Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recommendations similar To Morals and Dogma

2 posters

Go down

Recommendations similar To Morals and Dogma Empty Recommendations similar To Morals and Dogma

Post  Forum Gawd Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:10 am

I ordered the book on ebay, and would like to continue reading in this subject after I am finished since I am a quick reader with alot of time on my hands. What are other books in under the same subject ya'll would recommend?
Forum Gawd
Forum Gawd
Boss

Number of posts : 4842
Registration date : 2009-09-16

Back to top Go down

Recommendations similar To Morals and Dogma Empty Re: Recommendations similar To Morals and Dogma

Post  wolfman Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:36 pm

Day Ryda wrote:I ordered the book on ebay, and would like to continue reading in this subject after I am finished since I am a quick reader with alot of time on my hands. What are other books in under the same subject ya'll would recommend?

well i don't see it as completely on the same line of study, however, since most of the philosophy of this present world is related somehow to the theological thinking of western society, and since you're already a so-called jew convert to orthodox christianianity, it might interest you to read up on the Gnostics., you'll find that there's a lot of similarities to other teachings like rosicrucians, unitarianism, scientolgy, new age dogmas and moral thosophical debates., of course there is tons of books on the subject of Gnosticism, but a good start would be to read up on the early "Christian" Gnostics, those that were categorized as heretics by the Christian "orthodox., for it is out of that early battle between different understandings and interpretations of the faith, that we come to the present age of dogmas and values.
wolfman
wolfman
Captain

Number of posts : 1811
Registration date : 2009-12-13

http://13radicalriders14.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Recommendations similar To Morals and Dogma Empty Re: Recommendations similar To Morals and Dogma

Post  Forum Gawd Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:45 pm

wolfman wrote:
Day Ryda wrote:I ordered the book on ebay, and would like to continue reading in this subject after I am finished since I am a quick reader with alot of time on my hands. What are other books in under the same subject ya'll would recommend?

well i don't see it as completely on the same line of study, however, since most of the philosophy of this present world is related somehow to the theological thinking of western society, and since you're already a so-called jew convert to orthodox christianianity, it might interest you to read up on the Gnostics., you'll find that there's a lot of similarities to other teachings like rosicrucians, unitarianism, scientolgy, new age dogmas and moral thosophical debates., of course there is tons of books on the subject of Gnosticism, but a good start would be to read up on the early "Christian" Gnostics, those that were categorized as heretics by the Christian "orthodox., for it is out of that early battle between different understandings and interpretations of the faith, that we come to the present age of dogmas and values.

Ive actually looked into a couple gnostic writings such as The gospel of Truth, Gospel of Thomas, and the Gospel Judas. But I never knew that they were categorized as heretics since most of those writings date even more back then some of the writings in the New testament. I was actually considering on looking more into it, so this would also be very helpful with my studies. And lol at saying im a convert. I never practiced Judaism in my life. I was raised a Catholic, and decided that if I was going to repent and turn to one faith it would be Christianity.

By the way I was talking about more books laaning towards Masonry, but this is good to.
Forum Gawd
Forum Gawd
Boss

Number of posts : 4842
Registration date : 2009-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down