Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OLD RIVERSIDE ARTICLES

+10
dstrm300
American Zombie
SURCALMEX
TumbleWeed
Drunky McThuggerton
Shadowplay
P_LOKO
SSPERROS:.RUBIDUKES
{~Vicente~}
W.Devil
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

OLD RIVERSIDE ARTICLES - Page 3 Empty Re: OLD RIVERSIDE ARTICLES

Post  Drop Out Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:55 pm

NYTE RYDA wrote:When I was in the mid west 2 years ago, in Cleveland Oh, there were dilapidated borded up "homes" going for as low as $39,000 no joke.

DAMN YOU FOR REAL HOMIE? THATS LIKE HALF OF WHAT ULL PAY FOR A MOBLE HOME IN SOME SHITY ASS TRAILER PARK.

Drop Out
Protective Custody
Protective Custody

Number of posts : 5006
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:00 pm

Yeah serious with it. This was in East Cleveland apparently rated as the poorest area in the country.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Number of posts : 7350
Registration date : 2008-01-19

https://iestreetlife.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Drop Out Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:03 pm

ONE SPOT I KNOW THERES MAFIA CRIPS IN ONTERIO WAS OFF MOUNTAIN AND 4th ACROSS FROM THAT TWO STORY OFFICE/SHOPPN/CHAFFEY WEST CONT. HIGH SCHOOL ACROSS FROM THERE ARE SOME APPERTMENTS THAT CONNECTS WITH 4th STREET N 5th STREET PARK IN WEST ONTA, MY LADY WENT TO THAT LIL CONT. SCHOOL N SAID THERE WAS ALOT OF BLACK FOOLS THERE THAT CLAIMED AN LA MAFIA N POMONA MAFIA CRIP ON SOME TAGGERS...N THEY GOT SOME NUMBERS THERE TO BUT JUST KEEP TO THEM SELFS MOST THE TIME...I KNEW SOME YOUNGSTER FROM THERE THAT I WENT TO SCHOOL WITH WHEN I FIRST HEARD THEY WERE THERE.

Drop Out
Protective Custody
Protective Custody

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:06 pm

The 99 Mafias from LA diss the Pomona Mafias. There's alot of hatred that goes on between them. They don't kick it.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Drop Out Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:16 pm

I DONT KNOW ALL THESE MAFIA GANGS BUT MY LADY SAID ONE CLAMED LA AND THE OTHER 3 CLAIMED POMONA...MAYB IT COULD HAVE BEEN SOME OFF BEAT YOUNGSTER SHIT THESE FOOLS ARE DOING NOW I DONT KNOW? OR SOME FOOLS JUST CLAIMING BUT POMONA MAFIA WERE ALL THRO MOUNTAIN N 4th JUST TRYN TO PROVE THERES ALOT OF Bs N Cs THRO OUT THE WEST-END JUST,SCATTERED AROUND...MOSTLY FROM POMONA LAYN LOW BUT THATS OLD NEWS AS YOU KNOW.

Drop Out
Protective Custody
Protective Custody

Back to top Go down

Post  dstrm300 Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:50 am

u never kno now & days wit bangin. I kno sum PJ Watts niggas that kicc it wit sum Grape streeters, sum Hoovers that kicc it with sum Nieghborhood niggaz. The game all twisted now. To be truthful the ese gangs wont do that as much as the blaccs, they tend to keep there enemies at a distance at all times until it's time 2 do they dirt. Dont kno where these new rules came from where a hood kiccs it wit they enemies
dstrm300
dstrm300
Made Member

Number of posts : 1201
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Back to top Go down

OLD RIVERSIDE ARTICLES - Page 3 Empty SOME NEWER NEWS

Post  SSPERROS:.RUBIDUKES Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:16 pm

Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 19:04:57 -0600 (CST)
Subject: RPD Press Announcement: Carjack Suspect In-Custody

