Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Central Coast is poppin right now

+8
TumbleWeed
Drunky McThuggerton
SHYBEEZIE_FASHEEZIE
all eyes on me
IE4LIFE
Drop Out
P_LOKO
.02 cents
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Central Coast is poppin right now - Page 2 Empty Re: Central Coast is poppin right now

Post  .02 cents Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:11 pm

Second jury trial ends in murder conviction for Salinas man
Jury finds Salinas man, 19, is guilty in 2007 gang-related slaying
BY SUNITA VIJAYAN • svijayan@thecalifornian.com • February 27, 2009

Read Comments(5)Recommend (1)Print this page E-mail this article Share Del.icio.us
Facebook
Digg
Reddit
Newsvine
Buzz up! In the end, a Salinas man’s boyish looks could not sway jurors from convicting him of first-degree murder.

Jurors rendered the guilty verdict Thursday morning against 19-year-old Alexis Aguilar in the March 4, 2007 shooting death of Jose Mexicano Jr.

The slaying took place in front of Mexicano’s son, then 10 years old, on the 900 block of Acosta Plaza in Salinas.

“It’s hard to look at somebody and see that they could do something evil,” one juror said after the sentencing. “He’s such a sweet-looking man.”

The verdict followed three days of deliberations. It was the second murder trial for Aguilar, whose first trial ended in a hung jury.

Aguilar’s conviction Thursday included enhancements for using a firearm and committing a crime for the benefit of a criminal street gang.

He faces 53 years to life in prison when he’s sentenced March 26.

“It’s very difficult to have a fair trial in a gang case,” said defense attorney Allan Kleinkopf, referring to the large amount of evidence admissible in these types of cases. “I think the jury worked very hard, but I’m very disappointed.”

In August, Monterey County Superior Court Judge Timothy P. Roberts declared a mistrial after jurors were unable to reach a verdict on the murder charge and some related charges. In that trial, however, he was convicted of participating in a street gang.

“We were very, very close the first time,” said Deputy District Attorney David Rabow. “There was a lot of hard work to present a very coherent case for the jury.

“The evidence was fairly overwhelming in regard to his involvement.”

Some jurors said they based their guilty verdict mainly on testimony from two witnesses placing Aguilar at the scene, as well as Mexicano’s son’s statement from the previous trial.

Outside the courtroom, Mexicano’s family members exchanged hugs and smiles. They declined to comment.

After the verdict was read by the court clerk, the judge invited the jurors to stay and listen to a statement from Aguilar. Just a few jurors remained.

“I just want to thank you guys,” Aguilar said. “I … don’t have too much words …. Just good job and all.”
.02 cents
.02 cents
Made Member

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Central Coast is poppin right now - Page 2 Empty shits cracking

Post  .02 cents Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:22 pm

theres been a lot in the news about a northener who killed a southerner last year in front of his kid within the last couple of weeks, and all of a sudden that area has been a straight hot spot. I dont know if its retaliation by southsiders or if the northerners are trying to keep their hood on lock. either way, it can be easily argued that this is just one example of how putting out names of hoods, which gives a hood fame, only makes things worse. can the media be held accountable for instigating more violence? it sells more papers, I know i'm interested but it also possibly creates more violence.

this type of media hype is similar to the whole mexican vs black nonsense, getting both sides more fueled up. no doubt that those in the game are going at it, different race-same race, it doesn't matter, but the more you publicize it, the more others use that as a reason to create more violence, que no.

what do you all think???
.02 cents
.02 cents
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Central Coast is poppin right now - Page 2 Empty Re: Central Coast is poppin right now

Post  Drop Out Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:43 pm

DO THE SNORTS EVER GO AT IT WITH EACHOTHER UP THERE OR ARE THEY UNITED TO FIGHT OFF SOUTHSIDERS?
SEEMS LIKE THE NEWS FOUND A NEW HOT SPOT TO REPORT ON..SEEMS LIKE THEY ARE REPORTING ON EVERY MURDER THAT TAKES PLACE THERE WHEN SPOTS DOWN HERE GET NO PLAY WITH IT COMES TO GANG MURDERS FROM THE NEWS.

Drop Out
Protective Custody
Protective Custody

Number of posts : 5006
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  .02 cents Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:09 pm

DICER wrote:DO THE SNORTS EVER GO AT IT WITH EACHOTHER UP THERE OR ARE THEY UNITED TO FIGHT OFF SOUTHSIDERS?
SEEMS LIKE THE NEWS FOUND A NEW HOT SPOT TO REPORT ON..SEEMS LIKE THEY ARE REPORTING ON EVERY MURDER THAT TAKES PLACE THERE WHEN SPOTS DOWN HERE GET NO PLAY WITH IT COMES TO GANG MURDERS FROM THE NEWS.

They do. u got estrellas from salinas who go at it with other snorts from catroville, a small town over-big rivaly, something like chino-pomona, only castroville is way smaller and the same county. i heard they got beef with san jose fools too, a big city buster city, kind of like a smaller ie city known for kicking up dust going at it with bigger city snort hoods, similar to onta-vs LA city fools thinking their hard and what not. On the salinas calles, I m pretty sure they normally have beef as well, but i dont know any busters so i couldnt tell you for sure. right now though, its pretty crazy so maybe its one of those "if you a snort and we aint got personal beef, u get a pass" type deals you know.

As for the media, Its small over here, and per capita whats going on is BIG. Its not like down south up here, over here, you get one town, farms and another town, farms, and another town. Salinas is the big city out here and its not pushing more than 150k residents, if that many. Think of it cracking like this in ontario, but no other cities at all were near, your isolated by farm outskirts at the edge of the city. Small city, big crime, right now at least
.02 cents
.02 cents
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PAPER'D_UP Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:44 am

I live in Sac-Town now and its cool.. People are a lot more laid back, the banging is not as active.. Its more of a Pimpin and Mackin vibe up this way for the 25 and up crowd. They are more focused on the ladies and getting money.. Sacramento, San Francisco and Oakland is were they host a lot of player balls.. Its just a mackish vibe out here.. I love Southern Cali, but Northern Cali is really easy to get a career started and become successful. So yea its like a different state..

SURCALMEX wrote:Is it me, or does it feel really different up there than down here, when ever I go up north I feel like im in another state it feels different in southern cali

PAPER'D_UP
Wannabe

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-11-25

Back to top Go down

Post  .02 cents Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:17 pm

Raza Soldado wrote:Here is a link to the shit going down in Salinas Ca

http://news.salinaspd.com/

More dead youngsters, what a shame. This time, they shot three and killed two.
.02 cents
.02 cents
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  all eyes on me Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:59 am

Damn, Its been a minute since Ive been back up to the Bay. I see Salinas is still jumping. 10 murders already this year...

all eyes on me
Soldier

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Mothra Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:05 pm

SFxSTONER wrote:The weekend of Feb. 14th I was up in San Luis Obispo. Didn't see any fools around though. Anyone know what's up with Santa Maria? I hear there's a lot of shit going on there, but don't know if they're claiming to be nortenos or what. I think it's too far south for that, to be honest.

Anyway SLO is a cool place to kick back, especially during the summer when it's hot as fuck down here. Our room was $47 a night at the Travelodge downtown, by all the bars.

San Luis Obispo there aint shit up there. If you find any I bet theyre small as fuck and probably white kids with nothing better to do. Thats a college town, and those that arent college kids are the rich uppity hippies that go out to the wine festivals there all the time. When I moved from Ontario in 95 I moved up to Santa Maria.
Those kids got balls but I laughed at em up there when I compared em to some surenos from Onterio or Fontana.
Theres two hoods there, or at least there was when I last lived there in 99. There was a Northwest and a Southwest but really that towns too fucking small to have more than one hood.

Im in Ventura and they consider this the central coast.. Central cali I would think is more inland like Bakersfield and shit but were right along the lines of all that its just east of us.
Were barely above the LA county line so were kinda in between being the southland and the start of central cali... Nobody really knows what to call this place heh.

Mothra
Associate

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Central Coast is poppin right now - Page 2 Empty Girl got shanked in the abdomen

Post  .02 cents Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:56 am

Salinas Police Department News
Return to MAIN
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robbery & Assault with a Deadly Weapon
Release Date/Time: 7/1/2009 11:25 PM
Incident: Robbery & Assault with a Deadly Weapon
Report #: 09-070043
Date: Wednesday, 7/1/2009
Time: 4:54 PM

A 54-year-old female, who was in a wheelchair, and her 30-year-old daughter were walking northbound on Lodge Lane. As the two were walking a Hispanic male adult, approximately 25-years-old, 5-8/medium build with a goatee wearing a black zip up hooded sweatshirt, white tee shirt and blue jeans approached the two females and demanded money while brandishing a pocketknife. The suspect grabbed a hold of the 54-year-old victim’s purse and when the victim resisted, the suspect cut the purse strap. The suspect took control of the purse and removed an undisclosed amount of cash. The 30-year-old daughter attempted to intervene and began to wrestle with the suspect. During the tussle, the 30-year-old victim received a single, minor puncture wound to her abdomen. The suspect fled southbound on Lodge lane. The 30-year-old female was transported by ambulance to a local hospital. Her injury does not appear to be life threatening.

Investigation into the matter continues and anyone with information is encouraged to contact the Salinas Police Department at (831) 758-7250 or if they wish to remain anonymous they may call the anonymous crime tip-line at (831) 775-4222, We-Tip at 1(800) 78-CRIME, or text information to the Text Tip Line with the code “SPD831” to “847411.”

Release Authorized by: Trevor Iida, Commander
Telephone: (831) 758-7250

» Back to Main

I know it aint right but that shit just sounded funny to me lol, I can imagine her wrestling with some dude and getting poked real quick, like hey, you can't do that, Ima girl. Anyways, guy who did this must be a real big man stealing from ladies in a wheelchair and all and having to stab a woman in the stomach.

.02 cents
.02 cents
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Central Coast is poppin right now - Page 2 Empty A double homicide now, what a shame...

Post  .02 cents Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:21 pm

.02 cents
.02 cents
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Central Coast is poppin right now - Page 2 Empty And another one, 19 murders now in a relatively small ass town.

Post  .02 cents Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:30 am

Raza Soldado wrote:http://news.salinaspd.com/

Is there anything that anyone can do to stop the violence? (honest question, not trying to be rhetorical)

Me not being from up here, all I see is raza killing raza. I know it happens everywhere, and where I'm from, a lot of times its tolerated because, that's just how it is, too much blood has been shed is the mentality. But not being from here, not knowing the reasons behind the beefs, these knuckleheads are out here popping eachother left and right. I got a little homie who just got hit not to long ago, and he stopped banging years ago, he was just trying to do his thing and haters came at him trying to earn stripes.

Is there really anything any ONE person, espescially not from the city/town/area itself can do? I feel like I should be doing something, but what I dont know. Any suggestions?
.02 cents
.02 cents
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Central Coast is poppin right now - Page 2 Empty ANOTHER YOUNGSTER DIED LAST NIGHT

Post  .02 cents Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:18 pm

Raza Soldado wrote:http://news.salinaspd.com/

Homicide Arrests
August 5, 2009 9:00 a.m.

On August 4, 2009 at approximately 8:00 p.m. Andres Chavarin, age 17, was shot and killed at his residence in the 700 block of Yucatan Way, Salinas. Salinas police officers responded to a report of a victim of shooting. Officers found Chavarin lying in the front yard of his residence suffering from several gunshot wounds. He was transported by ambulance to Natividad Medical Center where he was pronounced dead shortly after arriving at the emergency room.

Additional officers responding to the area were contacted by witnesses who reported that a white Ford F-250 pickup truck, occupied by the shooter and a driver, had fled the scene. Immediately after the shooting additional witnesses directed officers into a mobile home park located in the 1200 block of Rider Avenue. Officers found a white Ford F-250 pickup truck driven by Jorge Luis Meza Ruiz, age 22, and occupied by Raul Lopez, age 19, both of Salinas. Officers conducted a traffic stop and detained the two suspects. After additional investigation by officers and detectives, both suspects were arrested for homicide with gang enhancements and they were booked into Monterey County Jail. Mr., Chavarin is the 20th homicide in the City of Salinas this year.
.02 cents
.02 cents
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Central Coast is poppin right now - Page 2 Empty Salinas led state in percentage of gang-linked killings

Post  .02 cents Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:17 pm

All 20 Salinas homicides in 2009 have been gang-related...

http://www.thecalifornian.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/200908060505/NEWS01/908060305

good article, interesting fact:

At a glance
Salinas homicide totals by year:

2009 20 (through Aug. 4)

2008 25 (highest in the city's history)

2007 14

2006 7

2005 7

2004 20

2003 18

1994 24 (previous high)

By the numbers
2008 homicide rates per 100,000 residents, for California cities with 90,000 or more in population:
1. Compton 28.2
2. Oakland 27.1
3. Richmond 25.8
4. Salinas 16.4
5. San Bernardino 15.6
6. Pomona 12.2
7. San Francisco' 11.5
8. Rialto 11.0
9. Inglewood 10.9
10. Vallejo 10.7
11.Sacramento 10.2
12. Santa Maria 9.7
13. El Monte 9.5
14. Los Angeles 9.4
15. Modesto 8.6

Source: California Gang Reduction, Intervention and Prevention
.02 cents
.02 cents
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  .02 cents Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:19 pm

I didnt know rialto was kicking up that much dust, I knew shit was going down but they made top 10 in Cali...
.02 cents
.02 cents
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:04 pm

Yeah those numbers tend to fluctuate every year and the fact remains that you can't accurately measure murder rates mid-way through a year, or with out considering the populations of some of these cities. Anyhow as far as Rialto goes, it used to have homicide rates three times the national average in the early to mid 90's. And San Bernardino has consistently been among the "25 worst" in the nation for a couple decades now, though fortunately it has been on the decline for the past 2 years. In this decade, 05' had the murder per capita at 31 per 100,000, it's obviously dropped since. The same happened in other places like Compton and Richmond, these things fluctuate yearly, but the usual suspects are always present.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Number of posts : 7350
Registration date : 2008-01-19

https://iestreetlife.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2