Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Torrance....

+7
Drunky McThuggerton
wolfman
MAFIA GANG IE bangin
P_LOKO
Drop Out
rune sindel
TumbleWeed
11 posters

Go down

Torrance.... Empty Torrance....

Post  TumbleWeed Sat May 24, 2008 10:43 pm

TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Number of posts : 7350
Registration date : 2008-01-19

https://iestreetlife.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Torrance.... Empty Re: Torrance....

Post  rune sindel Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:50 pm

rifa mob anyone? down hood mob anyone? suposely 2 blood gangs in that city
rune sindel
rune sindel
Made Member

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2008-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Drop Out Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:35 pm

TORRANCE IS A KICK BACK CITY...FOR NOW ANYWAYS.

Drop Out
Protective Custody
Protective Custody

Number of posts : 5006
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  P_LOKO Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:49 pm

DICERxOVS wrote:TORRANCE IS A KICK BACK CITY...FOR NOW ANYWAYS.

Yeah, that's how I see Torrance. I go there all the time, plenty of good food joints around there...couldn't even imagine any gang activity over there, but you know, gangs could be present in the most unexpected places.
P_LOKO
P_LOKO
Boss

Number of posts : 3824
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post  MAFIA GANG IE bangin Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:00 pm

TORRANCE GOT SOME KRAFTY ASS POLICE THEY KILLED TWO OF THE HOMIES!! R.I.P TIE RU AND CHARLIE BLACK 1600 BLOCK YOUNG'N MAFIA!!!

MAFIA GANG IE bangin
Soldier

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2008-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  rune sindel Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:34 pm

LOL!
rune sindel
rune sindel
Made Member

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2008-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfman Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:27 am

TORRANCE HAS THE OLD VARRIOS OF LA RANA & TORTILLA FLATS, AND THEN THE NEWER VARRIOS OF V 204TH STREET & EAST SIDE TORRANCE
LA RANA WAS A REAL CRAZY GANG, BUT THEN THEY DIED DOWN A LOT, AND NOW THEY'RE SMALL AND FAMILY GENERATIONAL. WHAT'S LEFT OF THEIR OLD VARRIO IS JUST THE STRIP ON DEL AMO BLVD BETWEEN VAN NESS AND CRENSHAW, THAT'S ALL THAT REMAINS.

TxFLATS IN TORRANCE ARE NOT THE SAME AS CVTF, THEY'RE COMPLETELY DIFF GANGS. AND TORRANCE TXFLATS TO MY MEMORY AND KNOWLEDGE NEVER HIT UP TTF., THE ONES WHO HIT UP TTF WERE TE TOWN FLATS IN LONGO (DEFUNCT), FROM THE SAME AREA WHERE BARRIO POBRE IS AT NOW.
wolfman
wolfman
Captain

Number of posts : 1811
Registration date : 2009-12-13

http://13radicalriders14.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunky McThuggerton Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:02 pm

wolfman wrote:TORRANCE HAS THE OLD VARRIOS OF LA RANA & TORTILLA FLATS, AND THEN THE NEWER VARRIOS OF V 204TH STREET & EAST SIDE TORRANCE
LA RANA WAS A REAL CRAZY GANG, BUT THEN THEY DIED DOWN A LOT, AND NOW THEY'RE SMALL AND FAMILY GENERATIONAL. WHAT'S LEFT OF THEIR OLD VARRIO IS JUST THE STRIP ON DEL AMO BLVD BETWEEN VAN NESS AND CRENSHAW, THAT'S ALL THAT REMAINS.

TxFLATS IN TORRANCE ARE NOT THE SAME AS CVTF, THEY'RE COMPLETELY DIFF GANGS. AND TORRANCE TXFLATS TO MY MEMORY AND KNOWLEDGE NEVER HIT UP TTF., THE ONES WHO HIT UP TTF WERE TE TOWN FLATS IN LONGO (DEFUNCT), FROM THE SAME AREA WHERE BARRIO POBRE IS AT NOW.
wasnt 204th street a click of tflats before?

Drunky McThuggerton
Boss

Number of posts : 5175
Registration date : 2008-06-25

http://2012data.webs.com/theilluminati.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfman Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:12 pm

The Devils Advocate wrote:
wolfman wrote:TORRANCE HAS THE OLD VARRIOS OF LA RANA & TORTILLA FLATS, AND THEN THE NEWER VARRIOS OF V 204TH STREET & EAST SIDE TORRANCE

wasnt 204th street a click of tflats before?

some people claim that 204th were La Rana peewees, and some people say that it was TxFlats that spawned them., i don't know., what i do know is that this og 204 vato i worked with when they were first starting out at that little neighborhood kicking it at the chinito's store, the vato said that they were backed up by La Rana because Txflats was trying to clique them in. I would think that 204th were really more VLR than TFlats

TFlats is Dolanco Junction neighborhood, so you have to exit 204 thru Torrance Blvd to get to the TFlats side. 204th is a straight shot thru Del Amo blvd connecting it with La Rana., but i think because La Rana is very exclusive on their membership, like a family thing, then that's why all the little crazy crowd 204th had to go solo. You only had those two young crowds in that neck of the woods, the TFlats and the 204 peewees, so 204 had to have been more connected to La Rana otherwise they would of grown up Tflats from the get go.

wolfman
wolfman
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunky McThuggerton Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:16 pm

tflats calims a hood right on borrendo thats like around the corner from 204th? where on 204th is their hood at?

Drunky McThuggerton
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfman Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:27 pm

this is the map for Torrance / Harbor Gateway

Torrance.... BEST

the chinito store spot is on harvard, right betwen del amo and 204th
204th hood is what was known as southwest village, but i don't know why they called that area sw village
i think it had to do with the trolly lines from back in the days

berendo is south of the tflats, heading towards the hospital, past torrance blvd
that area is not og tflats, so they must of expanded south
wolfman
wolfman
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunky McThuggerton Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:34 pm

yea, from the map 204 looks closer to tflats tho. if tflats got bigger

Drunky McThuggerton
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfman Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:38 pm

The Devils Advocate wrote:yea, from the map 204 looks closer to tflats tho. if tflats got bigger

well yeah if you just look at the map it does look like that, but there's no way to get from 204 to tflats unless you go around torrance blvd., geographically they don't connect., tflats is also limited on their north, west and east sides with what's built up around them., the only place they can expand is south., if you look at that little bulge on the south side of their map area, that's because there's a small canal there, separating it from the other streets south., they can only get to berendo by taking this one street that goes into that side of the canal.

here's the link for the LA RANA story

http://CENSORED BY THE FASCIST DT.
wolfman
wolfman
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfman Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:48 pm

ey doggy, i don't understand why you would censor the history of a place
the link is just so that people can read the story and also read the comments posted
a lot of good knowledge of places is left on the comments that follow the story posted
but if you're thinking that wolf is just trying to promote the brown kingdom pages
pues you know what perro, that's far from my mind
i'm just trying to participate and share some stories, that's all
i'm just saying, in case you were concerned with that shit

its a trip, how moderator status is trusted upon,
but then censorship of that kind comes into play
but whatever
wolfman
wolfman
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunky McThuggerton Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:59 pm

wolfman wrote:ey doggy, i don't understand why you would censor the history of a place
the link is just so that people can read the story and also read the comments posted
a lot of good knowledge of places is left on the comments that follow the story posted
but if you're thinking that wolf is just trying to promote the brown kingdom pages
pues you know what perro, that's far from my mind
i'm just trying to participate and share some stories, that's all
i'm just saying, in case you were concerned with that shit

its a trip, how moderator status is trusted upon,
but then censorship of that kind comes into play
but whatever

im but a simple soldier following orders shootin

Drunky McThuggerton
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  American Zombie Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:22 pm

Sure as hell wasn't me who censored you..
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Number of posts : 6128
Registration date : 2008-01-19

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/rothbard62.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Forum Gawd Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:45 am

Simple Soldier Muh Nalgas Your Just Trying To Put The Old Vato Down Lol.!! I Actually Started ReadinG His Shit Nd Now You Fascist Bastards BLOCK IT!!! DOWN WITH HITLERS SONS!!!!!!!!!!
Forum Gawd
Forum Gawd
Boss

Number of posts : 4842
Registration date : 2009-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfman Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:15 am

BACKDOORSLAMMER wrote:Simple Soldier Muh Nalgas Your Just Trying To Put The Old Vato Down Lol.!! I Actually Started ReadinG His Shit Nd Now You Fascist Bastards BLOCK IT!!! DOWN WITH HITLERS SONS!!!!!!!!!!

LOL @ Old Man

i'm not old mofu, i'm barely fiddy Superhero
wolfman
wolfman
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfman Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:21 am

VARRIO LA RANA

LA RANA

Everyone in the Harbor Area knows or has heard about LA RANA in Torrance.

La Rana is one of those Varrios that have been dying off, but never really goes away. You hear about them, but you never really see them, or so it goes. Even so, they’ve managed to make the headlines from time to time. La Rana must be a real tight-knit family oriented varrio these days. Their neighborhood history goes back to the 1920s/30s, but the varrio is more well-renown for its crazyness during the 1950s and 60s. It managed to stay active well into the 70s, but by the 1980s it was mostly gone, mainly on account of the heavy industry that blew up around their neighborhood. Even though the barrio did grew up amidst industry; Nevertheless, the new industry took over more and more lots and pieces, and its streets disappeared, with many of its homes done away to create new and wider streets., To where eventually all that was left of La Rana is the strip between Van Ness Way and Crenshaw along Del Amo Blvd. That’s all that remains today of the old La Rana, some 100 homes along that strip. That’s if you don’t count the neighborhood area where V204ST (Southwest Village) is located at.

La Rana once roamed all the zone in-between Dolanco Junction (TxFlats) on the east; 190TH on the north; Torrance Blvd on the south; and west to Madrona/Prairie Avenue. But VLR has always been centered on Del Amo Blvd. The place is completely surrounded by industrial plants and business parks these days. Mobil refinery on the north, Dow Chemical to the west, PS Business Park and Honda R&D to its south, with Van Ness Avenue and another business park cutting it off from V204TH.

La Rana is said to have adopted the name because of a near-by little lake or pond; some have even called it an old swamp area, where you could hear the frogs croak and sing through out the night. That little lake of a pond was there going back to the 1800s.

The area was known as El Pueblo; hence the name of the Pueblo tiny little Recreation Center , dead smack in the middle of the neighborhood. In fact, Del Amo Blvd was oldenly known as PUEBLO street (Camino del Pueblo), when it was still a small dirt street back in the (Mexican Village) days.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/80643375@N00/280246500/

I’ve never known what cliques La Rana ever spawned, but looking at that rare Flickr picture of that gutted and worn out small market wall, there’s a placaso next to all the La Rana hit ups that read “ROAD GENTS”; Thus I wonder if that had anything to do with Del Amo Blvd ~> The Road to La Gente de La Rana (?)

On a hot sunny weekend if you pass through there you’re bound to see firme ranflas on those driveways of the strip, not in every house, but there’s some, even though today those homes on that calle don’t look ghetto barrio looking shacks or anything like that.

La Rana you could say is the only true "City of Torrance" Varrio because the other main Varrios in Torrance are really L.A. “Harbor Gateway”.

La Rana (Del Amo Blvd.) is technically in the section of town which is considered “East Torrance”. East Torrance goes from 190Th to Plaza Del Amo ~> entrance to the village of “Barrio East Side Torrance” on the southernmost tip of the town. I wonder if that has anything to do as to why there’s some real animosity documented between VLR & BEST (?).. since they’re both really from the same “SIDE” of town, on opposite corners, of course.

La Rana most definitely hates TxFlats, and they have also been known to put the clamp on V204TH.

V204ST is something of an abnormality in the area politics, since both La Rana & TxFlats are said to claim suzerainty over them. Both Varrios claim to have spawned V204TH, but I would lean more towards VLR getting 204 started, because I used to work with this vato from La 204 who told me so. The thing is, eventually, and like it happens everywhere else, V204TH went on a solo career, and then they went on to make the headlines that you all have read plenty about. But if 204 would of stayed VLR, it would of most definitely kept La Rana on the mainline of the streets in the Harbor Area. But as it stands, La Rana is the enigmatic old Torrance varrio that refuses to go away.

Old Neighborhood Has Long Outgrown Barrio Status
El Pueblo Thrives, Surrounded by Workaday World

May 05, 1985|JULIO MORAN, Times Staff Writer

TORRANCE — The face of industrial Torrance is changing after nearly 75 years. So, too, is El Pueblo.

Surrounded by industrial activity, El Pueblo--which means "the town" in Spanish--remains a residential island in a sea of warehouses and factories. But rather than being deserted or rezoned for industrial use over the years, El Pueblo has blossomed into a vibrant, well-kept, close-knit neighborhood.

And except for the shadows cast by the Mobil Oil refinery towers on one side and the frames of multistory warehouses going up on the other side, the 111 homes along Del Amo Boulevard between Crenshaw Boulevard and Van Ness Avenue are typical of other middle-class neighborhoods in this city.

"When it comes down to the nitty-gritty, we are Torrance," said Ruben Ordaz, 57, a lifelong resident of the area and president of the Pueblo Homeowners Assn.

Early Reputation

The neighborhood is also called Del Amo and La Rana, which means "the frog" in Spanish and got its name because a nearby pond was once full of frogs. The neighborhood has overcome a reputation as a poor, tough barrio and come to be considered a community of concerned homeowners whose votes are courted at each local election.

"The politicians know that we got about 100 votes," said Ordaz with a smile. "We usually vote in a bloc, so when we call we get a quick response."

Getting a bloc vote is easier, Ordaz said, because many of the residents are related. Ordaz's father, who moved here in 1925, still lives on the block, as do his uncle, aunt and several in-laws. When a family member dies, property is usually passed on to a relative.

Property values are slightly lower than in other neighborhoods in the city, but it still costs about $120,000 to buy a two-bedroom house here. An empty 50- by 100-foot lot has recently been appraised at $20,000.

High Offer for Home

"What do you think, just because I live in La Rana that I live in a shack?" Irene Ordaz, Ruben's wife, said she told a friend recently after the friend expressed surprise over her four-bedroom home. Ordaz said they have received offers of up to $150,000 for their home.

And the crime rate, once a major problem, what with youth gangs and drug dealers during the 1950s and 1960s, has dropped. Last year, a community watch program was organized.

Torrance Police Sgt. Wally Murker, a community relations officer, said the area may still have more drug problems than many sections of Torrance, but other neighborhoods have more burglaries. "I couldn't say it was any . . . different than other neighborhoods in Torrance," he said. "There are a lot of good people living there and they've got a good community watch program."

For the most part, living in the midst of industries has not bothered the residents. In the early years it was a matter of not biting the hand that fed them, Ruben Ordaz said, so residents tolerated the industrial noises and smells. Today, tighter pollution controls have eliminated most of the concerns, and the residents have learned to live with what remains .

Grew Up in Area

"Sometimes you wonder if your coughing is not because of Mobil or if your house is not going to blow up," said Joe Torres, 42, a receiving clerk. Torres grew up in El Pueblo, and except for a few years right after he got married, he has remained in the area.

But the possibility of industrial accidents is not a major concern. "My kids talk about it sometimes, but they also talk about nuclear wars and earthquakes," Torres said. "It's at the back of your mind, but it's a way of life here."

Surprisingly, there has never been any serious talk of rezoning the street for industrial use, city officials said.

"It's almost like a historical area," said Jeff Gibson of the city planning department. "I don't think it will ever get rezoned."

But city officials did not always look so kindly on what was originally referred to as the Mexican Village.

According to the book "Historic Torrance," land in the 1920s was designated for five uses: business, residential, industrial, unclassified, and "special quarters for non-Caucasians." It was in the "foreign quarters" that El Pueblo developed as the residential district for the Mexican labor that worked at Columbia Steel and Pacific Electric Railway.

Treading on Constitution

The book says Jared Sidney Torrance, the city's founder, admitted in his autobiography that segregation in his fledgling town "tread pretty hard on the toes of the Constitution of the United States."

Even former Mayor Albert Isen, whose father and uncle built the homes in the 1920s so workers could walk to the steel plant half a mile away, said the houses were "substandard, because that's all they really wanted and all they could really afford."

Ordaz, a former steelworker and now a custodian with the Torrance school district, said the homes remained in poor condition for many years, primarily because of language and cultural obstacles that kept residents--most of whom came from the small Mexican town of Purepero, Michoacan--from acquiring building permits for remodeling their homes.

Now those houses have been passed on to family members who are U.S.-born and who speak English. Many of the homes have been improved, and Del Amo, once a dirt road, is now a four-lane street with a center divider.

Spanish, once the only language spoken on this street, is hardly ever heard now. Even the one weekly Mass celebrated at St. Joseph's Catholic Church at the end of the block is said in English.

22 Comments:
Anonymous said...
The Road Gents and Road Sinners were car clubs from the street back in the 50s.originaly the car clubs were part of the gang,just like any car club in the 50s,as for cliques there were the og pachucos from the 40s,the cherrie gang,the locos,tiny locos,stoners,peewees.From what i know is the car clubs are active to this date.

8:42 AM Anonymous said...
LaxRana was one of the first to place a so called logo on there forearm of a frog with one leg hanging down as if it was crawling and 13 dots showing praise to La Eme,it was said that one of the guys went down to the pike in Long Beach to get his nickname and instead came up with the frog back in the 50s,and soon after there were tons of vatos with the same tat in the same area of the forearm.The guys from EST some time in the middle 70s placed there logo in the same area with the same pose but a panther.Presently the frog is still put on but you have to put in some serious work for the hood to earn it,and get the ok from one of the big homies,the youngest guys with it on are in there early 30s presently.

9:30 AM Anonymous said...
Anyone know how to contact Ruben or Irene Ordaz or any of his family. I am an old friend of the family.I have seen them in some time. Tell him it's paul bunyan (JG)

11:44 PM Anonymous said...
There was a frog bfore the frog that is now put on the forearm - it was called the Trojan frog , it was a grog in a croutching/ sitting position holding a cane and had a black top hat and wore a black bow tie . The homie who had it was around 65 or 70 years old he told me it was the OG frog I never seen any one else wit it but I'm sure there were old homies I don't know wit it this was a big older homie so I would never question him !!!

11:09 PM Anonymous said...
I am looking to get in contact with Susie Ordaz. Jim G

10:49 PM Anonymous said...
my dad started la rana he was og babyface from the pachuco days his name was jesus canchola perez he work in the old steele plant back in the 50's to the early 80's tell any og they will tell you whats up

11:12 AM Doña Junta said...
I used to work with a guy from LA Rana I think he had an old school name too?? Puppet or something, but didnt La Rana get more of a reputation because of the Grajedas and involments in Eme. Other then that just like EST it always seemed liked an old school hood dying out.

4:01 PM Anonymous said...
PURO VARRIO LAxRANA CONTROLAS PEEWEELOCOS CLICK. Still puttin it down for the HxA!!!

