Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feminist Control Freaks Want to Ban the Word "Bossy" - Michelle Obama Approved

2 posters

Go down

Feminist Control Freaks Want to Ban the Word "Bossy" - Michelle Obama Approved Empty Feminist Control Freaks Want to Ban the Word "Bossy" - Michelle Obama Approved

Post  TumbleWeed Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:50 pm

"Control freak feminists are trying to police language by banning the word "bossy". That's right, this is not a satire, this is an actual campaign being run by a group called lean-in.org, which seeks to ban the word bossy because they claim it discourages young girls from being assertive and ambitious, preventing them from becoming leaders. So instead of simply encouraging young girls to be ambitious, feminists want to BAN actual words thereby turning entire groups of people into sexists thought criminals for merely uttering the word "bossy."

Last edited by TumbleWeedBity on Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Number of posts : 7350
Registration date : 2008-01-19

https://iestreetlife.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Feminist Control Freaks Want to Ban the Word "Bossy" - Michelle Obama Approved Empty Re: Feminist Control Freaks Want to Ban the Word "Bossy" - Michelle Obama Approved

Post  TumbleWeed Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:51 pm

This shit is unreal and repulsive beyond all words.......and worst of all, it's real.

http://banbossy.com/

"When a little boy asserts himself, he's called a “leader.” Yet when a little girl does the same, she risks being branded “bossy.” 

putinface 

Last edited by TumbleWeedBity on Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Feminist Control Freaks Want to Ban the Word "Bossy" - Michelle Obama Approved Empty Re: Feminist Control Freaks Want to Ban the Word "Bossy" - Michelle Obama Approved

Post  TumbleWeed Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:52 pm

TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:58 pm

Can't say I condone these kinds of comment, but it sure made me LOL.

Feminist Control Freaks Want to Ban the Word "Bossy" - Michelle Obama Approved TroTHl

rofltroll
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  American Zombie Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:00 pm

Yea just a sign if the deterioration of American culture. Everybody thinks like a fucking child. Lol at the word bossy. Seems kind of out of left Field, isn't there so many worse words people use against women besides "bossy." I rarely ever even hear that. These people have lost their minds.
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Number of posts : 6128

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/rothbard62.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:03 am

Wow! There is actually a lot to be said about this. As the resident woman, I will share with all of you. 

First, I would like to address the calling of feminist "control freaks". Women working to together for equality, for ALL are not control freaks. It is laughable that the patriarchy, that that controls everything, is going to label a group attempting equalization as control freaks. 

Now, I do not agree with word banning because that doesn't make any sense. You cannot "ban" words. The focus is lost and the message is muddied. 

I have always been called bossy. It has very negative connotations for a girl. It is VERY negative, when as a little girl, you're told not to be or that you are being bossy. It is meant to "control" girl's behavior. And yes, boys are not told they are bossy if they do the exact same thing. It is used to tell little girls not to tell others what to do, like being a leader. It is not, or as this ad suggests, to tell them to equalize everyone in the group. The ad is focused to the mother figure, that is why it aired on the Lifetime Network originally. It is suppose to explain the damage that can happen to little girls that are told they are bossy, when in fact, they are just natural leaders. 

I did not care. I am a boss bitch and no one will make me feel bad about knowing what I want/need and being assertive. It just isn't crazy that this word has the negative connotations that it does have on little girls.

Back to top Go down

Post  American Zombie Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:38 am

Your experience as a female is more valuable than mine as a man on the issue if you remember that word being used a lot towards you.
But I have to say that it hard to convince me that this word is what people have made it out to be only based on my experience.
In my lifetime I have heard women and girls be called many, many  derogatory names but bossy isn't one of them. I just never heard that before , that doesn't mean it isn't used a lot, but it's just why I'd be skeptical.
On top of that, I do remember boys in my family being called that a lot. My nephew is known to be "bossy" by most of my extended family..."dang he's so bossy" .. 
None of this proves otherwise, just stating things from my own perspective and experiences.
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Number of posts : 6128

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/rothbard62.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:46 am

I tell my son that too sometimes. I correct myself though because I don't mean "bossy". When I say it to him I am telling him not to be demanding. 

I honestly feel that you are not supposed "get it". It is an ad aimed at the women in girls lives. The only male that told me that was my cousin. Poor kid had three female cousins just three years older then him. Yes, we bossed him around. It is meant for women to not direct that word at little girls for leading. 

For girls, leading and demanding is the same thing and it is all bossy.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down