Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eisenhower High School basketball coach Steve Johnson shot several times in San Bernardino

3 posters

Go down

Eisenhower High School basketball coach Steve Johnson shot several times in San Bernardino Empty Eisenhower High School basketball coach Steve Johnson shot several times in San Bernardino

Post  dstrm300 Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:50 pm

[quote]yal heard about thos yet? I cnt get the story the sun posted right now but the details are sketchy as of now. Shit is ridiculous this is the 1st coach to bring a state title in ball to the region niggaz burnt for that shit.
dstrm300
dstrm300
Made Member

Number of posts : 1201
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Back to top Go down

Eisenhower High School basketball coach Steve Johnson shot several times in San Bernardino Empty Re: Eisenhower High School basketball coach Steve Johnson shot several times in San Bernardino

Post  TumbleWeed Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:14 pm

http://www.pe.com/local-news/san-bernardino-county/san-bernardino-county-headlines-index/20130122-rialto-eisenhower-high-school-basketball-coach-shot.ece

The longtime basketball coach and athletic director at Eisenhower High School in Rialto is recuperating from gunshot wounds he says he suffered during a nighttime attempted robbery at a park in central San Bernardino.

Steve Johnson, 47, of Yucaipa, was listed in fair condition Tuesday afternoon, Jan. 22, at Loma Linda University Medical Center, hospital spokesman Herbert Atienza said.
The shooting happened at 7:45 p.m. Monday in a parking lot at Seccombe Lake Park in the 500 block of North Sierra Way, Johnson told police. Seccombe Lake is five blocks east of Carousel Mall in downtown San Bernardino, and eight blocks east of I-215.

Johnson said had been driving from the Cal State area in north San Bernardino to the south end of the city to buy gasoline when he decided to stop at the park to use a public restroom, Sgt. Gary Robertson said.
While still in the parking lot, three men tried to rob him of his wallet, Johnson told police. At least one of the robbers shot at him, hitting him several times, before the men fled without taking the wallet, he said.

Johnson drove about five blocks to San Bernardino police headquarters, where he reported the attack.
Police say they have no leads.

“There’s absolutely no known witnesses,” Robertson said. “The best he could do (in identifying the attackers) is three black males. That’s it. So we’re very limited in what we’ve got.”

Johnson, a championship-winning coach who is known for his intensity on the sidelines, began at Eisenhower in 1993, and is closing in on 400 wins.
He led the school to CIF Southern Section titles in 2003, 2009 and 2010. Eisenhower won the state Division 2 title -- the only San Bernardino County team to do so -- in 2009, helping Johnson earn the Press-Enterprise's High School Game Time coach of the year honors that year.
Eisenhower's game at Redlands on Tuesday night was still scheduled to be played.

Rialto Unified School District spokeswoman Syeda Jafri said the Eisenhower principal informed students of the shooting Tuesday morning.
“We are shocked and saddened by this horrific news. The outpouring of love and support from the Rialto community and the Inland Empire for this championship human being has been tremendously overwhelming,” Jafri said. “Steve Johnson's selflessness and unyielding dedication to the children of Rialto is matched by his kind spirit.
“On the court he's a fearless leader, but off the court he’s a gentle giant. Our hearts are with the Johnson family.”

From the comments section:

Heard about this on the news a bit ago. Found and read the article. I have LOTS of questions beginning with why the heck would he stop at that park to "use the restroom". He had been at Cal State...why not use the restroom there? or wait until he got to presumably Costco or Sam's to get fuel. If he was heading from CSUSB to the South End of town why was he not on the freeway as opposed to the streets of Downtown San Bernardino on ANY NIGHT of the week. Sounds a little fishy to me.

Sounds fishy is a good way to put it. LOL at "deciding" to stop at a random park for a restroom break and choosing Secombe of all places, and at NIGHT. If he managed to drive himself to the nearest Police station, as the report states, then that indicates that he's familiar with the area, which means he should be aware that Secombe Park is a real shady area, especially at night time.

This whole story sounds bogus as shit to me. No reasonably intelligent person would go to Secombe at that time just to "use" the bathroom, which I don't think are even open that late. Dude was trying to come up on some dope me thinks, something went wrong, and he got shot.

I'm sure this story will garner extra attention given the fact that the victim is an older white man from an affluent area and his assailants blacks from a poor area. And of course, this incident will be used as further fuel for the anti-gun propaganda mills.

"Innocent white man gets shot by blacks for using bathroom in seedy part of town"

Let the media race bating and gun owner vilification begin...

TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Number of posts : 7350
Registration date : 2008-01-19

https://iestreetlife.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Eisenhower High School basketball coach Steve Johnson shot several times in San Bernardino Empty Re: Eisenhower High School basketball coach Steve Johnson shot several times in San Bernardino

Post  canti1231 Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:10 am

drug deal gone wrong maybe
canti1231
canti1231
Soldier

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2011-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:46 pm

well said yaw. Common-sensical as a mutha

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down