Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The USA. Is it sacred ?

3 posters

Go down

The USA. Is it sacred ? Empty The USA. Is it sacred ?

Post  American Zombie Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:42 am

After my discussion with 02cents and many others on the US and the ideas of secession and nullification, I start to wonder if the US, all 50 states or as it stands today, is considered sacred at least in the minds of most Americans ? Is one region attempting to secede from states a deeply blasphemous act?
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Number of posts : 6128
Registration date : 2008-01-19

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/rothbard62.html

Back to top Go down

The USA. Is it sacred ? Empty Re: The USA. Is it sacred ?

Post  .02 cents Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:56 pm

Gloom N Doom wrote:After my discussion with 02cents and many others on the US and the ideas of secession and nullification, I start to wonder if the US, all 50 states or as it stands today, is considered sacred at least in the minds of most Americans ? Is one region attempting to secede from states a deeply blasphemous act?

My country is like my neighborhood. It's mine. It may not be perfect, but it's mine. If we got problems, how do we fix them and make ourselves stronger? Some people are more dedicated than others, and I myself have had MANY fight for this country who still believe in it. I believe in it. I also understand that we cause terror and havoc amongst the world. Just like in a neighborhood, you're going to have pacifist and people who disagree with the direction it is going, well step up to the plate and do something about it. Sometimes violence occurs, sometimes more than others, but that comes with the territory. Its not until we get hit that we remember were all apart of the same cause. 9-11 is a good example of how everybody started banging the USA again. MOFOs started enlisting in the military, everybody started flashing their colors and a lot of us were on a fuck everybody tip. Those who werent, were like, look at those idiots causing trouble.... Hey it happens.

I think you get the point, cuz at the end of the day, you and I are from the same neighborhood, Varrio USA...  lol!    thug life  :  ahnold  :  mynicca So you can say whatever the fuck you want to say, its in our rules and guidelines to be able to do so... you feel me?
.02 cents
.02 cents
Made Member

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post  American Zombie Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:56 pm

I don't really buy into the idea that we are all One Nation and stuff. That was never the case, going back to the original colonies. It wasn't intended to be one big blob which is why the states are called states. They were supposed to be independent and sovereign with just a few exceptions. Not only that, but the states would've never joined the union had they knew once they joined, there would be no way out.

So no, I don't see the USA as my neighborhood..

We humans are tribal by nature. We are wired to be this way, and I think many see the USA as their tribe or their political party/ affiliation. But that's a mistake since humans evolved in smaller tribes, maybe on average between 30 and 150 people. It makes no sense to view 300 million people across thousands of miles of land as being part of the same tribe. There's no way we can really figure out a one size fits all plan for such a big number of people.

So instead of viewing all the people in the USA as my tribe or my neighborhood, I view it  as a practical arrangement that was made once upon a time that should be subject to change as times change and the needs of the people change.

Like when you say " you believe in it" , referring to the US, what does that even mean? Believe in the the US to do what? Does that mean you believe the current geographical set up that we live with today is sacred and should never ever be changed regardless of anything that happens? It should stay for eternity just because we have faith in it?  Let's figure out how to fix these problems as best we can so as long as the ideas we use to solve problems are within this small box of ideas to choose from? Like pick anything you want so as long as it doesn't involve breaking these sacred geographical borders apart ?
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfman Sun May 11, 2014 1:42 am

once upon a time you had people in one geographical area that shared common threats, common attitudes, maybe even common outlooks and dreams, but these days, that commonality just don't jive anymore for any region., there's just too much movement of people going on all over the place for any one region to hold any type of singular allegiance to anything., everybody is going every which way, that's about the only thing that everyone has in common these days, and about the only real thing that matters to most is how to get ahead in the rat race regardless of who they have to step over or set aside., the states don't matter anymore., these days it's not manifest destiny as it once was per say, nowadays is every group for itself by using any means available to put theirs atop. I remember once someone defining the mexicans as a tribal people and that's why they could never get it together and were destined to remain locked in battle against each other, never ever recognizing who the real enemy was., today you could argue that every ethic group, including white america is tribal., each group split within, fighting each other, pulling in every different direction., they call it politics, but it might as well be old greece with all its diff city states, all caught up with their new ideas and philosophies, keeping them all separate, and eventually set up to fall and become absorbed by someone else., just imagine what the great hellenia must of gone through in all its centuries of existence to become what it is now ~> practically "insignificant" in world affairs., that is, other than being a precursor of how bad and pitiful a nation can become in everything, from banking to culture! so then too, think about it and ponder just how long can a 300+ million multi-ethnic, multi religious, multi political and multi sex tribe survive as one?
wolfman
wolfman
Captain

Number of posts : 1811
Registration date : 2009-12-13

http://13radicalriders14.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  American Zombie Mon May 12, 2014 11:57 pm

It won't last long, and that's the point. All these different groups are fighting against one another through this evil process called politics. The nation state experiment of the last century has resulted in much war, bloodshed and financial ruin. The culture IMO has been deteriorating too.. Radical separation IMO is the first step to solve much of the problems that people face today but i know it'll only happen when disaster strikes.
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  .02 cents Tue May 13, 2014 5:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
.02 cents
.02 cents
Made Member

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum