Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Graff crews from the 90s

+12
DJ Bzerk
OldBlue
.02 cents
TM.BESEK.ONER
CRNAvtec909
Hazzard909
Mothra
deekee420
CaliforniaRepublic
D-Dogg
ieprince
American Zombie
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Graff crews from the 90s Empty Graff crews from the 90s

Post  American Zombie Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:57 pm

What crews from the 90s and earlier are still getting up? It always trips me out to see crews still getting up, crews that I remember seeing in the mid 90s. I guess its expected for gangs to keep on recruiting and staying alive through generations, but not so much expected for crews. Yet, many of them seem to still be around.

Lately Ive been seeing

RUH
CSE
CFK
DCR
DHS
DOC

These crews used to write together and created UC-United Crews in the 90's. I don't see any UC hit ups anymore, but some of them still write together like DHS and DCR.
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Number of posts : 6128
Registration date : 2008-01-19

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/rothbard62.html

Back to top Go down

Graff crews from the 90s Empty Re: Graff crews from the 90s

Post  ieprince Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:22 pm

D2D ch8 every once in a while
CSU i think theyre 90's

ieprince
Soldier

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post  D-Dogg Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:22 pm

"These crews used to write together and created UC-United Crews in the 90's."

No disrespect Cray, but this statement is not true. UC was, and still is, as it still exists, it's own crew. UC is in no way an umbrella crew for any federation of crews.
In the early 90's, (maybe even late 80's?), there was a crew called UFD United For Destruction. They had members all over the IE, but most of their members were based out of Redlands, Fontana, Bloomington, Colton. Most of the core heads lived north of the 10, west of the 215. There were the core members, who were real writers dedicated to the craft of graffiti art, maybe 10 -15 heads, and then there were dozens of other members who were general taggers who just wanted to destroy and mostly don't write anymore. By 1992 and 1993 UFD was one of the major forces in IE graff. Another crew that was a huge force was PI Pure Insanity. PI also had heads all over the IE, but were based mainly in San Bernardino and Colton. Just like UFD, PI had a core of dedicated artists, and then lots of taggers. In 1993 these two crews battled. It was a two-part battle, a "one-wall" piecing battle, and a street bombing battle. The piecing battle took place on a wall near the Orange Show in San Bernardino. The battle was covered by the IE's first ever graffiti magazine, called "Hot Spots" put together by some of the old heads from DBI. The magazine has photos of dozens of writers posing in front of the wall while they paint it. (I can post pictures if you want).
The bombing battle took place, and I might be mistaken on this, up n down Valley blvd. and Baseline st. When the battle was over, the judges (a 3rd party crew) said that PI won. Many members of UFD would contest this decision, since they claim that PI was helped on the bombing part of the battle by a crew that they were affiliated with called MB (now MBx3). Basically, they claim the MB's went out hitting up PI during the street battle, dramatically adding to the amount of ups PI got.
The pre-agreement for the battle was that whichever crew lost had to drop their crew name. UFD respected the rules of the battle and dropped the name UFD. The core dedicated members, maybe 10 people or so, later started a new crew simply called "U crew", a nod to the former Ufd title. They hit it up like a happy face, like a U with long flared out eyes, like a side ways version of this symbol =). The U crew eventually evolved into being called "United" crew, a reference to "United" For Destruction. Then U crew started hitting up different words for the "U", such as Urb Crew (urban), and later the crew came to be known simply as UC.
UC later destroyed the IE. They are regarded as one of the first IE crews to focus more on doing fill-ins and large bombs, rather than just being a tagger crew. They really did alot of work all over the IE and into LA in the mid to late 90's. They basically raised the bar of the graff game in the IE. The most recognized lineup for those years went something like this: Prom Jones Deap Chek Skul Duck Bam(WEC) Demo Keso(YGW,RUH) Sol XS Debt Feevo(DOC) Ray.
DHS and DCR were their own newer crews that started getting up around 1998. In 1999 UC recruited about 5 youngsters who wrote for DHS and DCR. So in that sense, their is a small handful of guys with dual membership in DHS/DCR and UC now, but they didn't become part of UC until the last year of the 90's. Although none of that had anything to do with the formation of UC or the name UC. All of those connections were made well after UC had established itself as its own entity for a very long time. There was one guy who was from DOC and was one of the original members of UC and there was another guy who was from YGW n RUH and helped start UC. In San Bernardino RUH used to be clicked up with CFK, there was people who were in both of those crews at the same time. And CFK was clicked up with CSE, they were both based in the West Side of San Bernardino. That's about the only connections I can make between UC and some of the other crews that were listed. But to say that all of these crews came together to start "United Crews" is not accurate. There might be 4 or 5 degrees of separation, but that's not one crew.

Like I said, no disrespect, just trying to get the story straight.

D-Dogg

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post  American Zombie Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:37 pm

No disrespect taken. I really appreciate you clearing it all up. That's the purpose of the forum, to get facts straight. The only reason I said that about UC was because That's how Feevo from DOC put it a while back in some interview(but then again, I have a bad memory sometimes so I might have remembered it wrong). But I was young back then when UC and the rest were tearing it up, so I was just someone looking at it from the outside looking in. As a kid, seeing all these hits up by UC, CSE, CFK , DCR, DHS, DOC,RUH and more...it really influenced me to get into graffiti when I got older...The graffiti scene now just doesn't seem the same anymore compared to the 90s.
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  D-Dogg Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:53 pm

The scene has changed alot. Mostly because of crackdowns by the Graffiti Task Force. San Bernardino county and Riverside county are notoriously hard on graffiti charges nowdays. Orange county and San Diego county also. Basically if you get caught, your gonna do some time.

D-Dogg

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post  American Zombie Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:57 pm

Yeah its not worth it.
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  CaliforniaRepublic Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:58 pm

The 90s was the last era of the real writers, bangers, musicians, everything.... everything is weird and watered down now. But thats life. Ever-changing. Aint not telling whats next. lol.
CaliforniaRepublic
CaliforniaRepublic
Captain

Number of posts : 1763
Registration date : 2008-02-04

https://iestreetlife.aforumfree.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  deekee420 Sun May 01, 2011 3:46 am

deekee420
deekee420
Wannabe

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2010-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Mothra Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:00 am

Jae wrote:The 90s was the last era of the real writers, bangers, musicians, everything.... everything is weird and watered down now. But thats life. Ever-changing. Aint not telling whats next. lol.

I can still remember when writing all changed and went bad. I think somewhere I still have the Daily Report (or maybe by then it was The Daily Bulletin) where the front page of the paper was one of the heavens on the 10 near Upland (the Euclid off ramp one) with big pink TDK throwups on it when the whole big beef between YGW/OCP/TDK/TWK started. Like 91 or 92 maybe? Before that graffiti was just graffiti. After that shit became serious and everyone started cracking down just like D-Dogg said.. Felony charges, your parents having to pay for your fines by law, etc. Then guns happened and taggers were just gangsters wearing raver clothes, which eventually everyone traded in for Dickies/Ben Davis pants and white shirts. The whole art aspect of it went right out the window and it was all about who was the biggest badass around whether he could write or not.

D-Dogg if youre still around.. Wasnt MB somehow affiliated with TDK or were they just another Fontana crew?? Think they started around 92/93?? Always had respect for those guys cause their styles were really down.

Mothra
Associate

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post  American Zombie Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:51 am

I lived in the area where MB members lived. MB or MBK. They became Locos 13 MB. Funny thing is, I never put two and two together when I was young. I remembered MB but didn't realize Locos 13 was MBK as a gang.
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Hazzard909 Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:19 pm

CFK must still be up cause i see there taggings in the westside of sb all the time

Hazzard909
Soldier

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2009-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post  American Zombie Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:39 am

yeah they still get up a lot.
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  CRNAvtec909 Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:15 am

yeh the good old 90's....... got cousins from DBI and BAC..... used to be a writer my self... the gtf really cracked down hard as f.... a lot of writers now do tats, art and etc nowadays....... art is still here but on a different level......
bac then battles were fun but then the crews started to gangbang and started lots of conflicts... to me gangs and graffiti are 2 different worlds, i mean graffiti as in bombing, piecing and etc...
i respect both of them dont get me wrong... but i remember the debate still lives on.... whats better a bomber or a piecer? i guess it depends on the style and the individual

CRNAvtec909
Wannabe

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2012-03-31

Back to top Go down

Graff crews from the 90s Empty DAM WHERES THE TM LOVE WE WERE ALL UP IN THE MIDDLE OF THAT SCENE..LOL..BESEK ONER TM CREW

Post  TM.BESEK.ONER Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:25 am

D-Dogg wrote:"These crews used to write together and created UC-United Crews in the 90's."

