Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man shot multiple times Friday morning in San Bernardino

Go down

Man shot multiple times Friday morning in San Bernardino Empty Man shot multiple times Friday morning in San Bernardino

Post  ACE2 Sat May 12, 2012 1:55 am

SAN BERNARDINO - When Jovanny Rivera Huerta saw a man crouched on the ground Friday morning on the city's south side, he first thought the man might be tying his shoes.

But then he saw blood. A lot of it.

"He told me, `Stay here. Don't leave me. Don't leave me!" said Huerta, a reporter for EstrellaTV, KRCA (Channel 62).

Huerta happened to be nearby when police received a call about a shooting in the 1000 block of East Hope Street around 9 a.m.

He heard the call on his police scanner and decided to check it out. No emergency personnel had arrived yet.
But there were three people standing near the victim.

"The people that were with him were telling me, `He's all right. Go,"' Huerta said.

The man screamed, and Huerta realized the man had been shot. He ran to his vehicle, grabbed rubber gloves and returned to the man to help him.

He also called the Police Department to report the shooting. He said the man had been shot in his foot, stomach, rib cage area and shoulder.

Officers and firefighters arrived. The man, whose name and age weren't immediately available, was taken to Loma Linda University Medical Center.

"The last we heard, he was in serious condition," said San Bernardino police Lt. Rod Topping.

Huerta said he feared for his safety after the people at the scene told him to leave, so he turned up his police scanners to let them know he was a reporter.

When that happened, they ran inside a house.

Huerta realizes he could have been in danger by stopping at the scene so soon after the shooting, but he said he wouldn't have changed his actions.

"I still would have helped the guy," he said.

Topping said police have been unable to substantiate initial reports that the shooting may have been a drive-by.

ACE2
Wannabe

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2012-02-06

Back to top Go down

Man shot multiple times Friday morning in San Bernardino Empty Re: Man shot multiple times Friday morning in San Bernardino

Post  Guest Sat May 12, 2012 1:42 pm

This is right in ESV-Valles x3 hood in the heart of it

Back to top Go down

Man shot multiple times Friday morning in San Bernardino Empty Re: Man shot multiple times Friday morning in San Bernardino

Post  Guest Sat May 12, 2012 1:45 pm

I have always contended that this area is the true "southern" most part of the city but for some reason they all claim East...this is also in the Original PPGH stronghold when it was simply Valley Crip or Valley Gang Crip...Before that it was Valley Sunrise...the original Ganstas before the influence of Gangsta Crip in the later 80's....

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum