Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SB cracks down on.........40's

+4
TumbleWeed
Drop Out
JinkyRctongs
P_LOKO
8 posters

Go down

SB cracks down on.........40's Empty SB cracks down on.........40's

Post  P_LOKO Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:44 pm

SB cracks down on 40's (LOL)
By Andrew Edwards on May 11, 2009 1:09 PM

Mayor Pat Morris sent out a press release today announcing that four alcohol retailers received citations for selling single serve alcohol (40's) in violation of their conditional use permits.

"We see public intoxication and all the crime that goes along with it, including high rates of violent incidents," Morris said in a press release. "That's why the city, when issuing its permits for alcohol retailers, has started restricting them from selling these kinds of products."

San Bernardino routinely prohibits alcohol vendors from selling single units of alcoholic beverages. However, this rule is seldom followed. It's easy to find single serve alcohol in many mini-marts or grocery stores, and a recent San Bernardino Counrty Department of Public Health survey of 190 licensed liquor dealers found that 165 of those retailers sold singles.

Singles are frequently sold in big bottles, such as the 40-ounce bottles of beer or malt liquor that are often seen in college parties and in gangsta rap videos from the 1990s. The survey found that the most common size for singles in San Bernardino are 24-ounce containers, followed by 32- or 40-ounce bottles. The city's prohibition applies to any size of single-serve bottle of beer or malt liquor.

The theory behind the prohibition on single sales is that customers purchasing a six-pack or case of beer are more likely to use alcohol responsibly. The assumption is that a package of alcoholic beverages will be taken to a residence, whereas a single can be opened and consumed on the street.

UC Riverside professor Robert Nash Parker advised city officials that singles can be associated with vandalism and other crimes.

"Gang members 'sip' 40-ouncers, they party, they get their courage up," he said in a press release. "For the most part, these are underage drinkers and alcohol plays a central part in their activities."

The anti-40 campaign marks an instance of cooperation between the often squabbling Mayor's and City Attorney's office. Parker is a consultant to Morris' Operation Phoenix program, and investigators from City Attorney James F. Penman's office are checking for unauthorized alcohol sales.

"We are taking this very seriously," Penman said in a press release. "Those who fail to comply could be liable for up to a $1,000 per day in fines."
P_LOKO
P_LOKO
Boss

Number of posts : 3824
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

SB cracks down on.........40's Empty Re: SB cracks down on.........40's

Post  JinkyRctongs Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:20 pm

Are 40's still that common in this day and age?
JinkyRctongs
JinkyRctongs
Captain

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Drop Out Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:54 pm

Jinky wrote:Are 40's still that common in this day and age?

HELL YA...BUT I MOSTLY GET TALL CANS.

Drop Out
Protective Custody
Protective Custody

Number of posts : 5006
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:55 pm

Who remembers 64's?
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Number of posts : 7350
Registration date : 2008-01-19

https://iestreetlife.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Drop Out Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:57 pm

NYTE RYDA wrote:Who remembers 64's?

I MEMBER THEN THEY CUT THEM DOWN TO 32oz.

Drop Out
Protective Custody
Protective Custody

Back to top Go down

Post  P_LOKO Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:45 am

I stay getting my Mickey's 4-O's, in SB, this "cracking down on them" is just BS, every damn liquor store in SB sells them LOL. Talking about public intoxication, the streets of San Bernardino from East to West is littered with bums openly drinking on 40s out in the public. Just hit up the biggest library in SB, on 6th Street...guaranteed to see a some bums drinking brews and smoking weed in broad day light on any given day.
P_LOKO
P_LOKO
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  SURCALMEX Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:28 pm

I mostly get tall cans like Dicer said i just feel that 40's cool off a little bit by the time your almost done with them I like beer really cold so tall cans or regular cans or bottles are just perfect
SURCALMEX
SURCALMEX
Captain

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post  P_LOKO Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:16 pm

Just down em with the quickness, haha, that's what I do...get's ya buzz quicker. Can't be drinking on warm beer.
P_LOKO
P_LOKO
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Drop Out Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:50 pm

TWISTY PINK STRAW THEM.

Drop Out
Protective Custody
Protective Custody

Back to top Go down

Post  .02 cents Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:42 am

DICER wrote:TWISTY PINK STRAW THEM.

lol
.02 cents
.02 cents
Made Member

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post  ieprince Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:46 pm

If u put a bendy straw in one and bet the top down outside the bottle and put your mouth round both the straw and bottle it acts as an air path to the booze and becomes like a beer bong. i could down a 40 in like under 10 secs...i dont think the straw has to be pink though.

ieprince
Soldier

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Drop Out Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:31 pm

ieprince wrote:

If u put a bendy straw in one and bet the top down outside the bottle and put your mouth round both the straw and bottle it acts as an air path to the booze and becomes like a beer bong. i could down a 40 in like under 10 secs...i dont think the straw has to be pink though.

NA IT HAS TO BE HOT PINK OR YOUR NOT GETTIN AS DRUNK...KNOWN FACTS IM GIVING YOU HERE, LEARN FROM EM.

Drop Out
Protective Custody
Protective Custody

Back to top Go down

Post  smooth909 Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:46 pm

DICER wrote:
ieprince wrote:

NA IT HAS TO BE HOT PINK OR YOUR NOT GETTIN AS DRUNK...KNOWN FACTS IM GIVING YOU HERE, LEARN FROM EM.

lol its better if u just down da 40 homie

smooth909
Associate

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  ieprince Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:06 pm

DICER wrote:
ieprince wrote:

Haha I'll have to remember that next time i cop a 40 of 211.

ieprince
Soldier

Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Drop Out Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:13 pm

smooth909 wrote:
DICER wrote:
ieprince wrote:

lol its better if u just down da 40 homie

YEAH HOMIE IM FUCKEN AROUND BUT I MEMBER BACK WHEN I WAS YOUNG ALOT OF KIDS DRINKING A BREW THRO A STRAW SAYING YOU GET MORE DRUNK CUZ ITS EZ TO DRINK FAST THRO A STRAW OR SOMETHING LOL...BUT IM NOT ABOUT DOWNING MUCH ANYMORE I KICK BACK AN INJOY N GET A COOL LIL BUZZ GOING.

Drop Out
Protective Custody
Protective Custody

Back to top Go down

Post  ieprince Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:09 pm

OVS - Old Vatos Suck...JK

ieprince
Soldier