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Date: Sunday, December 7, 2008
Phone: (951) 353-7933

Carjack Suspect In-Custody

Riverside, CA – On Sunday, December 07, 2008 at about 3:00pm the Riverside Police Department Communications Center received a phone call regarding a Carjacking that just occurred from the 7/11 store in the 5000 block of La Sierra. Information was developed that led officers to the 11000 block of Cypress where the suspect was last seen running toward the hills. The stolen car was located in the same area. With the assistance of the police helicopter, officers established a perimeter. The armed (handgun) suspect was located hiding behind some rocks and trees and taken into custody with the assistance of a canine officer.

Several items of evidence linking the suspect to the crime were located at the scene. The suspect was booked into the Robert Presley Detention Center.

Anyone with information about this robbery is urged to contact the Riverside Police Department Robbery Division at (951) 353-7106.

Suspect: Tatanoa, Paula - Male Adult - 32 years - Colton Resident.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 19:06:31 -0600 (CST)
Subject: RPD Press Announcement: Robbery suspect is apprehended

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Date: Monday, December 8, 2008
Phone: (951) 351-7930

Robbery suspect is apprehended

Riverside, CA -- On Monday, December 8, 2008, at about 0550 hours, an adult employee of Stater Bros (located at 4680 La Sierra) was waiting in his vehicle before work when an armed suspect confronted him. The suspect pointed the gun at the victim and demanded money. The victim was then ordered to drive to an ATM to withdraw cash. Alert employees inside Stater Bros witnessed the crime in progress, exited the store and were threatened by the suspect if they tried to interfere.

When the vehicle drove away, a 911 call was placed immediately. The dispatcher quickly obtained information that the vehicle had driven to the Bank of America across from Stater Brothers and this was relayed to responding units. Officers converged on the vehicle while at the drive-up ATM machine, the suspect was apprehended and the victim was safely rescued.

The suspect, Alejandro Jimenez Ceja, 20, of Riverside was charged with Robbery (211 PC), Kidnapping for Ransom (209b1 PC) and Terrorist Threats (422 PC).

THIS FOOL WENT TO THE BANK ACROSS THE STREET, LOL
Associate

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  {~Vicente~} Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:25 pm

North High campus tense after double homicide; one victim identified

Download story podcast

10:00 PM PST on Monday, December 15, 2008

By BRIAN ROKOS
The Press-Enterprise

The North High School campus was tense Monday because of a lunchtime verbal altercation believed to be a result of a double homicide Sunday that claimed the life of a North student.

Riverside police responded to a report of students threatening to fight, and officers stayed on campus the remainder of the day, a Riverside Police Department news release said.

Calling the homicides gang related, the release said police will be on campus as long as necessary.

Earlier Monday, investigators released the name of one of the two victims.

Eighteen-year-old Salvador Gilbert Soliz died within minutes of the 12:11 a.m. violence along the 1800 block of Enterprise Avenue, Riverside County coroner's officials said in a written statement.

The shootings took place early Sunday morning outside a party. Witnesses heard as many as five gunshots.

The gunman, who reportedly was not attending the party, fled immediately. No arrests have been made.

Officials have not released the name of the 16-year-old North student who was killed.

Anyone with information about the homicides is asked to contact Detective Mike Medici at 951-353-7904.
{~Vicente~}
{~Vicente~}
Soldier

Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2008-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:51 pm

How is that an OLD article?
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  W.Devil Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:53 pm

lol..

fuckin starvation messing with his mind again
W.Devil
W.Devil
UnderBoss

Number of posts : 2977
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:10 pm

LOL!
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  {~Vicente~} Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:14 pm

thats from today go on pe.com
{~Vicente~}
{~Vicente~}
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Drop Out Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:45 pm

THEY DO REPORTS ON ALMOST RIOTS NOW? SHIT WHEN THERE WAS THE MOHI RIOT OF 95 THEY DIDNT REPORT SHIT.