9:26 AM Anonymous said...
I grew up in La Rana, And My dad, Jesus Canchola Perez did NOT start the frog name, If he is your dad, you are the second family he had. I grew up at 2060 Del Amo Blvd, which is now a business building, I am part of the remainding Perez family. My Brother Bobby "Bubbles" and Louie have both died, and all that is left is me and my sister. I sure hope there is away to find out about you. We were always told he had another family and that we possibly had 9 half brothers and sisters. Check out ancestry.com and look up your dad's name. Consuelo

3:24 PM Anonymous said...
today is 03/27/2011 just to go further, I'd like to find out about jesus Canchola Perez other family. cdsattic@aol.com and please use a subject matter, or i'll delete it. Consuelo aka Connie

4:01 PM Anonymous said...
the varrio still hasnt died and never will so dont believe them wen they say the hoods dead come the the varrio and youll find out who the fuck is dying

3:55 PM Anonymous said...
wow... not sure who u are or where you got your information, but one thing i know for sure your father did not start La Rana.
i grew up there and am well aware of everyone from my parents generation and your are far from knowing and posting the truth...
most maybe correct but not all... please educate yourself correctly before posting..

5:38 PM Anonymous said...
there was a gang called centro torrance around 10-15 years ago between torrance blvd, carson st, western, & normandie that was barely 20-30 deep. they dont really claim it anymore. there either in jail, dead, joined eastside torrance or dont bang anymore. not to many gangsters are in that bountry anyways below carson st. gets deeper as you go down until 228th st. above torrance blvd its 204th st. la rana and 208th st. crip which is not to deep but getting a little deeper. 100s might be in south central or not real, sadmob isnt real, 213th st is a click of keystone in carson.

12:09 AM Anonymous said...
ok when I grew up there, there was no Van Ness, and that side of what is Van Ness was a swamp, Corner lots were the Peter , Chata and Rachel Hernandez family and the Perez family Baby Face my dad, Bubbles my brother, Louie and my sister, also in that area were Henry and Ralph can't remember last name, gilbert Sisceros family and others. we as kids in the 50's played there, we even had go-carts like the Rascels, anyway, the swamp was full of frogs, they were louder than heck, that is how La Rana got it's name, No credit to any one person. the upper side was a whole lot more families, including the Saucedo's, Escobar all family members. and for some of you that post, clean your mouth, once a punk alway a punk!

11:15 AM Anonymous said...
My whole familia grew up in La Rana during the mid 40s to the late 60s. We moved out when I was still pretty young. I have primos who are Raneros...I was in the army with Raneros (Stevie Morales "Indio")(Sluggo). My hefito played pool at the Pool Hall owned by Pali's dad (Morenos). Mundo and Ronnie are primos. La Rana in the old days was a crooked street lined with big olive? trees. Every varrio feared LxR because the Grajedas were still running around - they had big time plato with Harbor City.

2:09 PM Chispa's said...
For the record! 204th. street was started around 1977-78 by a guy named Chico(Manuel F.) and he used to hang out with the guy's from TX Flats not La Rana... I know because
i knew him very well. He was a real cool guy....

3:29 PM Anonymous said...
Tambien, for the record, back in the day before 204th was a Varrio they used to call that neighborhood "Little Cuba."

1:10 PM Joe said...
Two Cisneros families in La Rana, My Uncle Orlando Sisneros and my Father Joe Cisneros. Gilbert, Alex, Adele and Norma are my siblings. I still drive through the old neighborhood when I can. You can leave La Rana, but it never leaves you. I recall playing in the swamp between US Steel and Bethlehem Steel. I recently went by and picked a railroad spike from the train tracks that used to run behind my back yard. I remember the store and my brother Alex's tag on it. Several of my extended family have the tattoo. It is my identity and one that I will hold onto with love and pride.

6:16 PM Anonymous said...
LaRana is an old BUT respected varrio. They have a lot of history and once put fear into ALL varrios including Harbor City, Keystone, Flats, EST, Lomas, RSP, Gardena. I remember vatos like Shadow, MoonMan, Bubbles, Eddie Solis, Art Lucero, Sapo, Romeo, Camous, Chababa, Chino, Yo-yo....and the list goes on. For a small varrio it packed a lot of punch! With or without the Quates they were mas chingones. The funny thing is that some of the gente moved out in the fifties and sixties only to have THEIR kids grow up in a different varrio. Good example, dude name Ramon Avalos from HxC was killed by LxR but his mom Lola was at one time a Ranera and still had familia in LR. That's how it goes. Me? My familia is from LR but they fought a lot (domestic) and we would move every six months. I lived in Keystone, Flats, Gardena, HxC, and La Rana. But my heart is in Torrance and my varrio will always be the BEST!

11:08 AM Anonymous said...
La Rana is back, with youngsters and some of the peewees getting the varrio back out there. That frog tat with the one leg hanging on the forearm is no more, there was a stop put to it by La Eme. There are big homies from the varrio that are now high ranking vatos in La Eme. These vatos got the keys to the Harbor Area! The beef is ESxT, TxF, HxL get it right! No they dont beef with 204th st. they clicked to kill the T-Flats.

2:29 PM Anonymous said...
The frog ain't put on because you youngsters have alot to prove,with the rep the older homies have,thats why its not put on at the moment,LA RANA gots beef with someone they come knockin on doors!
11:36 AM
wolfman
wolfman
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfman Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:23 am

BARRIO EAST SIDE TORRANCE

ESxT is the B'EST

B'EST main heart of the barrio lies off Western Ave between 224th and 227th streets in the Harbor Area

Plaza Del Amo, 224, 225, 226, 227 228, Harvard, Denker and Normadale Park is all Barrio East Side Torrance

B’EST boundaries

(N) 223rd
(S) Sepulveda
(E) Normandie
(W) Western

The original neighborhood started on Menlo Street off of 228th between Vermont, and Figueroa.

B’EST never had any ties to any other neighborhoods period!! Never broke off any other varrio, B’EST is its own original creation.

TxFlats, La Rana, La Loma, Harbor City and Keystone varrios have been around much longer than B'EST and so naturally there is going to be some speculation about ties or breakoffs. But B'EST are no one's rejects, followers, etc. B'EST is the Original neighborhood from East Side Torrance.

B’EST is really within the "Harbor Gateway”. Which is part of L.A., and not City of Torrance proper. And B’EST isnʻt even patrolled by Torrance PD!!! LAPD Harbor Division patrols. Only when LAPD Harbor Division requests assistance, is when Torrance P.D. rolls in.

Varrio Bandana or Color: Straight Blue or Black, and Baby Blue.

Varrio Logo or Lid: Anything with the Carolina Panthers.

B’EST adopted the "Panther" as Thee Varrio symbol. All the Homies sport Panther jerseys and lids. And once you have proven to be a well established solid vato, you can get your Pantera placa tatted on you. Most all the veteranos have it stamped on their left or right forearm. Anyone that's hit the torcida and met B’EST Homies will tell you all the veteranos BʻEST vatos have the Pantera.

The speculation is that the Panther is the same as the Jaguar, and as all Raza knows, the Mayans and Aztecs revered these creatures because of their power and mysteriousness they possessed.

Original Clika: East Side Torrance Peewees, aka Pequenos. From the 1970's thru the late 90's. Still around but have given ground to the younger generations. B’EST has homeboys in their 50's pushing the PWS clika.

2nd Generation Clika: East Side Torrance Diablos. From the late 80's thru the late 90's. Solid B’EST motherfuckers who held down the varrio and stood tall during the 80s and 90s era wars...

3rd Generation Clika: East Side Torrance Lil Raskals. From the late 90's to present times. B’EST newest clika kicking up dust in the varrio and keeping it going strong. The Raskals Clika started after the Homeboy Alejandro" Lil Raskal" Rivera was killed. That was in the late 90's when most everyone from B’EST was away, locked up, in retirement, etc. Lil Raskal was the one recruiting and keeping the varrio going in those days. After he passed, all the little Homies who kicked it with him wanted a clique started after his placaso. They had to earn it and they did.

