Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

welfare aid and drug testing

4 posters

Go down

welfare aid and drug testing Empty welfare aid and drug testing

Post  wolfman Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:17 am

What's wrong with drug testing people who receive welfare aid?
wolfman
wolfman
Captain

Number of posts : 1811
Registration date : 2009-12-13

http://13radicalriders14.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

welfare aid and drug testing Empty Re: welfare aid and drug testing

Post  yak.yak Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:56 pm

It will cost tax payers alot. They did out in a few States already and not many ppl failed the drug test

yak.yak
Soldier

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2012-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  yak.yak Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:00 pm

It will cost tax payers alot. They did out in a few States already and not many ppl failed the drug test

yak.yak
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  American Zombie Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:35 am

I didn't like the idea when I first heard it.

Mainly because I feel like it's nobody's business, especially not the governments business to know what you put into your body.

I strongly believe in legalizing all drugs.

But now honestly, we have this mega welfare nation. I won't feel bad seeing people get drug tested. Does sound like it'll create too much bureaucracy though.
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Number of posts : 6128
Registration date : 2008-01-19

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/rothbard62.html

Back to top Go down

Post  yak.yak Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:48 pm

I agree all drugs should b legalized. I kno there are ppl that honestly need govt. Aid but i also know some young ppl who are able to wrk but just don't want to. Welfare recipients lose credibility when ppl take advantage.

yak.yak
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfman Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:55 am

I don't have a computer right now, so I'm working off this Lil tablet I found I a drawer that is slow ass FCK. Anyways. I got mixed thoughts about this cheit., for one I see too many people abusing the funds they get, shoot it up drink it up whatever, and a lot of those don't want to get off the aid, it's like why give up the free ride, buy it ain't really free cause somebody has to pay for it, right? Then there's the other part of it of why should anyone manage what you consume or put into your body., while I'm alright with weed and maybe a little of bit of something else from time to time, I still don't fully accept how legalizing all chemistry would improve the lot of the barrio / community at large., having said that, monitoring how you spend the financial aid you get is something that just may be of some help ?? No ??
wolfman
wolfman
Captain

Number of posts : 1811
Registration date : 2009-12-13

http://13radicalriders14.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  American Zombie Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:49 pm

Ideally, abolish the entire welfare state and taxes down to zero!

Keep 100% of what you earn and there's motivation for working harder.

Politically incorrect to say it though.

American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  chang Tue May 10, 2016 4:35 pm

American Zombie wrote:Ideally, abolish the entire welfare state and  taxes down to zero!

Keep 100% of what you earn and there's motivation for working harder.

Politically incorrect to say it though.

That sounds great, but what about the transport infrastructure,garbage collection,emergency services,defense,healthcare services,education,border security,pensions for the elderly,support for the sick,unemployment insurance for when your well paid job gets offshored to China or India cause their workers will accept a half or less of what US workers will...

chang
Soldier

Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post  American Zombie Tue May 10, 2016 4:48 pm

Everything and all wealth created by the market can be maintained and better served through a voluntary market.

No need for force and violence to make civilization run. Over 100 years of state run schooling would have us believe other wise though..
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  chang Tue May 10, 2016 5:24 pm

American Zombie wrote:Everything and all wealth created by the market can be maintained and better served through a voluntary market.

No need for force and violence to make civilization run. Over 100 years of state run schooling would have us believe other wise though..
See I don't know where you're coming from...do you believe we have an efficient system of markets at the moment? how can a nation state rely on a market system for its defense and border control - I'm not gonna touch on healthcare education and infrastructure for the moment... capitalism is predicated in its current form on continuous growth, how is that possible on a planet that is finite by definition?
If the markets are working in their current form, why is inequality becoming more epidemic?if the markets are logical why are these immense crashes such a mystery to everyone concerned...why is inefficient management in the banks rewarded with huge bailouts? surely by the rules of their own game, you can't compete you go to the wall, unsuccessful businesses go bust, it's survival of the fittest out there, that's what we're told... The most expensive welfare bill is corporate welfare, although if you listened to the MSM shilling you'd never know it...

chang
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  American Zombie Tue May 10, 2016 8:11 pm

You have a lot of good questions and I appreciate the response.

To answer your first question:

"do you believe we have an efficient system of markets at the moment? "

No. Not at all. I've posted a lot on this in my old posts but to cut to the point, there's too much State intervention in the markets causing a whole lot of distortions. Central banking, interest rate price fixing, taxes, regulations , trade agreements etc.

And throwing more money towards the government's black hole of spending isn't going to fix anything. Only dig a deeper hole.

I agree with you on corporate welfare. BUT It should all be cut off 100%.

Bank bailouts distort the market and make it less efficient. It rewards bad and reckless decisions and punishes the good business and tax payers.

But due to mainstream propaganda, we are all told that banks have to be bailed out or face economic Armageddon. Even though bailing them out leads to economic Armageddon in the long run.

Market crashes aren't a mystery.

I've written about this in detail in the past. I can go into it more if anyone would like..
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  chang Wed May 11, 2016 5:10 pm

Trouble is, how do we reset to zero?in a situation where access to markets is equal, where everyone is equally well informed about the economic decisions they make, access to capital is available to the creator of value as opposed to merely the speculator, prudence and invention are rewarded by success rather than failure and intimidation ie too big to fail banks...
I'm not against free market capitalism as such, I have issues with how it tends towards the creation of large cartels which then throttle it and also the idea of permanent growth in a finite system, but no other system has maintained as well throughout history..
I have to say I do believe in a mixed economy though, I think certain things are too important to a nation to be guided fundamentally by two parties self interest...also corruption and inequality grow as regulation lessens, to me currency with no intrinsic value is never a good idea either...
Apologies for the length of the post...
If you could point me to the posts you've made on market crashes or enlarge a bit on what you said, I'd appreciate it... thanks...

chang
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  American Zombie Wed May 11, 2016 9:36 pm

Well, there's so many distortions in our current system it's hard to know how to reset to zero or get back on the road to a recovery in a smooth manner.

The house of cards has to collapse in order to rebuild a stronger system but so Aslong as they keep bailing out the bad and propping up the very things that create the problems in the first place then there's no telling just how bad it'll get.

Free markets don't create cartels and monopolies, but that's what we're taught. Ironically, government intervention causes cartels and monopolies by using regulations to crush smaller competitors that can't compete.

The whole idea behind the federal reserve was just a bunch of big bankers coming together to pass Laws to make it legal to form a banking cartel where they can all inflate the currency together without having to worry about bank runs or too much competition.
Now we see every sector of the economy where the government has the most intervention happen to be the most troubled- banking, finance, housing, health care, education,.
The most regulated, the most government involvement and the worst sectors.

I wrote about boom and bust cycles a while back here
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I obviously didn't think this stuff up myself.
Ludwig Von Mises the great economist and others taught how artificial credit expansions lead to an inevitable bubble economy which leads to an inevitable collapse.
It's happened over and over throughout history and yet the mainstream refuses to acknowledge it because they want to believe in magic money printing spending sprees.

Which, by the way, if you're concerned about finite resources on earth, should be of great concern. Because massive deficits, printing money and borrowing trillions is simply massive consumption of resources in the present without being able to pay for them at all.
It's like maxing out a credit card times a million and having no way to pay it all back. You've just over consumed resources with no money or wealth created in exchange.

A non state intervened market means economizing in the most efficient way possible through supply and demand. Being more efficient with less resources and time while massive government spending is the exact opposite: printing tons of fiat money in order to consum resources in the present on a massive scale in an unsustainable way without any worry about the future and what will be left.
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfman Fri May 27, 2016 6:16 am

How do we reset to zero ??? 

Impossible

Can't  be done ...