MEXICANS ARE NOT LATIN!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: MEXICANS ARE NOT LATIN!

Post  wesiderider on Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:21 pm

niners wrote:someone give me your thoughts...

With Africans in Latin countries...even though they fall under the blanket term...are they really still Latin? Yes, you have the mixed. But, in many of these latin countries "Africans" are still isolated and victims of racism, thus preserving much of their previous customs.
I've seen blonde haired, blue eyed, light skinned Mexicanos, full blooded.......it's almost a culture shock....I think it's the same for anyone who encounters a person whose appearances are similar to theirs but speak an entirely different language...when Mexicanos ask those American born Mexicanos assuming they know Spanish.....which some don't. ...it's a culture shock..why don't you know,you look like me.....

wesiderider
Made Member

Number of posts : 1343
Registration date : 2009-12-31

Back to top Go down

Re: MEXICANS ARE NOT LATIN!

Post  .02 cents on Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:24 pm

thehoodlife909 wrote:
NYTE RYDA wrote:
thehoodlife909 wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]SO WHY IS THERE A LATIN KINGS GANG FULL OF MEXICANS!!!!THEY MUST BE MEXI CANTS!!!!


.....LOL. Please educate yourself before you make these kinds of post.
...FOR ONE THING MEXICANS DO NOT SPEAK LATIN..WE AINT CONSIDER'D LATINS!!!!LOOK IT UP.... GOOGLE THIS SHIT TRUST!!!MEXICANO'S NOTHING ELSE FUCK THE BLANKET TERM LATIN...I AINT LATIN IM MEXICAN....The word "Latin" comes to us from a tribe in early Italy called the Latins. The Latins lived in Latium whose capital city was Rome. Their language was called Latin. According to the American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, as Rome's Empire grew their language, Latin, spread throughout the Roman Empire later evolving into several "Romance" languages; Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, and French. People from these countries are referred to as Latin, their language is derived from "Latin". These languages are very similar as explained by Dr. Lorenzo LaFarelle, a Chicano Studies professor at the University of Texas at El Paso, the word for cave in Spanish is "cueva", in Portuguese is "cova", in Italian is "cava".



When the Romans invaded the Iberian peninsula they found a city already there called Hispalis (Seville). The name Hispalis appears to be derived from Greek since Hispalus is a mythical Greek hero. Later on the Romans annexed the Iberian peninsula making it a province named Hispania. The Romans spent seven centuries in Hispania leaving a legacy not only of language but of social and cultural characteristics such as family, language, and religion which tied Hispania to the rest of the "Latin" world forever. Sometime later the name evolved from Hispania to España. The word Hispania thus refers to the people and culture of the Iberian peninsula, Spain in particular. The term Hispano (Hispanic) later was used in referring to Spain and its subsequent New World - New Spain, conquered territories which covers most of Latino America. Hispanic thus refers to people whose culture and heritage have ties to Spain and, in the case of second and third generation Hispanic-Americans, who may or may not speak Spanish.

These are the theories that create my paradigm on the subject, good job thls!

I do not identify as Latin or Hispanic, I am Chicano. However, in an everyday conversation, I don't get overly offended by either of the terms. The reality is people use them and rarely are they used disrespectfully. Somone here said they use the term Latin to blanket, why not, that's what has been taught to them. You cant get mad at someone for not knowing something they have probably never been taught. I would imagine the little snippet written above will give some people more insight then they may have had before on the topic, but with that said, in real life, not a cpu, I do like to educate people with what knowledge and opinions I have on the subject as I see fit.
avatar
.02 cents
Made Member

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Re: MEXICANS ARE NOT LATIN!

Post  LOCO ANGELES on Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:56 am

"YOU AFRICAN BOOTY SCRATCHER!' HAHAHAHAHHA

LOCO ANGELES
Soldier

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2008-08-29
Location : RIALTO

Back to top Go down

Re: MEXICANS ARE NOT LATIN!

