Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shooting on Mt. Vernon

3 posters

Go down

Shooting on Mt. Vernon Empty Shooting on Mt. Vernon

Post  dstrm300 Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:44 pm

Police are responding to a shooting.
Police did not immediately say whether the shooting was fatal, where it occurred or what the circumstances were.

The call came in just before 6 p.m. More details will be posted as they become available.

I'm getting told that there is a war between DHB and a Hispanic Westside hood right now. Anybody else heard anything like this? I was also told that which ever hood DHB is beefing with has issued a green light on all African American gang members in the area, this I find hard to believe but I have heard of this happening before. But the last time it was all blacc males wearing white t's which was a favorite of young males at the time. Is there any truth in any of this?
dstrm300
dstrm300
Made Member

Number of posts : 1201
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Back to top Go down

Shooting on Mt. Vernon Empty Re: Shooting on Mt. Vernon

Post  TumbleWeed Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:21 pm

dstrm300 wrote:Police are responding to a shooting.
Police did not immediately say whether the shooting was fatal, where it occurred or what the circumstances were.

The call came in just before 6 p.m. More details will be posted as they become available.

I'm getting told that there is a war between DHB and a Hispanic Westside hood right now. Anybody else heard anything like this? I was also told that which ever hood DHB is beefing with has issued a green light on all African American gang members in the area, this I find hard to believe but I have heard of this happening before. But the last time it was all blacc males wearing white t's which was a favorite of young males at the time. Is there any truth in any of this?

It's definitely happened before. In the early 90's, I can't remember if it was 93' or 94', but CSL and SCO had a war with DHB, PJG, the CG's etc. Bodies dropped from that on both sides. DHB has never really been on good terms with the ese's, they (DHB) are probably the most hated among the ese's on the westside.

I'll make a few calls and see what's going on...
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Number of posts : 7350
Registration date : 2008-01-19

https://iestreetlife.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ty Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:50 pm

NYTE RYDA wrote:
dstrm300 wrote:Police are responding to a shooting.

It's definitely happened before. In the early 90's, I can't remember if it was 93' or 94', but CSL and SCO had a war with DHB, PJG, the CG's etc. Bodies dropped from that on both sides. DHB has never really been on good terms with the ese's, they (DHB) are probably the most hated among the ese's on the westside.

I'll make a few calls and see what's going on...

Green lights have been issued in the past against the Heights but it is unlikely that a blanket order to hit all black males was issued. The two green light issued on the Heights in the early '90s were very specific and were the results of the murder of Paul Ortiz near the corner of California and Highland in an ill-advised ambush and a second confrontation between two prominent Heights shot-callers and Mr. Lazy while all were awaiting trial. One of those killed was Eddie Olave. Eddie was one of four Latino homies that went to Muscott Elementary back in the day. All but one are now dead. Eddie, Ronnie and Oscar Marufo and the fourth whose identity I'll keep out of this due to my respect for his efforts to change his life and staunch commitment to our friendship. Somethings are bigger than trivial disputes and he proved this time and again as we kicked ate lunch at the Mitla or the Amapola in the heart of 7th street turf during one of the aforementioned times of tension and mutual target sessions.

The Projects have often had run-ins with WSV as the two hood overlap but not much has come in the way of an actual shooting war. To be honest the Projects have never been keen on opening this can of worms as it would be a logistical nightmare. Far too many entry points to defend to provoke or pursue a battle with an enemy with such detailed knowledge of every corner of their hood. The Heights on the other hand had the tactical advantage of a little bit of distance between them those who targeted them. It is also more difficult for outsiders to navigate through the Heights safely without a detailed knowledge of the lay of the land. The city bus was another matter. A number of confrontations took place on the Omnitrans or at the movies before things finally died out. It is interesting that nothing much came of the beef between James Seay, Leonard Epps and the contingent from the Westside aligned with Lawie. I suppose the political ramifications of retaliation in that instance was too much for most to comprehend. Or perhaps the circumstance of those events were far too personal in nature for anyone to stick their nose into. Nonetheless viewing these events in retrospect I would say the overwhelming advantage has gone to those residing east of Pico...

Ty
Soldier

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down