Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The most dangerous religion of ALL.

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The most dangerous religion of ALL. - Page 2 Empty Re: The most dangerous religion of ALL.

Post  American Zombie Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:58 pm

jennierock wrote:I had a professor say anarchy is what those in power tell the weak to scare them. 

I figured, but I'm foggy today.

Yeah, anarchy has a negative connotation. Not by accident, I don't think.

Which is why a lot of anarchists prefer "anti statism", "voluntarism", and market anarchism. And there's also different kinds of people calling themselves anarchists, many of them Left wing commies.
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Number of posts : 6128
Registration date : 2008-01-19

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/rothbard62.html

Back to top Go down

The most dangerous religion of ALL. - Page 2 Empty Re: The most dangerous religion of ALL.

Post  Guest Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:07 pm

CauseItsReal wrote:
jennierock wrote:I had a professor say anarchy is what those in power tell the weak to scare them. 

I figured, but I'm foggy today.

Yeah, anarchy has a negative connotation. Not by accident, I don't think.

Which is why a lot of anarchists prefer "anti statism", "voluntarism", and market anarchism. And there's also different kinds of people calling themselves anarchists, many of them Left wing commies.
Let's talk market anarchism. 

Say every person decided not to pay their home loans or rent. I mean EVERY person. What would they really be able to do?

Like that?

I took a class focusing on this. I think I will have to get my book out when I get back home and reread it.

Back to top Go down

Post  American Zombie Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:14 pm

Market anarchy isn't about having no rules or laws. It just means that the market system(trade and voluntary exchange of goods and services) is how we operate and interact with one another, rather than using force to get what we want( taxing one group to give money to another group, putting people in jail for having the wrong peice of vegetation in their pocket).

With private property, people will make agreements with contracts and if they decide not to follow them, then they have to deal with whatever consequences were agreed upon beforehand.
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:26 pm

Okay, that makes sense. 

But seriously, what would happen if people stopped paying their mortgage? They couldn't evict every person, in every home in America.

I ask because in order for the system you are discussing, would require a huge uprising and basically a revolution. Right? We would have to start somewhere.

Back to top Go down

Post  ArabicThug Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:32 pm

Nyte Kay isn't trying to say it shouldn't be preached. What he was indicating to is that its pointless to believe in that type of system because it is pretty much the equivalent of believing in one of the Major Religions. You, me, and everybody knows that a peaceful system where people were morally correct, and people could govern themselves peacefully with out corruptness is impossible. You're pretty much preaching peace in the name of Anarchism just like Christianity, Islam, Judaism, and Buddhists preach peace in the name of their Higher Being.

What most people fail to realize is that everybody has a belief system that is pretty much a religion. Science, Statism, Anarchism is all pretty much a religion. Why? Look up the definition of Religion ;an interest, a belief, or an activity that is very important to a person or group. Anarchism is cognizably your belief system since you preach it unceasingly, so its pretty much your religion.

When you preach this peace its the equivalent of preaching the prophecy of New Jerusalem. Its not impossible, but while Humans remain as immorally corrupt as they are it is not possible. What sudden change will happen to people to bring peace. What correct speech, demonstration, revolt, etc would change the world? Are you awaiting the Messiah of Anarchism or perhaps its version of Simon Bolivar? Like I said if Anarchism is your belief you should pretty much just choose a religion. The only difference between Anarchism, and Mainstream Religions is that they believe in a higher power, while you remain skeptical of the supernatural.

Sorry if I came out as a facetious little prick, but that's just exactly what I am....

Jenniecocks, When you say posted that quote I actually giggled at the irony of that quote... 

ArabicThug
Wannabe

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2012-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:14 pm

Jenniecocks. Original and so insulting.  Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Forum Gawd Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:26 pm

jennierock wrote:Jenniecocks. Original and so insulting.  Rolling Eyes
Why don't you just clown back? mad
Forum Gawd
Forum Gawd
Boss

Number of posts : 4842
Registration date : 2009-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:37 pm

Nyte Kay wrote:
Here...

Q. Have you ever seen a jackass wrapped in plastic? 

A. Show me your license.

Back to top Go down

Post  ArabicThug Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:08 am

jennierock wrote:
Nyte Kay wrote:
Here...

Q. Have you ever seen a jackass wrapped in plastic? 

A. Show me your license.
facepalm r u serious? me gusta snooppalm :fuqouttahere:

ArabicThug
Wannabe

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2012-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post  American Zombie Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:46 am

I forgot to respond to this thread...
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:15 pm

Well...

Back to top Go down

Post  Forum Gawd Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:17 pm

The most dangerous religion of ALL. - Page 2 843825486
Forum Gawd
Forum Gawd
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Forum Gawd Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:24 pm

Forum Gawd
Forum Gawd
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum