Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

San Bernardino Murder Rate Up

5 posters

Go down

San Bernardino Murder Rate Up Empty San Bernardino Murder Rate Up

Post  P_LOKO Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:07 pm

Nothing new for the residents of San Bernardino, but thought I post it up since it was on the news this morning (again).

http://www.myfoxla.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=7493016&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1

So basically, San Bernardino is more dangerous to live in than any city in L.A county besides Compton. It's been this way for quite some time, but from what I noticed, a lot of people that are not too familiar with the city of San Bernardino always seem to be ignorant to this fact whenever it comes up.
P_LOKO
P_LOKO
Boss

Number of posts : 3824
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

San Bernardino Murder Rate Up Empty Re: San Bernardino Murder Rate Up

Post  TumbleWeed Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:34 pm

LOL. It's amusing how ignorant some of these news stations can be sometimes. In actually San Bernardino's murder rate has dropped dramatically in the past year or so. Dramatically to say the least. Not since the late 90's in recent times has it ever dropped this low, aside from the early years in its history of course. What are they talking about?? That makes no sense. They don't got the facts.

Now In the 80's and early 90's San Bernardino had a consistent trend of having close to the highest murder rate in the country along with the usual in that category, it topped out as the 5th highest Murder rate in the nation in 92' or 93' I believe, and near the very bottom of the barrel for crime rates. Even nowadays most years it will still usually place on the so called "25 most dangerous cities" list consistently, but the city never did or does nothing about it.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Number of posts : 7350
Registration date : 2008-01-19

https://iestreetlife.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:33 pm

You know what now that I actually saw that video it actually looks as if it was pre-fabricated in conjunction with the city officials and PD's of San Bernardino. They aim to make a small scandal and get some negative media attention but come back next year or in a couple of months since things have been quiet. Eventually they will come back with "murder and crime dramatically dropping" headline and make it look like the cities police department actually has a grip on things, thus painting a better picture of those who run the city overall. It's something San Bernardino has been doing for years, along with misreporting crime statistics and murder numbers when the tally goes up.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  American Zombie Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:46 am

The news just get their info from whatever the police say. I never pay too much attention to these stupid little news reports on "crime going down or crime going up" no matter what city...We all know what cities are bad, and some years are worse than others. It gets a little quiet for a while(the cops then start taking all the credit) and then it shoots up later. Look how crime was up almost everywhere in the late 80's and early 90's , then began to drop in the late 90's then went back up...yet in the news report they just say in 99 it was low, then it went up now. Not mentioning the fact the it was extremly high years before 99..
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Number of posts : 6128

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/rothbard62.html

Back to top Go down

Post  all eyes on me Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:51 pm

Dino has always been bad, even back when I was growing up in the Mid 80's. In 2006, Dino was the 25th most dangerous city to live in, in the U.S. The only other Cali cities ahead of Dino, was Compton in So Cal. Oaktown and Richmond in Nor Cal. As far as the media goes, the get their info just like we do, second hand unless WE were there. They will always have a skewd picture of what really goes on. Crime everywhere will always go up and down depending on the Economy.

MOST DANGEROUS 25

1. St. Louis

2. Detroit

3. Flint, Mich.

4. Compton, Calif.

5. Camden, N.J.

6. Birmingham, Ala.

7. Cleveland

8. Oakland, Calif.

9. Youngstown, Ohio

10. Gary, Ind.

11. Richmond, Calif.

12. Baltimore

13. Memphis, Tenn.

14. Trenton, N.J.

15. Richmond, Va.

16. Kansas City, Mo.

17. Atlanta

18. Cincinnati

19. Washington

20. North Charleston, S.C.

21. Reading, Pa.

22. Newark, N.J.

23. Little Rock, Ark.

24. San Bernardino, Calif.

25. Orlando, Fla.

all eyes on me
Soldier

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post  P_LOKO Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:15 pm

NYTE RYDA wrote:You know what now that I actually saw that video it actually looks as if it was pre-fabricated in conjunction with the city officials and PD's of San Bernardino. They aim to make a small scandal and get some negative media attention but come back next year or in a couple of months since things have been quiet. Eventually they will come back with "murder and crime dramatically dropping" headline and make it look like the cities police department actually has a grip on things, thus painting a better picture of those who run the city overall. It's something San Bernardino has been doing for years, along with misreporting crime statistics and murder numbers when the tally goes up.

I agree with what your saying. I've always thought about this scheme. It's the least they can do to actually make it look like their doing their job. Won't be too long till we see SB back on the news, thanking the Smash team, DA's and local PD's for the dramatic drop in the crime rate. I felt this way about the CCC thing and how they decided to all of a sudden wanted to put out an injunction "now"...It's kinda like they knew the Zoo ain't as active as it was back then (with many of the members already moved out), so they wanna use it to their advantage and fool the public into believing that they actually handling business.

Last edited by Paid_In_Full on Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
P_LOKO
P_LOKO
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:23 pm

Exactly.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:25 pm

The list that alleyes posted is the list im talking about. The list is simply based on "crime rates" and mostly nothing to do with murder rates. Basing the list soley on murder rates would change that list dramatically.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  P_LOKO Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:29 pm

MOST DANGEROUS 25

Excuse my ignorance on this one, but it just seems weird to me how a city in Alabama, or South Carolina, or Arkansas can be more "dangerous" than San Bernardino...In my opinion, SB is as dangerous as it gets. But then again, I never visited any of these other States, so I can't really speak on it. I know a lot of these other States are barely starting to get active with the gang banging thing which could be the reason for their rising crime rate. I remember watching the "Hood 2 Hood" dvd that my boy had, they rolled through a lot of the hoods in these cities, I gotta admit some of them did look hella grimy

Last edited by Paid_In_Full on Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:54 am; edited 1 time in total
P_LOKO
P_LOKO
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:18 pm

Like I said this list is based on crime rates, meaning , robberies, assualts, larceny, arsons, rapes etc...its based on petty crime. Also because a city is "higher" on there than a certain place does no necessarily mean its "more dangerous'.

Alabama has Birmingham, which has a high murder rate. Don't be fooled, some of the most depressed and worst ghettos in the US are located in the South.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:23 pm

I'm familiar with more than a few cities on the list. I've personally been around Richmond here in California and I go to Compton on a regular basis, Oakland in and out. From out of state I been to Cleveland and stayed there on a business trip. Cleveland is the most depressing and worst looking place I've seen to date, it makes the ghettos here in Cali look like suburbs.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Drop Out Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:45 pm

NYTE RYDA wrote:I'm familiar with more than a few cities on the list. I've personally been around Richmond here in California and I go to Compton on a regular basis, Oakland in and out. From out of state I been to Cleveland and stayed there on a business trip. Cleveland is the most depressing and worst looking place I've seen to date, it makes the ghettos here in Cali look like suburbs.

THATS WHAT THEY WERE/ARE. ITS NOT LIKE THESE OLDER EAST COAST CITYS THATS BEEN ON THE DECLINE SINCE THE 1800 CALI CITYS DIDNT REALLY START TO BECOME REAL GHETTO TELL AROUND 1940s/50s IMO. LOOK AT COMPTON N WATTS NICE SPOTS IN THE 40s N 50s.

Drop Out
Protective Custody
Protective Custody

Number of posts : 5006
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:06 pm

Compton still looks nice aint nothing really run down about it, I find that Compton, Inglewood and the majority of the Westside of SC to look decent to nice in most spots. The County maintains Compton's streets looking more than decent. As for Watts, there a county area/district of LA so it doesn't profit from the county and it shows. But I still find that there is plenty of manicured areas in and around Watts, especially there main streets, 103rd, most of Central and a few others.

Last edited by NYTE RYDA on Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:10 pm

Other states outside of Cali are dirt cheap and many on the verge of being "poor" by US standards. Its cities in the midwest, down south and east coast that all make ghettos out here look like god sends. When I was in Cleveland all I saw was dark, dirty dilapidated streets with rows and rows of abandoned houses and burnt out lookin buildings.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Drop Out Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:09 pm

I THINK THE FACT THAT CALI GHETTOS ARE NOT AS BAD LOOKN AS THE MID WEST N EAST COAST IS THAT CALI ECONOMY IS THE 5th LARGIST IN THE WORLD(READ THAT SOME WHERE) SO THE HOUSES BUILT OR BEING BUILT ARE IN NICE AREAS N FOR THE MOST PART THESE ABANDONED BULDINGS N HOMES IN THE MID WEST IS FROM BAD ECONOMY...LOOK AT DETROIT...BUT I ALWAYS SAID ITS NOT WHAT THE HOMES LOOK LIKE ITS WHOS LIVING IN THEM.

I REMEBER MY GREAT GRANDPA TELLING ME WHEN HE MOVED HERE CALI IT WAS THE SPOT JUST TO GET AWAY FROM IT ALL, LIKE A PARADISE...PALM TREES,CLEAN OCEANS, N BLUE SKYS THAT WAS BACK IN THE EARLY 1900.

