Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OLDEST GANGS IN SAN DIEGO???

+10
TumbleWeed
XVXX
Drunky McThuggerton
Forum Gawd
adelitapinks
19DAGO04
NightOwl
wolfman
Ceast
BigPie
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

OLDEST GANGS IN SAN DIEGO??? Empty OLDEST GANGS IN SAN DIEGO???

Post  BigPie Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:27 pm

I HEARD LOGANS PRETTY OLD!!!!
BigPie
BigPie
Wannabe

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-01-24

Back to top Go down

OLDEST GANGS IN SAN DIEGO??? Empty Re: OLDEST GANGS IN SAN DIEGO???

Post  Ceast Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:39 pm

The gang Varrio Logan Heights-RS/30/33/13 isn't as old as some othe SD hoods. The neighborhood is an old Barrio, and there were gangs there, but they didn't rep Logan, they repped their own deal. Those gangs united in the 50's/60's to rep Varrio Logan. Red Steps was suppost to ne the second generation, right after just the "Varrio Logan."

The oldest gangs (they always pop up in street talk/OG history lessons as being the oldest) in SD are;

Varrio Posole in North County (20's/30's)
Otay in the South Bay (20's/30's)
Sidro in the South Bay (20's/30's)
OTNC in the south bay (40's/50's)
ESD13 in East Side (40's/50's)

Logan Heights and Sherman Heights weren't that bad back then (40's/50's), but that they did have gangs named after streets and-funny enough-animals (The Osos, The Coyotes).Logan and Sherman didn't get real bad until the 1960's-when the Red Steps started up. That's when a lot of other San Diego hoods that are around today got crackin too. But, back in the day, there were gangs in most hoods that are around today, but they died off, and were replaced by new ones. Or, the gang died off, and a new generation resurrected the gang, and changed it's name.

Las Palmas(60's)->Vario Palm City (90's)
Anchor Boys (40's)->OTNC (50's)
Chula Vista Locos (50's)->VCV (70's)
Imperial Crazy Gang (60's)->Imperial 13(70's)
Nestor Locos (60's)-> Nestor 19th Street (70's)
Lomita Village Locos (60's)->Lomita 70's (70's)
Linda Vista Tecolotes (60's)->Linda Vista 13 (80's)

Most this stuff can be found at a vato named Lonewolf's webpage, but he took it down.

But one thing for sure, OTNC, Posole, Sidro, Otay always come up as the oldest of the SD gangs. I'm sure Encanto, Shelltown,Market, and Lomas are old too. Probably came up around the Logan days.

Ceast
Associate

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  BigPie Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:14 pm

Ceast wrote:The gang Varrio Logan Heights-RS/30/33/13 isn't as old as some othe SD hoods. The neighborhood is an old Barrio, and there were gangs there, but they didn't rep Logan, they repped their own deal. Those gangs united in the 50's/60's to rep Varrio Logan. Red Steps was suppost to ne the second generation, right after just the "Varrio Logan."

The oldest gangs (they always pop up in street talk/OG history lessons as being the oldest) in SD are;

Logan Heights and Sherman Heights weren't that bad back then (40's/50's), but that they did have gangs named after streets and-funny enough-animals (The Osos, The Coyotes).Logan and Sherman didn't get real bad until the 1960's-when the Red Steps started up. That's when a lot of other San Diego hoods that are around today got crackin too. But, back in the day, there were gangs in most hoods that are around today, but they died off, and were replaced by new ones. Or, the gang died off, and a new generation resurrected the gang, and changed it's name.

Most this stuff can be found at a vato named Lonewolf's webpage, but he took it down.

But one thing for sure, OTNC, Posole, Sidro, Otay always come up as the oldest of the SD gangs. I'm sure Encanto, Shelltown,Market, and Lomas are old too. Probably came up around the Logan days.

damn thats some firme info homie, i didnt no otay was that old, i knew it was pretty old but not that old i got alot of familia from otay!!!!
BigPie
BigPie
Wannabe

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfman Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:16 pm

what'd you wanna know about my blog page of San Diego? it's still there.. i'm just breaking it all down into areas, like south east, south bay, east county, so on and so on, you know, break it down like in L.A.
wolfman
wolfman
Captain

Number of posts : 1811
Registration date : 2009-12-13

http://13radicalriders14.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ceast Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:47 pm

wolfman wrote:what'd you wanna know about my blog page of San Diego? it's still there.. i'm just breaking it all down into areas, like south east, south bay, east county, so on and so on, you know, break it down like in L.A.

Orale! your everywhere homes! You should be called Ghost instead of LW(i get it now...wolfman) cause no one sees you coming! You just pop out of the corner....like: whhhhaaattt.... I been here all the time carnal! Post that shit! Your paginas are firme!

Ceast
Associate

Back to top Go down

Post  BigPie Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:14 am

Ceast wrote:The gang Varrio Logan Heights-RS/30/33/13 isn't as old as some othe SD hoods. The neighborhood is an old Barrio, and there were gangs there, but they didn't rep Logan, they repped their own deal. Those gangs united in the 50's/60's to rep Varrio Logan. Red Steps was suppost to ne the second generation, right after just the "Varrio Logan."

ey so wut neighborhoods r deep or on top right now u think??
BigPie
BigPie
Wannabe

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfman Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:15 pm

OLDEST GANGS IN SAN DIEGO??? NationalCity13
wolfman
wolfman
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Ceast Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:33 pm

wolfman wrote:OLDEST GANGS IN SAN DIEGO??? NationalCity13

NC?

Ceast
Associate

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfman Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:40 pm

that's right ~> National City handsign.. my latest art for the Blog pages
wolfman
wolfman
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  NightOwl Fri May 14, 2010 9:30 pm

damn so otay still around huh? i use to live on tremont between del monte and banner, good old datz! lol
NightOwl
NightOwl

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post  19DAGO04 Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:23 pm

x

Last edited by 19DAGO04 on Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total

19DAGO04
Wannabe

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2010-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfman Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:34 pm

19DAGO04 wrote:Oldest ACTIVE gang: probably a toss up between -OTNC- -VLO- -VSY- -VPLS- I think they all popped up around the same time. OTNC may be older than the 1940's. People just use the 1940's as a time line, cause that's when they were first reported by a newspaper.

Gotta remember, there were gangs in Barrio Logan before Varrio Logan Heights set up. Loads of other gangs that went dead along time ago too. It isn't like the 4 I posted up there where the only gangs until the 1950's. There were Filipino gangs at the turn of the century near "New Town" San Diego (what is Down Town today).

i'm with you on the toss up, BUT.. i don't even think the varrios went by those names back then.. i'm sure the neighborhoods were there, but the gangs were named something else.. Like down in SY, the Coachmen (C.C.) are like the grandfathers of the varrio, with the Enanos as their second generation, and then the rest of the cliques. But the Vultures (Buitres) i was informed were there before the Coachmen.. and the Vultures were the ones who were the real grandpas.. The Coachmen are still around, i mean, their new generations.. they still ride their bombitas around, and they still kick it with their older gente.. that's some firme Raza right there.
wolfman
wolfman
Captain

Back to top Go down

OLDEST GANGS IN SAN DIEGO??? Empty Fac3

Post  adelitapinks Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:49 am

anybody with more info down to chop it????? up face to face ?

adelitapinks
adelitapinks

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-09-26

http://www.pinkink1904.com

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfman Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:29 am

Lol @ a vato named Lonewolf

Ceast used to be a regular at my blog pages, and he was putting down some firme historias about SD varrios, but then he dropped off., don't know what happened to him(?)., i was at the NC library the other day and i found some good material., i'll dig it up later, but the main thing was that OTNC the gang only goes back to the 1950s, so it ain't as old as other gangs.
wolfman
wolfman
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Forum Gawd Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:34 am

wolfman wrote:

Lol @ a vato named Lonewolf

Ceast used to be a regular at my blog pages, and he was putting down some firme historias about SD varrios, but then he dropped off., don't know what happened to him(?)., i was at the NC library the other day and i found some good material., i'll dig it up later, but the main thing was that OTNC the gang only goes back to the 1950s, so it ain't as old as other gangs.

OT National City The Oldest Hood In SD??
Forum Gawd
Forum Gawd
Boss

Number of posts : 4842
Registration date : 2009-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfman Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:38 am

Hood or Gang?

the "barrio" was not known as OT early on., the barrio started getting attracting mexicans since the 1910s, and it was jamming by the 1940s, but it wasn't until the 1950s that the "gang" OTNC came out.
wolfman
wolfman
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Forum Gawd Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:40 am

wolfman wrote:Hood or Gang?

the "barrio" was not known as OT early on., the barrio started getting attracting mexicans since the 1910s, and it was jamming by the 1940s, but it wasn't until the 1950s that the "gang" OTNC came out.

Well Im Pretty Sure In the Old Days Before The Actual Gang Formed When You asked People That Resided There They Would Say Old Town Right?? So Whos Older Them or Logan??
Forum Gawd
Forum Gawd
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfman Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:53 am

they're both about the same time., Logan was not one varrio., i did a thread on that not too long ago., i broke down a little history on both the red steps a.k.a. los cherries, a.k.a. barrio logan, and logan heights., saying barrio logan and varrio logan is not the same thing., varrio logan heights incorporates red steps, treinta, treinta y tres and the later 13 locos, plus lh clika., but barrio logan is solely the red steps., before logan heights got together there were other clubs like the osos and the coyoyes and the cherries and the chicanos and others, they all gave way to the modern varrio logan heights., it was the same thing in old town national city, only that it was kinds backwards, otnc came before the enano boys, the insane boys, the gatos, and the antiguos., old town got its name only after the city decided to target the old barrio as a blighted area and targeted for redevelopment., they went an uprooted la gente and then put up low rent housing for them to move into., old town was the name given to that part of town where the barrio was by the city., the old navy housing complex and the olivewood housing was the og area for otnc., this all came about after world war 2
wolfman
wolfman
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Forum Gawd Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:55 am

wolfman wrote:they're both about the same time., Logan was not one varrio., i did a thread on that not too long ago., i broke down a little history on both the red steps a.k.a. los cherries, a.k.a. barrio logan, and logan heights., saying barrio logan and varrio logan is not the same thing., varrio logan heights incorporates red steps, treinta, treinta y tres and the later 13 locos, plus lh clika., but barrio logan is solely the red steps., before logan heights got together there were other clubs like the osos and the coyoyes and the cherries and the chicanos and others, they all gave way to the modern varrio logan heights., it was the same thing in old town national city, only that it was kinds backwards, otnc came before the enano boys, the insane boys, the gatos, and the antiguos., old town got its name only after the city decided to target the old barrio as a blighted area and targeted for redevelopment., they went an uprooted la gente and then put up low rent housing for them to move into., old town was the name given to that part of town where the barrio was by the city., the old navy housing complex and the olivewood housing was the og area for otnc., this all came about after world war 2

Yeah I kind Of read the Think On Logan Hieghts A While Back... So They All Were Clubs That Joined Together Basically ?
Forum Gawd
Forum Gawd
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfman Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:05 am

i don't see them as joining together, but more like raza from the neighborhood that grew up and faded, but the younger gente got it together., kinda like the vultures from SIDRO., i thought that the Enanos were the first in SY, but the vultures (buitres) are older., the only thing is that the vultures were more crazy club type of people, while the enanos where credited with getting the varrio started., and in-between them are the coachmen., and the coachmen were more like cruisers and rumblers that gave way to the enanos who became more varrio oriented., coachmen are still around with their old and young generation, but they still remain ranfla oriented., bad ass bombitas they got fixed up cruising the calles and hitting them car shows.
wolfman
wolfman
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Forum Gawd Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:09 am

So Basically The Faded Away And They Left Influence That Made The Area Into a Full Blown Varrio.!! So Are Coachmen The Only Ones Still Around??
Forum Gawd
Forum Gawd
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfman Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:12 am

nK SLEP ROCK wrote:So Basically The Faded Away And They Left Influence That Made The Area Into a Full Blown Varrio.!! So Are Coachmen The Only Ones Still Around??

you mean like olden ones still around?

nah, the crazy gang is fully operational, and the yatos i hear still have a representation, the palmas suppodsedly still hold credit with palm city, and del sol has a lot of older gente., that's just my neck of the woods
wolfman
wolfman
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Forum Gawd Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:14 am

wolfman wrote:
nK SLEP ROCK wrote:So Basically The Faded Away And They Left Influence That Made The Area Into a Full Blown Varrio.!! So Are Coachmen The Only Ones Still Around??

you mean like olden ones still around?

nah, the crazy gang is fully operational, and the yatos i hear still have a representation, the palmas suppodsedly still hold credit with palm city, and del sol has a lot of older gente., that's just my neck of the woods

Like Some Of Those Clubs From the Old Days? Like Do anybody from The Heights Claim Any Of These As Clicks or You Know What i mean.?? Do They Still Have Car Shows With These Clubs as Host Thats What i meant.!
Forum Gawd
Forum Gawd
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfman Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:18 am

yeah well you know i havent been hitting much of anything lately., i kinda dropped off the scene altogether., but i got a couple of firme logan homeboy compas that i'll hit up and ask about it., but i don't know how much history they know., i know one of them is og LH13Locos who was breaking down the 13Ls and LHClika history for me, so he's younger than me., the other vato i don't see him that often, but i'll dig up what i can when i can.
wolfman
wolfman
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Forum Gawd Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:38 am

wolfman wrote:yeah well you know i havent been hitting much of anything lately., i kinda dropped off the scene altogether., but i got a couple of firme logan homeboy compas that i'll hit up and ask about it., but i don't know how much history they know., i know one of them is og LH13Locos who was breaking down the 13Ls and LHClika history for me, so he's younger than me., the other vato i don't see him that often, but i'll dig up what i can when i can.

Your Forum Used To Have Alot Of Dudes Postin Shit What happened To them?? They Just Ran Off Huh Lol.!! I used To actually Read Some Of That History shit On SD Varrios.!! i Actually Met A couple Dudes From Younger Varrios Like West gang Nd Diablos dem Dudes Seemed Stuck In The 90s still Talking all Calo Nd Shit... They More Traditional Out There probably.
Forum Gawd
Forum Gawd
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next