Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

U.S. college professor demands imprisonment for climate-change deniers

Go down

U.S. college professor demands imprisonment for climate-change deniers  Empty U.S. college professor demands imprisonment for climate-change deniers

Post  TumbleWeed Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:20 am

U.S. college professor demands imprisonment for climate-change deniers  1279441579

Below.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/03/17/u-s-college-professor-demands-imprisonment-for-climate-change-deniers/

Last edited by TumbleWeedBity on Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:24 am; edited 4 times in total
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Number of posts : 7350
Registration date : 2008-01-19

https://iestreetlife.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

U.S. college professor demands imprisonment for climate-change deniers  Empty Re: U.S. college professor demands imprisonment for climate-change deniers

Post  TumbleWeed Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:20 am

People like myself would quickly be labeled as a "climate denier" simply because I don't subscribe to nor support what I personally view to be propaganda being espoused by governments with an underlying political agenda.  

The sentiment of this professor, or in this case, his demand that someone should be imprisoned for simply disagreeing with a common idea is not only preposterous, but highly worrisome. This is a total "you better agree with us or we're going to eliminate you!" mentality that is completely at odds with true, objective science, but one that is fully at ease in politics or fascist states. 

I'm aware that there are progressive changes in the climate. This is generally believed by even so called "deniers", who readily admit that there are observable, natural cyclical changes in climate. However, the cause and impact of those changes are what is being heavily "debated" now. 

I've seen arguments from every single side on this issue, and I've come to the conclusion that there really isn't enough solid, incontrovertible proofs or long term data that convincingly implicate normal human activity as the culprit behind any observable climate change. 

Does this mean I fully disregard issues of pollution? No. Not at all. I would possibly consider supporting enforced regulations when there is a real threat to the environment that has been conclusively demonstrated by genuine scientific research, and not "research" that has been tainted by political agendas. 

I think recycling should become standard practice in every waste management system. I also believe that we should work to reduce pollution in all aspects, and work to become self sufficient in energy, which means more focus on investment and incentives for renewable energy sources. However, I do not believe in using untested, unproven theories to push political agendas and justify questionable governmental policies and actions. We don't need bullshit to justify better environmental stewardship. And we certainly don't need fascist-minded people being taken seriously by policymakers.

BTW, this newer forum layout has really made it a hassle to post articles properly....
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Number of posts : 7350
Registration date : 2008-01-19

https://iestreetlife.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum