Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eastside Verdugo Gang

+7
Drop Out
CaliforniaRepublic
W.Devil
TumbleWeed
P_LOKO
American Zombie
Ty
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Eastside Verdugo Gang - Page 3 Empty Re: Eastside Verdugo Gang

Post  P_LOKO Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:07 am

Hu3r0 wrote:lol paid is scowering google maps looking for hit ups

LOL, it's a sign of the times homie. Gas prices and the fucked up economy got me resorting to this now haha.
P_LOKO
P_LOKO
Boss

Number of posts : 3824
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

Eastside Verdugo Gang - Page 3 Empty ESV

Post  treasurechest Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:49 am

ESV is as old as WSV but are two seperate gangs. Depending on who you talk to, ESV has 4 sets: Waterman Gardens, Valley Gang, Dwight or Dwight Way Gang and Meadow Brook. Recently other sets pop up like King Street. The original set was Waterman Gardens, but some will say the first was Valley Gang. They are active but their big homies are locked up so that leaves the youngsters running around. You don't see any active WG's anymore. Valley Gang has a lot of youngsters and is still recruiting. There are a lot of DWG hit ups towards the city of Highland along baseline but other than that you don't see or hear about them putting in work. MBR is getting bigger and bigger. Someone had put that MBR has hit ups everywhere and they are right. Lately, you will see MBR along with FHN or FNH, I don't know what they're about. To my knowledge, ESV was not involved in the Dead Presidents case and the last shooting that ESV was caught on was the shooting of two guys by the Meadowbrooks by some ESV kid.

treasurechest
Soldier

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2009-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post  P_LOKO Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:56 am

treasurechest wrote:ESV is as old as WSV but are two seperate gangs. Depending on who you talk to, ESV has 4 sets: Waterman Gardens, Valley Gang, Dwight or Dwight Way Gang and Meadow Brook. Recently other sets pop up like King Street. The original set was Waterman Gardens, but some will say the first was Valley Gang. They are active but their big homies are locked up so that leaves the youngsters running around. You don't see any active WG's anymore. Valley Gang has a lot of youngsters and is still recruiting. There are a lot of DWG hit ups towards the city of Highland along baseline but other than that you don't see or hear about them putting in work. MBR is getting bigger and bigger. Someone had put that MBR has hit ups everywhere and they are right. Lately, you will see MBR along with FHN or FNH, I don't know what they're about. To my knowledge, ESV was not involved in the Dead Presidents case and the last shooting that ESV was caught on was the shooting of two guys by the Meadowbrooks by some ESV kid.

That's crazy, I've always thought that Meadowbrook was the oldest, but someone else on here also mentioned that Waterman Gardens was the oldest. Good info homie. Do you know where the original hood of "Valley Gang" is? Is Valley st in the Meadowbrook area? Or is Valley Way in South East San Bernardino? Because that's the area where I see MOST of their hit ups.
P_LOKO
P_LOKO
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  treasurechest Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:21 am

The original Valley Gang spot was in the southeast area between waterman and tippecanoe. It extented from valley down to san bernardino.

treasurechest
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  P_LOKO Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:31 am

treasurechest wrote:The original Valley Gang spot was in the southeast area between waterman and tippecanoe. It extented from valley down to san bernardino.

Yeah, that's the really runned down neighborhood off of Valley View. I guess back in the day they called that area "The Valley". To me, this is one of the most runned down spots in the Dino...and also where I see most of their hit ups.
P_LOKO
P_LOKO
Boss

Back to top Go down

Eastside Verdugo Gang - Page 3 Empty Early San Bernardino

Post  Ty Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:18 am

NYTE RYDA wrote:I think we can all rest assure that Mt vernon was the very first varrio in the city going back to the Wolrd War days, with roots beyond that. The Eastside always had there things going but as far as being established as a varrio with notoriety in the city it was Mt vernon. The Meadow Brook apartment buildings were built in the 70's at most, although I must say the area might have always been called MB even before that like you said. That area of the Eastside has also always been known as the Valley.

Actually the Flats pre-date WSV, the area that is now WSV was a predominately Italian neighborhood with the largest part of the neighborhood displaced when they built the Santa Fe shops. Those houses on the southside of 5th street between Mt. Vernon and L Street are the remnants from the era. Most of them were torn down along Kingman and 4th when the shops went up. The Meadowbrook's weren't built until much later. The Waterman Gardens didn't have gang activity untill after PPHG started, that was built for military families on the east just like the projects were on the west. When I was in Jr. high you still had mid to lower income families living there with no gang activity present. Most of the ese's lived down around 2nd street going south into Colton east of Bunker Hill and began migrating up along the Mt. Vernon corridor in the 20s and early 30s. Blacks lived along Allen street, Kingman in little shacks going back to Waterman Avenue which was the far-eastern reaches of the city until the air field was built. I have a picture of my uncle from the mid 50s dressed in the club gear from that era they called themselves the Kingsmen after Kingman street obviously. Nothing special just a white T, Levi's with a 1 inch cuff with some white dress shoes he called them Pat Boones. I'll scan it and put it up.

I also have some photos of the early MVR clubs from an old school Raider homie. What you know about the WS Raiders? Meadowbrook Rifa in the 40s or 50s I never heard of them though.

Ty
Soldier

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Eastside Verdugo Gang - Page 3 Empty First off, the Waterman gardens thing is very new. MBR is the oldest spanish gang in San Bernardino. It came from the 30's. They were known as ESV but in the area called MeadowBrooks is where they started. ESV is a click off of MBR. The MBR or Meadow Broo

Post  RIALTO RIDER Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:01 pm

WATERMAN GARDENS USED 2 B A MEXICAN GANGTHEY RAN THE APTS THEN THEY ALL GOT KICKED OUT THE APTS ARE LOCKED UP AND THATS WHEN THE BLACKS STARTED RUNNING IT

RIALTO RIDER
Associate

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  treasurechest Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:06 pm

Ryder was saying MVR is the first varrio on the westside. That whole thing kicked off with the counts car club during the 50's and 60's. They eventually became the Royal Counts and the youngsters became the Lil Counts followed by 7th st. Manor Boys, SCO and MVR al under the WSV umbrella. Someone else was talk'n about the Flats. Flats started of as the Marijuanos and started absorbing some of the smaller gangs like the Lil Locos around Lytle creek park and became the Flats. Flats came around because of 7th st. start'n to bang on them.

treasurechest
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  SURCALMEX Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:10 pm

I have seen a good amount of WXG youngsters myspace profiles that I have runned into I wonder if WXG is making a comeback
SURCALMEX
SURCALMEX
Captain

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post  treasurechest Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:24 pm

I've met one WG guy and he was mexican, almost 60 years ole and still had all his ole tats. He saw Meadowbrook as the youngsters and recalled WG and Valley as the original gangs under ESV. Back in the day there were blacks and mexicans in Waterman Gardens, but WG's were strictly mexican. He got put on in 1975.

treasurechest
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3