Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Gang tax' demand made on parolee leads to arrest

2 posters

Go down

'Gang tax' demand made on parolee leads to arrest Empty 'Gang tax' demand made on parolee leads to arrest

Post  IXE Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:48 am

A reputed gang member was charged with attempted extortion last week for allegedly demanding a Chino Hills parolee either participate in gang activity or pay him $1,000.

Ruben Johnny Gonzales, a 56-year-old alleged Chino Sinners gang member, is accused of meeting the parolee at a Pomona parole office, then stalking the man's apartment demanding payment.

In a note left at the man's home, Gonzales allegedly wrote, "I don't want to play games. So don't play with me!!!"

Gonzales was arrested outside the parolee's home on April 16 by San Bernardino County sheriff's deputies. Prosecutors charged him Tuesday with attempted extortion and street terrorism.

He has pleaded not guilty to the charges and is next due in court Wednesday. He remained jailed in lieu of $300,000 bail Friday at West Valley Detention Center in Rancho Cucamonga.

According to an investigative report obtained Friday, the parolee recently moved to Chino Hills from Arizona, where the 38-year-old was imprisoned for burglary.

As part of his parole program, he was enrolled in drug treatment classes at a parole office in Pomona.

While attending a treatment course in late March, he was asked by another parolee in the program where he lived.

After the conversation ended, Gonzales approached the alleged victim and told him he overheard him say he lives in Chino, according to the report. The man told Gonzales he lived in Chino Hills, not Chino.

Gonzales then allegedly said that because the man lived in Chino Sinners gang territory, he had to "play or pay," meaning participate in gang activity or pay the gang $1,000.

The alleged victim told Gonzales he wasn't a gang member and dismissed his demand, and "did not think much of it at the time," the report says.

On April 13, while the parolee was attending drug treatment class in Pomona, Gonzales allegedly visited the man's apartment in Chino Hills.

The parolee's girlfriend was home at the time, and she told sheriff's investigators a man knocked on the door but she didn't answer. After the man left, she found the note demanding payment allegedly written by Gonzales.

Three days later, Gonzales and two other men came to the alleged victim's home and tried to collect the $1,000.

The alleged victim called the Sheriff's Department and the three men were arrested at the scene, though prosecutors have filed charges only against Gonzales.

After his arrest, Gonzales admitted to a sheriff's investigator that he left the note, the report says.

When the investigator asked Gonzales whether he was "charging" the alleged victim $1,000 for living in Chino Sinners gang territory, Gonzales reportedly responded, "Come on, you know I'm screwed no matter what I tell you."

"You do what you gotta do," he added. "I'm done."
IXE
IXE
Soldier

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

'Gang tax' demand made on parolee leads to arrest Empty Re: 'Gang tax' demand made on parolee leads to arrest

Post  wesiderider Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:04 pm

Stop slanging or pay up....now he's fucked cause his broad ratted.....too bad....

wesiderider
Made Member

Number of posts : 1343
Registration date : 2009-12-31

Back to top Go down