Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COLORS (part 2)

+9
Wes88
Drop Out
~OSO~
OldBlue
3l3m3ntal
American Zombie
W.Devil
TumbleWeed
CaliforniaRepublic
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

COLORS (part 2) - Page 2 Empty Re: COLORS (part 2)

Post  TumbleWeed Wed May 30, 2012 2:51 am

Damn....LOL!!! Our good but mentally handi-capped friend Big Arny is back fellas! Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by NYTE RYDA on Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Number of posts : 7350
Registration date : 2008-01-19

https://iestreetlife.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Forum Gawd Wed May 30, 2012 3:31 am

NYTE RYDA wrote:I still laugh whenever I see that seen in the movie when some of them ese's shoot up that house, shit they took like 5 minutes of shooting on that one house LOL. Very unreal. And the alley ways during one of the chases, aint no alley that damn filthy, shit they fit just about every piece of garbage they could find on that one alley for that scene, LOL. Too exaggerated.

fukk yeah alleys are filthy in LA have u been through watts thats the ghetto mans trash can lol!!
Forum Gawd
Forum Gawd
Boss

Number of posts : 4842
Registration date : 2009-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Forum Gawd Wed May 30, 2012 3:32 am

Big Arnold wrote:Maybe you guys should make a movie that fits your generation and your area. You could could cruise around mcdonalds or applebees in skinny jeans, ufc/tapout t shirts, replica tattoos of stars, moons, planets, rice rockets and/or skateboards, play beyonce on the radio, all the while using fake guns to blast that way the crime rate stays low and nobody gets hurt. yay! Colors 2.

hahahahaha lmfao!!!
Forum Gawd
Forum Gawd
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Wed May 30, 2012 3:44 am

BULLET_ache wrote:
NYTE RYDA wrote:I still laugh whenever I see that seen in the movie when some of them ese's shoot up that house, shit they took like 5 minutes of shooting on that one house LOL. Very unreal. And the alley ways during one of the chases, aint no alley that damn filthy, shit they fit just about every piece of garbage they could find on that one alley for that scene, LOL. Too exaggerated.

fukk yeah alleys are filthy in LA have u been through watts thats the ghetto mans trash can lol!!

Not only have I been through Watts, but I've also stayed in Watts for a short period of time in the mid 90's. I stayed with relatives off of century right across from Will Rogers park. Never once did I see any alleys as dirty as the ones portrayed in the Colors movie. It was all Hollywood stuff in Colors. I found vacant lots that had more trash than the alleys I saw! Couches and old mattresses lying around after people dump them, but not mountains of trash either. But you can find that in any type of urban environment. Did you ever see the dead end streets next to the 215 freeway in SB? It looked like a mini land fill. But again, no mountains of trash and debris like in the movies! California ghettos have never been as dirty or decayed like say the south Bronx during the 70's, or Chicago's westside. Our hoods are clean by comparison.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Forum Gawd Wed May 30, 2012 3:47 am

NYTE RYDA wrote:
BULLET_ache wrote:

Not only have I been through Watts, but I've also stayed in Watts for a short period of time in the mid 90's. I stayed with relatives off of century right across from Will Rogers park. Never once did I see any alleys as dirty as the ones portrayed in the Colors movie. It was all Hollywood stuff in Colors. I found vacant lots that had more trash than the alleys I saw! Couches and old mattresses lying around after people dump them, but not mountains of trash either. But you can find that in any type of urban environment. Did you ever see the dead end streets next to the 215 freeway in SB? It looked like a mini land fill. But again, no mountains or trash and debris like in the movies! California ghettos have never been as dirty or decayed like say the south Bronx during the 70's, or Chicago's westside. Our hoods are clean by comparison.

well yeah they did over exaggerate but when i stayed off 110th and mona boulevard in watts im telling you we used to add on to the trash in the alleys lol!!
Forum Gawd
Forum Gawd
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Wed May 30, 2012 3:58 am

LOL. That just reminded me, who remembers the old Arden-Guthries aka Lil Africa before it got tore down? That shit was the filthiest, most nastiest, place in the city. Some of those abandoned duplexes and empty lots turned into the local land fill for the neighborhood...lol. Not surprising when I saw them tear the whole area down.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Forum Gawd Wed May 30, 2012 4:02 am

NYTE RYDA wrote:LOL. That just reminded me, who remembers the old Arden-Guthries aka Lil Africa before it got tore down? That shit was the filthiest, most nastiest, place in the city. Some of those abandoned duplexes and empty lots turned into the local land fill for the neighborhood...lol. Not surprising when I saw them tear the whole area down.

lol i was working for the corps that helped clean those lots up!!!
Forum Gawd
Forum Gawd
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Wed May 30, 2012 4:05 am

Hahaha...I wish I would have taken some pictures before they tore everything down over there. It was a sight to see....
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Wed May 30, 2012 4:09 am

Mountains of trash in ghettos exist! Just not in Cali.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 30, 2012 4:11 am

I bet you can get alot of pics online...that shit was notorious. Circa 2001-03 I was working for Rent A Center. We would deliver in that area and repo in that area on an almost skp a day basis. One time I couldn't tell if someone lived in this unit or not. BACK THEN SOME OF THE UNITS WERE BOARDED UP BELIVE IT OR NOT) so I was finally let in and a woman in some damn lacy nightware was on the couch legs open asking me If I wanted to see her pussy. I mobbed right back out that bitch and ran into her sister who was rushing home to meet me I guess. I told her that the woman inside is trippin! She was like oh thats my sister she probably ain't take her meds today! LOL mannn working for RAC was a trip

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Wed May 30, 2012 4:16 am

niners wrote:One time I couldn't tell if someone lived in this unit or not. BACK THEN SOME OF THE UNITS WERE BOARDED UP BELIVE IT OR NOT)

Yeah, it was that way for YEARS. I remember going through there in the late 80's and 90's and it was exactly the same. That was the slums. Really bad for California standards.

niners wrote:so I was finally let in and a woman in some damn lacy nightware was on the couch legs open asking me If I wanted to see her pussy. I mobbed right back out that bitch and ran into her sister who was rushing home to meet me I guess. I told her that the woman inside is trippin! She was like oh thats my sister she probably ain't take her meds today! LOL mannn working for RAC was a trip

LOOOOOOL!!!!!!!
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 30, 2012 4:46 am

LOL Nyte I worked at RAC with one of your homies from DHB I can't remember his name though. We were partners when I moved to the rialto store off Riverside ave. He was tall about 6'2 and dark skinned (black). He was originally from the South I think but tall and cut not big just cut. I want to say his name started with a D. He was calm then and he was just a few years older than me. I'm 34 so he should be about 36-38 right now. Had a curly top but his sides were cut? I'm talking a chemical curl. Last I saw him he was driving some kind of oxygen tanks on a flatbed...but yeh him and I had alot of experiences

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 30, 2012 4:48 am

Darnell maybe?

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Thu May 31, 2012 1:34 pm

I knew a Darnell that matches your description, but I wasn't around the city during that time so I can't be sure if he's the same one. The Darnell I have in mind moved out of state around late 2004. I don't know if he was originally from the south though. I thought he was originally from San Diego.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 31, 2012 1:50 pm

I'm not extra sure if he's originally from the south I think he always just had a southern look to me because he had beedy eyes and bigger black lips (there actually is no way to put that w/o sounding silly i guess) and I used to stereotype that look as being southern like alabama or missisippi. But I think I remember him saying something about moving out of state and last I saw him was 2004 hmmm maybe? Good times working with that brother. We delivered in Rialto once and it was nothing but girls and we all chilled in the room and smoked a blunt after we put the bedset up. One of the girls was pretty much showing ass and tities but still clothed. she was like 'we can party, but, you know who my man is right?' I was like who? She said "chucky" and your boy was like so and so? (I won't say his full name dude is still in them streets bosslike) and at that point we looked at each other like yup...time to roll this is bad news. Before we could get our shit and pack the truck up...about 5 niggaz come rollin' thru. I knew one of them which is what probably saved us from a confrontation. Because the others were mad dogging and Darnell told me one of them knew he was from DHB because he heard him mumbling under his breath. I heard one of them say "I got that thang thang" but then saw the homie walk in and we immediately showed each other love so the other dudes fell back. They were all from a rialto crew called 25Mafia which i've tried to search for info on here but can't find any. Anyway, just ONE of our RAC experieces...cool brotha...I always have a story..don't trip.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2