Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The bright side of the last elections.

3 posters

Go down

The bright side of the last elections. Empty The bright side of the last elections.

Post  American Zombie Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:44 am

Let me put my Libertarian spin on the latest election.

1. LESS people voted in this election than in 08. Voter turn out plunged. Lots of people that voted for Obama last election, didn't this time. Romney got a lot less votes than John McCain did in 08, and John McCain was a really weak candidate. So this is great news that so many people felt that voting was a waste of their time, for whatever reason...Millions of people did not fall for the propaganda or endorse either candidate.

2. Romney lost. Both Obama and Romney were terrible choices, but I think Romney might have been slightly worse. He sounded more hawkish towards other countries, especially on China. He was going to be advised by war hungry neo cons, the same kind of people that brought us the Iraq war. Also, he was not a free market guy but the country may have viewed him as one. So when the economic collapse came, people would have blamed it on Romney's free market ideology, even though hes a cleary a statist economic interventionist.

3.Colorado and Washington want to legalize weed. This is another step towards more decentralization and liberty if those two states are able to nullify the federal ban on weed.

4. Obama won and the Republicans still control the house. This means that it won't be easy for either side to pass as many stupid bills on domestic policy or the economy. We can at least hope for gridlock in some cases.
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Number of posts : 6128
Registration date : 2008-01-19

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/rothbard62.html

Back to top Go down

The bright side of the last elections. Empty Re: The bright side of the last elections.

Post  Drunky McThuggerton Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:50 am

just a lil responce to that, the hurricane in new york is said to have dramatically affected the turnout in the northeast, only one state, Indiana, switched form obama to romney, and i read that there's already lawsuits that aim to overturn the weed laws in Washington and Colorado... but i dont necessarily disagree with ur message.

Drunky McThuggerton
Boss

Number of posts : 5175
Registration date : 2008-06-25

http://2012data.webs.com/theilluminati.htm

Back to top Go down

The bright side of the last elections. Empty Re: The bright side of the last elections.

Post  American Zombie Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:38 pm

Just want to add that although the state and the special interests that control it are never going to give up easily when it comes decriminalizing weed or any other drug, doesn't mean that this isn't a small victory towards more freedoms. The fact that it has gotten this far, to the point where people actively supported decriminalization in such large numbers is proof that the tide has already begun to turn in public opinion which means its only a matter of time before the final shift happens..
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  .02 cents Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:58 pm

RC wrote:Just want to add that although the state and the special interests that control it are never going to give up easily when it comes decriminalizing weed or any other drug, doesn't mean that this isn't a small victory towards more freedoms. The fact that it has gotten this far, to the point where people actively supported decriminalization in such large numbers is proof that the tide has already begun to turn in public opinion which means its only a matter of time before the final shift happens..

Maybe, if more people learned about proposed laws and voted instead of being non participants in a farce sham of a puppeteerd game, more states would actually have legalized weed and other things. But since most of us are complacent anti-everything dont want to get up off our asses, educate ourselves on issues at hand, and would much rather complain about our situations then actually put in work and do something about it... well we have what we have... Don't you just love libertarians...lol
.02 cents
.02 cents
Made Member

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post  American Zombie Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:22 pm

That's a legit point. But my view is that laws change as peoples minds change, whether people all vote or not. Public opinions shift and laws will end up reflecting that to a point. Me personally, I'm not a fan of voting in most cases, especially when it comes to voting for a leader (imposing a leader on other people) or choosing a lesser of two evils( evil is still evil) but I make exceptions when votes have Libertarian motives lol. For example, if I vote towards decriminalizing weed, I'm not voting to impose my will on someone else, I'm not using the voting booth to forcibly take property from someone else or impose my preferred leader on them. It would only be to stop the state from infringing on someone else's rights to own a specific plant that the state arbitrary deemed unlawful. So from that point of view, the vote is being used to free someone rather than enslave. Like the difference between using a gun for self defense/to defend the innocent or to use to rob someone else.
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down