Post  .02 cents on Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:53 pm

LOCO ANGELES wrote:"YOU AFRICAN BOOTY SCRATCHER!' HAHAHAHAHHA

I aint african, im from the crenshaw mafia bitch, you you craker ass cracker...
avatar
.02 cents
Made Member

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Re: MEXICANS ARE NOT LATIN!

Post  CaliforniaRepublic on Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:13 pm

niners wrote:someone give me your thoughts...

With Africans in Latin countries...even though they fall under the blanket term...are they really still Latin? Yes, you have the mixed. But, in many of these latin countries "Africans" are still isolated and victims of racism, thus preserving much of their previous customs.


Lol, funny you mentioned that because i was talking to a stranger about this not too long ago. I assume their situation is the same as ours in america (african-american). Except they are "afro-where evere they are"... I've heard the term "afro-latin" but i dont think it holds much weight. I guess in the end, i dont know, lol. I'm stumped on it. Never really could figure it out.
avatar
CaliforniaRepublic
Captain

Number of posts : 1763
Registration date : 2008-02-04
Location : Southern California

http://iestreetlife.aforumfree.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: MEXICANS ARE NOT LATIN!

Post  LOCO ANGELES on Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:52 am

.02 cents wrote:
LOCO ANGELES wrote:"YOU AFRICAN BOOTY SCRATCHER!' HAHAHAHAHHA

I aint african, im from the crenshaw mafia bitch, you you craker ass cracker...

DONT HATE DA PLAYA,HATE DA GAME Cool

LOCO ANGELES
Soldier

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2008-08-29
Location : RIALTO

Back to top Go down

Re: MEXICANS ARE NOT LATIN!

Post  Almighty.Royal.Ummah on Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:06 am

in 1519 the Spanish Colonized in Mexico. They pretty much captivated the indigenous population there and taught them things like; Religion (Catholicism), Culture (Dance, Food and even language). About 300 years later (After the Mexican American War), the French invaded Mexico and colonized there, thus diluting the Aboriginal blood more. So you say Mexicans aren't White or Latin? Well if you're not 100% Aboriginal, you're Latin because you have been cross bred with a lot of different cultures.

...And I'm not Latino, I'm African (Ethiopian)

...Salam...
avatar
Almighty.Royal.Ummah

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-07-23

Back to top Go down

Re: MEXICANS ARE NOT LATIN!

Post  Drunky McThuggerton on Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:28 am

Almighty.Royal.Ummah wrote:in 1519 the Spanish Colonized in Mexico. They pretty much captivated the indigenous population there and taught them things like; Religion (Catholicism), Culture (Dance, Food and even language). About 300 years later (After the Mexican American War), the French invaded Mexico and colonized there, thus diluting the Aboriginal blood more. So you say Mexicans aren't White or Latin? Well if you're not 100% Aboriginal, you're Latin because you have been cross bred with a lot of different cultures.

...And I'm not Latino, I'm African (Ethiopian)

...Salam...

thats what ive been saying! none of you are pure "indian" so you all have white blood in ya. we are all latin or chicano or hispanic or whatever, it just depends on what you like to call yourself and align yourself with, even tho they all fit.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Drunky McThuggerton
Boss

Number of posts : 5175
Registration date : 2008-06-25
Age : 85
Location : Everywhere...

http://2012data.webs.com/theilluminati.htm

Back to top Go down

Re: MEXICANS ARE NOT LATIN!

Post  former gangster on Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:12 am

what pisses me off is that immigrants from latin america in spain are reffered to as latinos, like a seperate group, meaning latin american, but the annoying thing is that its the same as being latino in america, so spaniards call us latino, but were only latino because theyre latino, but they dont call themselves latino, they are spaniards or whatever region they are from, and the racial slur they use on us is sudacas, which means vulture but came from a twist on sudamericano, southamerican, so latino became even more demoted, and with the economy tanking in spain now they are starting to player hate on us backward latinos, our countries are screwed because they set up a wack system, in that sense i think there is more pride in being azteca or inca, but i think in america as a minority it is not in our best interest to divide our selves even more, i mean we already have but its not good, salvadoran mexican puerto rican, all from latin america, speak spanish and share some common culture, if we dont have a better term which we can all agree on and all fully fall under then lets just stick with latino or hispanic, in some places ive been the term is just south american, spanish, latino, hispanic, or mexican to replace latino, meaning guanacos and chapines are just called mexicans, personally it doesnt bother me cuz i know most of the non latino people that use those terms just use it because thats all they know( unknowingly ignorant) and dont say it to be racist, they really think that mexico is in south america, its cool with me, i know what they mean.... spanish, i dont like it as much but i know boricuas in new york go by that alot and i know its because we speak spanish, not because were spaniards, in LA were all just mexicans, as far as the main stream non latinos know,
we know where were from but the bottom line is if you feel that strongly about it then make the move south my man, i was born in guatemala city, i aint going back there any time soon, if people(even mexicans) think guatemala is in mexico i dont trip, south america short for latin america, who cares,
then just look at mexico, when cortez came half of central mexico was not aztec, most was aztec occupied, and small pockets where deadly enemies of the aztecs, the parts outside of central mexico werent aztec at all, which like gangs today mostly means they where enemies with the aztecs, so if the mexica where the aztecs, and your ancestors where chimaltecos or zapotecos or some tribe that was actually bitter enemies with the aztecs, why would you want to be aztec, most of us saw apocalypto, that was your peeps heads rolling down the pyramid,
just be happy to live in america, i am

former gangster
Soldier

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Re: MEXICANS ARE NOT LATIN!

Post  Drunky McThuggerton on Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:20 am

man fuck all this. i was born hear not messyco. if i go to messyco they call me american just the same. so when mafuckas ask me now ima tell em. IM A MAFUKIN AMERICAN ESHE!!!!

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Drunky McThuggerton
Boss

Number of posts : 5175
Registration date : 2008-06-25
Age : 85
Location : Everywhere...

http://2012data.webs.com/theilluminati.htm

Back to top Go down

Re: MEXICANS ARE NOT LATIN!

Post  vthls13 on Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:35 pm

DontxTrip wrote:man fuck all this. i was born hear not messyco. if i go to messyco they call me american just the same. so when mafuckas ask me now ima tell em. IM A MAFUKIN AMERICAN ESHE!!!!
.THATS RIGHT! EEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

vthls13
Soldier

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Re: MEXICANS ARE NOT LATIN!

Post  wolfman on Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:27 pm

Mexicans are Mexicans.. simple as that.. Mexicans are not Chicanos, even thought there is Chicanos who consider themselves more Mexican than American, but I've yet to meet a Chicano that consides himself completely Mexican. Some Mexicans are alright with being termed Latino or Hispanic because they consider themselves part of a larger culture, but not because they consider themselves the same as a Catracho, Boricua, Chapin or Guanaco.. There's Latin-Americans from every country who don't necessarily like Mexicans, just like there's plenty of Mexicans who don't like other Latin-Americans. Hell, there's even problems between Mexicans versus Mexicans, just like there's white or black-washed little-Americans of a Mexican heritage/bloodline who have a huge dislike for anyone or anything wholly of a Mexican nature. So there you have it.. DIVIDED AS CAN BE.. And to why Mexicans are considered to be "LATIN" or "HISPANIC".. well, this discussion has been had before, remember ~> streetgangs.cee anyone? LATIN because Spanish is a Latin language.. Hispanic, because Spain (the mother colonial power and cultural king) is located in the European penninsula of HISPANIOLA (Española).
avatar
wolfman
Captain

Number of posts : 1790
Registration date : 2009-12-13

http://13radicalriders14.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: MEXICANS ARE NOT LATIN!

Post  former gangster on Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:33 pm

wolfman you nailed it, nuf said,

former gangster
Soldier

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Re: MEXICANS ARE NOT LATIN!

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum