Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AL'PACINO

+2
wesiderider
wolfman
6 posters

Go down

AL'PACINO Empty AL'PACINO

Post  wolfman Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:34 pm

This Vato got some bad ass films stretching back close to 50 years.. You got flicks like EL PADRINO and SCARFACE, known by all.. and then you got some like DOG DAY AFTERNOON, when was that, 75?

So which are your favorite AL'PA'CHINO titles?.. and throw out a "quote" from it
wolfman
wolfman
Captain

Number of posts : 1811
Registration date : 2009-12-13

http://13radicalriders14.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

AL'PACINO Empty Re: AL'PACINO

Post  wesiderider Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:59 pm

Serpico 1973..." the reality is that we do not wash our own laundry....it just gets dirtier" Frank Serpico.

wesiderider
Made Member

Number of posts : 1343
Registration date : 2009-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post  3l3m3ntal Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:36 pm

Yeah, he has a stellar career. Tho, he is like alot of actors these days in that they lack diversity. In diversity I mean, haven't you noticed how many actors seem to be reprising the same roles over and over again but in different movies. The same schtick in every movie. Like Harrison Ford for instance, the constipated middle-ager expression or Sean Penn, the thousand yard stare. Al Pacino, imo, is one of those (and Robert De Niro too) only they aren't some suckweed like Nicolas Cage who can't act for piss they do got talent but aren't diverse. Yes, I am a celluloid legend blasphemer.

I'll tell you who has some acting chops and that is Leonardo DiCaprio. He has diversity imo.
3l3m3ntal
3l3m3ntal
Soldier

Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post  wesiderider Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:02 pm

I think Will Smith is a good actor, Tom Hanks another good actor as well.....imo...a diverse actor can play a comedic role in one movie action in another and so on(but convincing roles)....I personally thought Sean Penn was good in 'I am Sam'....and 'Mystic River'......

Last edited by wesiderider on Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

wesiderider
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  3l3m3ntal Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:13 pm

wesiderider wrote:I think Will Smith is a good actor, Tom Hanks another good actor as well.....imo...a diverse actor can play a comedic role in one movie action in another and so on(but convincing roles)....I personally thought Sean Penn was good in 'I am Sam'....and a 'River runs through it'......

So true, but I simply don't like Sean Penn as an actor, he uses the schtick in every movie. But you know what Sean Penn is an awesome director. He has directed The Indian Runner, The Crossing Guard, The Pledge, and my personal fav Into The Wild (real sad movie based on a biography about a dude that takes a road trip with the intention of living off the wilds of Alaska and it takes multiple bad turns).
3l3m3ntal
3l3m3ntal
Soldier

Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post  wesiderider Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:22 pm

3l3m3ntal wrote:
wesiderider wrote:I think Will Smith is a good actor, Tom Hanks another good actor as well.....imo...a diverse actor can play a comedic role in one movie action in another and so on(but convincing roles)....I personally thought Sean Penn was good in 'I am Sam'....and 'Mystic River'......

So true, but I simply don't like Sean Penn as an actor, he uses the schtick in every movie. But you know what Sean Penn is an awesome director. He has directed The Indian Runner, The Crossing Guard, The Pledge, and my personal fav Into The Wild (real sad movie based on a biography about a dude that takes a road trip with the intention of living off the wilds of Alaska and it takes multiple bad turns).

wesiderider
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  chang Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:46 pm

pacinos finest hour, carlito brigante in carlitos way, i fuckin loved that film, scarface might be more hardcore but carlitos way he made you give a fuck about what happened, you were wounded at the end when that little fuck benny blanco shot him just as he was about to get away with gail and leave the game behind him

chang
Soldier

Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post  wesiderider Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:12 pm

chang wrote:pacinos finest hour, carlito brigante in carlitos way, i fuckin loved that film, scarface might be more hardcore but carlitos way he made you give a fuck about what happened, you were wounded at the end when that little fuck benny blanco shot him just as he was about to get away with gail and leave the game behind him
The ironic thing about that role Benny Blanco (John Lequizamo) kills carlito in the end.....in the movie 'Empire'...Leguizamo gets killed himself in the ending of the movie.....

wesiderider
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  EVANS STR. GANG Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:37 pm

anyone seen Righteous Kill??? with Pacino & DeNiro.. pretty badd movie ey
EVANS STR. GANG
EVANS STR. GANG
Made Member

Number of posts : 1086
Registration date : 2009-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post  wesiderider Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:11 pm

Deniro has almost always played the 'gangster' role, in the films 'Analyze this' and the sequel 'Analize That' he successfully blended humor with the gangster role...ingenious!!!!!.....imo....

wesiderider
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ieprince Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:37 pm

suprised no ones mentioned Pacino in "The Godfather." I like him alot but (and I know ill get shit for this one) but i really believe scarface was not that great of a movie. I think its way overrated and was not his strongest role at all. As for sean penn I think hes a pretty diverse actor, i mean shit he played fuckin spicoli in fast times which is a far cry from I am sam and mystic river. He is a good director n i think he did into the wild which was great. One great actor which is always overlooked in mainstream hollywood is Steve Buscemi.

ieprince
Soldier

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post  wesiderider Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:16 pm

Another good actor would have to be John Malkovich....and imo, another up coming 'diverse' actor is Gerard Butler dude gots talent.......I thought Buscemi was cool in 'Armagedon'....

wesiderider
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ieprince Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:26 pm

ye john malkovich is a fantastic actor. i kinda lost some respect for gerard butler when he did that film with jennifer aniston but hey every actor has done at least one shitty movie in his career. gerard just made one early on.

ieprince
Soldier

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post  wesiderider Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:16 pm

I think she tried to duplicate the success of 'The Breakup' and at the time real life relationship with Vince Vaughn in the movie with Butler and their current relationship......she did better than Lopez/Affleck did....lol....

wesiderider
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum