Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE BIG SCREEN....COMIC BOOK, CARTOON MOVIES....

+2
3l3m3ntal
wesiderider
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

THE BIG SCREEN....COMIC BOOK, CARTOON MOVIES.... - Page 2 Empty Re: THE BIG SCREEN....COMIC BOOK, CARTOON MOVIES....

Post  SFxSTONER Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:12 am

wesiderider wrote:I've never been there but it sounds like a collectors dream come true, boxes of the old shit....good condition comics tho right, now and days find an old comic like at a swapmeet its missing pages or something's wrong with it....I used to go to this bookstore on MT.Vernon, in the southside cool ass little bookstore....or my other alternative was supermarkets....you dont see supermarkets with comic racks anymore do you....did you ever dry drawing the characters you read about??? My uncle gots pictures of him in the army with his buddies drawing iron-man or captain America on tanks or apc's,crazy shit....

They were in okay shape. I can still remember the smell of that store, the smell of all those comics in cardboard boxes. You'd pick a box (labeled on the front) and she'd plop it down on the counter so you could go through it. 7-11 used to carry comics, I don't know if they still do. I used to buy the G.I. Joe comics. Get a slurpee, maybe play a couple video games.

My uncle had a book called "Learn To Draw Comics The Marvel Way" or something like that. I think Marvel put it out in the late 70's. I was never good at drawing, but he could draw the Green Goblin pretty good. Crazy ass pumpkins with green smoke coming out the top.

I wonder if there's any family owned shops like that left? It would be nice to find an old shop like that. Most of those old comics you can also find on torrent.
SFxSTONER
SFxSTONER
Soldier

Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Back to top Go down

THE BIG SCREEN....COMIC BOOK, CARTOON MOVIES.... - Page 2 Empty Re: THE BIG SCREEN....COMIC BOOK, CARTOON MOVIES....

Post  wesiderider Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:21 pm

Ya know what's trippy is if you happen to come across that same aroma of comics you'd be instantly transported thru time to that store, the whole nine.....I smell hotdogs I think the 'Big A', funny thing about that is as a kid we didn't always get hotdogs, not that the prices were high, but back in the days you used to be able to bring in your own food, so my uncle would take sandwiches & shit, burritos wrapped in foil & shit, ziplock bags of peanuts crazy shit, but every game he always bought me and my older bro a hat & an icecream helmet. Before every game my uncle would post up in his truck, he'd have us in the camper cause he had a '76 Chevy deluxe and he would play jazz music & get blazed out or as he would say 'party'....lol...one of those green goblin drawings that you mentioned would be a kick ass blacklight poster or sculpted into a incense burner. You know what reminds me of movie theaters when I was younger...'suicides'....did you ever drink those???....

wesiderider
Made Member

Number of posts : 1343
Registration date : 2009-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post  3l3m3ntal Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:58 pm

W.Devil wrote:LOL @ having a black dude playing a norse god in that Thor movie...haha..wow...

Looks like an entertaining movie though.

LOL, but it is pretty cool to also see Loki and the Dreadnaughts in the trailer too
3l3m3ntal
3l3m3ntal
Soldier

Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post  wesiderider Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:22 pm

Loki is the adopted son of Odin, ruler of the Asgardian gods. Jealous of the love Odin feels for his true son Thor, Loki devotes his immortal existence to plotting the destruction of his noble stepbrother. Occasionally,he even tries to overthrow his father. With his vast knowledge of sorcery and cruel cunning, Loki truly lives up to the title god of evil.

Did you know: an evil plot by Loki to use the Hulk to destroy Thor was the reason for the formation of the super hero team known as the mighty avengers.
(Copied from back of 1990 marvel card)

I have a 1985 issue of Thor June #356 where Thor battles Hercules good movie material...imo....

wesiderider
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  SFxSTONER Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:31 pm

wesiderider wrote:Ya know what's trippy is if you happen to come across that same aroma of comics you'd be instantly transported thru time to that store, the whole nine.....I smell hotdogs I think the 'Big A', funny thing about that is as a kid we didn't always get hotdogs, not that the prices were high, but back in the days you used to be able to bring in your own food, so my uncle would take sandwiches & shit, burritos wrapped in foil & shit, ziplock bags of peanuts crazy shit, but every game he always bought me and my older bro a hat & an icecream helmet. Before every game my uncle would post up in his truck, he'd have us in the camper cause he had a '76 Chevy deluxe and he would play jazz music & get blazed out or as he would say 'party'....lol...one of those green goblin drawings that you mentioned would be a kick ass blacklight poster or sculpted into a incense burner. You know what reminds me of movie theaters when I was younger...'suicides'....did you ever drink those???....

Anaheim Stadium. Before it was the California Angels of Los Angeles or whatever. Suicides, when you used to put all the different sodas in your cup? Didn't taste that bad actually. One example of how times have changed, check out the mountains in the background. How long has it been since they got that much snow?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
SFxSTONER
SFxSTONER
Soldier

Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post  wesiderider Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:16 am

Exactly, different flavored sodas a piece of bubble yum and a licorice stick for a straw, then eat the straw and chew your gum that tasted like 7up mixed with Dr.pepper and a hint of orange soda... Laughing....those were the days....but yeah before it was the LAA it was the California Angels....that snowy background in that flick looks nice, I can actually picture that flick on a skateboarding mag cover....a fe years back we got a little snowfall in the SB, not winter wonderland type snowfall but it was enough to get the kids excited....

wesiderider
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  3l3m3ntal Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:44 pm

wesiderider wrote:Loki is the adopted son of Odin, ruler of the Asgardian gods. Jealous of the love Odin feels for his true son Thor, Loki devotes his immortal existence to plotting the destruction of his noble stepbrother. Occasionally,he even tries to overthrow his father. With his vast knowledge of sorcery and cruel cunning, Loki truly lives up to the title god of evil.

Did you know: an evil plot by Loki to use the Hulk to destroy Thor was the reason for the formation of the super hero team known as the mighty avengers.
(Copied from back of 1990 marvel card)

I have a 1985 issue of Thor June #356 where Thor battles Hercules good movie material...imo....

I had no idea that was the reason for the formation of the Avengers. I am not sure if that is the dreadnaughts in the THOR trailer, I do remember that colossus but can't recall it's name.
3l3m3ntal
3l3m3ntal
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  wesiderider Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:28 pm

Which of these cartoon series should have a shot at the big screen?
Thundercats
SilverHawks
Gobots
M.A.S.K
I think M.A.S.K would make for a badass movie, even silverhawks would be a cool flick...

wesiderider
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  3l3m3ntal Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:39 pm

wesiderider wrote:Which of these cartoon series should have a shot at the big screen?
Thundercats
SilverHawks
Gobots
M.A.S.K
I think M.A.S.K would make for a badass movie, even silverhawks would be a cool flick...

Thundercats was always cool, and G-Force I always got a kick out of that and Voltron.

The Destroyer [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
3l3m3ntal
3l3m3ntal
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  wesiderider Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:57 pm

You know who I always thought had a gangster name for being a comic character....FOOLKILLER....arch enemies: all fools!
First appearance: FOOLKILLER #1 OCT 1990....

wesiderider
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rune sindel Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:13 pm

i have information on alot of comic book movies that are in the works
rune sindel
rune sindel
Made Member

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2008-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2