Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rubidoux man gets 250-plus years in shootings

2 posters

Go down

Rubidoux man gets 250-plus years in shootings Empty Rubidoux man gets 250-plus years in shootings

Post  TumbleWeed Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:28 pm

Rubidoux man gets 250-plus years in shootings; all 4 victims survived attack

Download story podcast

10:00 PM PDT on Friday, March 14, 2008

By JESSICA LOGAN
The Press-Enterprise

A Rubidoux man was sentenced Friday to more than 250 years in prison for attempting to kill four people, a crime that left one, a girl now 7, with learning disabilities and memory problems.

Superior Court Judge Peter Spinetta sentenced Max Romero III to a prison term of 200 years to life plus 56 years for four counts of premeditated attempted murder in the Nov. 18, 2005, shootings of his girlfriend, Manuela Sepulveda; her mother, Wanda Darkes; Sepulveda's 21-month-old son, Andrew Albidrez; and her 5-year-old daughter, Megan Fajardo.

Spinetta gave Romero the maximum sentence. He said a harsher sentence would show "how much we abhor this sort of a thing...and give some catharsis for the victims involved."

Megan's stepmother, Shannon Fajardo, told the court during the sentencing hearing that the bullet lodged in the girl's brain and has left the second-grader unable to tie her shoes, brush her teeth or remember what she ate 10 minutes after a meal.

"These two innocent children never did anything but give love," Darkes told the court. "I see the pain and frustration in my granddaughter's life. ... It will not be over, and (Romero) should pay for what he did."

Romero showed no emotion as the two women he shot testified in a courtroom filled with their family and friends.

"I know he is very remorseful for what happened ... he never intended to injure the children," his attorney Eric Isaac told the judge.

Deputy District Attorney Samah Shouka reminded the court that during the trial, Sepulveda testified that she had moved away from her children during the shooting to keep them safe, but Romero turned his arm to shoot them as they lay in bed.

Shouka called Romero "the worst of the worst in criminal society."
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Number of posts : 7350
Registration date : 2008-01-19

https://iestreetlife.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Rubidoux man gets 250-plus years in shootings Empty Re: Rubidoux man gets 250-plus years in shootings

Post  W.Devil Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:40 pm

is this the dude from WSR who went nuts and tried to kill his fam a few years back or so?
W.Devil
W.Devil
UnderBoss

Number of posts : 2977
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down