Drop Out
Protective Custody
Protective Custody

Number of posts : 5006
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:39 pm

DICERxOVSBA*BMTLs wrote:I THINK THE FACT THAT CALI GHETTOS ARE NOT AS BAD LOOKN AS THE MID WEST N EAST COAST IS THAT CALI ECONOMY IS THE 5th LARGIST IN THE WORLD(READ THAT SOME WHERE) SO THE HOUSES BUILT OR BEING BUILT ARE IN NICE AREAS N FOR THE MOST PART THESE ABANDONED BULDINGS N HOMES IN THE MID WEST IS FROM BAD ECONOMY...LOOK AT DETROIT...BUT I ALWAYS SAID ITS NOT WHAT THE HOMES LOOK LIKE ITS WHOS LIVING IN THEM.

I REMEBER MY GREAT GRANDPA TELLING ME WHEN HE MOVED HERE CALI IT WAS THE SPOT JUST TO GET AWAY FROM IT ALL, LIKE A PARADISE...PALM TREES,CLEAN OCEANS, N BLUE SKYS THAT WAS BACK IN THE EARLY 1900.

Exactly, your dead on, its all about the economy. We have a very strong economy out here in California. I also read that since the state is the 5th largest economy in the world if the state wanted to it could be like its own country, and that says alot about this state.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  all eyes on me Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:05 pm

Unfortunately, our lovely government could really give a sh*t about blacks and Hispanics dying or killing each other. It's really sad to see our people like this. Sad to say, but it seems that WE (Blacks& Latinos) have embraced the issues instead of trying to solve them. For example; growing up in Dino, we use to get into all kinds of sh*t. I never banged but hung around cats that did.I was very IGNORANT to a lot. We stuff would happen, we would ALWAYS want to blame the police or the White man for everything, instead of taking responsibility for things. I grew up disliking the Police and government for everthing. Then I moved to LA and joined the military shortly after to get away from all the violence (early 90's). One of my best friends when I was in got out and became a cop (CHP) I use to give him sh*t for it. Then one day he broke it down to me! He told me man, "This sh*t is JUST a job." "Why do we blame the cops for everything." And it made me think back upon my youth. I disliked the cops for what? jamming me up when I was doing shit I wasnt suppose to do? What kind of bullsh*t is that? The po po are just like anyone else on the streets, you have some that are cool, and other that really need their ass kicked. The ones that need their ass kicked are the ones that couldnt make the football team, or were the cats that were always getting punked. They swore to get even by getting a badge and trying to flex on society cuz they cant do it without one. But until WE can get over blaming society for shi*t this cycle of violence will never end for us. Hell the cops or the government dont make us go out and steal cars and shoot people. So we shouldnt get pissed at the MAN when we get locked up for shit we do! Be ACCOUNTABLE for you actions! 48% of all black and Lations never graduate from high school. We are already behind in the game from the start, then we complicate things by getting arrested and being put on parole and probation. Then NOBODY want to hire us! The way things are going, it's going to get worse, before it gets better. It's going to be up to US to fix it, not the police, media. or government. Its so funny, I read a lot of these post on this site and streetgangs, there are a lot of intelligent people on here! Hell I cant remember what I did yesterday and most of the cats can tell you sh*t about a million differnt gangs and etc.

all eyes on me
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  all eyes on me Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:12 pm

The stats are based on violent crimes; murder, rape, robbery etc. I know being from Cali we dont like to think there are places that are worse than here. Trust me, Ive been all over when I was in the military, there are so bad places! I was in St. Louis for a bit and the sh*t is terrible out there! Just like I lived up in Nor Cal for 7 years, Oakland, EPA (East Palo Alto), Pittsburg, and Antioch are some pretty bad areas as well. I feel what you guys are saying, if Dino was the size of LA it would be #1 easily...

all eyes on me
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:14 pm

all eyes on me wrote: was the size of LA it would be #1 easily...

The size of a city has nothing to do with these types of list. They measure stats out with the "per capita forumla". The number of crime reported per 100,000. Example whether a city has a million people or 100,000 people if the city with 100,000 has a higher number of crimes with in that 100,000 population ,than the city with a million with out a doubt has more crime and will be ranked higher. It doesn't go by how big or by how small the city is its by how much crimes are in the per capita of 100,000.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:17 pm

Just look at New York city, supposedly one of the safest largest cities in the country but you could never tell that to folks living in the Bronx, Brooklyn, etc....Bottom line, bigger dont equal higher crime rates. Especially when it comes to these list.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  all eyes on me Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:00 pm

That's not what I was saying! I know how they get the statistics per capita! I was referring to a post someone made stating what types of crimes were factored in the criteria.

all eyes on me
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down