Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rockabilly oriented gangs

+5
TumbleWeed
American Zombie
Drunky McThuggerton
wolfman
Abys
9 posters

Go down

Rockabilly oriented gangs Empty Rockabilly oriented gangs

Post  Abys Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:36 pm

What do people think of the whole surge of gangs based on the 50's greaser shit? Most of them seem to just chill in their neighborhoods and drink, and fight with others occasionally. I ran with one for a while called The Rebels in Covina. They were founded in 1952 in Cuba and brought over here by the current heads grandpa. It was pretty cool. We beefed with a couple other gangs of the same nature, the Los Gallos in El Monte, and the Original Sinners in Pasadena.
They're usually Mexican oriented, but TR was mostly Cuban/Mexican/white, with a few blacks. I'm not even into the greaser shit, but I got put down. It seemed like a fairly normal gang except for the greasers in it. I had to get jumped in, and burned with a lucky strike cigarette and shit. Most of the members were in their 30's-40's and I was pretty young. I guess since I left, TR has expanded to a bunch of places in Ca, and NV.

There's a fuck ton of these gangs though, a few off the top of my head are

The Rebels
Lucky Rollers
Midnight Creepers
The Apaches
Original Sinners
Los Gallos

And countless others.
Abys
Abys
Wannabe

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2013-11-25
Location : SGV

Back to top Go down

Rockabilly oriented gangs Empty Re: Rockabilly oriented gangs

Post  wolfman Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:08 am

yeah well you know, me personally i'm not into the style, but i think it's fucking sick kool

i got a compa who's all into to that, and i've gone to a couple of jams with him
they go wherever the event is at, san diego, las vegas, san fernando valley, san gabriel valley, wherever
and a lot of ex varrio raza drifted away from the gang banger world into this hip cat world from the 50's

from what little i know, it seems like some of those clubs couldn't break off and resist the call of the streets
and they became street gangs

like the moon lite cats
and the krazy katz

both of those i hear where at one time rock-a-billy stylers
wolfman
wolfman
Captain

Number of posts : 1811
Registration date : 2009-12-13

http://13radicalriders14.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Rockabilly oriented gangs Empty Re: Rockabilly oriented gangs

Post  Abys Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:54 am

wolfman wrote:yeah well you know, me personally i'm not into the style, but i think it's fucking sick kool

i got a compa who's all into to that, and i've gone to a couple of jams with him
they go wherever the event is at, san diego, las vegas, san fernando valley, san gabriel valley, wherever
and a lot of ex varrio raza drifted away from the gang banger world into this hip cat world from the 50's

from what little i know, it seems like some of those clubs couldn't break off and resist the call of the streets
and they became street gangs

like the moon lite cats
and the krazy katz

both of those i hear where at one time rock-a-billy stylers
wolfman wrote:yeah well you know, me personally i'm not into the style, but i think it's fucking sick kool

i got a compa who's all into to that, and i've gone to a couple of jams with him
they go wherever the event is at, san diego, las vegas, san fernando valley, san gabriel valley, wherever
and a lot of ex varrio raza drifted away from the gang banger world into this hip cat world from the 50's

from what little i know, it seems like some of those clubs couldn't break off and resist the call of the streets
and they became street gangs

like the moon lite cats
and the krazy kat

both of those i hear where at one time rock-a-billy stylers
Yeah man, there's a bunch of them, and it's always weird to me that they never show up on the radar to other gangs. I know not all of the old school greaser cliques run like gangs, but alot of them do. The Rebels certainly did. They still hold the same ground in Downtown Covina, like a few blocks around the Hollenbeck park area, and a couple blocks in Charter Oak. They usually kick it with other greaser gangs, or smaller gangs. 
It was cool most of the time, but I have some stories hahah.
Abys
Abys
Wannabe

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2013-11-25
Location : SGV

Back to top Go down

Rockabilly oriented gangs Empty Re: Rockabilly oriented gangs

Post  Drunky McThuggerton Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:38 pm

never really heard or seem any of them, i mean i see greasers but i never thought to affiliate them with any gang. didnt even know they had gangs really. i would if thought they had "clubs" like some of the old original barrios had, like 12th street and what not.

_________________
Rockabilly oriented gangs Tumblr_mqme74RWKy1rccvsco1_500

Drunky McThuggerton
Boss

Number of posts : 5175
Registration date : 2008-06-25
Age : 90
Location : Everywhere...

http://2012data.webs.com/theilluminati.htm

Back to top Go down

Rockabilly oriented gangs Empty Re: Rockabilly oriented gangs

Post  Abys Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:30 pm

Drunky McThuggerton wrote:never really heard or seem any of them, i mean i see greasers but i never thought to affiliate them with any gang. didnt even know they had gangs really. i would if thought they had "clubs" like some of the old original barrios had, like 12th street and what not.
Yeah most of them Identify as clubs, although its just bullshit. Especially since they claim territory and shit. But most of the time they just stick to affairs with other greaser styled gangs. But sometimes they catch beef with typical gangs. I remember one time when I was with TR, supposedly a group of dudes from some small Azusa gang were coming to my place to catch some shit when I was living in Charter Oak, where I was setting up the now defunct TR DAS, and the head of TR Covina came with 2 dudes to intercept that Azusa clique, that never showed up. So there was beef with small cliques, Never any of the older established hoods in the area. Which is probably why most people who know whats up, don't know about the greaser styled gang shit.
Abys
Abys
Wannabe

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2013-11-25
Location : SGV

Back to top Go down

Rockabilly oriented gangs Empty Re: Rockabilly oriented gangs

Post  American Zombie Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:50 pm

These groups got popular in San Bernardino a few years ago. One of them was that 501 gang or whatever. They had beef with some blacks in the city and a few of them got killed over it.
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Number of posts : 6128
Registration date : 2008-01-19

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/rothbard62.html

Back to top Go down

Rockabilly oriented gangs Empty Re: Rockabilly oriented gangs

Post  TumbleWeed Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:45 pm

Gloom N Doom wrote:These groups got popular in San Bernardino a few years ago. One of them was that 501 gang or whatever. They had beef with some blacks in the city and a few of them got killed over it.
Those dudes were bringing chains and knives to gun fights.....smh.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Number of posts : 7350
Registration date : 2008-01-19

https://iestreetlife.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Rockabilly oriented gangs Empty Re: Rockabilly oriented gangs

Post  OldBlue Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:03 am

HAHAHAHAHA This style really blew up big time here in the IE in the past few years!!! For a while you really didnt see alot of the greaser/rockabilly stuff around here. It was mostly in OC, LA, and scattered around the so. cal area. Shit the only barber shop that I knew of that was all decked out in 50s tradition was Hawley Woods in costa mesa. Now the IE has blown up in recent years with the Bo huff shows and Stay Gold barber shop in Fontana. 

Whats funny is that this shit is so trendy as fuck now a days!!! The people that would talk shit about this style are the one's now trying to dress and act like if they been doing it for years. I can honestly say I have grown to hate this style! The music is good, but I can smell a fake greaser/rockabilly from a mile away!!!!!!!!!

_________________
"AINt No HOOD TuFF As... PaRENThOoD" By VYAL1
OldBlue
OldBlue
Made Member

Number of posts : 762
Registration date : 2009-03-11
Location : Pit of HELL

Back to top Go down

Rockabilly oriented gangs Empty Re: Rockabilly oriented gangs

Post  Wanderer Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:14 am

Damn I remember the days that I was in Apaches, shit i should remember I was one of the founding members. I remember The rebel's they were cool cats. There were a few other greaser gangs out there. Most were small and had no presence in the san fernando valley. But apaches had 10+ members in each city. We had a set in orange county (30+) and one in east L.A. (10+)  We even had a set in Arizona. Other Greaser Clubs I remember where The Dirty Devil's from North Hollywood. The Runaway Boys. 501's. Innocence Valley. Stray Cats. There is a few more but i cant really remember the names. Good times.

Wanderer

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-08-09

Back to top Go down

Rockabilly oriented gangs Empty Re: Rockabilly oriented gangs

Post  Ravens Glen Avon Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:16 pm

I remember the Ravens Glen Avon Gang. 90's as they go way back in the days in the early 1980's when they started. Glen Avon Riverside. And still  around now days.

Ravens Glen Avon

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2015-03-11

Back to top Go down

Rockabilly oriented gangs Empty Re: Rockabilly oriented gangs

Post  Ravens Glen Avon Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:26 pm

Wish now the Ravens are the Ravens Rockabilly Club. World Wide.

Ravens Glen Avon

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2015-03-11

Back to top Go down

Rockabilly oriented gangs Empty Ravens RC/GA 1984

Post  Raven_Doc Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:23 pm

16:22:522015-03-14Not sure who is Ravens Glen Avon here, but if you are a patch holding brother, you should use your member tag like you should properly do.  IE: Raven_Doc, Raven_Dean'o, Raven_Woody ect.  Found this forum just today and thought I would set some records straight.  First off Rockabilly is Rockabilly, Greaser is Greaser.  Two different animals.  Three quarters of these kids in the Rockabilly community have no clue what Rockabilly really is.  They think it's just a fifties style, so throw their own culture into it.  Being a thirty five year veteran in this culture I can answer any questions you may have.  We've had a lot of crews over the years.  I know all those posted above.  As far as the Rebels are concerned, they were not Rockabilly or Grease, but a Chicano gang.  Back in the early 80's they had no clue what Rockabilly was when we ran into them.  They knew what Doo Wop was, that's it.  In the 80's we had the Teds, or. Teddy Boys.  Upwards of 150 members throughout Fontana, Bloomington, San Bernardino, Pomona and Newport.  The Wild Cats, the original Alley Cats from Costa Mesa, not the same Alley Cats from LA.  We Had Rebel Rousers, Bombers, Crazy 8s, Wanderers, Saint Sinners, Ravens, Speedsters, just to name a few.  All founded between 80 and 85.  Only the Ravens and Saint Sinners remain from that period.  The Teds were the largest and toughest of that era.  You didn't mess with a Ted.  You may end up behind some store in a dumpster.  Some of our biggest rivals back then were, the WAR skins, Rude Boys, Sunny Slope Stoners, Or S3 as we called them.  Crazy 8s and Psyco Cats were other Rockabilly crews we didn't get along with.  Ravens are now in 4 states and 3 countries.  We are a strict Rockabilly club.  We are a mixed race club now with a tight knit brotherhood we will defend at all cost.  Beers or Bats as we call it.  Any questions guys I'll be honored to answer.  HHFRF
Raven_Doc
Raven_Doc

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2015-03-14

Back to top Go down

Rockabilly oriented gangs Empty Re: Rockabilly oriented gangs

Post  Guest Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:38 pm

Raven_Doc wrote:16:22:522015-03-14Not sure who is Ravens Glen Avon here, but if you are a patch holding brother, you should use your member tag like you should properly do.  IE: Raven_Doc, Raven_Dean'o, Raven_Woody ect.  Found this forum just today and thought I would set some records straight.  First off Rockabilly is Rockabilly, Greaser is Greaser.  Two different animals.  Three quarters of these kids in the Rockabilly community have no clue what Rockabilly really is.  They think it's just a fifties style, so throw their own culture into it.  Being a thirty five year veteran in this culture I can answer any questions you may have.  We've had a lot of crews over the years.  I know all those posted above.  As far as the Rebels are concerned, they were not Rockabilly or Grease, but a Chicano gang.  Back in the early 80's they had no clue what Rockabilly was when we ran into them.  They knew what Doo Wop was, that's it.  In the 80's we had the Teds, or. Teddy Boys.  Upwards of 150 members throughout Fontana, Bloomington, San Bernardino, Pomona and Newport.  The Wild Cats, the original Alley Cats from Costa Mesa, not the same Alley Cats from LA.  We Had Rebel Rousers, Bombers, Crazy 8s, Wanderers, Saint Sinners, Ravens, Speedsters, just to name a few.  All founded between 80 and 85.  Only the Ravens and Saint Sinners remain from that period.  The Teds were the largest and toughest of that era.  You didn't mess with a Ted.  You may end up behind some store in a dumpster.  Some of our biggest rivals back then were, the WAR skins, Rude Boys, Sunny Slope Stoners, Or S3 as we called them.  Crazy 8s and Psyco Cats were other Rockabilly crews we didn't get along with.  Ravens are now in 4 states and 3 countries.  We are a strict Rockabilly club.  We are a mixed race club now with a tight knit brotherhood we will defend at all cost.  Beers or Bats as we call it.  Any questions guys I'll be honored to answer.  HHFRF
So what would be the difference between Rockabilly and Greasers?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Rockabilly oriented gangs Empty Re: Rockabilly oriented gangs

Post  wolfman Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:54 pm

Raven_Doc wrote:16:22:522015-03-14Not sure who is Ravens Glen Avon here, but if you are a patch holding brother, you should use your member tag like you should properly do.  IE: Raven_Doc, Raven_Dean'o, Raven_Woody ect.  Found this forum just today and thought I would set some records straight.  First off Rockabilly is Rockabilly, Greaser is Greaser.  Two different animals.  Three quarters of these kids in the Rockabilly community have no clue what Rockabilly really is.  They think it's just a fifties style, so throw their own culture into it.  Being a thirty five year veteran in this culture I can answer any questions you may have.  We've had a lot of crews over the years.  I know all those posted above.  As far as the Rebels are concerned, they were not Rockabilly or Grease, but a Chicano gang.  Back in the early 80's they had no clue what Rockabilly was when we ran into them.  They knew what Doo Wop was, that's it.  In the 80's we had the Teds, or. Teddy Boys.  Upwards of 150 members throughout Fontana, Bloomington, San Bernardino, Pomona and Newport.  The Wild Cats, the original Alley Cats from Costa Mesa, not the same Alley Cats from LA.  We Had Rebel Rousers, Bombers, Crazy 8s, Wanderers, Saint Sinners, Ravens, Speedsters, just to name a few.  All founded between 80 and 85.  Only the Ravens and Saint Sinners remain from that period.  The Teds were the largest and toughest of that era.  You didn't mess with a Ted.  You may end up behind some store in a dumpster.  Some of our biggest rivals back then were, the WAR skins, Rude Boys, Sunny Slope Stoners, Or S3 as we called them.  Crazy 8s and Psyco Cats were other Rockabilly crews we didn't get along with.  Ravens are now in 4 states and 3 countries.  We are a strict Rockabilly club.  We are a mixed race club now with a tight knit brotherhood we will defend at all cost.  Beers or Bats as we call it.  Any questions guys I'll be honored to answer.  HHFRF

Are the WANDERERS from West Los or RUDE BOYS from Lynwood anyway connected to the ones you mentioned in your post (?)
wolfman
wolfman
Captain

Number of posts : 1811
Registration date : 2009-12-13

http://13radicalriders14.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Rockabilly oriented gangs Empty Re: Rockabilly oriented gangs

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum