Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

favorite lyricist.

+5
SURCALMEX
alfonzemefesto
P_LOKO
TumbleWeed
W.Devil
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

favorite lyricist. - Page 3 Empty Re: favorite lyricist.

Post  Drunky McThuggerton Thu May 21, 2009 9:30 pm

NYTE RYDA wrote:
Raza Soldado:
Number of posts: 102
Registration date: 2008-10-30

Raza Soldado aside from all this.... LOL! Before Raza responded to me his "reputation" was at a 7 I believe. Damn DT, you funny style homie. You going on a online forum "rep" binge. Mindlessly raising/lowering them at will. Reminds me of youtube.

lol.. i just got back on vato loco..want me,and why you payin so much attention to that lil rep thing anyways?

Drunky McThuggerton
Boss

Number of posts : 5175
Registration date : 2008-06-25

http://2012data.webs.com/theilluminati.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Thu May 21, 2009 9:36 pm

u finna die wrote:
NYTE RYDA wrote:
Raza Soldado:

Raza Soldado aside from all this.... LOL! Before Raza responded to me his "reputation" was at a 7 I believe. Damn DT, you funny style homie. You going on a online forum "rep" binge. Mindlessly raising/lowering them at will. Reminds me of youtube.

lol.. i just got back on vato loco..want me,and why you payin so much attention to that lil rep thing anyways?

LOL!! I hope your joking about paying attention to the rep ranker. Miss me with that nonsense. "Someone" in here obviously seems to be fascinated by it, I can careless, I didn't even realize what it was until mid-way through this topic.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Number of posts : 7350
Registration date : 2008-01-19

https://iestreetlife.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunky McThuggerton Thu May 21, 2009 9:41 pm

NYTE RYDA wrote:
u finna die wrote:
NYTE RYDA wrote:
Raza Soldado:

LOL!! I hope your joking about paying attention to the rep ranker. Miss me with that nonsense. "Someone" in here obviously seems to be fascinated by it, I can careless, I didn't even realize what it was until mid-way through this topic.

than why you cryin bout it?...lolk

Drunky McThuggerton
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Drop Out Thu May 21, 2009 9:53 pm

NYTE RYDA
Positive votes received : 6
Negative votes received : 5
Thanks received : 1
Positive votes given : 10
Negative votes given : 10

Thanks given : 2

YA CUZ ITS NOT LIKE YOU USE THE "REP" BUTTON OR ANYTHING RYDA LOL.

Drop Out
Protective Custody
Protective Custody

Number of posts : 5006
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  .02 cents Fri May 22, 2009 12:39 pm

NYTE RYDA wrote:
Raza Soldado wrote:
NYTE RYDA wrote:
Raza Soldado wrote:Anyways, quick question kyte, why did you only list Chicano rappers in your list of "tight lyricists?"

Aside from the joke, why would I list the usual suspects? lil wayne, solja boy etc...How many times has that been played out on here. DT counter attacked the list (like I expected) by placing them anyways. You see I view music by it's content not by generalizing it or ethical categorization. Rap is rap regardless if it's black, white, asian, latino, and first and foremost it's rap, it's music! I think Yall look at it as a color thing like Chicano rap is something separate to the genre when it's not.

Again, no harm here, and it was rebuttled, the rebuttle was also understood, I was just curious why you popped it off. No big deal, if it was to cause controversy, more power to you, i hope you received the reaction you wanted. I guess being Chicano, I noticed really quick they were all Chicano rappers, bad Chicano rappers, with the exception of Conejo and maybe lil rob. But again, merely an observation. Like if I was a white guy who said that all the "tight hockey players" and just mentioned black cats, Im pretty sure Id get a reaction. You did, and in this forum you can, its pretty safe here, almost everyone knows everyone in an online fashion so no worries. I was just curious as to why you only mentioned Chicano rappers.

Now on a side note, it can be argued that there is an obvious racial undertone seeping through some of our posts here, by many of our community members, not just you and DT, I myself am one of them. U FINNA DIE is one of my new favorite sayings, and it's is definetly not commonly heard coming from young Chicanos who grow up in Latino neighborhoods, lets be honest. But as long as we stay respectful, a little fun never hurt nobody. But the key word is respect. You Kyte never said anything disrespectful, but play how you like to be played with, and that's to everyone on here. No getting butt hurt if thats how you play.

Anyways, my $0.02 again

Rebuttal? With all respect, are we having some kind of large scale formal debate here or something? LOL. Bruh it's not that deep.....you like DT , have completely pulled things out of context, your "$0.02" regarding the matter of this forums commonly used antics is limited, basing that on your considerably shorter time spent on this forum as opposed to DT. And while your correct in saying that their is a certain amount of "racial" jabs being taken in here on a daily basis, you can't base your assumptions about what level of "racial" undertones are being thrown out here by casually reading through certain topics and picking and choosing instances that suit what your trying to justify as 'racial". Why? because most of that kind of stuff, typically goes unnoticed in here due to the playful manner in which it's used. As of late I've noticed a specific member in here taking things out of context regarding such things, and I've already mentioned the reason behind posting this specific list, which is obviously getting under the skin to those who willfully reject the joke and want to take it to a color issue. I can't be more specific as to how I view things, it is what is.

But the key word is respect

Agreed, the line is their don't cross it.

Yes rebuttal. I wasn't aware that you needed to be in a large scale formal debate to have a counter argument. Would you prefer I said your point was countered, or someone responded. How would you like me to reply, dare I say rebuttal to your comment. I've seen you REBUTTAL many peoples opinion on this site, and it's funny to see how you come at em, all ghetto intellectual and shit. Funny primarily because we have similar styles. But now that a BIG word like Rebuttle comes at you, its played off as a big word with no need in such an informal conversation. GTFO of here, cut it out, who you trying to play Kyte. Im not clalidades, you dont need to have things dumbed down for you, you know what time it is. Last time I checked, two people can have a conversation with rebuttals without needing a fox news moderator. Lets be real here, its not that deep, never was that deep, and most likely will not be that deep. Are you mad cause you got asked a question? Are you mad because I stated my 0.02 cents. I dont think you are. You probably had a bad day and thought, well let me get intellectual on some forum members. I laugh at your "basing that on your considerably shorter time spent on this forum as opposed to DT" that shits funny to me.I wish I had that gif saying "YOU MAD" right here. But who cares. Be lucky that somebody somewhere even cares to reply or respond or question anything you have to say. Who are you, some guy on a forum, just like me, or am I somehow less because I dont have as many posts as DT. And it doesnt take a genius to notice the racial undertones going on here, but it seems like its cool, which is cool. As long as fools aint on here talking about n'rs and wetb's, everybody seems all good, and thats how it should be. Similar to the real world. Everybody has a little racism in them, how can you not if you have grown up at least a little disadvantaged. Were bred that way, but when we can recognize and respect, and still have a little fun playing around, that makes us better people. It might go unnoticed by you, but I see that shit pretty clearly. I am not a big fan of racism, but I know it exists and I like to see it when it happens, so I can recognize it, so I can combat it if need be, so I can be a better person. How you going to call someone out on jokes when your that type of person on this forum. In this community you pointed out the type of person that you are also portrayed as. The worst part about it is, that you REALLY might not know it. In that case it might be time for self reflection, because believe me Kyte,its really, really, not that deep.