Some Raza may hear "TORRANCE" and think white people and nice neighborhood. Those same Raza may hear IE or SB and think the same thing. Move my family out there and get away from the "life"..

.. B’EST don't fuck around !!!

In the late 80's and 90ʻs a grip of blacks from CPT, WATTS, SCLA, etc moved to B'EST area because it has a Torrance zip code and they thought, "oh shit, I’m gonna set up shop and sell dope, bang my set, etc, etc".. B’EST shut that shit down and a number of Homeboys are doing life in the pen now for cleaning up the neighborhood. No civilians were hit, just hardcore nutheads from WATTS, CPT, ETC.

B’ESTrust ~> is down with the business.

I guess if the varrio was named EAST SIDE HARBOR GATEWAY people would get off the Torrance niceness thing, Que No?

But with the times comes change and in 2008 la jura got an injunction thrown on “nice” little B’EST Varrio.. L.A. City came down hard with the injunction on the Varrio, and ever since they’ve started building condos and nice apts in around Plaza Del Amo, so who knows, B’EST might be wiped out by City redevelopment... Never by the enemigas!

B’EST has earned their reputation, and are well known in the Harbor Area, and today the Varrio walks every yard in the pinta.

BARRIO x EASTSIDE x TORRANCE
TILL THE KASKET DROPS
wolfman
wolfman
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfman Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:49 am

and after a couple of so years., after a couple of trial an errors with the artwork., here it is., what i said that i would get done in dedication to..
Barrio East Side Torrance
that E S and T block letras look mad, que no!?

Torrance.... BEST13_zps867b166c
wolfman
wolfman
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfman Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:18 pm

Torrance.... C4e73ed9-5771-4b1a-aa32-77c1d8399851_zpsa3807933
wolfman
wolfman
Captain

Back to top Go down

Torrance.... Empty RIP YOYO LA RANA

Post  Lcalderon Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:21 am

Joseph "YoYo" Olloque
(1934 - 2017)
Joseph "YOYO" Olloque was born in Torrance, California on December 23, 1934, to Jose & Juanita (Mendez) Olloque, with his family by his side, YOYO, peacefully went to the Lord at his residence in Wilmington. Predeceased by his son: Joseph, Jr., & his parents; he is survived by loving wife: Chila; Sons: Mario (Renee) Olloque, Mark Olloque, Juan (CG) Olloque, Gilbert Calderon & Larry (Isabel) Calderon. Also survived by 2 brothers: Manuel (Sylvia) Olloque, & John Olloque. He leaves his legacy on this earth through his 10 grandchildren & 10 great-grandchildren. Yoyo was an active member of the Pharaohs Car Club for many years, putting on many car shows, toy runs, & parades in the Wilmington Community & surrounding areas. Yoyo was a friend to all and loved to display his many classic cars, as well as share many good times with all. Forever he will be missed by all of his family, & by the many friends & associate car clubs he frequented. Yoyo, is now Crusing on the streets of Heaven & will forever be in the hearts of all that new him. Cruise, low & slow Yoyo, "The Night is Young".

Lcalderon

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2017-02-16

Back to top Go down

Torrance.... Empty RIP ADOLFO CHINO GRAJEDA LA RANA

Post  Lcalderon Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:09 am

Adolfo "Chino" Grajeda
July 24, 1933 - January 08, 2017

Lcalderon

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2017-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Jlee Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:47 pm

Hello 

Someone mentioned that they knew someone named “sapo” .do you know his name . 

Let me explain : 

My mother left me at age 2 with my father . My father passed 2 years ago . However, he told me my uncle was know as “sapo” and my mother was know as “cookie” or “kookie”? 

I’m actually looking for them . Last name partida . My mother name is Olga Partida . 

They lived near some electrical post . There was a line of houses full of them . My father also told me that it was a very popular street to buy all kinds of narcotics. They knew when cops passed by . It was a single street to get in and no way out . 

I have looked at the map mentioned but I’m sure there has been new construction around .

Jlee

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2023-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum