Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Moore: 90% Of Guns Owned By “Scared White People”

3 posters

Go down

Michael Moore: 90% Of Guns Owned By “Scared White People”  	 Empty Michael Moore: 90% Of Guns Owned By “Scared White People”

Post  American Zombie Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:32 pm

Michael Moore: 90% Of Guns Owned By “Scared White People”

Prison Planet.com
March 24, 2013
Documentary Filmmaker Michael Moore plays a race card on MSNBC’s Ed show…
Did you realize that over 90% of the guns in this country are owned by white people in the suburbs and in rural areas? Ninety-percent of our guns are not owned by African-Americans, hispanics, minority groups, they’re owned by white people. Now are these white people so afraid of out in the suburbs? Are they thinking little red head, freckle-faced Jimmy down the street is going to, you know, kill them? Mug them? I don’t think so. Are they afraid the guy next door is gonna break in and steal their t.v.? No, because they know the guy next door makes $50-60,000 a year. So poverty and racism the answer is pretty much the same answer for a lot of our other problems. Jobs…”

So what do you guys think? Do only scared, racist white people from rural areas or the suburbs own guns? (As the media tells us over and over).

Just from anecdotal observation, that is pretty hard to believe. If 90% of the gun owners were white, it would be hard to find a non-white gun owner. Yet, its pretty easy to find a non-white gun owner, at least for me and where I live. Unless Michael Moore means, it TOTAL, whites own most of the gunS, as in, white people own multiple guns while non-whites may only own one or two guns?

A quick google search led me to this gallup statistical demographic page:http://www.statisticbrain.com/gun-ownership-statistics-demographics/

According to this,

Race
White 44 %
Non White 27 %
Black 27 %

Income
$75,000 47 %
$50,000 49 %
$30,000 44 %

Politics
Republican 49 %
Democrat 35 %
Independant 35 %

If these stats are right, then Michael Moore is either a fat liar or an idiot.

Also, the fact that most of the guns are owned by people with incomes higher than $50000 and $75000 may just mean that those same people have enough money to buy more guns. hmmm

Last edited by Freedom Propagandist on Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Number of posts : 6128
Registration date : 2008-01-19

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/rothbard62.html

Back to top Go down

Michael Moore: 90% Of Guns Owned By “Scared White People”  	 Empty Re: Michael Moore: 90% Of Guns Owned By “Scared White People”

Post  Forum Gawd Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:03 pm

I admire Moore's work to an extent, just as much as I respect the work of William Cooper. What they say is interesting, and really helpful, however their exaggeration of the issue makes it hard for the not so simple minded to take them serious. Sounds like his primary method of getting his opinions across through these unavailing statistics(he stretches the truth of the results anyways). It's obvious that he is deliberately unaware of people owning guns with out a legal registration. I do agree though, and know that most white's own the majority of "legally owned guns".

Forum Gawd
Forum Gawd
Boss

Number of posts : 4842
Registration date : 2009-09-16

Back to top Go down

Michael Moore: 90% Of Guns Owned By “Scared White People”  	 Empty Re: Michael Moore: 90% Of Guns Owned By “Scared White People”

Post  American Zombie Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:27 am

After looking into this more, I have to say Michael Moore is closer to being right than I thought. It is true that most of the guns in total are owned by whites. Not that only whites own guns, but that they each individually are likely to own more guns per person and because they make up around 74% of the population. So being 74% of the population will obviously mean that overall the majority of guns owned are owned by white people. But another big factor is that whites own more long guns and rifles for hunting, whereas blacks and mexicans are more likely to own handguns for self protection purposes. Whites with higher incomes are also more able to afford to collect more than one gun. So Micheal Moore is cherry picking a statistic to make a point but he is leaving out other stats that also change the entire picture.
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfman Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:19 pm

Freedom Propagandist wrote:After looking into this more, I have to say Michael Moore is closer to being right than I thought. It is true that most of the guns in total are owned by whites. Not that only whites own guns, but that they each individually are likely to own more guns per person and because they make up around 74% of the population. So being 74% of the population will obviously mean that overall the majority of guns owned are owned by white people. But another big factor is that whites own more long guns and rifles for hunting, whereas blacks and mexicans are more likely to own handguns for self protection purposes. Whites with higher incomes are also more able to afford to collect more than one gun. So Micheal Moore is cherry picking a statistic to make a point but he is leaving out other stats that also change the entire picture.

how did you come up with whites being 74% of the population?

and i highly disagree with your assessment that whites buy most of their guns for hunting., they buy and own all types of calibers for "home defense" use more so than anyone else, that's a fact!
wolfman
wolfman
Captain

Number of posts : 1811
Registration date : 2009-12-13

http://13radicalriders14.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  American Zombie Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:26 pm

wolfman wrote:
Freedom Propagandist wrote:After looking into this more, I have to say Michael Moore is closer to being right than I thought. It is true that most of the guns in total are owned by whites. Not that only whites own guns, but that they each individually are likely to own more guns per person and because they make up around 74% of the population. So being 74% of the population will obviously mean that overall the majority of guns owned are owned by white people. But another big factor is that whites own more long guns and rifles for hunting, whereas blacks and mexicans are more likely to own handguns for self protection purposes. Whites with higher incomes are also more able to afford to collect more than one gun. So Micheal Moore is cherry picking a statistic to make a point but he is leaving out other stats that also change the entire picture.

and i highly disagree with your assessment that whites buy most of their guns for hunting., they buy and own all types of calibers for "home defense" use more so than anyone else, that's a fact!

I did a google search, but that could be wrong, since sometimes they include "hispanic" as being white.

And I didn't mean that they mostly only buy guns for hunting purposes, I meant that they are far more likely to buy rifles for hunting purposes than other groups. Meaning, most of the gun owners that hunt are most likely white. If that is the case, that means their percentage of the gun ownership goes up.
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfman Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:00 pm

Freedom Propagandist wrote:
wolfman wrote:

I did a google search, but that could be wrong, since sometimes they include "hispanic" as being white.

And I didn't mean that they mostly only buy guns for hunting purposes, I meant that they are far more likely to buy rifles for hunting purposes than other groups. Meaning, most of the gun owners that hunt are most likely white. If that is the case, that means their percentage of the gun ownership goes up.

i was just saying, doggy., because i just came back from a trip up to L.A., and i had all kinds of orders for balas of varios calibres, from hueros that can't get that shit down here in Diego right now., and that list was wicked
wolfman
wolfman
Captain

Number of posts : 1811
Registration date : 2009-12-13

http://13radicalriders14.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down