My 0.02
.02 cents
.02 cents
Made Member

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Sat May 23, 2009 1:56 pm

Raza Soldado wrote:Yes rebuttal. I wasn't aware that you needed to be in a large scale formal debate to have a counter argument. Would you prefer I said your point was countered, or someone responded. How would you like me to reply, dare I say rebuttal to your comment. I've seen you REBUTTAL many peoples opinion on this site, and it's funny to see how you come at em, all ghetto intellectual and shit. Funny primarily because we have similar styles. But now that a BIG word like Rebuttle comes at you, its played off as a big word with no need in such an informal conversation. GTFO of here, cut it out, who you trying to play Kyte. Im not clalidades, you dont need to have things dumbed down for you, you know what time it is. Last time I checked, two people can have a conversation with rebuttals without needing a fox news moderator. Lets be real here, its not that deep, never was that deep, and most likely will not be that deep. Are you mad cause you got asked a question? Are you mad because I stated my 0.02 cents. I dont think you are. You probably had a bad day and thought, well let me get intellectual on some forum members. I laugh at your "basing that on your considerably shorter time spent on this forum as opposed to DT" that shits funny to me.I wish I had that gif saying "YOU MAD" right here. But who cares. Be lucky that somebody somewhere even cares to reply or respond or question anything you have to say. Who are you, some guy on a forum, just like me, or am I somehow less because I dont have as many posts as DT. And it doesnt take a genius to notice the racial undertones going on here, but it seems like its cool, which is cool. As long as fools aint on here talking about n'rs and wetb's, everybody seems all good, and thats how it should be. Similar to the real world. Everybody has a little racism in them, how can you not if you have grown up at least a little disadvantaged. Were bred that way, but when we can recognize and respect, and still have a little fun playing around, that makes us better people. It might go unnoticed by you, but I see that shit pretty clearly. I am not a big fan of racism, but I know it exists and I like to see it when it happens, so I can recognize it, so I can combat it if need be, so I can be a better person. How you going to call someone out on jokes when your that type of person on this forum. In this community you pointed out the type of person that you are also portrayed as. The worst part about it is, that you REALLY might not know it. In that case it might be time for self reflection, because believe me Kyte,its really, really, not that deep.

My 0.02

Long post, I might just do the same. I enjoyed reading it but, you should have spared yourself the time here. Considering that you too recognize that it's not that "deep", all this nonsense was out of pocket, especially your attempts at trying to clarify what a rebuttal is, when it's clear that your inadvertently mix and matching words here.

Yes rebuttal.

No not rebuttal. It seems like you where intending to refute something here but not rebut it. Considering that you took my comments in this thread out of context and decided that this mediocre subject (that stemmed from a self admitted- petty joke) was even worthy of discussing in this manner (like a formal debate) seems to indicate that you don't know the difference between a full scale debate and a common discussion (correct me if I'm wrong) which is what where having now. You where on the attack, trying to point out a flaw in my logic and reasoning, and if anything I was the one on the defensive trying to rebut your argument, you where in attack mode. You had it back to front.

As long as fools aint on here talking about n'rs and wetb's, everybody seems all good, and thats how it should be. Similar to the real world. Everybody has a little racism in them, how can you not if you have grown up at least a little disadvantaged. Were bred that way, but when we can recognize and respect, and still have a little fun playing around, that makes us better people. It might go unnoticed by you, but I see that shit pretty clearly. I am not a big fan of racism, but I know it exists and I like to see it when it happens, so I can recognize it, so I can combat it if need be, so I can be a better person. How you going to call someone out on jokes when your that type of person on this forum. In this community you pointed out the type of person that you are also portrayed as. The worst part about it is, that you REALLY might not know it. In that case it might be time for self reflection, because believe me Kyte,its really, really, not that deep.

Now I agree with most of that. But, following along with what I said previously, this is a perfect example of what I mean by "back to front" regarding the terms rebuttal and refute. This here is your counter argument attempting to refute my position. Your attacking the opposition with your refutation, not rebutting it, there is a distinction.

and it's funny to see how you come at em, all ghetto intellectual and shit. Funny primarily because we have similar styles

"Ghetto intellectual" ...LOL never heard it put that way.

its really, really, not that deep.

Agreed. Take it for what it is, don't over complicate the trash talking and jokes that go on in here.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Sat May 23, 2009 1:57 pm

NYTE RYDA
UnderBoss

Number of posts: 3283
Registration date: 2008-01-19

LOL....
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  .02 cents Sat May 23, 2009 2:23 pm

Yes rebuttal.

No not rebuttal. It seems like you where intending to refute something here but not rebut it. Considering that you took my comments in this thread out of context and decided that this mediocre subject (that stemmed from a self admitted- petty joke) was even worthy of discussing in this manner (like a formal debate) seems to indicate that you don't know the difference between a full scale debate and a common discussion (correct me if I'm wrong) which is what where having now. You where on the attack, trying to point out a flaw in my logic and reasoning, and if anything I was the one on the defensive trying to rebut your argument, you where in attack mode. You had it back to front.

Initially, the rebuttal was meant to point out that your Chicano list was rebuttled, or for lack of a better word, responded to, by a list of weak black rappers.

"Again, no harm here, and it was rebuttled, the rebuttle was also understood, I was just curious why you popped it off. No big deal, if it was to cause controversy, more power to you, i hope you received the reaction you wanted. I guess being Chicano, I noticed really quick they were all Chicano rappers, bad Chicano rappers, with the exception of Conejo and maybe lil rob. "

I wasn't being sarcastic here. This was my take on the situation, and so I asked a question. It seems to me like you might have took offense or took my post or question out of context, and so you went on the attack. Cool, so I responded back. We had ourselves a little debate going on, at least in my opinion. Whether it was refuted or rebuttled really makes no difference, were not writing wikipedia definitions last time I checked. It is interesting to see you accuse or point out, whichever is more accurate, what I was doing, when you yourself were doing the exact same things. Its like saying, lets fight with guns and then point out, "Hey, he's got a gun, no fair." I dont deny what I wrote, it's right there for everyone to see, and I dont think that I came at you wrong in any way. But, lets face it, I will NOT allow you or anyone else on this forum or in real life come at me sideways and run, at last not those I have some respect for. I've seen your comments, your seem like a really smart, opinonated guy, I respect that, but dont come at me sideways. If your a lame, I most likely wouldnt even reply, so feel honored you get responded too, lol...ego check. And I did feel like you tried to come at me sideways, like you were superior or something, and I felt, because there is a respect level here, obliged to respond. Youre not stupid, neither am I, so dont try to patronize my post or language unless you are offering constructive criticism that you think might actually help a mafucker out. I like this site and I dont see myself going anywhere, so if you really want to take it to petty belittling, which I dont think you do, then fuck it, Im down for the fun. But as long as you dont come at me sideways or try to downplay something Im saying, UNLESS you feel what I am saying really is bullshit, were good. And if, just if, you said fuck it, I want to counter argue everything raza says, i'm cool with that too, like I said im down to have fun. This shits all entertainment, I much like yourself and most people on here, have a life outside of iestreetlife.

and it's funny to see how you come at em, all ghetto intellectual and shit. Funny primarily because we have similar styles

"Ghetto intellectual" ...LOL never heard it put that way.
You cant deny the truth brother, lol.
.02 cents
.02 cents
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  .02 cents Tue May 26, 2009 2:07 pm

cool little conejo track right here, the guitar in the hook is the shit.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
.02 cents
.02 cents
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  alfonzemefesto Tue May 26, 2009 4:27 pm

Raza Soldado wrote:cool little conejo track right here, the guitar in the hook is the shit.

This track is pretty dope. But I'm still ambivalent about conejo. He definitely has a powerful and soulful delivery, and his word play is far better than any other chicano rap artist I've heard. However, he occasionally drops flagrant racist shit in his lyrics. All that does, among those who aren't sympathetic to his message, is generate resentment for him and his music.
alfonzemefesto
alfonzemefesto
Soldier

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Drop Out Tue May 26, 2009 7:10 pm

MOST THE SHIT TALKN I HEARD CONEJO THROW ARE TO R20s.

Drop Out
Protective Custody
Protective Custody

Number of posts : 5006
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  .02 cents Tue May 26, 2009 7:34 pm

alfonzemefesto wrote:
Raza Soldado wrote:cool little conejo track right here, the guitar in the hook is the shit.

This track is pretty dope. But I'm still ambivalent about conejo. He definitely has a powerful and soulful delivery, and his word play is far better than any other chicano rap artist I've heard. However, he occasionally drops flagrant racist shit in his lyrics. All that does, among those who aren't sympathetic to his message, is generate resentment for him and his music.

No I would agree, there is an element of street racism in his lyrics that cannot be denied. I can only imagine if the shoe were on the other foot, that I would also be turned off by his music, regardless of his skills. In his battle raps with Hi-power, there is the same type of bashing, using terms like camel jockeys and what not. I will not try to defend his lyrics or beliefs, I dont even know the guy, but I do appreciate your analysis of his skill and style. In my opinion, he is one of the best rappers in the Chicano rap game today. He has came a long way from his first albums, which arent very strong in my opinion. But I have also noticed more racial lyrics have come into play as well, not saying racial lyrics equals better style at all, but there is a more gritty raw IDGAF attitude that permeates through his most recent music. I think if his lyrics werent racist, he would open to a wider audience. I think he boxes himself into one category by using racial lyrics.

