Fontana Hang Outs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fontana Hang Outs

Post  Forum Gawd on Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:06 am

Seems like every hood here hood here only lasts a few years in a certain street before migrating to another block. Confuses the shit out of me, why is that?

Forum Gawd
Boss

Number of posts : 4793
Registration date : 2009-09-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Fontana Hang Outs

Post  American Zombie on Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:43 pm

People move away, get busted, cops crack down on certain spots, new people recruited in different areas...

American Zombie
Boss

Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2008-01-19

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/rothbard62.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Forum Gawd on Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:56 pm

Yeah but for example over in LA there are hoods that have been in a specific block for decades, and through gang injunctions they still manage to keep their presence there. Why is that difficult to accomplish here?

Forum Gawd
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  American Zombie on Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:18 pm

Could be because LA is more densely populated so it's easier to recruit from the same small area, that's been my best guess.

American Zombie
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Forum Gawd on Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:32 pm

The hoods manage to stay around but I guess you can label every Fontana hood as nomads lol.

Forum Gawd
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed on Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:42 pm

Fontana is being transformed into a "bedroom" community. The increase of middle-class housing tracts is raising property values and attracting people of higher income to the city. The older, less affluent areas are becoming smaller and the long time established gangs with them. 

Property developers will contact city officials about building projects or vice-versa, and if an agreement should occur, the housing builders receive permission by the municipality/county board to bulldoze the older neighborhoods and bring in new housing in these areas. The governing authorities can impose higher property taxes on those in the areas that remain.

This isn't quite happening in Fontana at the moment, at least not in most of the older sections, but it will eventually. The cities northern section, for example, has undergone mass-redevelopment forcing gang members in the area to leave or spread out . Fontana also has a very competent police department. There isn't a shortage of cops in that city and their policing efforts have been instrumental in significantly lowering crime over the past 10 - 15 years. 

Of course there's many more dynamics that come to play, but these are some of the major ones. Successful redevelopment plans, competent local government (who use sophistry to distort perceptions of the city) and heavy policing efforts have all served to curb crime, gang activity and turn the city around. Fontana gang activity will continue to dwindle.

TumbleWeed
Boss

Number of posts : 7337

http://iestreetlife.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Post  American Zombie on Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:02 am

But on the subject of hangout spots moving, I can see how densely populated areas could sustain enough recruitment in a small area, but when people are more spread out, then so are the gangs. There's certain parts of LA where people living on top of other people, like near downtown. 

On the other hand, there's plenty of LA hoods that have bounced around from spot to spot for decades, in fact, that's a signature of LA gangs, to find new handouts and make new clicks, claim new sides and streets, with many times the old hang outs no longer in existence. That's really certain hoods though, there's obviously many that haven't moved at all for decades, but even in some of those hoods I'd bet there's a certain streets that were once real active and aren't anymore with barely any activity at all.

American Zombie
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Forum Gawd on Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:58 am

CauseItsReal wrote:But on the subject of hangout spots moving, I can see how densely populated areas could sustain enough recruitment in a small area, but when people are more spread out, then so are the gangs. There's certain parts of LA where people living on top of other people, like near downtown. 

On the other hand, there's plenty of LA hoods that have bounced around from spot to spot for decades, in fact, that's a signature of LA gangs, to find new handouts and make new clicks, claim new sides and streets, with many times the old hang outs no longer in existence. That's really certain hoods though, there's obviously many that haven't moved at all for decades, but even in some of those hoods I'd bet there's a certain streets that were once real active and aren't anymore with barely any activity at all.
Well not necessarily for example HHS started on Douglas st back in the early 80s and is still there, and us considered its headquarters. The same for MS in rampart. Rockwood on 6th nd union. Rockwood for example is right next to a police station and is still running business as usual.

Forum Gawd
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  American Zombie on Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:11 am

That's a only a few hoods in the downtown area, which I had mentioned is one of the most densely populated areas.

They may claim west side but it's still basically the downtown area. Rockwood did not start on sixth and union, they started on rockwood st and aren't even there no more.

Clanton 14th st. Had clicks and handouts all over LA for a long time and lost 90% of what they had. the same is true for others to a lesser extent! not to mention all the hoods that don't even exist no more. I'm not dissing them because there's many different reasons as to why it happens.

American Zombie
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Confidential on Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:38 pm

Yea u right for example all the la hoods that come down stay for couple years like dsw,lk,looney s,kam,nd mcp nd vista turned from la to ie nd HHS tere out but barely but also foos grow up nd have kids or smash keeps everyone in.

Confidential
Wannabe

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2014-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Forum Gawd on Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:29 pm

Confidential wrote:Yea u right for example all the la hoods that come down stay for couple years like dsw,lk,looney s,kam,nd mcp nd vista turned from la to ie nd HHS tere out but barely but also foos grow up nd have kids or smash keeps everyone in.
Fuck you mean by barely? We been Here longer than most of the hoods in Fontana do your history! Debe been Here since 89 and are still the hood with a gang injunction.

Forum Gawd
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Confidential on Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:44 am

Hey can yu answer my question bout HHS banging ie but scared of der big homies checking em so they claim la?just a question?

Confidential
Wannabe

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2014-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Forum Gawd on Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:34 am

Confidential wrote:Hey can yu answer my question bout HHS banging ie but scared of der big homies checking em so they claim  la?just a question?
Nobody claims IE because of the simple fact that even after all these years in Fontana (25) we still beef with every fully established fonts hood. We don't claim this city because of that. Banging IE is out of the question, but some older heads rep south ridge. I personally claim Fontana, but I don't rep IE at all. The hood comes first fuck cities.Our ties to our LA homies in west LA are still strong and we all try to drY on the same page! But as of now there is only one homies that's banging IE and he's a lifer.

Forum Gawd
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  SFxSTONER on Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:32 am

'89? Don't remember any beef until summer of 1990. Maybe earlier it was with Loadiez? They kicked it at Oak Park.

SFxSTONER
Soldier

Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Forum Gawd on Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:40 am

Parkview was the original Fontana hang out, and still somewhat is our hang out. You just don't see everyone out and about on the street because it's not as easy as people think to do that in Fontana.

Forum Gawd
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  CaliforniaRepublic on Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:50 pm

Grass Fed Lamb wrote:Seems like every hood here hood here only lasts a few years in a certain street before migrating to another block. Confuses the shit out of me, why is that?

Aside from the population in one particular area being low, a lot of gang members out here nowadays are just "spectators" in reality. Just hanging around being apart of things but not really bringing in money or recruiting for stability and longevity of the gang. Most of these new gangs have no real roots to the area or streets they begin to claim. Just randomized groupings with no real purpose but to be seen, heard, and large in size. So when things get hot for the gang, it's very easy to fall apart with no real stability or leadership, or direction and focus. Not to mention that most of these gangs start out as tagging crews, cliques, etc.. so they were never really "turf" minded from the jump. Or tough. Which also means that they recruited punks and snitches and people who had no real heart or courage or fighting skills proven prior to joining. 

Check this out... 30 guys and you MIGHT have 10 riders. 2 of those riders get killed, 3 get locked up, 2 get chased off, and now what do you have after they made enough noise to keep the cops around the neighborhood? The rest of the riders laying low and the rest of the gang not doing nothing but tagging and talking shit online trying to keep the "gang" relevant. Reality starts to set in, now you got people moving away, growing apart, left for military, starting families, getting jobs, etc... equals no more gang. A few years later, new group (younger siblings, newer people moving in,etc..) and the same cycle repeats.

New gangs spend so much time trying to introduce themselves, that they fail to build stability in where they roam. They should learn to fight more and shoot and jump and attack less often so they'll gain less attention, but will gain strength from word of mouth through presence. But if smart thinking was the way of most youngsters, gangs probably wouldn't exist, so i guess that's an oxymoron.

CaliforniaRepublic
Captain

Number of posts : 1763
Registration date : 2008-02-04

http://iestreetlife.aforumfree.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  CaliforniaRepublic on Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:18 pm

^^^ allow me to reiterate my statement....

As far as moving to other blocks, and migrating, it's just a matter of who got the cool kick it spot house or apartment complex (especially if you don't have a park in your hood). Some people parents don't care if you kick it at their spot, some don't pay enough attention to know their kids are in a gang, and some ain't trying to have a bunch of gang members hanging around they residence. And some people simply move. So things change from time to time. Plus with raided spots and cops clocking, not smart to stay at some places too long. We kicked it all over the place in my hood. Parks, alleys, people house, they apartment, in a parking lot, etc... it depends sometimes on who you're cool with too. I strapped up for all my comrades in my hood but i had my chosen few homies within my gang that i always looked for when i left my spot, to go kick it with. That's also another way in how sub-cliques (a group within a group) are formed but that's another topic.

CaliforniaRepublic
Captain

Number of posts : 1763
Registration date : 2008-02-04

http://iestreetlife.aforumfree.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:50 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top