No disrespect Cray, but this statement is not true. UC was, and still is, as it still exists, it's own crew. UC is in no way an umbrella crew for any federation of crews.
In the early 90's, (maybe even late 80's?), there was a crew called UFD United For Destruction. They had members all over the IE, but most of their members were based out of Redlands, Fontana, Bloomington, Colton. Most of the core heads lived north of the 10, west of the 215. There were the core members, who were real writers dedicated to the craft of graffiti art, maybe 10 -15 heads, and then there were dozens of other members who were general taggers who just wanted to destroy and mostly don't write anymore. By 1992 and 1993 UFD was one of the major forces in IE graff. Another crew that was a huge force was PI Pure Insanity. PI also had heads all over the IE, but were based mainly in San Bernardino and Colton. Just like UFD, PI had a core of dedicated artists, and then lots of taggers. In 1993 these two crews battled. It was a two-part battle, a "one-wall" piecing battle, and a street bombing battle. The piecing battle took place on a wall near the Orange Show in San Bernardino. The battle was covered by the IE's first ever graffiti magazine, called "Hot Spots" put together by some of the old heads from DBI. The magazine has photos of dozens of writers posing in front of the wall while they paint it. (I can post pictures if you want).
The bombing battle took place, and I might be mistaken on this, up n down Valley blvd. and Baseline st. When the battle was over, the judges (a 3rd party crew) said that PI won. Many members of UFD would contest this decision, since they claim that PI was helped on the bombing part of the battle by a crew that they were affiliated with called MB (now MBx3). Basically, they claim the MB's went out hitting up PI during the street battle, dramatically adding to the amount of ups PI got.
The pre-agreement for the battle was that whichever crew lost had to drop their crew name. UFD respected the rules of the battle and dropped the name UFD. The core dedicated members, maybe 10 people or so, later started a new crew simply called "U crew", a nod to the former Ufd title. They hit it up like a happy face, like a U with long flared out eyes, like a side ways version of this symbol =). The U crew eventually evolved into being called "United" crew, a reference to "United" For Destruction. Then U crew started hitting up different words for the "U", such as Urb Crew (urban), and later the crew came to be known simply as UC.
UC later destroyed the IE. They are regarded as one of the first IE crews to focus more on doing fill-ins and large bombs, rather than just being a tagger crew. They really did alot of work all over the IE and into LA in the mid to late 90's. They basically raised the bar of the graff game in the IE. The most recognized lineup for those years went something like this: Prom Jones Deap Chek Skul Duck Bam(WEC) Demo Keso(YGW,RUH) Sol XS Debt Feevo(DOC) Ray.
DHS and DCR were their own newer crews that started getting up around 1998. In 1999 UC recruited about 5 youngsters who wrote for DHS and DCR. So in that sense, their is a small handful of guys with dual membership in DHS/DCR and UC now, but they didn't become part of UC until the last year of the 90's. Although none of that had anything to do with the formation of UC or the name UC. All of those connections were made well after UC had established itself as its own entity for a very long time. There was one guy who was from DOC and was one of the original members of UC and there was another guy who was from YGW n RUH and helped start UC. In San Bernardino RUH used to be clicked up with CFK, there was people who were in both of those crews at the same time. And CFK was clicked up with CSE, they were both based in the West Side of San Bernardino. That's about the only connections I can make between UC and some of the other crews that were listed. But to say that all of these crews came together to start "United Crews" is not accurate. There might be 4 or 5 degrees of separation, but that's not one crew.

Last edited by TM.BESEK.ONER on Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

TM.BESEK.ONER
Wannabe

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2014-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  .02 cents Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:29 am

TM.BESEK.ONER wrote:
D-Dogg wrote:"These crews used to write together and created UC-United Crews in the 90's."

No disrespect Cray, but this statement is not true.  UC was, and still is, as it still exists, it's own crew. UC is in no way an umbrella crew for any federation of crews.

Great history, thanks for the info!
.02 cents
.02 cents
Made Member

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post  OldBlue Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:38 am

Mothra wrote:
Jae wrote:The 90s was the last era of the real writers, bangers, musicians, everything.... everything is weird and watered down now. But thats life. Ever-changing. Aint not telling whats next. lol.

I can still remember when writing all changed and went bad. I think somewhere I still have the Daily Report (or maybe by then it was The Daily Bulletin) where the front page of the paper was one of the heavens on the 10 near Upland (the Euclid off ramp one) with big pink TDK throwups on it when the whole big beef between YGW/OCP/TDK/TWK started. Like 91 or 92 maybe? Before that graffiti was just graffiti. After that shit became serious and everyone started cracking down just like D-Dogg said.. Felony charges, your parents having to pay for your fines by law, etc. Then guns happened and taggers were just gangsters wearing raver clothes, which eventually everyone traded in for Dickies/Ben Davis pants and white shirts. The whole art aspect of it went right out the window and it was all about who was the biggest badass around whether he could write or not.

D-Dogg if youre still around.. Wasnt MB somehow affiliated with TDK or were they just another Fontana crew?? Think they started around 92/93?? Always had respect for those guys cause their styles were really down.
WOW I remember that pink TDK LOL!! Yes also the raver clothing those t-shirts from millers outpost with the lil guy on the lower left or right corner damn I forgot all about that addidas and them pumas were in full effect again I was in middle school around that time 7th 8th grade.

On another note I knew two cats "Gimick" and "Skal" I remember these two foos saying they were from CFK "Pomona" how true could that be??? Was there a CFK Pomona and did it start there??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
OldBlue
OldBlue
Made Member

Number of posts : 762
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post  OldBlue Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:43 am

Also does anyone remember "HSH" and what it stood for???????? I knew two whiteboys that would bang that shit Sapo and Hoax later Hoax would drop from HSH cause of that foo Sapo lol. Only dudes I remember from them were "CAP" "SVEN" "SAPO" "HOAX" and some cat named "DOUG" who called out SAPO at lunch lol. Damn I miss those days!!!!!!!!!!!!
OldBlue
OldBlue
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  TM.BESEK.ONER Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:10 pm

Ya there were a couple CFK's in Pomona but they were from Pasadena..in 93 swex from Cfk moved to the I.e and brought cfk with him.

TM.BESEK.ONER
Wannabe

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2014-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  OldBlue Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:48 am

TM.BESEK.ONER wrote:Ya there were a couple CFK's in Pomona but they were from Pasadena..in 93 swex from Cfk moved to the I.e and brought cfk with him.
 Coo so those foos weren't lying then haha!!
OldBlue
OldBlue
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DJ Bzerk Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:15 am

Reading this brought back a lot of memories. The graf scene in IE peaked in the early 90's and I'm glad I had the opportunity to have been a a part of that. 

@BESEK  I think we met doing community service buffing walls at the wash by the "s" curve back in 92. Not sure if that was you, but you were writing your crews name with that ugly ass brown/grey recycled paint with the paint roller, lol. Respect to u Noe(Mike), Epik, Rome, and the rest of TM.

I used to have a few pics of that PI/UFD battle. Props to Ralphie Payan-R.I.P. (at the time I think he was writing Micee)and SAGS their work in PI's BBoy with a water pistol "Rock Steady" piece. I'd like to also add that a few members including myself from PI also started a "clicked up" or side crew called HAF(Hard Ass Fuck, High As Fuck, etc..). Members included MYER, SORSE/SOURCE(aka Cracker), Fabian, UNEE, and myself. There were about 15-20 members and was together for a good part of 93. HAF disbanded after some of its members had moved on to join ES13.

BZERK-ONE/PI/HAF/MST/FCK

Last edited by DJ Bzerk on Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added name)

DJ Bzerk

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Pure Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:04 pm

Please continue, i like reading stories from og's that were in the game during the golden era. especially the I.E. not much history is known.
Pure
Pure
Wannabe

Registration date : 2014-08-12

Back to top Go down

Graff crews from the 90s Empty A mix of Graffiti and Party crews during the 90's

Post  Pure Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:34 pm

Pure
Pure
Wannabe

Registration date : 2014-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Th3*OrIgInAL'Ch3cKoN3 Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:01 pm

If you want truth to anything about this post, just ask THEE'ORIGINAL*CH3cKOn3*U F D
THATS RIGHT, REPRESENTING!!! WooWoo
Th3*OrIgInAL'Ch3cKoN3
Th3*OrIgInAL'Ch3cKoN3
Wannabe

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2014-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Th3*OrIgInAL'Ch3cKoN3 Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:09 pm

AND HELL NO, WE NEVER LOST TO P.I we straight destroyed that crew... Even tho our piece went unfinished we still clowned with what we had. We kept our crew name it wasn't till we faced up against MB that after 4-5years on top of the game, we terminated our name. WE HAD A RUN LIKE NO OTHER CREW PAST, PRESENT, OR PROBABLY FUTURE HERE IN THE INLAND EMPIRE!!!!
WE WERE & STILL ARE SUM BAAAD MUTHAFUCKAS BOY.....
Th3*OrIgInAL'Ch3cKoN3
Th3*OrIgInAL'Ch3cKoN3
Wannabe

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2014-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Th3*OrIgInAL'Ch3cKoN3 Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:13 pm

How Do I Post Photos Here?
This site is new to me......
Keep THE GRAFF ART ALIVE!!
Th3*OrIgInAL'Ch3cKoN3