Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it just me or is this true?

2 posters

Go down

Is it just me or is this true? Empty Is it just me or is this true?

Post  Cham Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:32 pm

Is it just me or is their more blood rappers than any other type of gang rappers? I don't see many crips like snoop or Nate (R.I.P) or Hispanic rappers for Hispanic mostly like lil rob Mr Capone-e and the other is what spm but his old. I think theirs some northerns too but cant really speak much on that cause I'm in southern cali so pretty ignorant on their thing. So why are their so many bloods in the media and music and why are they so good at marketing it? Like I would think this would be kinda a recruitment booster correct me if I'm wrong.

Like you know the game bird man and lil Wayne 2pac not one but affiliated yes mack 10 isn't cypress hill blood too might be wrong on last one? even got damuridas (old school) and others like in the game got socked thread theirs names of some that beef so I mean. What do yall think? Like why are blood rappers better at becoming famous and other peeps not to famous other than a hand few is it because they'd rather not be or don't have the skill or they just don't care? What are your thoughts? cat monkey

Cham
Associate

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2012-01-03

Back to top Go down

Is it just me or is this true? Empty Re: Is it just me or is this true?

Post  CaliforniaRepublic Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:15 am

This problem actually extends itself much further than just hip hop, but to keep it simple, i'll say this...

The reason why you see so many blood, or so-called blood rappers now-a-days is because of the influx of crip rappers you saw in the 90s. In the "urban" communities, there is a need to "out-do/out-shine" the next man and rep your own, and put yours on the map. So while all these crips was heavy in the 90s, bloods was underground brewing up a storm. So as the crips fell off mainstream, some of them bloods got in there and blew it up.

Being the underdog, and being something new, and standing out, mainstream america just ate it up and ran with it until it became so widely accepted, now you got fakes and wannabe's trying to "act/dress" like a blood even when they are not.

The problem, again, to keep it short and simple, is that there will be, and is, a brewing crip force underground seeking to climb back in the light. Kids (and even grown ups) are seeing this stuff and trying to bang harder than the next man to get heard, which that only causes problems for MANY communities. Being extra'd out is becoming the driving force of ignorance (with both bloods and crips) ready to get back it's fame. Often now-a-days you see bloods/crips (even old rivalries) working together just to bring the westcoast back. And there are ALOT of down south,midwest, and east coast artists that are TRYING their hardest to connect to westcoast (blood/crip) artists to get that "approval". ALL OF IT IS NEGATIVE and has a bad impact on the industry, urban culture, in general, but these corporate folks only see dollar signs, even in beefs. All the exploitation comes with REAL g's dying and mothers crying. Families broken. All for the sake of fame and money. But thats all life is. I caint call it. Cats like snoop who try to be "SUPER CRIP" are a perfect example now of whats brewing. Back when he was out on deathrow, he wasnt yelling none of that. Mack 10 became "super blood", lil wayne and Baby and them BECAME bloods,wtf!!?? There are TONS of examples i can give you of the shift. Even in hollywood, now you see bloods in movies portrayed in a different light, unlike before in the past.

And sureno rappers, lmao, that aint never going to make it mainstream. They typically dont rap good enough but they are sometimes using blacks (crips) to get shine but that usually fails. A few are really good, but its something about how they sound/ how they talk and how they rap that keeps them down. Alot of good ones though, but i can NEVER see that making it big. I prefer underground anyway though. Just my quick opinion.
CaliforniaRepublic
CaliforniaRepublic
Captain

Number of posts : 1763
Registration date : 2008-02-04

https://iestreetlife.aforumfree.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Cham Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:08 pm

To be honest I preferred underground too but one thing Ive noticed as me growing up (I'm young) is the mainstream has some truth to it. Like for example I didn't believe in the downplay of women and cops and stuff like that. Also money and superficial things the mainstream glorifies, but I like I said with life experiences comes wisdom and some women are foul and act a fool without them even noticing it(same for fool ass foos) and I'm like man all these girls like a certain type of guys at a young age guys that aren't like me per say so I'm bummed abut that it makes me think music is true. Then wouldn't you say that certain mainstream help the youth become more self confident and have better self esteem especially the kids that are born underprivileged its complicated I don't even understand it fully. While other music is just to bump and party to so I don't know. Question

Cham
Associate

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2012-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down