Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The fake govt shutdown, Obama care, and the debt ceiling debate....

2 posters

Go down

The fake govt shutdown, Obama care, and the debt ceiling debate.... Empty The fake govt shutdown, Obama care, and the debt ceiling debate....

Post  American Zombie Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:07 pm

snooppalm barf headslam
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Number of posts : 6128
Registration date : 2008-01-19

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/rothbard62.html

Back to top Go down

The fake govt shutdown, Obama care, and the debt ceiling debate.... Empty Re: The fake govt shutdown, Obama care, and the debt ceiling debate....

Post  American Zombie Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:09 pm

The moral thing for the US government to do is to have an honest default on the debt. Defaulting on the debt would stick it to all the "bad guys" and the dupes, the people that let the US government borrow money and expect to get paid back in full with dollars that are worth the same as when they first lent out the money.

The unneeded sectors of the economy would collapse, the government would have to cut back on its spending and the much needed parts of the economy would then have a chance to finally grow.

So yeah, morally speaking, the mainstream conventional wisdom out right now is totally wrong. Paying the interest on the debt puts millions of working tax slaves on the hook to pay back all the countries and banks that lend to the US government( people that the average person never personally agreed to pay or borrow from). Morally, the people don't owe them shit.

Beyond all that, the threat of default was bogus to begin with. The interest payments to current bond holders is a small part of the overall budget right now due to low interest rates. They could easily not raise the debt ceiling and still pay the interest payments, but the Washington Regime would rather threaten to default on the payments rather than make a few cuts elsewhere OR even sell government assets which would easily generate enough money to pay the payments and avoid a default. The entire thing is a joke and a propaganda campaign, just like the phony government "shutdown."

And just to make the whole thing that much more absurd, the government is defaulting right now as we speak and has defaulted even worse in the past.

Every time the central bank creates new money to help pay the debt and lower interest rates, it is an admission that they cannot honestly pay the money back without counterfeiting new money.

In 1971 when Nixon closed the gold window, it was probably the worlds biggest default ever. That was the US government saying to the world: We promised to pay our creditors back in real money (Gold) but we can't keep our promises so we will now pay you back in counterfeit fiat paper money that we can run off a printing press anytime we want.

So the idea that the US always pays its creditors and never defaulted on its debt is pure bullshit.

American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Back to top Go down

The fake govt shutdown, Obama care, and the debt ceiling debate.... Empty Re: The fake govt shutdown, Obama care, and the debt ceiling debate....

Post  wolfman Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:07 am

i don't know shit about "economics," and especially modern day economics, all i know is that the lowest man on the totem pole ain't never gonna get a fair deal, period!

we're always gonna have people at the top, middle and bottom, that's just the way it'll always be, so i don't trip on it

i think what scares most people that open their eyes, is the fact that they can't do a damn thing about it., they can't change a damn thing., not even if they're at the top of the food chain

lets say a big top shot caller in the world banking system or whatever secret society member you want to pick as an example., lets say that that dude or dudette developed a conscious and decided to do something right. Do you think that the rest of the pack would let that lone wolf change things? HELL NO! Right!?

So me personally, i don't even trip on that. yeah it bothers me that that kind of swindling and doping keeps going on, and people keep dormant, but i can't do anything about it, so i just got and try to make the best choices that i can with the things that are still available to me to try and control., finances or life style choices per say.

here's the thing though, i don't see most americans knowing how to cope with living in poverty, and not that i want nor prefer for most of us to live in poverty, but somehow i think that learning how to live without the amenities, IMO, can do people a lot of good, and people would learn how to appreciate the things in life a whole lot better. Learning to live "within limits" and reasonable expectations according to your down-to-earth taste or true work efforts is something few know really how to do or accept.
wolfman
wolfman
Captain

Number of posts : 1811
Registration date : 2009-12-13

http://13radicalriders14.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  American Zombie Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:32 pm

There's no such thing as modern day economics. Economics is economics, and economics today is the same as economics of 2,000 years ago and any other year when humans were around. However, there are different era's in history, especially in the last 200 years where different schools of thought on the subject had more power and influence. Real economics isn't taught in schools. and why would it be? Only a boring mainstream version is taught, and it just so happens to be so boring that most people don't care to get interested in the subject at all, and the few that do are taught nonsense that so happens to teach a bunch of bogus concepts that just so happen to benefit the state, the political elite and helps to keep the masses dependent on the state. Why would our rulers teach us something that would free us and make us independent and strong? They want us to have child-like minds, getting exciting and participating in every election cycle, choosing sides, being partisan, begging for scraps, staying dependent on them, believing in the magic of democracy that some special politician is going to save us from our problems and make everything better or protect us from boogiemen. They don't want mature critical thinking adults that can see past the lies and manipulation.

As for doing something about it, I think we can but it isn't going to be easy. There needs to be enough people willing to give up on this superstitious belief in statism, in politicians, in democracy and we need to stop consenting to their rule. And only then can we make meaningful changes. And I don't think this is a far out pie in the sky idea that is an impossibility. That time will likely come, no matter how grim things seem today. Just think of how many people's attitudes have changed since 2001 and 2002 since 9/11. A lot of has changed in 10 years, now imagine 20 or 30 more years what will be the prevailing attitude in the information age?
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down