Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHY DOES CHICANO RAP NOT TAKE OFF LIKE OTHER RAP STYLOS?

+9
Big Arnold
CaliforniaRepublic
chang
JinkyRctongs
SURCALMEX
W.Devil
P_LOKO
Drunky McThuggerton
Wes88
13 posters

Go down

WHY DOES CHICANO RAP NOT TAKE OFF LIKE OTHER RAP STYLOS? Empty WHY DOES CHICANO RAP NOT TAKE OFF LIKE OTHER RAP STYLOS?

Post  Wes88 Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:37 am

I am an avid hip hop head and have heard a lot of chicano rap some of them fools get down on the mic so wat do u think is the deal wit chicano rap takein off on a larger scale?
Wes88
Wes88
Soldier

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-11-23

Back to top Go down

WHY DOES CHICANO RAP NOT TAKE OFF LIKE OTHER RAP STYLOS? Empty Re: WHY DOES CHICANO RAP NOT TAKE OFF LIKE OTHER RAP STYLOS?

Post  Drunky McThuggerton Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:43 am

Wes88 wrote:I am an avid hip hop head and have heard a lot of chicano rap some of them fools get down on the mic so wat do u think is the deal wit chicano rap takein off on a larger scale?

i think its because most people dont understand what foos be rappin bout...so they dismiss it ass fake..that and cuhz thers soooo many wack wannabes out there makin it look bad for the real true good rappers out there. makin chicano rap look bad...

Drunky McThuggerton
Boss

Number of posts : 5175
Registration date : 2008-06-25

http://2012data.webs.com/theilluminati.htm

Back to top Go down

WHY DOES CHICANO RAP NOT TAKE OFF LIKE OTHER RAP STYLOS? Empty Re: WHY DOES CHICANO RAP NOT TAKE OFF LIKE OTHER RAP STYLOS?

Post  P_LOKO Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:53 am

When people think of Sureno rap, the first thing that comes to mind is the likes of Lil Rob, Capone-E, etc. It's usually the wack dudes that get the fame and all the spins on the radio...sad but true. Those are the ones that fuck up the image for everyone else. All the good rappers out there...always stay underground and never get the fame that they deserve. Motherfuckers these days don't even have an ear for raw lyrics anymore, as long as it has a cool beat and can bump in the club, it's going to be a hit. That's why I stay on the underground tip.
P_LOKO
P_LOKO
Boss

Number of posts : 3824
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post  W.Devil Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:09 pm

these days chicano rappers CANNOT blow up...that gangster shit is NOT what sells anymore...guzzle...west coast city geez...conejo....they wuld never blow up...that music doesnt sell in the mainstream aymore....theres no way it will blow up..even if they were black they most likely wouldnt...the music industry is at an all time low...and there not gonna take chances right now anyways...there gonna keep churning out this bullshit music because dumbass middle school and high school kids...clubs....etc like it and the industry can make money off it...theres not as much money to be made off 'chicano rappers'

chicano rap is diverse as far as skills...you got to sift thru all the bullshit to find the artists that are worth a fuck...capone-e..lil rob...and all that kinda shit WILL NEVER BLOW UP!
W.Devil
W.Devil
UnderBoss

Number of posts : 2977
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post  SURCALMEX Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:53 pm

Yeah now in days mainstream music is wack the lyrics for a song can be "wipe your ass while you walking down the street" and as low as it has a beat that will make all the hainas shake their asses and make them freak dance in the clubs than this song will be a hit in the radio and I believe kids are getting brainwash by the media what ever music the media puts for them on TV or the radio doesnt matter how much garbage it is kids will like it and all these retarded lil songs come with their lil dance that makes these song sell even more like huero said "Gansgta Rap doesn't sell anymore" and this is true I believe that what sells now is sex and bullshit beats with stupid lyrics hard understand that dont make sense and this is why all these good chicano rappers arent blowing up for example Down AKA Kilo got radio play because his song had the lil dance to it leaning like a cholo

Down AKA Kilo's music has changed alot since he first began
From
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
To
SURCALMEX
SURCALMEX
Captain

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes88 Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:37 pm

ok but there are a whole lot of wacc ass blacc rapper that make it too, the fake gangsta blow up too. Yes we kno that lil rob and capone e are the wanksta in chincano rap but let be realistic the are the only one getting major radio play. From the bizness perspective the are makein chicano rap and makin money u feel me

In my opinon i think a lot of the chicano rappers just cant leave the streets alone. There comes a time in your life when you have to grow up and be about the bidness regardless of wat u have been thru. I think a lot of chicano rappers still gangbang and hang on the corner too much so record companys dont wana fucc wit dudes that they guna waste their money on if the get locced up next week.
Wes88
Wes88
Soldier

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  SURCALMEX Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:44 pm

Wes88 wrote:ok but there are a whole lot of wacc ass blacc rapper that make it too, the fake gangsta blow up too. Yes we kno that lil rob and capone e are the wanksta in chincano rap but let be realistic the are the only one getting major radio play. From the bizness perspective the are makein chicano rap and makin money u feel me

In my opinon i think a lot of the chicano rappers just cant leave the streets alone. There comes a time in your life when you have to grow up and be about the bidness regardless of wat u have been thru. I think a lot of chicano rappers still gangbang and hang on the corner too much so record companys dont wana fucc wit dudes that they guna waste their money on if the get locced up next week.

For sure the real ones are still out there in the streets and yeah records companies dont wanna mess with that
SURCALMEX
SURCALMEX
Captain

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post  JinkyRctongs Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:00 pm

Alot of them ive listened to rapped way off beat, which i dont like
JinkyRctongs
JinkyRctongs
Captain

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  chang Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:19 pm

no disrespect but i havent been impressed with the chicano rap i've heard recently , believe it or not i used to like kid frost.....this is por la raza....classic tune, loved cypress hill (for the first 3 albums anyway)
havin said that i'm not impressed with a lot of modern rap full stop.

chang
Soldier

Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post  P_LOKO Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:29 am

I was just reading the paper on Cypress the other day. Says something about him being the Latino with the most sold records...if I remember correctly, 4 of his albums went platinum and one 1 of them went triple platinum.
P_LOKO
P_LOKO
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  CaliforniaRepublic Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:01 pm

Typically, the only "chicano rap" i hear is fools bangin' on tracks and i aint really feelin it. It's old after awhile....
Man, i'm ready for some REAL hip hop. Some NON-materialistic,non-bangin', sophisticated lyricism over a cool ass beat...

I guess, to answer the question as to why its not taking off, i'd say one of two things. One is that it's new and nothing ever jumps off quick. Rap, itself took years to get heard by "mainstream" america. Secondly, chicano rap aint really mainstream ready. The lyrics aint worth two ears most the time and they not coming with nothing unique. They new and everything they coming out with underground has been done a thousand times over. Half them cats need to learn how to rap better first. Just talking about bangin and slangin' aint gone cut it, even though thats whats what in the regular biz of it. Everythiing is materialistic/drug/sex/beef talk over club bangin beats. If you aint coming wit that right now, companys aint trying to hear it.
CaliforniaRepublic
CaliforniaRepublic
Captain

Number of posts : 1763
Registration date : 2008-02-04

https://iestreetlife.aforumfree.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  CaliforniaRepublic Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:14 pm

I've never understood how all these so-called drug dealers is looking for record labels and record contracts to push they shit out when the ONLY difference from a "someone" and a no-one is the distribution company/contract. You out there slangin, start your own company, LLC, sign yourself to your self and get at one of these distributors AFTER you created a lil buzz through the NET, doing small shows/clubs, etc... showing these cats that you can make due. For a percentage, they'll push your shit planet-wide. Use that drug money to do something positive, atleast. I mean, if you got too. Slangin aint right, but you know, its a living.... no different than cigarette companies and hospital-sold drugs.
CaliforniaRepublic
CaliforniaRepublic
Captain

Number of posts : 1763
Registration date : 2008-02-04

https://iestreetlife.aforumfree.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Arnold Sun May 10, 2009 8:39 pm

Some Chicano rappers are aight, like Conejo and Frost. Mostly though, I think the lack of mass appeal is cause there's not a lot of depth and lacks creativity. It seems simplistic or one dimensional. Also it's too serious and goes into gangbanging and killing right away. People don't want to hear that shit, 1000x over. Contrast that with somebody like Tupac, who was multi-dimensional as he had been exposed to many different things in his lifetime--in addition, Pac was well read in such things as classic literature (Machiavelli) and ideas such as those of the killuminati/illuminati, which of course helped his universal appeal.
Big Arnold
Big Arnold
Protective Custody
Protective Custody

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post  JinkyRctongs Sun May 10, 2009 8:43 pm

Them Dollar Figga Eses are good on that video, hopefully they put some more material.
JinkyRctongs
JinkyRctongs
Captain

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  MacWilson9 Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:14 pm

Jinky wrote:Them Dollar Figga Eses are good on that video, hopefully they put some more material.

They are pretty good.. But for the most part Eses rapper are stuck in the 90's there style is not updated..You got to have flows and a personality... If you look at the past, Black music, has always been updated every 5 years..this is going back to the Harlem Renaissance.. Duke Ellington had to stay on point!! Or some other brotha was gonna take his gig.. You had to stay fresh, had to have swagger and you have to have your music game right.. If your shit is wack.. you get clowned.. That is black culture.. If your nice you get love.. Eses may think that the brothas are hating on them for rapping.. that's not true.. We hate on Wack rappers.. if you are wack and happen to be Mexican, its not because your Mexican its because your swagg aint right and your rhymes are dogshit.. its alot of brothas that are wack and they get called on it...

I went to New York for the first time a couple weeks ago.. Latinos and brothas have the same rap style.. they are not saying.. this is Puerto Rican rap or Dominican rap or Cuban Rap.. They understand that rap is Black American music, just like Jazz, just like most Oldies, all Black American music.. Eminem understand that and he is looked at as one of the great lyrics and he is WHITE..

MacWilson9

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Drop Out Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:01 pm

I MUST POINT OUT THESE IS A DIFFERNTS BETWEEN CHICANO RAP N SURENO RAP...I THINK (AND IM A SURENO MYSELF) IS THAT SURENO RAPPERS PUTS POLITICS BEFOR GOOD LYRICS N FLOWS...THIS GOTA CHANGE IF US SURENOS WANNA GET AIR TIME N GET OUR RAPS OUT INTO THE MAINSTREAM...PUT POLITICS ASIDE FOR A MIN.

Drop Out
Protective Custody
Protective Custody

Number of posts : 5006
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  P_LOKO Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:23 am

MacWilson9 wrote:I went to New York for the first time a couple weeks ago.. Latinos and brothas have the same rap style.. they are not saying.. this is Puerto Rican rap or Dominican rap or Cuban Rap.. They understand that rap is Black American music, just like Jazz, just like most Oldies, all Black American music.. Eminem understand that and he is looked at as one of the great lyrics and he is WHITE..

I gotta admit, there's not really any Latino artist from the West Coast that I am feeling at this time...but some Latino dudes (Puerto Rican to be exact) from the East Coast....can fuckin rhyme for days.
P_LOKO
P_LOKO
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  .02 cents Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:53 am

Paid_in_full wrote:
MacWilson9 wrote:I went to New York for the first time a couple weeks ago.. Latinos and brothas have the same rap style.. they are not saying.. this is Puerto Rican rap or Dominican rap or Cuban Rap.. They understand that rap is Black American music, just like Jazz, just like most Oldies, all Black American music.. Eminem understand that and he is looked at as one of the great lyrics and he is WHITE..

I gotta admit, there's not really any Latino artist from the West Coast that I am feeling at this time...but some Latino dudes (Puerto Rican to be exact) from the East Coast....can fuckin rhyme for days.

Old school Proper Dos, Were at it again the album is at least a Chicano Rap Classic. This album was out in the 90's, and to me its still one of the best Chicano rap albums ever made, and one of my overall favorite albums of all time. Any track on there you could listen to. It captures the mood and attitude of Chicano youth living the life during that era. Your no good is an anthem to hoodrats "you got a tat on your back and you roll with a pager, running around town like a motherfucking teenager, scamming and jamming and shit, asking your moms if she can please babysit" Ghetto Baseball is a tight track that uses the game of baseball as a metaphor to life on the streets. Now mind you, I am a fan of Chicano rap, when its good. I admit that I dont listen to most Chicano rappers because most of them are not very good. Some have weak ass albums but have a tight track or two thrown in the mix. Some just suck from beginning to end. And others you can definetly see potential in. Either way, a lot of Chicano rappers dont represent right which ultimately makes all Chicano rappers look bad.
.02 cents
.02 cents
Made Member

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post  MacWilson9 Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:58 pm

Raza Soldado wrote:
Paid_in_full wrote:

Old school Proper Dos, Were at it again the album is at least a Chicano Rap Classic. This album was out in the 90's, and to me its still one of the best Chicano rap albums ever made, and one of my overall favorite albums of all time. Any track on there you could listen to. It captures the mood and attitude of Chicano youth living the life during that era. Your no good is an anthem to hoodrats "you got a tat on your back and you roll with a pager, running around town like a motherfucking teenager, scamming and jamming and shit, asking your moms if she can please babysit" Ghetto Baseball is a tight track that uses the game of baseball as a metaphor to life on the streets. Now mind you, I am a fan of Chicano rap, when its good. I admit that I dont listen to most Chicano rappers because most of them are not very good. Some have weak ass albums but have a tight track or two thrown in the mix. Some just suck from beginning to end. And others you can definetly see potential in. Either way, a lot of Chicano rappers dont represent right which ultimately makes all Chicano rappers look bad.

The Chicano or Ese Rappers from San Diego got some heat!! I heard the Mr. Shadow song wit Sugafree, Shadow came off.. He got major heat and Shadow's lil homies... They held there own wit Sugafree.. Check it out..

MacWilson9

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:01 pm

I agree the ese's from Diego sound good, most aint on the played out banging shit is why I think.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Number of posts : 7350
Registration date : 2008-01-19

https://iestreetlife.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Post  .02 cents Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:43 am

Shadows good, real good, and I like a few of his songs. I also like Knightowl, some lil one tracks, low profile had a tight cd out a while back using a bunch of oldie beats that I would bumb as well. Ill bump damn near anything if I like the song. I used to even bump old school brown intentions, thought they sucked but liked their music, tight beats and funny ass lyrics I would clon, but..., I would still listen and show support. Less likely to bumo not so good artists nowadays. Like Cali Life style, old schoolers in the Chicano rap game, used to bump, less likely too now.
.02 cents
.02 cents
Made Member

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down