Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banned books

Go down

Banned books Empty Banned books

Post  Guest Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:40 pm

I came across this article today, but I'm sure there a millions more that can be found with a simple search. I was just wondering if anyone wants to share their thoughts on this topic. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Banned books Empty Re: Banned books

Post  CaliKid Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:46 am

The authors of the book send a sexual message to the kids on how to be and what is okay, is this normal?

Romeo and Juliet is supposedly a romance when its actually about two horny teens that made the wrong decisions. 

Try creating more decent books for kids to read even for the high schoolers, just because
you have matured doesn't mean you can now read adult books rather a more gentle and kind filled with affection and what not.

Nevetheless, interesting article you shared, I enjoyed reading it.
CaliKid
CaliKid
Soldier

Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:56 am

Teenagers have sex. Sex is okay when it is done safely and with respect. 

A couple months ago I read "19 Minutes" after I found out parents wanted it banned. It shouldn't have been. 

At the same time, it is the parents' responsibility to know if their child is mature enough to read a book, not the school or teacher. Parents need to be more hands on involved.

Back to top Go down

Post  CaliKid Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:05 am

jennierock wrote:Teenagers have sex. Sex is okay when it is done safely and with respect. 

A couple months ago I read "19 Minutes" after I found out parents wanted it banned. It shouldn't have been. 

At the same time, it is the parents' responsibility to know if their child is mature enough to read a book, not the school or teacher. Parents need to be more hands on involved.
I believe the child's mind should be matured and expand their common sense substantially
before exposing sexual related books. Sex is absolutely okay if both feel for each other with affection, however, it shouldn't be a habit and done infrequently. Its much more better when its done rarely. 

But imagine this, putting books out that relates to "Lil Wayne" way of thinking of females, considering them "bitches" "get money" kids don't really read books these days, they are hevaily influenced by the music industry.
CaliKid
CaliKid
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:23 pm

CaliKid wrote:
jennierock wrote:Teenagers have sex. Sex is okay when it is done safely and with respect. 

I believe the child's mind should be matured and expand their common sense substantially
before exposing sexual related books. Sex is absolutely okay if both feel for each other with affection, however, it shouldn't be a habit and done infrequently. Its much more better when its done rarely. 

But imagine this, putting books out that relates to "Lil Wayne" way of thinking of females, considering them "bitches" "get money" kids don't really read books these days, they are hevaily influenced by the music industry.
Who and how will they control teens having sex? Is sex better when it is rare just for teens or in general? 

I appreciate this analogy. How do we get teens to listen to healthier music and get them to read? 

When do we cut the cord, so to speak, and let them learn, explore and be their own person? As a mom, these are things I think about daily. 

Let me ask you this. Maya Angelou wrote "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings", what age should a child be to allowed to read it?

Back to top Go down

Post  CaliKid Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:46 pm

The educational system is controlled by the government, they have control of the minds of the children. Most young woman become very sexual with other men, I have experienced this
myself during my elementary, middle and high school years. At that time I thought everything was okay, sex was a great feeling and they would tend to have sexual intercourse in the rest rooms with each other. I am not so sure how the schools are these days but I am sure things have gotten worse, its not healthy for a young woman to be sexually active like that at a very young age. 

The best thing to do for your child is self educate them yourself, but she won't be able to make friends and be social with others, perhaps put her into sports take her out and be social with along with her. Mature her mind so she knows better, that's how I determine to raise my own, especially if I had a daughter, the world can be very dangerous for her, not like men.

We want to teach them right before the government system gets a hold of them, that's their plan to archive a New World Order, now I might sound crazy but it all makes sense and explains why young teenagers are being very disobedient towards their family and just want to do drugs and enjoy their life without intentions to understand what's actually going on.

Hence, they allow books to banned, they even banned the bible. They brought instead a satanic book to be introduced instead, if you have a go at this link.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
CaliKid
CaliKid
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:24 am

I have a son. So my goal is to raise him to be a good human being to all, including himself. You're right, education starts, continues and it ends with those closet to him. 

I don't know when or where you went to school, but that's crazy. It went on at my school, but on such a small scale. 

I feel like books can help young people with situations where they feel alone, like no one else has ever experienced whatever it is they are going through. It is not always easy to talk to your parents about certain things.

Back to top Go down

Post  CaliKid Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:36 am

jennierock wrote:I have a son. So my goal is to raise him to be a good human being to all, including himself. You're right, education starts, continues and it ends with those closet to him. 

I don't know when or where you went to school, but that's crazy. It went on at my school, but on such a small scale. 

I feel like books can help young people with situations where they feel alone, like no one else has ever experienced whatever it is they are going through. It is not always easy to talk to your parents about certain things.
Reading books a whole lot better then feeding them television, you're right about that.
CaliKid
CaliKid
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:22 pm

CaliKid wrote:
jennierock wrote:I have a son. So my goal is to raise him to be a good human being to all, including himself. You're right, education starts, continues and it ends with those closet to him. 

Reading books a whole lot better then feeding them television, you're right about that.
Thank you. I appreciated this discourse with you.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum