Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Red Sox ship Manny to Dodgers

+4
{~Vicente~}
mike909
Shadowplay
Drunky McThuggerton
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Red Sox ship Manny to Dodgers Empty Red Sox ship Manny to Dodgers

Post  Drunky McThuggerton Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:54 pm

Dont know if any of you like baseball. but i bleed dodger blue!!! gotta love this move

Red Sox ship Manny to Dodgers
by Ken Rosenthal
Ken Rosenthal has been the senior baseball writer for FOXSports.com since Aug. 2005. He appears weekly on the FSN Baseball Report and MLB on FOX.

Updated: July 31, 2008, 6:36 PM EST 2155 comments
add this RSS blog email print
Manny won't be Manny for the Red Sox anymore.

Manny Ramirez was traded to the Dodgers in a three-team deadline-beating blockbuster Thursday, sending the disgruntled future Hall-of-Famer out of Boston right as the pennant race starts to heat up.

The Red Sox will receive Pirates outfielder Jason Bay in the deal, while Pittsburgh gets third baseman Andy LaRoche and Class-A right-hander Bryan Morris from the Dodgers and outfielder Brandon Moss and reliever Craig Hansen from the Red Sox.

The Red Sox will pay all of the approximately $7 million remaining on Ramirez's contract.

Ramirez should provide a major boost to the Dodgers' offense, but his arrival will add to the crowd in the Dodgers' outfield, which already includes Andre Ethier, Matt Kemp, Juan Pierre and Andruw Jones.

Moss, Hansen and LaRoche all have played in the majors. Morris, 21, was the Dodgers' first-round pick in 2006.

The deal could significantly tilt the balance of power toward the Dodgers in the hotly contested NL West race. The Dodgers began the day one game behind the Diamondbacks, whose only pre-deadline addition was reliever Jon Rauch.

For the Red Sox, meanwhile, the addition of Bay amounts to a coup, considering their need to replace Ramirez's offense. Bay, who turns 30 on Sept. 20, is six years younger than Ramirez, and his .894 on-base/slugging percentage is nearly as high as Ramirez's .927 mark this season.

What each team got
Team

Players

Manny Ramirez

Jason Bay

Andy LaRoche, Bryan Morris, Brandon Moss, Craig Hansen

The Red Sox also will retain Bay through next season at an affordable salary of $7.5 million. After that, Bay becomes eligible for free agency.

Ramirez will be a free agent at the end of this season. He waived his no-trade clause in exchange for the elimination of the two $20 million club options in his contract.

The Red Sox were fiercely determined to trade Ramirez, whose behavior on and off the field had become a significant distraction in recent weeks. After a proposed three-way trade involving the Marlins collapsed on Thursday, the Dodgers quickly emerged as the leading suitor for Ramirez.

Ramirez paved his way out of town, perhaps intentionally, by a recent series of actions unprecedented even in his checkered history.

"The Red Sox don't deserve a player like me," he said Wednesday in an interview with ESPNdeportes.com. "During my years here I've seen how they have mistreated other great players when they didn't want them to try to turn the fans against them.

MLB trade deadline
Manny Ramirez Latest news:

* Manny to Dodgers in blockbuster
* Reds trade Griffey to White Sox
* Tigers send Pudge to Yankees
* Astros nab Hawkins from Yanks

Analysis:

* Perry: Deadline winners and losers
* Perry: Tigers not surrendering
* Rosenthal: Why no interest in Dunn?

More on the trades:

* VIDEO: Torre ready for Manny
* VIDEO: Dodgers owner talks Manny
* VIDEO: Rosenthal on Teixeira deal

"The Red Sox did the same with guys like Nomar Garciaparra and Pedro Martinez, and now they do the same with me. Their goal is to paint me as the bad guy. I love Boston fans, but the Red Sox don't deserve me. I'm not talking about money. Mental peace has no price and I don't have peace here."

On Sunday, Ramirez criticized the Red Sox, telling ESPNdeportes, "I'm tired of them. They're tired of me."

Two days earlier, he was scratched from the starting lineup when he said his right knee was sore. MRIs later that day on both knees "came back fine," manager Terry Francona said.

Ramirez also knocked down team traveling secretary Jack McCormick in the visitors' clubhouse before a game in Houston when he asked for tickets, the Providence Journal reported.

And he told the Boston Herald during the All-Star break he wanted to know what his situation was and he didn't want the club to "tell you one thing and behind your back they do another thing." Red Sox owner John Henry said he found that "personally offensive."

Ultimately, the Red Sox decided that wasn't worth the power Ramirez brought to the lineup — a .299 batting average with a team-high 20 homers and 68 RBIs this season. For his career in Boston, he was fifth in team history with 274 homers, sixth with 868 RBIs and ninth with a .312 average.

The Red Sox had tried to unload the remainder of his eight-year, $160 million contract after the 2003 season when they placed him on waivers. No team claimed him. Then they tried to trade him for Alex Rodriguez. That didn't work out either.

Now he's taking his slugging to the West Coast. The Dodgers will soon find out if he left his strange behavior behind.

Drunky McThuggerton
Boss

Number of posts : 5175
Registration date : 2008-06-25

http://2012data.webs.com/theilluminati.htm

Back to top Go down

Red Sox ship Manny to Dodgers Empty Come on Manny!

Post  Shadowplay Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:36 am

Oh well. He got a base hit tonight. I'm happy with that. There's more to come. Welcome to LA Manny. Lovin' it like McDonalds
Shadowplay
Shadowplay
Soldier

Number of posts : 270
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Back to top Go down

Red Sox ship Manny to Dodgers Empty Re: Red Sox ship Manny to Dodgers

Post  mike909 Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:18 pm

Manny alredy gots 3 home runs dog

mike909

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post  {~Vicente~} Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:35 am

anyone else smell playoffs?
{~Vicente~}
{~Vicente~}
Soldier

Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2008-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post  SURCALMEX Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:03 pm

hell yeah i can almost smell a freeway world series
SURCALMEX
SURCALMEX
Captain

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post  W.Devil Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:16 pm

well...if its a dodger angel world series....im goin for them angels all the way....
W.Devil
W.Devil
UnderBoss

Number of posts : 2977
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post  SURCALMEX Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:27 pm

thats cool but im still a hardcore dodger fan
SURCALMEX
SURCALMEX
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  W.Devil Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:30 pm

lol im not really a big baseball fan so its whatevers...but i'd want to support a real california..born and bred in this area...

and thats the Angels....

Red Sox ship Manny to Dodgers Los_angeles_angels
W.Devil
W.Devil
UnderBoss

Number of posts : 2977
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post  SURCALMEX Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:45 pm

i understand yeah too bad dodgers started in Brooklyn
SURCALMEX
SURCALMEX
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunky McThuggerton Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:15 am

i support the dodgers all day every day, the were here 20 years before the angels. who cares if the came from brooklyn. the angels sucked since the 70's till recently.

Drunky McThuggerton
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  {~Vicente~} Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:54 pm

LAD EVERYDAY ALLDAY ITS Los Angeles Dodgers
{~Vicente~}
{~Vicente~}
Soldier

Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2008-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunky McThuggerton Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:07 am

Red Sox ship Manny to Dodgers Manny-10

nl west champs, one game up on the cubs....hahahahaha

Drunky McThuggerton
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  SURCALMEX Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:54 pm

Can someone smell a Freeway World Series coming up?
SURCALMEX
SURCALMEX
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  SHYBEEZIE_FASHEEZIE Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:43 am

DTRxLOCOTES wrote:i support the dodgers all day every day, the were here 20 years before the angels. who cares if the came from brooklyn. the angels sucked since the 70's till recently.

u know nothing about baseball i see...

angels were here in 1961... dodgers were here in l.a. in 1958... how is that 20 years???

dodgers have been playin in brooklyn since 1890... learn ur history since u claim u bleed dodger blue... and angels didnt suck... because we made it to the post season in 79... for a new team... thats good... plus we had the ryan express

SHYBEEZIE_FASHEEZIE
Soldier

Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2008-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  SHYBEEZIE_FASHEEZIE Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:48 am

not only do i know about angels history since thats my team

but im an all around baseball fan... and pretty much know every teams history

SHYBEEZIE_FASHEEZIE
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  SURCALMEX Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:11 pm

fuck i was really hoping for a freeway world series but maybe next year it seems like angels get cursed every time they play the Red Sox they where playing so good during the season but don't know what happen to them in the playoffs but go Dodgers hopefully they win
SURCALMEX
SURCALMEX
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunky McThuggerton Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:29 pm

ShyBoy_WExIE wrote:not only do i know about angels history since thats my team

but im an all around baseball fan... and pretty much know every teams history

you went to the post season once and you dont suck. the pirates went to the post season back in the day, so they dont suck. the angels may be good now, but they wernt back than, plus how long did you have nolan ryan, he did all his damage with other teams like the rangers. you guys had a lot of players back in the day, doesnt mean shit cause they were at the end of their carrers. and ya you can say that about the dodgers with nomar and kent and schmidt or evan with andruw jones. but all that matters now is we swept the best team in the n.l. you you guys just got your asses kicked by the wild card team...

Drunky McThuggerton
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  SHYBEEZIE_FASHEEZIE Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:58 pm

DTRxLOCOTES wrote:
you went to the post season once and you dont suck. the pirates went to the post season back in the day, so they dont suck. the angels may be good now, but they wernt back than, plus how long did you have nolan ryan, he did all his damage with other teams like the rangers. you guys had a lot of players back in the day, doesnt mean shit cause they were at the end of their carrers. and ya you can say that about the dodgers with nomar and kent and schmidt or evan with andruw jones. but all that matters now is we swept the best team in the n.l. you you guys just got your asses kicked by the wild card team...

WEVE ONLY BEEN TO THE POST SEASON ONCE??? WEVE WON 7 DIVISION TITLES AND 1 WORLD SERIES IN 02... NOLAN RYAN ENTERED THE BASEBALL HALL OF FAME AS AN ANGEL! NOT AS AN ASTRO OR A RANGER... AS A MA'FUCKIN ANGEL!

SO WHAT IF WE LOST TO THE WILD CARD TEAM... WHEN ANGELS WON THE WORLD SERIES IN 2002... WE WERE A WILD CARD TEAM

SON PLEASE SIT DOWN AND LEMME SCHOOL U ON A SPORT THAT U PRETTY MUCH HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT

SHYBEEZIE_FASHEEZIE
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  SHYBEEZIE_FASHEEZIE Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:05 pm

REAL MA'FUCKIN DIE HARD ANGEL FAN
Red Sox ship Manny to Dodgers L_ffde8b64a2334e1dbe95b165512b6e4e

SHYBEEZIE_FASHEEZIE
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunky McThuggerton Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:35 pm

ShyBoy_WExIE wrote:
DTRxLOCOTES wrote:

WEVE ONLY BEEN TO THE POST SEASON ONCE??? WEVE WON 7 DIVISION TITLES AND 1 WORLD SERIES IN 02... NOLAN RYAN ENTERED THE BASEBALL HALL OF FAME AS AN ANGEL! NOT AS AN ASTRO OR A RANGER... AS A MA'FUCKIN ANGEL!

SO WHAT IF WE LOST TO THE WILD CARD TEAM... WHEN ANGELS WON THE WORLD SERIES IN 2002... WE WERE A WILD CARD TEAM

SON PLEASE SIT DOWN AND LEMME SCHOOL U ON A SPORT THAT U PRETTY MUCH HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT

no clue, he had to retire as an angel. because that was before the hof comittee let you choose. and i doubt a 16 year old can school any body all you know is what you were told, or what you read. besides that, i can give a fuck about angels history...

Drunky McThuggerton
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  SHYBEEZIE_FASHEEZIE Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:09 pm

homie im 21 years old... i aint no lil 16 year old... especially since ive been playin this sport since i was 4

same rules apply to lil league as they do in major league... a few things different... but my pops schooled my on everything there is to know bout baseball... that and my cousin used to be a pitcher for the dodgers

SHYBEEZIE_FASHEEZIE
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  SHYBEEZIE_FASHEEZIE Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:13 pm

DTRxLOCOTES wrote:
no clue, he had to retire as an angel. because that was before the hof comittee let you choose. and i doubt a 16 year old can school any body all you know is what you were told, or what you read. besides that, i can give a fuck about angels history...

OK BUT NOT ALL HALL OF FAMERS WERE ENTERED INTO THE HALL OF FAME... FROM THE LAST TEAM U PLAYED ON

SHYBEEZIE_FASHEEZIE
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunky McThuggerton Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:06 pm

its all good homeboy, im just sayin, people say they support the angels cause there origanally from la. but were only there for a couple of years, not even five i think. and hate on the dodgers cause they came from brooklyn. shit dont matter to me, its been said before, it aint where your from but where your at. if i were born in la lived there for five years than moved to anahiem and been there for 30 + years, i wouldnt be claimin la. now if your an angel fan cause your pops was an angel fan than thats all good. i just dont like it when people talk about rooting for homegrown fans in la. only the kings are homegrown and still are in la...

Drunky McThuggerton
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunky McThuggerton Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:07 pm

oh, and those two soccer teams..lol

Drunky McThuggerton
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  SHYBEEZIE_FASHEEZIE Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:49 pm

dodgers got lucky tonight cause phillies pitchin was off... especially since u put in a 45 year old pitcher to start in the nlcs... and cause hes throwin 85 mile an hour meat balls lol

SHYBEEZIE_FASHEEZIE
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next