Drop Out
Protective Custody
Protective Custody

Back to top Go down

Post  P_LOKO Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:02 pm

SSPERROS:.RUBIDUKES wrote:
Riverside, CA -- On Monday, December 8, 2008, at about 0550 hours, an adult employee of Stater Bros (located at 4680 La Sierra) was waiting in his vehicle before work when an armed suspect confronted him. The suspect pointed the gun at the victim and demanded money. The victim was then ordered to drive to an ATM to withdraw cash. Alert employees inside Stater Bros witnessed the crime in progress, exited the store and were threatened by the suspect if they tried to interfere.

When the vehicle drove away, a 911 call was placed immediately. The dispatcher quickly obtained information that the vehicle had driven to the Bank of America across from Stater Brothers and this was relayed to responding units. Officers converged on the vehicle while at the drive-up ATM machine, the suspect was apprehended and the victim was safely rescued.

The suspect, Alejandro Jimenez Ceja, 20, of Riverside was charged with Robbery (211 PC), Kidnapping for Ransom (209b1 PC) and Terrorist Threats (422 PC).

THIS FOOL WENT TO THE BANK ACROSS THE STREET, LOL

LMAO...this robber dude was already confronted by the Stater Bros employees who walked out the store to see what the hell was going on, and he still made dude drive RIGHT across the street to the ATM while all the employees were still watching from the Stater Bros...That's what I call BURNT OUT LOL.
P_LOKO
P_LOKO
Boss

Number of posts : 3824
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post  {~Vicente~} Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:13 am

its because it was huge, and the double homicde
{~Vicente~}
{~Vicente~}
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  {~Vicente~} Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:55 pm

North High School campus tense after student's death

Download story podcast

10:00 PM PST on Tuesday, December 16, 2008

By JESSICA LOGAN
The Press-Enterprise

Tensions remained elevated Tuesday at North High School after a weekend shooting claimed the life of one of the school's students and an 18-year-old man, police and school officials said.

Absences doubled at the school Tuesday amid rumors of guns and further violence, but no fights erupted, Principal Dale Kinnear said. About 400 of the school's 2,500 students were out.

A 16-year-old student, whose name has not yet been released, was declared dead early Sunday after a shooting at a party in the 1800 block of Enterprise Avenue in Riverside. The shooting also took the life of 18-year-old Salvador Gilbert Soliz, said Riverside police Detective Mike Medici.

Police investigators do not believe the victims belonged to a gang, but gang tensions may have caused the shooting, Medici said.

About 200 Hispanic students squared off against about 10 African-American students Monday at North High School over the shooting, but there was no violence, Kinnear said.

About 10 students were suspended from school. Kinnear scheduled meetings with parents and students throughout the week and the Police Department sent additional officers to the school to quell any future problems.

Keahna Fontenot, a 16-year-old junior at North High School, said she starts to get nervous during sixth period, the last period of the day, that violence will break out after school.

Her mother asked her whether she wanted to stay home Tuesday, but Keahna said she would miss too much at school.

Jose Hernandez picked up his 15-year-old daughter early from school Tuesday because he heard there was going to be a shooting. "You never know who is going to be next," Hernandez said.

Keahna and her friend Lakeisha Morrison, a 17- year-old senior, think the administration should investigate rumors of guns at school more seriously, search more students and install a metal detector. There are no metal detectors in the school district.

"In my experience with metal detectors, they don't work," Kinnear said. "If I thought there was anything else I could do, I would be doing it."

The student who was killed was doing well in college preparation classes, the principal said.

"Academically, he had a positive future."

Kinnear said the racial tension on his campus is less than on other campuses, and an arrest would alleviate it.

Detective Medici is less optimistic.

"I suppose it would help the situation, but no, I don't think one arrest would ease all the tension at the school," he said.

Several students said a large confrontation between African-American and Hispanic students happens every year. North High School is located in the University neighborhood and enrolls students from the Eastside neighborhood.

Riverside police Lt. Larry Gonzalez said this situation is more serious than in the past and patrols have been beefed up accordingly.

"We've had maybe one or two isolated incidents (in the past) but nothing of this magnitude," Gonzalez said.

Medici said some people at the party have given statements, but others are afraid of gang retaliation.

He said he is working on several leads but does not yet have a solid description of the two suspects who walked up to people in front of a home and opened fire. He said the gunmen appear to have shot the victims randomly.

Anyone with information about the shooting can call Medici at 951-353-7104 or Detective Jim Brandt at 951-353-7137

Reach Jessica Logan at 951-368-9466 or jlogan@PE.com
{~Vicente~}
{~Vicente~}
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  {~Vicente~} Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:07 pm

the 200 students was at the beginning of lunch, but there were several hundred people ready to rumble throughout lunch on monday, tuesday we had a helicopter because of the gun threats, and we might get metal detectors but im not sure
{~Vicente~}
{~Vicente~}
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  CaliforniaRepublic Thu May 06, 2010 10:49 am

About the number of gangs that that one website listed that you guys were talking about. I think it's "somewhat" accurate, in the sense that they are looking at it like every clique/sub-clique from ANY gang is a gang of itself.

In example, if OVS got 10 cliques, thats 11 gangs in the eyes of the police dept. To us, thats ONE gang though. See what i'm saying? Add ESO cliques, NSO cliques, C9's cliques, ATM, HB, all the 456's, PDL's, CPP's, 60's, Hoovers, TCG, 99's, and ECC cliques or whoever that are out here and you got a pretty big gang list EVEN though these cats dont really have no hoods. There's ALOT of bloods and crips and pirus in ontario. And alot of surenos from l.a. around too, with good numbers. But with just 5-10 homies it's enough to be labeled a clique and to claim an area as your own wether your from here or not. And to the police dept, thats enough to be considered a gang.

If you run into 6 guys, at different times, who are in the same general area and claiming the same thing, you'll, like anybody else who notices it, will label that as "their" gang area wether they are co-existing with another gang or not. This is the police departments mentality so thats how they figure out the number of gangs in the city. If they find enough people reppin the same thing in an area, they label it a gang/area. Nothing new, but i'm sure thats how this list is compiled. Wether it's an actual gang or just a clique, in reality, it's all the same if they putting in work and dressing alike, right?

But none-the-less, i thought the list was interesting. I still use it as a reference as to "who" were they talking about in labelling these so-called gangs in their city. Lol, it gives me something to do and it's how i found out about some areas. Even with an exxageration sometimes, you always find some truth hidden in the bushes, ya know.
CaliforniaRepublic
CaliforniaRepublic
Captain

Number of posts : 1763
Registration date : 2008-02-04

https://iestreetlife.aforumfree.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfman Thu May 06, 2010 5:19 pm

PD don't go by the same definitions for a gang as the gangsters do. To PD is like this, if you "operate" in the city, and there's more than two of you crimees doing some work in the streets, than you're a "gang".. simple as that! It goes well for statistics, and statistics means their jobs are secured and their kids can go to college. Politicians love it.. they love that kind of PD hype in their meetings.
wolfman
wolfman
Captain

Number of posts : 1811
Registration date : 2009-12-13

http://13radicalriders14.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  SURCALMEX Thu May 06, 2010 9:38 pm

Jae wrote:About the number of gangs that that one website listed that you guys were talking about. I think it's "somewhat" accurate, in the sense that they are looking at it like every clique/sub-clique from ANY gang is a gang of itself.

