Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heroin and Cocaine now legal in Mexico

+6
BeanIExRIV
smooth909
American Zombie
SURCALMEX
Drop Out
JinkyRctongs
10 posters

Go down

Heroin and Cocaine now legal in Mexico Empty Heroin and Cocaine now legal in Mexico

Post  JinkyRctongs Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:00 pm

Heroin and Cocaine now legal in Mexico
Heroin and Cocaine now legal in Mexico Heroin

By David Usborne

Tuesday, 25 August 2009

A controversial new law decriminalising the possession of small amounts of heroin, marijuana, cocaine and other illicit substances was quietly slipped on to the statute books in Mexico yesterday.

The move provoked little fuss either in Mexico itself or across the border in the US, which in the past has resisted anything that might be seen as going soft on drugs.

"This is not legalisation. This is regulating the issue," insisted Bernardo Espino del Castillo, the Attorney General, in an attempt to play down the significance of the new measure. The government made sure there was no fanfare or grand announcement after the law was finally passed at the end of last week.

Mexico is enmeshed in a violent war with drugs cartels and traffickers that has claimed more than 11,000 lives in the past two-and-a-half years, and it is keen to explore any new approach that might ease the situation. Officials believe that the law will ease pressure on the country's overcrowded prisons and allow police to concentrate on dealers and smugglers.

The reform will also help by taking away from ordinary police officers the discretion on whether to arrest and possibly prosecute drug users – a prerogative that has encouraged shakedowns of citizens and corruption.

However, it is also with at least half an eye towards America that the law has been signed. Many in Mexico believe that their northern neighbour would do well to reassess its own ultra-prohibitionist approach to drug use, particularly concerning marijuana, sales of which provide roughly two-thirds of the cartels' profits.

Some US states have indeed moved to decriminalise the possession of small quantities of marijuana but not other drugs. At the same time, arrests for marijuana possession set a new record of about 800,000 last year.

With Barack Obama in the White House, the atmospherics, at least, have been changing. Earlier this year, the US acknowledged for the first time that it shared some of the blame for Mexico's drug problems because it was the main point of consumption. Certainly, it is anxious to see the Mexican President, Felipe Calderon, make headway in his anti-drugs campaign.

Observers also note that when the Mexican Congress approved a similar law several years ago, the then president, Vicente Fox, declined to sign it because of stiff pressure from the Bush administration in Washington. This time around, there was no such intervention from the US, which so far has had little to say about it officially.

Under the new rules there will be no action taken against those carrying up to a half-gramme of cocaine, 40 grammes of marijuana or 50 milligrammes of heroin.

Limits are set for other drugs, including LSD and methamphetamine. People found in possession of these small amounts will be encouraged to attend a drug treatment programme.

JinkyRctongs
JinkyRctongs
Captain

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Back to top Go down

Heroin and Cocaine now legal in Mexico Empty Re: Heroin and Cocaine now legal in Mexico

Post  Drop Out Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:06 pm

THAT SHITS ALWAYS BEEN "LEGAL"...JUST KICK SOME MONEY TO THE COPS YOUR GOOD.

Drop Out
Protective Custody
Protective Custody

Number of posts : 5006
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Heroin and Cocaine now legal in Mexico Empty Re: Heroin and Cocaine now legal in Mexico

Post  SURCALMEX Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:18 pm

DICER wrote:THAT SHITS ALWAYS BEEN "LEGAL"...JUST KICK SOME MONEY TO THE COPS YOUR GOOD.

LOL brings back memories of this summer
SURCALMEX
SURCALMEX
Captain

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post  American Zombie Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:49 am

I do think atleast Marijuana should be legalized here in the U.S. but I'm not so sure about other drugs like Herion , cocaine etc.
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Number of posts : 6128
Registration date : 2008-01-19

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/rothbard62.html

Back to top Go down

Post  smooth909 Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:14 am

yea i am with u on that cray

smooth909
Associate

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  BeanIExRIV Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:52 pm

Damn, even more reason to go visit TJ. Grab a ball of that good girl and hit up adelitas ha
BeanIExRIV
BeanIExRIV
Soldier

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post  SURCALMEX Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:45 am

BeanIExRIV wrote:Damn, even more reason to go visit TJ. Grab a ball of that good girl and hit up adelitas ha

LOL Adelitas that lil place is so fucken crazy
SURCALMEX
SURCALMEX
Captain

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:19 am

BeanIExRIV wrote:Damn, even more reason to go visit TJ. Grab a ball of that good girl and hit up adelitas ha

