Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Decline of the Universal Church

2 posters

Go down

The Decline of the Universal Church Empty The Decline of the Universal Church

Post  wolfman Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:40 am

Why is the Catholic Church falling off? What is causing its demise? What's going on with it that not many are adhering to Catholicism in true faith, just simply in name. ??
wolfman
wolfman
Captain

Number of posts : 1811
Registration date : 2009-12-13

http://13radicalriders14.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

The Decline of the Universal Church Empty Re: The Decline of the Universal Church

Post  wolfman Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:07 am

tell u why i came up with this topic., i was watching a little bit of nat geo, and they had in there some new clip about secrets of the vatican., so they start it out with the pope resigning and being something like an unprecedented thing in like forever., it ain't supposed to happen, a pope throwing in the towel and going rollie pollie, but it happened., too much crazy hardcore shit going on in this cyco world we're living in these times., too much to handle even for someone like the so-called most highest., there used to be a time when just about every mexican you met was a catholic., it was universal., not so much anymore., being catholic just like everything else from the barrio, it's going by the wayside., catolicismo., another one of those "ism" from a century just past, but it seems like a long ago time-by., now me, considering some old school theology, i just can't hang in there with the new school universal church vision., watching on that program and having already heard about the vatican going out there trying to conform with this present age and trying to "fit in"., and not to mention so much of their old got it all wrong theology from centuries past, well, when i hear that the vatican has its own star watchers observatory, checking for signs of life out there in the infinite universe, looking out for e.t. in the many solar systems., while the whole time apology-sing saying that we just don't know whats out there in the vast universe., well then, as a bonafide old school theologian, i say, that the so-called universal church has completely lost its way, and they no longer believe what is the original tried and true "orthodoxy" ., i'd say that they have gone overboard, and jumped in with those same folks they attacked early on in Christianity., they have become those same with the ones they once called "heretics"
wolfman
wolfman
Captain

Back to top Go down

The Decline of the Universal Church Empty Re: The Decline of the Universal Church

Post  American Zombie Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:24 am

Yea Wolf, but I think that's part of their attempt to stay relevant in this day and age. They probably figure that if they stick to the old time orthodox, they will lose even greater influence and continue to lose followers. So they try to "get with the times" to try to appear to be open to scientific discoveries, just in case, discoveries are made, and they can say that these new discoveries had been anticipated and do not contradict their church doctrine.

I think what is happening to the Catholic church is just a matter of the times. I believe they have been losing their influence ever since the Protestant Reformation...Of course at a much slower rate till now. But there is really nothing to maintain their influence. With the free market of ideas, and vast amount of knowledge at people's finger tips, there is nothing to force people minds into one single church doctrine anymore. Simply put, they have too much competition now.
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Number of posts : 6128
Registration date : 2008-01-19

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/rothbard62.html

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfman Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:30 am

Freedom Propagandist wrote:Yea Wolf, but I think that's part of their attempt to stay relevant in this day and age. They probably figure that if they stick to the old time orthodox, they will lose even greater influence and continue to lose followers. So they try to "get with the times" to try to appear to be open to scientific discoveries, just in case, discoveries are made, and they can say that these new discoveries had been anticipated and do not contradict their church doctrine.

I think what is happening to the Catholic church is just a matter of the times. I believe they have been losing their influence ever since the Protestant Reformation...Of course at a much slower rate till now. But there is really nothing to maintain their influence. With the free market of ideas, and vast amount of knowledge at people's finger tips, there is nothing to force people minds into one single church doctrine anymore. Simply put, they have too much competition now.

nah holmes, i don't see it as having lost their edge with the start of the lutheran reformation., the lutheran reformation was one of the latest and greatests of an on-going struggle whitihin Christianity., so a struggle for sound doctrine was there from the get go., that's why they (Romanism) tried to squash everything else around them from the start., but they are hypocrites from the start ~> by never ever having stood fast with sound doctrine, and simply having decided on lining up and standing next to "state power" (Rome), and so now they're trying to stand with "scientific power" even tho' science has never been against creation nor God., so they start looking for little green men and try to "fit in" with the secular mind out there today., and i dare say, none, not you, not him, not her, not anyone, today, tomorrow, or even ever will meet up with any little green men from any galaxy., because if you did, then that would "refute" the old original "faith" ., and so, that right there, in the minds of so many who understand what true "orthodoxy" really is, then ufo's or men from mars just can't fit into the message of the Bible as is., and IMO the great catholic church has lost its way, and become as heretic as those who they claim to stand against
wolfman
wolfman
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down