In example, if OVS got 10 cliques, thats 11 gangs in the eyes of the police dept. To us, thats ONE gang though. See what i'm saying? Add ESO cliques, NSO cliques, C9's cliques, ATM, HB, all the 456's, PDL's, CPP's, 60's, Hoovers, TCG, 99's, and ECC cliques or whoever that are out here and you got a pretty big gang list EVEN though these cats dont really have no hoods. There's ALOT of bloods and crips and pirus in ontario. And alot of surenos from l.a. around too, with good numbers. But with just 5-10 homies it's enough to be labeled a clique and to claim an area as your own wether your from here or not. And to the police dept, thats enough to be considered a gang.

If you run into 6 guys, at different times, who are in the same general area and claiming the same thing, you'll, like anybody else who notices it, will label that as "their" gang area wether they are co-existing with another gang or not. This is the police departments mentality so thats how they figure out the number of gangs in the city. If they find enough people reppin the same thing in an area, they label it a gang/area. Nothing new, but i'm sure thats how this list is compiled. Wether it's an actual gang or just a clique, in reality, it's all the same if they putting in work and dressing alike, right?

But none-the-less, i thought the list was interesting. I still use it as a reference as to "who" were they talking about in labelling these so-called gangs in their city. Lol, it gives me something to do and it's how i found out about some areas. Even with an exxageration sometimes, you always find some truth hidden in the bushes, ya know.

So I guess the PD also counts tagbanger crews as gangs as well
SURCALMEX
SURCALMEX
Captain

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

OLD RIVERSIDE ARTICLES - Page 3 Empty ARLANZA 13 & 5150 articles

Post  EVANS STR. GANG Thu May 13, 2010 7:42 pm

Killings on rise in city areas
RIVERSIDE: Gangs are thought to be responsible for seven homicides in Arlanza and La Sierra.
07:56 AM PST on Friday, January 18, 2008
By JOHN ASBURY
The Press-Enterprise

RIVERSIDE - Friends say Juan Carlos Isais was trying to get away from the trouble and gang activity in the Arlanza neighborhood where he grew up. The 23-year-old Norte Vista High School graduate was looking for a job and trying to cut ties with those who might cause problems.
Violence followed him to a party late on the night of Jan. 12. Police said a group of uninvited gang members returned with guns after a fight at the house on Trey Street and opened fire, fatally striking Isais and injuring another man.
"He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time," childhood friend Simon Arroyo said during a car wash benefit at Bryant Park for Isais that continues through Saturday. "He isolated himself; that's the only way to move on."
A new generation of middle school and high school gang members is developing in schools, causing a re-emergence of many of the gangs, Riverside police Lt. Bob Williams said. Though the area was mostly calm during the past year, gang crimes, including shootings and tagging, have increased, Williams said.
Isais' death was the third killing in the past month for the Arlanza and southern La Sierra areas, which are southwest of Arlington Avenue and Van Buren Boulevard. Police said though the crimes may not be connected, they all appear to be gang related.
Arlanza resident Al Figueroa washed cars this week while wearing a T-shirt that reads "R.I.P. Luis Ceja," who was killed in San Bernardino two years ago. Isais is the third friend of Figueroa's who was shot to death.
"It happens and it's tough," Figueroa said. "Over here you can't expect anything. You don't know who has a gun."
The recent spate of violence follows a history of crime in the area. Since January 2006, the Arlanza/Southern La Sierra area has seen seven homicides, accounting for almost one third of homicides in Riverside during that period.
"Arlanza has emerged as a trouble spot over the past several years," Riverside police spokesman Steven Frasher said. "It's probably one of our greatest areas of concerns."
On Dec. 15, Henry Stewart Robles, 30, was shot and killed by unknown visitors who opened fire at a party on Inwood Drive in Southern La Sierra.
A week later in Arlanza, a group of men robbed two men, fatally stabbing Manuel Sanchez Rosas, 42, in front of a market on Philbin and Rutland avenues on Christmas Eve. Police have no suspects in either killing but have identified gang motives or trends in a turf associated with the "Arlanza 13" gang and the "51-50's" gang.
"They're trying to get a name for themselves, which has (fostered) the evolution of gangs in the Arlanza area," Williams said.
Police have increased patrols in the neighborhood in the past seven months, adding three officers to patrols that have made several arrests for tagging.
Hope for the Future
Residents, police and community leaders acknowledge that violence has been a problem, but they argue that the area as a whole should not be tarnished by the crime that mostly involves gangs.
"I think we've taken our eye off the ball for other areas, not realizing how desperate the Arlanza area is," said Riverside City Councilwoman Nancy Hart, whose Ward 6 includes Arlanza. "Sometimes if we step on a gang somewhere else, like the Eastside, it might tend to migrate to Arlanza."
Riverside police and the Riverside County district attorney's office conducted a sweep of the "51-50's" gang last summer and conducted another gang sweep in 2006. Police say that while clampdowns in other parts of the city may have caused gangs to spill over to other areas, it hasn't been a major cause of the violence.
Arlanza was pinpointed in 2000 as one of the city's areas most in need of services because of youth violence, low incomes and a lack of child care and affordable housing, said Roxie Alcaraz, project manager for the Youth Violence Prevention Center based at UC Riverside.
City leaders and activists say community programs and civic improvements have helped. They cite the opening of the Arlanza Community Center and day care facility at Bryant Park in 2003, and the city's expected addition this year of a fitness center and boxing club at the park. They hope the facilities will help return ownership of the neighborhood to the residents. A sign that reads "Neighborhoods that work 2002" is now marred with graffiti.
Also since 2000, the city and the police department have formed closer relationships with the community, offering counseling and forming the Arlanza neighborhood partnership among other assistance, Alcaraz said. She said benefits of the programs may not be seen for five to 10 years.
"It's not fair to paint Arlanza with that (negative) brush all the time. A lot of good families have lived here a long time that haven't shot at each other. It's a pretty stable neighborhood," said Hart, a 40-year Arlanza resident. "The reason it's unfairly portrayed is a lot of garbage goes on here."

