Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Intellectuals coward rant

4 posters

Go down

Intellectuals coward rant Empty Intellectuals coward rant

Post  American Zombie Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:59 am

I just want to rant and diss people that are intolerant to opposing views. I was on another site having an economic debate with some leftist communist guy, and after several replies back and forth, he suddenly became angry and blocked me, saying that Im an idiot and if I post again he will delete what I write.

The guy never once refuted any of my arguments, all he did straw man and appeal to authority.

The way I see it, if you feel comfortable with your views AND you're interested in truth seeking, then you should welcome opposing opinions. If not, you're an intellectual coward.. You're affraid to have your world view changed by arguments of reason. An intellectual coward, IMO is worse than a phsyical coward!
fuckyou :  :fuccouttahe Hitler Hitler
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Number of posts : 6128
Registration date : 2008-01-19

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/rothbard62.html

Back to top Go down

Intellectuals coward rant Empty Re: Intellectuals coward rant

Post  Forum Gawd Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:38 am

Lol link?

Boss

Number of posts : 4842
Registration date : 2009-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post  chang Wed May 11, 2016 4:46 pm

Feel free man, I might disagree with every single word you say...I'll fight for your right to say it though...

chang
Soldier

Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Sentenza Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:58 pm

American Zombie wrote:I just want to rant and diss people that are intolerant to opposing views. I was on another site having an economic debate with some leftist communist guy, and after several replies back and forth, he suddenly became angry and blocked me, saying that Im an idiot and if I post again he will delete what I write.

The guy never once refuted any of my arguments, all he did straw man and appeal to authority.

The way I see it, if you feel comfortable with your views AND you're interested in truth seeking, then you should welcome opposing opinions. If not, you're an intellectual coward.. You're affraid to have your world view changed by arguments of reason. An intellectual coward, IMO is worse than a phsyical coward!
I agree. The problem is not wether you are left or right wing or whatever, the problem is wether you are able to tolerate opposing worldviews. The dividing line is not between left and right, but between liberal/libertarian and authoritarian.

Sentenza
Wannabe

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post  American Zombie Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:41 pm

Sentenza wrote:
American Zombie wrote:I just want to rant and diss people that are intolerant to opposing views. I was on another site having an economic debate with some leftist communist guy, and after several replies back and forth, he suddenly became angry and blocked me, saying that Im an idiot and if I post again he will delete what I write.

I agree. The problem is not wether you are left or right wing or whatever, the problem is wether you are able to tolerate opposing worldviews. The dividing line is not between left and right, but between liberal/libertarian and authoritarian.

Yeah. Forgot about this thread, and I don't even remember what argument I was having or where. Lol

But yeah, I get fustrated when people call me names and act dismissive without at least providing some sort of counter argument.
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Number of posts : 6128
Registration date : 2008-01-19

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/rothbard62.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: