Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

will chicano rappers ever be on the level of black rappers in the music industry ?

+15
ALCOHOLIC
jaybr
TumbleWeed
EVANS STR. GANG
big smiley
.02 cents
wesiderider
W.Devil
wolfman
Sosidetowner181
Drunky McThuggerton
P_LOKO
ieprince
C O L T O N
SYCLONE
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

will chicano rappers ever be on the level of black rappers in the music industry ? - Page 2 Empty Re: will chicano rappers ever be on the level of black rappers in the music industry ?

Post  EVANS STR. GANG Thu May 13, 2010 6:21 pm

Huero wrote:fuck you vatos talking about

Rap aint no black thing..that shit is shtraight from the Meshica eshe...what you know about the ashtec god of rythmn and poetry eshe....you aint even knowing about that big dog....thats shtraight our culture!

lol...

lol never said its a black thing ese, these homies might think so, i dont. all im saying is that people shouldnt just stick to their cultural music or to what everyone listens to
EVANS STR. GANG
EVANS STR. GANG
Made Member

Number of posts : 1086
Registration date : 2009-07-22

Back to top Go down

will chicano rappers ever be on the level of black rappers in the music industry ? - Page 2 Empty Re: will chicano rappers ever be on the level of black rappers in the music industry ?

Post  W.Devil Thu May 13, 2010 6:38 pm

what i said was a joke...

a few years ago some idiot named chino grande did some interview and said that shit...

Hip Hop has always been pretty multicultural actually...but the rapping aspect of it has always been black dominated...
W.Devil
W.Devil
UnderBoss

Number of posts : 2977
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Thu May 13, 2010 7:58 pm

Rap aint no black thing..that shit is shtraight from the Meshica eshe...what you know about the ashtec god of rythmn and poetry eshe....you aint even knowing about that big dog....thats shtraight our culture!

lol...

LOOOOL
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Number of posts : 7350
Registration date : 2008-01-19

https://iestreetlife.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Post  P_LOKO Fri May 14, 2010 12:04 am

CBxBOY32 wrote:

lol never said its a black thing ese, these homies might think so, i dont. all im saying is that people shouldnt just stick to their cultural music or to what everyone listens to

Real shit, it's good to keep an open mind....and open ears. I listen to all types of shit. That's why some of the homies think I'm a weird fucker, banging out 80s shit on the daily. It's good to listen to what the fux we like listening to, not what is everybody else likes or what is popular....cuz for the most part, what is popular these days is nothing but pure garbage.
P_LOKO
P_LOKO
Boss

Number of posts : 3824
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfman Fri May 14, 2010 6:12 pm

niners wrote:
wolfman wrote:why would chicano rappers need to compare to black rappers?
what's this.. follow the black man in everything he does?
chale.. me sacan de onda this new generation that's always following on "their" steps
instead of staying original!!!

first off...rap is rap Wolfman. But, in the context of this question and your response...staying original would be doing some form of Mexican or Chicano cultural music right? Rap isn't a cultural music of Mexican or Chicano. So what is staying original to you? Oldies? Nah...chicano's listen to smoky(black) and dells(black) more than everyone in my (black) family. NOw keeping it OG would mean Cholino Sanchez que no?

From the very first day Rap is a Black Nation creation.. it’s a badass form of expression, my compliments on that. Having said that, Chicano Rap will always be in its shadow when it comes to do with mainstream, even though Chicano Rap is on another level.. a Level just as EQUAL but in its own form.. in its OWN way.. with its own language, mannerism, style, cultural applications, so on and so on. Spanish Rap, or Chicano Rap indeed picked it up from Black Rap, but the FEEL is way different than Black Rap, and as such, it can never be re-deemed with Black Rap; hence it should no longer be compared to nor walk in the Black shadow any more. So if you’re trying to compare the two and try to so-defined RAISE the one to the level of the other, then I dare say ~> you missed the unique eloquence of Chicano Rap!

As to when I said for US to stay original, well that right there you would have to live it to understand what I’m saying. It’s not about what you listen to, it’s not about whether you listen to a Black Nation oldie or rap tune, whether is an oldie or a Led Zep tune.. chale mi loco. Esta Onda is something else.. it’s about attitude.. a certain attitude that needs not borrow anything from anyone, and when it does, then we got to change the shit up and making it something completely understandable only by US!

And just like the Black nation picked up on our Lowriders and Khakis and made it a part of their structure, we too take and borrow, and we too throw in our flow to it.. Transform it and give it our feel ~> to make it Lo Nuestro!

Some Black Nation cosas are in tune with the universal crazy soul from the neighborhoods, but some ain’t, at least that's the way it may feel to some.. just like east coast, south coast and west coast all have differences, so too Brown and Black, thus understanding those differences ~> you gotta stay “ORIGINAL” whithin your own style.. your own culture!!! Fuck Cholino or Rancholo.. This a Califas thing!

We can borrow from each other 'cause all of us in the Southwest go through the same school, but we still both have our own originality. That’s all I’m saying.
wolfman
wolfman
Captain

Number of posts : 1811
Registration date : 2009-12-13

http://13radicalriders14.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 14, 2010 7:54 pm

yeh of course you can take something and make it your own. Rap came from the skat days in bebop jazz. They did that shit back in the 30's and even earlier depending on your resource. So in the culture of hip hop at least those of us who really know what that history is...we always pay homage to the forefathers...we know it came all the way from gospel truth be told. It manifested into what it is today. Now, rap and hip hop are total different cultures where one derived from the other. So, chicano rap is just another genre with-in the genre of rap true. However, Country is the same way. Country music. You have to understand it and know its roots. YOu just can't come into country music and change it up and say its original. Original means the Origin. And to do a form of music and make it your own truth be told you have to derive and then change it up comepletely where it takes on a life of its own. In this case Chicano rap...it still sounds like any other rap form in US culture. It uses rap and basslines and drums in the same manner. Now, Jungle or Garage from UK has derived from hip hop and made a complete sound all in its own where now subgenre's are also coming from it. So, for Chicano rap to be OG it must first take on a life of its own and father other styles.

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfman Fri May 14, 2010 8:04 pm

well you know more about rap and hip hop roots than i do.. i wont ever argue that
my point is this.. you're talking music while i'm talking about a "sub-culture"
that's what we became here in these gringo states.. and that sub-culture has "always" borrowed
but at the start, and the end, it "transforms" and welds it into its own version..
with its own attitude and its own vibe.. this sub-culture never needs to become like the others
it does not need to become white first then chicano
it does not need to become black and then chicano
it its already its own.. it simply deals with the world around it!
and in the process, it absorbs some from those others.. BUT
what it absorbs from those others, it has to "already" be in-tune with the "old soul"
and that "old soul" is our own originality
wolfman
wolfman
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  EVANS STR. GANG Fri May 14, 2010 8:09 pm

P_LOKO wrote:
CBxBOY32 wrote:

Real shit, it's good to keep an open mind....and open ears. I listen to all types of shit. That's why some of the homies think I'm a weird fucker, banging out 80s shit on the daily. It's good to listen to what the fux we like listening to, not what is everybody else likes or what is popular....cuz for the most part, what is popular these days is nothing but pure garbage.

yeahh all the new shit, i believe, is straight trash.. in hip hop they're just running out of things to rap about, dont get me wrong, i loke the old skool hip-hop & rap but the new shit is just wackk.. i mostly bumpp that phunk & oldies, but every now & then i'll play sum old skool rap or sum rock u know good music.. i could care less what everyone thinks ey serio.. i cant listen to spanish music cuz i just dont understand what the fucc their saying haha
EVANS STR. GANG
EVANS STR. GANG
Made Member

Number of posts : 1086
Registration date : 2009-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfman Fri May 14, 2010 8:17 pm

CBxBOY32 wrote:
P_LOKO wrote:
CBxBOY32 wrote:

yeahh all the new shit, i believe, is straight trash.. in hip hop they're just running out of things to rap about, dont get me wrong, i loke the old skool hip-hop & rap but the new shit is just wackk.. i mostly bumpp that phunk & oldies, but every now & then i'll play sum old skool rap or sum rock u know good music.. i could care less what everyone thinks ey serio.. i cant listen to spanish music cuz i just dont understand what the fucc their saying haha

^ ^ das cuz the gangsta worl is becoming universal.. whether some care to admit or not
it is becoming ignorant of ones own cultural upbringing.. and becoming just that "a gangsta world"
a "criminal world" and no longer part of something bigger! Like a people! It is now simply "mainstream"
wolfman
wolfman
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  jaybr Fri May 28, 2010 10:23 pm

lol...

lol..

jaybr
Wannabe

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2010-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunky McThuggerton Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:48 pm

when anyone black brown asian, gets good production. and they have talent. the "level" of the music will be elevated. now whatever level anyone is talking about, fame, money making, or just quality. i think the most important is quality. theres a lot of "chicano" rappers out there with quality music...

Last edited by Al Capwn on Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Drunky McThuggerton
Boss

Number of posts : 5175
Registration date : 2008-06-25

http://2012data.webs.com/theilluminati.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunky McThuggerton Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:50 pm

Drunky McThuggerton
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  ALCOHOLIC Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:19 pm

i dont know, i cant see white kids in the burbs blastin some str8 chicano shit and bein all into it... we got our own stilo that you cant really be on unless you with it like that, unless your a banger or grew up around it all and saw it for yourself... and they a throw a lot of spanish in there which will leave whoever cant speak it out of the loop lol

the way i see it, you gotta turn pop to be internationally known, nobody in germany wants to here about south los is

and chicanos got too much pride to turn pop so i dont think so
ALCOHOLIC
ALCOHOLIC
Soldier

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post  American Zombie Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:23 pm

ALCOHOLIC wrote:i dont know, i cant see white kids in the burbs blastin some str8 chicano shit and bein all into it... we got our own stilo that you cant really be on unless you with it like that, unless your a banger or grew up around it all and saw it for yourself... and they a throw a lot of spanish in there which will leave whoever cant speak it out of the loop lol

the way i see it, you gotta turn pop to be internationally known, nobody in germany wants to here about south los is

Guess you never heard of Funkadelic of CalifaRap.net. LOL..

Plenty of people outside the US, (Europe, Japan) love chicano rap and the whole cholo style...But it seems more popular there than here.
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Number of posts : 6128
Registration date : 2008-01-19

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/rothbard62.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunky McThuggerton Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:29 pm

ALCOHOLIC wrote:i dont know, i cant see white kids in the burbs blastin some str8 chicano shit and bein all into it... we got our own stilo that you cant really be on unless you with it like that, unless your a banger or grew up around it all and saw it for yourself... and they a throw a lot of spanish in there which will leave whoever cant speak it out of the loop lol

i white can do it to black culture they can do it to ours. and they do already. chino grande capone and alot of chicano rappes are big in japan. and they do concerts overseas.

Drunky McThuggerton
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  wesiderider Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:31 pm

CRAYZ wrote:

Plenty of people outside the US, (Europe, Japan) love chicano rap and the whole cholo style...But it seems more popular there than here.
That's an interesting point, the Japanese love that shit like their own, lowriders the whole 9....it's like a cultural barter in that Chicanos are into the Euros(rice rockets) more and not so much the Cutlass or whatever on 14's......

wesiderider
Made Member

Number of posts : 1343
Registration date : 2009-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Coka Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:04 pm

wesiderider wrote:
CRAYZ wrote:

That's an interesting point, the Japanese love that shit like their own, lowriders the whole 9....it's like a cultural barter in that Chicanos are into the Euros(rice rockets) more and not so much the Cutlass or whatever on 14's......

Regal on 13s, 17 switches

Coka
Soldier

Number of posts : 269
Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  wesiderider Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:08 pm

dCoka wrote:
wesiderider wrote:
CRAYZ wrote:

Regal on 13s, 17 switches
El Camino on some kragers....naw, tru-spokes.... Cool

wesiderider
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunky McThuggerton Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:16 am

Drunky McThuggerton
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  EASTLOS323 Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:05 am

i don't give a fuck what people think , chicano rappers are beter then blacks Charlie row , Conejo , BROWNSIDE rap about real gang related shit real missions and real talk not like blacks all they rap is about bling bling and hoes and how much money they got pff shit gets boreing for real... Chicano rappers are on the level and the blacks are on the LEVA

EASTLOS323
Wannabe

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  W.Devil Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:32 pm

Arrow

W.Devil
W.Devil
UnderBoss

Number of posts : 2977
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post  ALCOHOLIC Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:46 pm

EASTLOS323 wrote:i don't give a fuck what people think , chicano rappers are beter then blacks Charlie row , Conejo , BROWNSIDE rap about real gang related shit real missions and real talk not like blacks all they rap is about bling bling and hoes and how much money they got pff shit gets boreing for real... Chicano rappers are on the level and the blacks are on the LEVA

Charlie Row - Sangre Falls from my Eyez is my favorite jam ese
ALCOHOLIC
ALCOHOLIC
Soldier

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post  wesiderider Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:45 pm

........fuck this....its all about muthafuckin
CHINGO BLING.....¶¶got ostrich boots with a pimped out Nike suit, got no green card but I go hard¶¶…… Laughing

wesiderider
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hello*out*there Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:20 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

THREE OF MY FAVORITE MEX. JAMES..

hello*out*there
Soldier

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post  hello*out*there Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:21 pm

NOW THESE THREE ARE HOW ALL MEXICAN RAPPERS SHOULD TRY TO SOUND..ARE STYLE..AND A GOOD SICK STYLE..

hello*out*there
Soldier

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next