Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SB Liqour Ban

+7
wolfman
Drunky McThuggerton
FONTAxIE
SFxSTONER
JinkyRctongs
American Zombie
dstrm300
11 posters

Go down

SB Liqour Ban Empty SB Liqour Ban

Post  dstrm300 Tue May 04, 2010 3:14 pm

San Bernardino tightens alcohol rules
Andrew Edwards, Staff Writer
Posted: 05/03/2010 06:09:13 PM PDT

SAN BERNARDINO - Forty-ounce bottles of malt liquor and cheap fortified wines could soon disappear from cooler shelves in the wake of a new city law on alcohol sales.
The new law is intended to prevent customers from buying the kinds of cheap and potent beverages that make it easy to get drunk quickly. In addition to targeting high-alcohol drinks, the new law also prevents liquor stores from selling one beer at a time.

"Single sales is a serious public health issue," Mayor Pat Morris said after the City Council passed the law. "Around those sales sites we have increased criminal activity."

The council voted unanimously Monday to pass what's called a "deemed approved ordinance." The council passed the law with almost no public discussion, although 2nd Ward Councilman Jason Desjardins asked for reassurance that tighter alcohol rules would not hinder any future restaurants or nightclubs from opening downtown.

City Attorney James F. Penman replied that the law would be focused on liquor stores, not dining establishments. The council then voted, spending much more time during Monday's meeting debating whether to allow a food and beverage cart to operate in City Hall . No liquor store representatives addressed the council during the meeting.

The law's name comes from its provision that "deems" approval for liquor stores that do not hold conditional use permits. That approval is tied to new conditions restricting the sales of some alcohol

products believed to fuel crime and disorderly behavior.
San Bernardino's new law follows the city's 2009 efforts to clamp down on vendors who ignored provisions in their businesses' conditional-use permits banning single sales. Penman said after the vote that the new ordinance will address the current situation in which a mini-mart banned from selling 40s may be across the street from a store that can sell big bottles of malt liquor.

"The council today has taken a position to level the playing field," Penman said.

The new law prohibits sales of the following and malt liquor products: beer or malt liquor sold in individual containers of 40 ounces or less, malt liquor with an alcohol content greater than 5.5 percent, beer or malt liquor sold separately from factory packages of six containers or greater, coolers- whether wine- or malt liquor-based - sold in packages smaller than four-packs.

The provision against high-alcohol malt liquors would result in an outright ban on drinks such as Mickey's, Colt .45, Olde English 800 and Steel Reserve. These drinks all exceed the maximum alcohol content according to information available from Realbeer.com and Beer100.com.

Bans also apply to the following wine and hard liquor products: wine or distilled spirits sold in containers smaller than 750 milliliters; wine with an alcohol content greater than 14 percent by volume unless sold in corked bottles and aged at least two years; hard liquor sold in bottles smaller than 375 milliliters.

San Bernardino's new law also lays out procedures to revoke merchants' permission to sell alcohol. The ordinance empowers a city hearing officer to impose fines or cancel a liquor store's "deemed approved" status if the outlet is found to allow such nuisances as public drinking, littering, vandalism, public urination and the like.

The anti-nuisance provisions can also be employed against problem restaurants or clubs, Penman said.

The new law was passed as an urgency ordinance, which means it goes into effect immediately. City Hall must inform alcohol vendors of the new rules before the prohibitions can be enforced.
dstrm300
dstrm300
Made Member

Number of posts : 1201
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Back to top Go down

SB Liqour Ban Empty Re: SB Liqour Ban

Post  dstrm300 Tue May 04, 2010 3:19 pm

Are they serious? Seems like they really tyrna fucc with the lower class on this one. Most of the peolpe who drink these things only drink them because they dont have the money to get the more expensive shit, and 9 times out of 10 there not runnin around commiting no crimes. Atleast none bigger then the ones the white boys who drink coors or buds are doin. Its stupid, why punish everybody for certain peoples mistakes. Next they gonna wanna bring bacc prohibition to SB.
dstrm300
dstrm300
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  American Zombie Wed May 05, 2010 3:23 am

I'm against it...I think too often, governments like to deal with symptoms rather then understand what the root causes are..
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Number of posts : 6128
Registration date : 2008-01-19

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/rothbard62.html

Back to top Go down

Post  JinkyRctongs Wed May 05, 2010 5:28 am

Just hop over to Colton and get yourself a cold one.
JinkyRctongs
JinkyRctongs
Captain

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  dstrm300 Wed May 05, 2010 2:02 pm

what about the dudes that aint got a whip or have juss enuff for either the bus trip or thier brew? Its fucced up
dstrm300
dstrm300
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  SFxSTONER Wed May 05, 2010 3:44 pm

Sounds like the Mormons are running SB again.
SFxSTONER
SFxSTONER
Soldier

Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post  American Zombie Wed May 05, 2010 3:54 pm

Another thing is I become skeptical of these kind of bans..because it seems like putting restrictions on businesses can only hurt the local economy. Okay, they may argue it would be a tiny difference, I don't know, but why take things in that direction in a city that is struggling?
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  FONTAxIE Thu May 06, 2010 1:30 am

I SAY FUK ALL THAT BULLSHIT I NEED MY 40 KING KOBRA
FONTAxIE
FONTAxIE
Soldier

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunky McThuggerton Thu May 06, 2010 2:51 am

sux for yall. you all should go march for this encroachment on your civil liberties, first this whats next? fast food? nope they make too much money but are probably more unhealthy for you...

Drunky McThuggerton
Boss

Number of posts : 5175
Registration date : 2008-06-25

http://2012data.webs.com/theilluminati.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  American Zombie Thu May 06, 2010 3:21 pm

That is what I noticed happens with stuff like this though..Governments are more comfortable banning or over taxing things that are considered ''bad''. Like when they always want to increase the tax on cigarettes and beer...Because they know nobody out there will get outraged and fight for the rights of drinkers and smokers lol...
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfman Thu May 06, 2010 5:22 pm

Government also knows that they will collect big money from smokers and drinkers 'cause they will continue to smoke and drink day in, night out.. "addicts" don't quit just because of taxes.. thus, revenue keeps coming into them government coffers so that politicians can put them into pet projects which they need in order to get re-elected.
wolfman
wolfman
Captain

Number of posts : 1811
Registration date : 2009-12-13

http://13radicalriders14.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  CaliforniaRepublic Thu May 06, 2010 8:49 pm

I dont see how it's going to work. There's too many "what about's" that will plague the idea in general in that type of banning of product sale. I'm against it because i dont feel it's tackling the issue in the right direction. As a politician in the matter of being able to execute that plan, there should be other concerns on top of that in which they should be addressed first and delt with. This almost feels like a cheap shot.
CaliforniaRepublic
CaliforniaRepublic
Captain

Number of posts : 1763
Registration date : 2008-02-04

https://iestreetlife.aforumfree.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  SURCALMEX Thu May 06, 2010 9:33 pm

this law proposal is stupid as fuck muthafuckas who agree with this shit should all go to Utah Mad
SURCALMEX
SURCALMEX
Captain

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post  JinkyRctongs Thu May 06, 2010 10:45 pm

NYTE RYDS SAYS NO.
JinkyRctongs
JinkyRctongs
Captain

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Sun May 09, 2010 7:50 pm

Jae wrote:I dont see how it's going to work. There's too many "what about's" that will plague the idea in general in that type of banning of product sale. I'm against it because i dont feel it's tackling the issue in the right direction. As a politician in the matter of being able to execute that plan, there should be other concerns on top of that in which they should be addressed first and delt with. This almost feels like a cheap shot.

Not to mention that this ban is aimed towards the black and latino communties.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Number of posts : 7350

https://iestreetlife.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfman Sun May 09, 2010 8:12 pm

you'all looking at this the wrong way foos
werent you'all saying Berdo is the poorest city in the IxE?
you see, all these store owners are tired of your poor ass walking in there to score one can.. they want you to buy the whole six pack foolios. Theyre tired of your rinky dinky jingy grungy silly looking ass peddling around their stores for a quarter trying to get enough for a 32 ounce or a city hall.. they ain't making money off of your ass hanging around making their place look bad.. they want you to come in there with some hard earned cash made off of that gangsta life you live and buy the whole fridge full of birrias.. hell, grab a case at least.. at the very least a six.. fuck that caca de vaca one bottle or one can penny ass broke cagada.. you wanna get a high life buzz? why not keep it going when you score the whole carton? Money talks, bullshit walks locos.. take your broke ass somewhere else.. this ain't about keeping you happy on the parking lot.. this is about money making! A business is a business, and if you ain't part of the "real" money making business.. then you ain't got "no right" to even say cheit in law making city politics!!!
wolfman
wolfman
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  American Zombie Sun May 09, 2010 8:55 pm

wolfman wrote:you'all looking at this the wrong way foos
werent you'all saying Berdo is the poorest city in the IxE?
you see, all these store owners are tired of your poor ass walking in there to score one can.. they want you to buy the whole six pack foolios. Theyre tired of your rinky dinky jingy grungy silly looking ass peddling around their stores for a quarter trying to get enough for a 32 ounce or a city hall.. they ain't making money off of your ass hanging around making their place look bad.. they want you to come in there with some hard earned cash made off of that gangsta life you live and buy the whole fridge full of birrias.. hell, grab a case at least.. at the very least a six.. fuck that caca de vaca one bottle or one can penny ass broke cagada.. you wanna get a high life buzz? why not keep it going when you score the whole carton? Money talks, bullshit walks locos.. take your broke ass somewhere else.. this ain't about keeping you happy on the parking lot.. this is about money making! A business is a business, and if you ain't part of the "real" money making business.. then you ain't got "no right" to even say cheit in law making city politics!!!

I don't care if a business decides to make some kind of similar policy for its own store, but when the city itself makes the policy is when I become skeptical. Each business can decide on its own how it wants to do business.
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfman Sun May 09, 2010 10:05 pm

CRAYZ wrote:

I don't care if a business decides to make some kind of similar policy for its own store, but when the city itself makes the policy is when I become skeptical. Each business can decide on its own how it wants to do business.

You missed the ~> rinky dinky jingy grungy silly looking ass Wink part.. Bud eso is alwight loco mas pato, dont get me wrong clown

Homeboy, all I'm tryin 'ta say is that them down vatos hitting them likor stores for any single of anything ~> make shit bad for the rest of us!

They make the G world look bad.. they fucced up in their days and now they fucc it up 4 every 1 walking in there loccin to grab a brew off the rack

QUE NO?
wolfman
wolfman
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  ALCOHOLIC Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:32 pm

Liquor Ban? what is this utah fuck outta here
ALCOHOLIC