JUST WITH PARTYBANGERS IN THE MIX MORE CUZ TO ME NOT EVERYONE LIKES TO TAG BUT EVERYONE LIKES TO PARTY SO BEING SOUTHERN CALI THEY HAD TO ADD THE BANGING TO THE PARTING...NEXT ULL SEE DANCE CREWS TURN DANCE-BANGERS WITH DANCE OFFS WITH SOME FOOL GETTN SHOT IN THE END LOL.

Car Clubs turning into Cruisebangers and boxing clubs turning into Boxbangers
SURCALMEX
SURCALMEX
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Drop Out Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:02 pm

surcalmex wrote:
DICERxOVSBA*BMTLs wrote:

TAG BANGERS-1990's.

Car Clubs turning into Cruisebangers and boxing clubs turning into Boxbangers

CAR CLUBS TURN BANGERS WAS DONE THE IN THE 30s/40s/50s HOMIE.

Drop Out
Protective Custody
Protective Custody

Back to top Go down

Post  SURCALMEX Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:12 pm

yeah but i mean the ones today like Knockturnal

Yeah cause the Lowrider Clubs from back in the day turn into alot of the varrios today

Last edited by surcalmex on Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
SURCALMEX
SURCALMEX
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Drop Out Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:22 pm

OH THEM STREET RACER TYPES?

Drop Out
Protective Custody
Protective Custody

Back to top Go down

Post  P_LOKO Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:35 pm

DICERxBELMONT LOCOs wrote:

TAG BANGERS-1990's.

LOL, shooting eachother over Dance Dance Revolution...two stepping on the enemies LOL, that would be some shit.
P_LOKO
P_LOKO
Boss

Number of posts : 3824
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post  P_LOKO Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:37 pm

I remember there used to be street racer type dudes back in the day called CyberTech...most of them was just about the racing, but some of them dudes took that shit to another level, on that gangbanging/shooting tip.
P_LOKO
P_LOKO
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Drop Out Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:27 pm

Paid_In_Full wrote:I remember there used to be street racer type dudes back in the day called CyberTech...most of them was just about the racing, but some of them dudes took that shit to another level, on that gangbanging/shooting tip.

I WAS A LIL INTO STREET RACING BUT NOT IN NO PUCK ASS RACE CREW JUST CUZ I HAD A NICE CAMARO THAT WAS FAST...N THERE WOULD ALWAYS BE A SHOOTING AT THE ONTERIO STREET RACES.

Drop Out
Protective Custody
Protective Custody

Back to top Go down

Post  P_LOKO Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:29 pm

Shit, I never been down to Ontario races, but I hear a whole lot about it. What streets was it going down at? And do they still have it going on today? I always hear bout the coppers crashing the party, and how everybody jumps in they whip and bounce
P_LOKO
P_LOKO
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Drop Out Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:59 pm

Paid_In_Full wrote:Shit, I never been down to Ontario races, but I hear a whole lot about it. What streets was it going down at? And do they still have it going on today? I always hear bout the coppers crashing the party, and how everybody jumps in they whip and bounce

ON SOME REAL SHIT HOMIE IT WAS LIKE THE FAST N THE FURIOUS...HUNDREDS OF CARS PARKD N RACING UP N DOWN THE STREETS...THEY USED TO HAVE THEM IN EAST ONTA WERE ITS MORE WAREHOUSE N BIGGER STREETS MOSTLY OFF ANY STREET AROUND THE 15 FWY BETWEEN MISSION N ALL THE WAY UP TO THE MILLS ALMOST, SOMETIMES GOING OVER INTO MIRA LOMA N RACING THERE STREETS BY THE 15...BUT IT GOT BAD N LIKE I SAID FOOLS WERE GETTN SHOT OR CRASHING SO THEY PUT SPEED BUMPS N ROAD BLOCKS UP..N HAD UNDERCOVER STINGS...LAST I WAS AROUND THAT AREA LATE 2 AM WHEN MOST THE RACES GO DOWN I DIDNT SEE ONE RACER SO I GUESS THEY PUT A STOP TO IT.

Drop Out
Protective Custody
Protective Custody

Back to top Go down

Post  P_LOKO Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:53 am

Yeah people were telling me how they would race out as soon as the coppers show up, and since there would be so many cars bouncing out, they would only be able to catch a couple. Also from what I heard, you can get a ticket just for watching the races? That would suck. Was people mostly racing for fun or betting?
P_LOKO
P_LOKO
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  American Zombie Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:57 am

lol ahh the Ontario Races. Forgot all about that shit....Man thats ALL everyone would talk about when I was in high school. I think fast n furious movie was based on that..I was never into racing but alot of people I knew were adicted to going to those damn races, always had some crazy stories.
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next