Just on a side note, and again not trying to defend his racial lyrics, I would note that most if not all of his racist lyrics are geared towards rival gang members as opposed to, at least in regards to blacks, the entire black community. But, if the shoe were on the foot...
.02 cents
.02 cents
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  alfonzemefesto Tue May 26, 2009 8:48 pm

Raza Soldado wrote:
alfonzemefesto wrote:

No I would agree, there is an element of street racism in his lyrics that cannot be denied. I can only imagine if the shoe were on the other foot, that I would also be turned off by his music, regardless of his skills. In his battle raps with Hi-power, there is the same type of bashing, using terms like camel jockeys and what not. I will not try to defend his lyrics or beliefs, I dont even know the guy, but I do appreciate your analysis of his skill and style. In my opinion, he is one of the best rappers in the Chicano rap game today. He has came a long way from his first albums, which arent very strong in my opinion. But I have also noticed more racial lyrics have come into play as well, not saying racial lyrics equals better style at all, but there is a more gritty raw IDGAF attitude that permeates through his most recent music. I think if his lyrics werent racist, he would open to a wider audience. I think he boxes himself into one category by using racial lyrics.

Just on a side note, and again not trying to defend his racial lyrics, I would note that most if not all of his racist lyrics are geared towards rival gang members as opposed to, at least in regards to blacks, the entire black community. But, if the shoe were on the foot...

I'm not so sure his offensive lyrics are restricted to black gang members. Take "mad at the world," for example. Toward the beginning of the track, he disses lil rob by saying, "you rhyme like a slave, you little nigger, you lame." Now, obviously the diss is specifically directed toward rob; but the diss itself reflects a more general sentiment of what he thinks about black folks. Toward the end of the track, he says, "ese, kill a fuckin' crip, or a blood if it's on. It's on & crackin' (fuck them niggers)." Why say niggers? If his issue is only with black gang members, why not say "fuck crabs and slobs"?
alfonzemefesto
alfonzemefesto
Soldier

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  P_LOKO Tue May 26, 2009 8:52 pm

Conehoe is a full blown racist for that one.
P_LOKO
P_LOKO
Boss

Number of posts : 3824
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post  .02 cents Wed May 27, 2009 11:06 am

alfonzemefesto wrote:

I'm not so sure his offensive lyrics are restricted to black gang members. Take "mad at the world," for example. Toward the beginning of the track, he disses lil rob by saying, "you rhyme like a slave, you little nigger, you lame." Now, obviously the diss is specifically directed toward rob; but the diss itself reflects a more general sentiment of what he thinks about black folks. Toward the end of the track, he says, "ese, kill a fuckin' crip, or a blood if it's on. It's on & crackin' (fuck them niggers)." Why say niggers? If his issue is only with black gang members, why not say "fuck crabs and slobs"?

No, you have a point, I can't and won't try to justify his lyrics. The first part about little rob and the racial refernces are unjustifiable. It's a shame that he couldn't have used other words, but on the other hand, at least you know and its not subliminal. No one can argue that he is not racist, or at least extremely racial in his lyrics. Thanks for bringing this point out.
.02 cents
.02 cents
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  .02 cents Wed May 27, 2009 11:07 am

What happened to the reputation points???...lol
.02 cents
.02 cents
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Wed May 27, 2009 11:53 am

Gone! Yall can thank tweedle dee and tweedle dumb for that one.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  .02 cents Wed May 27, 2009 12:00 pm

NYTE RYDA wrote:Gone! Yall can thank tweedle dee and tweedle dumb for that one.

lol
.02 cents
.02 cents
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunky McThuggerton Wed May 27, 2009 2:25 pm

NYTE RYDA wrote:Gone! Yall can thank tweedle dee and tweedle dumb for that one.
whities tweedle dumb.....lolk guess im tweedle dee tee

Drunky McThuggerton
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3