Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Early 1990'a Party Crews

+5
js
P_LOKO
Mothra
SFxSTONER
SURCALMEX
9 posters

Go down

Early 1990'a Party Crews Empty Early 1990'a Party Crews

Post  SURCALMEX Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:14 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
SURCALMEX
SURCALMEX
Captain

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

Early 1990'a Party Crews Empty Re: Early 1990'a Party Crews

Post  SFxSTONER Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:49 am

Some of those chicks were fine. They had some lame styles back then though. Painting Bugs Bunny on your pants and shit.
SFxSTONER
SFxSTONER
Soldier

Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post  SURCALMEX Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:32 pm

SFxSTONER wrote:Some of those chicks were fine. They had some lame styles back then though. Painting Bugs Bunny on your pants and shit.

I noticed that alot of party crew members back then would kind of dress up like greasers with the slick back pompadard and the plaid button ups with a pocket chain didn't they call that style Rebel?
Hey SFxStoner where you ever into that?
SURCALMEX
SURCALMEX
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  SFxSTONER Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:41 pm

SURCALMEX wrote:Hey SFxStoner where you ever into that?

Fuck no.
SFxSTONER
SFxSTONER
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  SURCALMEX Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:04 pm

Oh OK your into Punk Rock?
SURCALMEX
SURCALMEX
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  SFxSTONER Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:32 pm

Sorry, wasn't trying to be a dick. I listen to punk, metal, rap, hip hop, jazz, whatever. Anything except country.

They reminded me of modern day hippies; getting fucked up on drugs and dancing to lame music.
SFxSTONER
SFxSTONER
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  SURCALMEX Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:12 pm

SFxSTONER wrote:Sorry, wasn't trying to be a dick. I listen to punk, metal, rap, hip hop, jazz, whatever. Anything except country.

They reminded me of modern day hippies; getting fucked up on drugs and dancing to lame music.

Yeah all that lame new shit on the radio is wack I mostly listen to underground rap old school music and even paisa music LOL
SURCALMEX
SURCALMEX
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  SFxSTONER Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:20 pm

SURCALMEX wrote:Yeah all that lame new shit on the radio is wack I mostly listen to underground rap old school music and even paisa music LOL

You ever listen to Guru's Jazzmatazz?
SFxSTONER
SFxSTONER
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  SURCALMEX Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:14 pm

SFxSTONER wrote:
SURCALMEX wrote:Yeah all that lame new shit on the radio is wack I mostly listen to underground rap old school music and even paisa music LOL

You ever listen to Guru's Jazzmatazz?

no man i never listened to that ill take a look to see how it is
SURCALMEX
SURCALMEX
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Mothra Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:33 pm

Whoa Rebels I forgot all about those.
There were a bunch of em all over Chaffey in the early 90s.
I cant remember what the fuck their party crew was called but a couple of ex-YGW guys, the OG REKER/LINER and CANE/HYE had one.
We used to laugh at those parties though.
Fuck it we went out to the raves and got fucked up instead..

Anybody remember Grape Ape 1/2/3???

Mothra
Associate

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post  SURCALMEX Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:57 pm

Mothra wrote:Whoa Rebels I forgot all about those.
I cant remember what the fuck their party crew was called but a couple of ex-YGW guys, the OG REKER/LINER and CANE/HYE had one.

Raves? Gotta what out for them needles does places are filled with people with HIV sticking their needles when peeps are not looking
SURCALMEX
SURCALMEX
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  P_LOKO Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:23 am

SURCALMEX wrote:

Raves? Gotta what out for them needles does places are filled with people with HIV sticking their needles when peeps are not looking

For years, I use to "do my thing" at the Masterdome on G street San Bernardino EVERY Friday and Saturday from night time till the early morning...and never came across anybody fucking with any needles. If it wasn't Ecstacy (which just about EVERYONE was on), it was Acid or Special K. People tweek/smoke weed and maybe shoot up in their cars before they get in, but once inside, E, Acid and K is just about the only drugs you will come across inside. I remember the hardcore fryer's will put the drops of acid directly into their eyeballs...goes straight to the brain.
P_LOKO
P_LOKO
Boss

Number of posts : 3824
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post  SURCALMEX Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:32 pm

Paid_In_Full wrote:
SURCALMEX wrote:

For years, I use to "do my thing" at the Masterdome on G street San Bernardino EVERY Friday and Saturday from night time till the early morning...and never came across anybody fucking with any needles. If it wasn't Ecstacy (which just about EVERYONE was on), it was Acid or Special K. People tweek/smoke weed and maybe shoot up in their cars before they get in, but once inside, E, Acid and K is just about the only drugs you will come across inside. I remember the hardcore fryer's will put the drops of acid directly into their eyeballs...goes straight to the brain.

Damn i would never fuck with no acid puro kush.
SURCALMEX
SURCALMEX
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  SURCALMEX Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:33 pm

So where raves more famous back in the 90's than now?
SURCALMEX
SURCALMEX
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Mothra Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:29 pm

I dont know if they were more famous but they were a hell of a lot more fun.
Back when they were actually underground and you used to get a flyer with a number you would call the night of the party for directions hehe.
Only to show up at some dark ass warehouse someone broke into hoping the party wouldnt get broken up in the first couple of hours.

I dont think back then you had to worry about some fools sticking people with needles and shit it was a totally different atmosphere back in the early 90s. Thats when all the everybody used to wear the huge ass baggy pants and the 26 Red and Fresh Jive gear.
Everybody just went to party and get fucked up.. Towards the middle of the 90s though people started showing up just to cause trouble.
Thats about when everybody and their mother jumped on the graffiti train too cause alot of the flyers were done up with old school wild style and shit.

Grape Ape 3 was the last big one I remember going to. I think it was 1993, and it was at Raging Waters. Thing didnt run for more than a couple of hours before a riot started and people started getting the heads beat in by the cops.
Grape Ape 1 and 2 though, those were the shit. GA2 had the whole rave area, there were skate ramps and pros were doing demos, there was a couple of graffiti areas (CBS from LA did all the flyers and they were doing graffiti demos), everybody was just kicking it and having a good time. There was Nocturnal that got thrown in San Diego every year too, same deal. Fucking thing was huge until it hit the mainstream and it got ruined.

After that it seemed like it was just local parties and shit the dj crews would throw and of course somebody always showed up just looking to go fuck with people.

Mothra
Associate

Back to top Go down

Post  SURCALMEX Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:10 pm

Mothra wrote:I dont know if they were more famous but they were a hell of a lot more fun.
Back when they were actually underground and you used to get a flyer with a number you would call the night of the party for directions hehe.
Only to show up at some dark ass warehouse someone broke into hoping the party wouldnt get broken up in the first couple of hours.

I dont think back then you had to worry about some fools sticking people with needles and shit it was a totally different atmosphere back in the early 90s. Thats when all the everybody used to wear the huge ass baggy pants and the 26 Red and Fresh Jive gear.
Everybody just went to party and get fucked up.. Towards the middle of the 90s though people started showing up just to cause trouble.
Thats about when everybody and their mother jumped on the graffiti train too cause alot of the flyers were done up with old school wild style and shit.

Grape Ape 3 was the last big one I remember going to. I think it was 1993, and it was at Raging Waters. Thing didnt run for more than a couple of hours before a riot started and people started getting the heads beat in by the cops.
Grape Ape 1 and 2 though, those were the shit. GA2 had the whole rave area, there were skate ramps and pros were doing demos, there was a couple of graffiti areas (CBS from LA did all the flyers and they were doing graffiti demos), everybody was just kicking it and having a good time. There was Nocturnal that got thrown in San Diego every year too, same deal. Fucking thing was huge until it hit the mainstream and it got ruined.

After that it seemed like it was just local parties and shit the dj crews would throw and of course somebody always showed up just looking to go fuck with people.

Man mainstream always kills every good thing like Hip Hop just to name one
SURCALMEX
SURCALMEX
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  SURCALMEX Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:10 pm

I hear their huge in Europe
SURCALMEX
SURCALMEX
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Mothra Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:46 pm

SURCALMEX wrote:
Man mainstream always kills every good thing like Hip Hop just to name one

Thats why I still got all my Public Enemy, Run DMC, LL Cool J, and Tribe Called Quest rekkids!

Mothra
Associate

Back to top Go down

Post  js Sun May 26, 2013 2:33 pm

everything was better back then, the music, the people, the scene, !!!! i googled "los angeles 1990's party flyer" and came across this and thought i'd join. What a Face
js
js
Wannabe

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2013-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post  American Zombie Sun May 26, 2013 2:46 pm

js wrote: everything was better back then, the music, the people, the scene, !!!! i googled "los angeles 1990's party flyer" and came across this and thought i'd join. What a Face

Welcome to the forum .
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Number of posts : 6128
Registration date : 2008-01-19

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/rothbard62.html

Back to top Go down

Post  js Sun May 26, 2013 2:55 pm

thanks! i dont gang bang and i come in peace!
js
js
Wannabe

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2013-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Sun May 26, 2013 3:04 pm

js wrote: everything was better back then, the music, the people, the scene, !!!! i googled "los angeles 1990's party flyer" and came across this and thought i'd join. What a Face

Welcome.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Number of posts : 7350
Registration date : 2008-01-19

https://iestreetlife.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Early 1990'a Party Crews Empty L.A PARTY CREWS

Post  temo3000 Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:09 am

Sup my peeps in case you are interested there is a Facebook page about L.A PARTY CREWS there you will find tons of old school flyers , music and dj's from back in the day , see the link below

w w w . facebook.com/groups/137313779615755/

Also here is a youtube channel with all the good old techno and house songs from our era

w w w . youtube.com/user/DeejaayMrEd

Just add the w's and dot togheter for some reason it would not let me post links on here

temo3000

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfman Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:52 pm

SUR'CAL'MEX wrote: I remember the hardcore fryer's will put the drops of acid directly into their eyeballs...goes straight to the brain.

here here., that was me all the time., he he he he  pirat
wolfman
wolfman
Captain

Number of posts : 1811
Registration date : 2009-12-13

http://13radicalriders14.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down