Yeah and get your ass snatched up down there while your at it too. LOL
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Number of posts : 7350

https://iestreetlife.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Post  eastsidebloomas3ce Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:47 pm

i dont think they should legalize marijuana because then there wouldnt be any community backing it up the hardcore pot smokers would just fade into the everyday pot smoker if it was legal like a fad and i think weed is popular wit homies my age is cus they wana think theyre rebel n shit. but it should be decriminalized n u shouldnt go 2 prison just cus u had a sack on u shits stupid i got pulled over 1ce cus there was a fight after skool n i got searched n found a 60 sack on me they just said dont let me catch you with this again or else ill throw you in jail n he stomped it or he put it in his pocket idk

eastsidebloomas3ce
Associate

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Drop Out Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:57 pm

eastsidebloomas3ce wrote:i dont think they should legalize marijuana because then there wouldnt be any community backing it up the hardcore pot smokers would just fade into the everyday pot smoker if it was legal like a fad and i think weed is popular wit homies my age is cus they wana think theyre rebel n shit. but it should be decriminalized n u shouldnt go 2 prison just cus u had a sack on u shits stupid i got pulled over 1ce cus there was a fight after skool n i got searched n found a 60 sack on me they just said dont let me catch you with this again or else ill throw you in jail n he stomped it or he put it in his pocket idk

IF YOUR SMOKING WEED TO BE A "REBEL" OR TO BE COOL YOUR SMOKING WEED FOR ALL THE WRONG REASONS, YEAH I THOUGHT IT WAS COOL WHEN I WAS A YOUNGSTER BUT ONCE YOU GET PASSED ALL THAT ITS ALL ABOUT A NICE HIGH N CHILLIN WITH HOMIES...

WEED IS DECRIMINLIZED HOMIE YOU CAN HAVE UP TOO 3 OZ I THINK AND GET A TICKET, BACK IN THE DAYS THAT WAS ENUFF TO GET YOU IN JAIL...I THINK HAVING DRUGS ON CAMPUS MIGHT END YOU UP IN JAIL THATS WHY THE PIG WAS GIVIN YOU SHIT THAT AND YOUR A YOUNGSTER BUT FOOLS ALWAYS SAY SHIT SO YOU DONT DO IT AGAIN I WOULDNT TRUST WHAT A COP SAYS ANYWAYS.

Drop Out
Protective Custody
Protective Custody

Back to top Go down

Post  OtayRLS Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:21 am

cray wrote:I do think atleast Marijuana should be legalized here in the U.S. but I'm not so sure about other drugs like Herion , cocaine etc.
YA FOR REALZ BUDS NOT BAD FOR U!!!!
OtayRLS
OtayRLS
Associate

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2009-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post  eastsidebloomas3ce Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:25 am

DICER wrote:
eastsidebloomas3ce wrote:i dont think they should legalize marijuana because then there wouldnt be any community backing it up the hardcore pot smokers would just fade into the everyday pot smoker if it was legal like a fad and i think weed is popular wit homies my age is cus they wana think theyre rebel n shit. but it should be decriminalized n u shouldnt go 2 prison just cus u had a sack on u shits stupid i got pulled over 1ce cus there was a fight after skool n i got searched n found a 60 sack on me they just said dont let me catch you with this again or else ill throw you in jail n he stomped it or he put it in his pocket idk

IF YOUR SMOKING WEED TO BE A "REBEL" OR TO BE COOL YOUR SMOKING WEED FOR ALL THE WRONG REASONS, YEAH I THOUGHT IT WAS COOL WHEN I WAS A YOUNGSTER BUT ONCE YOU GET PASSED ALL THAT ITS ALL ABOUT A NICE HIGH N CHILLIN WITH HOMIES...

WEED IS DECRIMINLIZED HOMIE YOU CAN HAVE UP TOO 3 OZ I THINK AND GET A TICKET, BACK IN THE DAYS THAT WAS ENUFF TO GET YOU IN JAIL...I THINK HAVING DRUGS ON CAMPUS MIGHT END YOU UP IN JAIL THATS WHY THE PIG WAS GIVIN YOU SHIT THAT AND YOUR A YOUNGSTER BUT FOOLS ALWAYS SAY SHIT SO YOU DONT DO IT AGAIN I WOULDNT TRUST WHAT A COP SAYS ANYWAYS.
in my school its if you have less than a gram they only suspend u but if u have more than a gram wich is like 10 dolars worth i think??? i dont know how much weed is worth what but i know if you have more than a gram theyll expel you and call the police and theyl charge you with possession and intent to distribute my skool is doing a new thing this year where they get random dog searches they used to never do that dont mean shit they tell you to drop wat ur doing n go into the hallway i had a dub of weed the first time n i just put it in my mouth ahaha damn i felt like a stupid ass

eastsidebloomas3ce
Associate

Back to top Go down

Post  eastsidebloomas3ce Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:27 am

OtayRLS wrote:
cray wrote:I do think atleast Marijuana should be legalized here in the U.S. but I'm not so sure about other drugs like Herion , cocaine etc.

not rly homie but that shit could give you bad headaches like just this weekend i had a fresh of the vine dub and i was smoking it throughout the weekend like 6-10 bowls a day and on sunday to rite now im still getting headaches idk i proly smoked cheap quality mids took a few days of skool

eastsidebloomas3ce
Associate

Back to top Go down

Post  American Zombie Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:52 am

Hmm. I'm not understanding what you mean by their wouldn't be any community backing it up? Anyway, my belief or stance on legalizing weed isn't about letting kids smoke at school to be cool, I'm not worried about that Lol.. I'm talking about it being legalized so that adults can choose to buy marijuana if they want the same way they do with alcohol.
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Number of posts : 6128

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/rothbard62.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Drop Out Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:05 am

eastsidebloomas3ce wrote:
OtayRLS wrote:

not rly homie but that shit could give you bad headaches like just this weekend i had a fresh of the vine dub and i was smoking it throughout the weekend like 6-10 bowls a day and on sunday to rite now im still getting headaches idk i proly smoked cheap quality mids took a few days of skool

LOOKIN AT A COMPUTER SCREEN TOO LONG CAN GIVE YOU HEADACHES LOL...
NA BUT WEED COMPARED TO HARD DRUGS AND EVEN ALCOHOL IS VERY TAME...

SHIT I SMOKE 5 BOWLS IN ONE SIT DOWN AND MAYB 3 GRAMS A WEEKEND AND I HAVE NO ISSUES WITH HEADACHES BUT WHEN I WAS A YOUNGSTER FUCKEN WITH STRESS I WOULD HAVE A HEADACHE OR TWO BUT NOTHING A LITTLE BEER WOULDNT HELP NOW I ONLY FUCK WITH KUSH AND MEDICAL BUD.

Drop Out
Protective Custody
Protective Custody

Back to top Go down

Post  Drop Out Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:28 am

DICER wrote:

in my school its if you have less than a gram they only suspend u but if u have more than a gram wich is like 10 dolars worth i think??? i dont know how much weed is worth what but i know if you have more than a gram theyll expel you and call the police and theyl charge you with possession and intent to distribute my skool is doing a new thing this year where they get random dog searches they used to never do that dont mean shit they tell you to drop wat ur doing n go into the hallway i had a dub of weed the first time n i just put it in my mouth ahaha damn i felt like a stupid ass

INTENT TO SALE WITH A GRAM? LOL I GUESS LAWS IN SCHOOLS HAVE GOT ALOT WORSE AND YEAH LAWS ON A CAMPUS ARE FAR MORE WORSE THAN OUTSIDE ON THE STREETS BUT THIS LAW TO LEGALIZE WEED IS NOT FOR SCHOOLS OR YOUNGSTERS IT WILL BE FOR ADULTS.

I WOULD THINK SCHOOLS WOULD BE MORE ON THE LOOK OUT FOR CLAVO LIKE THEY WERE WHEN I WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL...THEY DIDNT GIVE TWO SHITS IF YOU HAD BUD JUST GIVE US DETENTION AND TOOK THE BUD...BACK IN HIGH SCHOOL I WAS FUCKEN WITH OTHER DRUGS MORE THAN BUD AND GOING TO SCHOOL FUCKED UP OFF WHATEVER LOL...GOODTIMES.

Drop Out
Protective Custody
Protective Custody

Back to top Go down

Post  P_LOKO Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:42 am

DICER wrote:
OtayRLS wrote:

LOOKIN AT A COMPUTER SCREEN TOO LONG CAN GIVE YOU HEADACHES LOL...
NA BUT WEED COMPARED TO HARD DRUGS AND EVEN ALCOHOL IS VERY TAME...

SHIT I SMOKE 5 BOWLS IN ONE SIT DOWN AND MAYB 3 GRAMS A WEEKEND AND I HAVE NO ISSUES WITH HEADACHES BUT WHEN I WAS A YOUNGSTER FUCKEN WITH STRESS I WOULD HAVE A HEADACHE OR TWO BUT NOTHING A LITTLE BEER WOULDNT HELP NOW I ONLY FUCK WITH KUSH AND MEDICAL BUD.

Streezy smoke, nothing less
P_LOKO
P_LOKO
Boss

Number of posts : 3824
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down