As Riverside and its residents try to take back Arlanza neighborhood, stronger gangs emerge
10:00 PM PST on Thursday, January 17, 2008
By JOHN ASBURY
The Press-Enterprise
RIVERSIDE - Friends say Juan Carlos Isais was trying to get away from the trouble and gang activity in the Arlanza neighborhood where he grew up. The 23-year-old Norte Vista High School graduate was looking for a job and trying to cut ties with those who might cause problems.
Violence followed him to a party late on the night of Jan. 12. Police said a group of uninvited gang members returned with guns after a fight at the house on Trey Street and opened fire, fatally striking Isais and injuring another man.
"He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time," childhood friend Simon Arroyo said during a car wash benefit at Bryant Park for Isais that continues through Saturday. "He isolated himself; that's the only way to move on."
A new generation of middle school and high school gang members is developing in schools, causing a re-emergence of many of the gangs, Riverside police Lt. Bob Williams said. Though the area was mostly calm during the past year, gang crimes, including shootings and tagging, have increased, Williams said.
Isais' death was the third killing in the past month for the Arlanza and southern La Sierra areas, which are southwest of Arlington Avenue and Van Buren Boulevard. Police said though the crimes may not be connected, they all appear to be gang related.
Arlanza resident Al Figueroa washed cars this week while wearing a T-shirt that reads "R.I.P. Luis Ceja," who was killed in San Bernardino two years ago. Isais is the third friend of Figueroa's who was shot to death.
"It happens and it's tough," Figueroa said. "Over here you can't expect anything. You don't know who has a gun."
The recent spate of violence follows a history of crime in the area. Since January 2006, the Arlanza/Southern La Sierra area has seen seven homicides, accounting for almost one third of homicides in Riverside during that period.
"Arlanza has emerged as a trouble spot over the past several years," Riverside police spokesman Steven Frasher said. "It's probably one of our greatest areas of concerns."
On Dec. 15, Henry Stewart Robles, 30, was shot and killed by unknown visitors who opened fire at a party on Inwood Drive in Southern La Sierra.
A week later in Arlanza, a group of men robbed two men, fatally stabbing Manuel Sanchez Rosas, 42, in front of a market on Philbin and Rutland avenues on Christmas Eve. Police have no suspects in either killing but have identified gang motives or trends in a turf associated with the "Arlanza 13" gang and the "51-50's" gang.
"They're trying to get a name for themselves, which has (fostered) the evolution of gangs in the Arlanza area," Williams said.
Police have increased patrols in the neighborhood in the past seven months, adding three officers to patrols that have made several arrests for tagging.
Residents, police and community leaders acknowledge that violence has been a problem, but they argue that the area as a whole should not be tarnished by the crime that mostly involves gangs.
"I think we've taken our eye off the ball for other areas, not realizing how desperate the Arlanza area is," said Riverside City Councilwoman Nancy Hart, whose Ward 6 includes Arlanza. "Sometimes if we step on a gang somewhere else, like the Eastside, it might tend to migrate to Arlanza."

10:52 PM PDT on Sunday, September 7, 2008

riverside

Police investigating man found in park

Police are investigating the death of a man who was shot and killed late Saturday night.

Manuel Augustin Flores, 41, of Riverside was shot about 10:54 p.m. in John Bryant Park on Philbin Avenue in Riverside, according to the Riverside Police Department and county coroner's office.

He suffered several gun shot wounds to the upper torso and was taken by ambulance to Parkview Community Hospital in Riverside where he was pronounced dead, stated a Police Department news release.

Authorities ask anyone with information to call detectives Mike Medici at 951-353-7104 or Jim Brandt at 951-353-7137.

--Sonja Bjelland

Riverside police investigate Arlanza-area fight that left three injured
10:00 PM PDT on Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Press-Enterprise

Two men were stabbed and a third man shot during a fight Tuesday night.

Police are investigating the fight that Riverside police Lt. Ed Blevins described as retaliation for a fight earlier in the evening.

About 10:15 p.m. Tuesday, police received a report of fight in the 10300 block of Stover Avenue in the Arlanza neighborhood of Riverside, according to a shift log.

An officer responding to the fight pulled over a vehicle suspected to be involved and discovered one man inside had a stab wound to his hand, the log stated.

During the investigation, officers learned another man had been stabbed in the upper torso and a third was shot in the leg, Blevins said.

None of the injuries were life-threatening, he said. Officers found three guns at the scene, according to the log.

No arrests have been made, Blevins said. Gang investigators are assisting in the investigation but Blevins said it was unclear if the fight was gang-related.

Riverside teens charged in slaying; to be tried as adults
RIVERSIDE - Two teenagers arrested earlier this month in connection with two stabbings that left one man dead and another injured have been charged with murder and will be tried as adults.

Jesus Albert Castillo, 17, and Raul Eduardo Delcid, 16, also have been charged with attempted murder and participation in a criminal street gang, said Ingrid Wyatt, a spokeswoman for the Riverside County District Attorney's office.

If convicted of all charges, the teenagers face a maximum sentence of life in prison without the possibility of parole.

They have both entered not guilty pleas. The teens are due back in court on April 3.

Castillo and Delcid were arrested March 15 at their Arlanza homes by Riverside Police officers.

During a search of their homes, investigators found a stolen gun and assault weapons, according to a Riverside Police Department news release.

They are being held at Juvenile Hall in lieu of $1 million bail.

The two men -- an 18-year-old whom police have not identified and 35-year-old Gerard David Phillips, who was slain, -- were stabbed during a fight Feb. 16 in the 5800 block of Montgomery Avenue in Riverside.
EVANS STR. GANG
EVANS STR. GANG
Made Member

Number of posts : 1086
Registration date : 2009-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3