Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Desert Hot Springs raids net 120 arrests

5 posters

Go down

Desert Hot Springs raids net 120 arrests Empty Desert Hot Springs raids net 120 arrests

Post  Shadowplay Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:40 pm

Desert Hot Springs raids net 120 arrests
1:13 PM Sat, Mar 28, 2009 | Permalink | Comments (0)
Posted by: PE News

More than 120 people were arrested and an abandoned home bulldozed Friday in a sweep in Desert Hot Springs aimed at curbing gang violence.

About 700 law enforcement officers from 35 agencies swept that targeted gang members, felons and undocumented immigrants suspected of illegal activity, authorities said.

Officers seized more than 50 weapons, 400 grams of methamphetamine and 3,000 grams of marijuana during the sweep. Agencies including the FBI, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Coachella Valley Gang Task Force, Riverside County Sheriff's Department and various local and area police departments took part in the operation.

Authorities bulldozed a gang hangout, an abandoned single-story stucco home that Riverside County District Attorney Rod Pacheco called a "private playhouse" of the gang. The home took less than 15 minutes to demolish.

The sweep began early Friday and continued into the afternoon. As part of the operation, investigators dismantled at least one drug lab in a home that was financed in part by money from federal housing programs, officials said.

Buses were used to haul parolees back to state prisons, where space had been cleared for released felons who could be imprisoned for violating their paroles by associating with gang members.

-- from news services
Shadowplay
Shadowplay
Soldier

Number of posts : 270
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Back to top Go down

Desert Hot Springs raids net 120 arrests Empty Re: Desert Hot Springs raids net 120 arrests

Post  all eyes on me Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:59 pm

I know this female that live in La Quinta. She would always tell me there was shit going down in Desert Hot Springs...

all eyes on me
Soldier

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Desert Hot Springs raids net 120 arrests Empty Re: Desert Hot Springs raids net 120 arrests

Post  SURCALMEX Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:06 pm

The cops where actually saying in the news that the city was going to be a safe place tommorow well not for long cause most of these will be back in the streets in less than 2 months
SURCALMEX
SURCALMEX
Captain

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Drop Out Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:51 pm

OUT IN THAT AREA IS NO MANS LAND ALOT OF VATOS GO OUT THAT WAY TO DO BUSINESS WHEN IT GETS HEATED IN THE CITYS.

Drop Out
Protective Custody
Protective Custody

Number of posts : 5006
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Mothra Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:57 pm

Hahaha Desert Hot Springs aint ever gonna be 'safe'. My girlfriend is from Coachella and her ex just moved out there.

Man that place is fucking tweaker town central. Those people aint ever getting out of that hole.
Its cheap as fuck to live there but yeah shits ALWAYS going down there.
Thats one place you gotta watch your shit all the time.

Mothra
Associate

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down