Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jobless rate up in i.e.

+2
P_LOKO
Drunky McThuggerton
6 posters

Go down

Jobless rate up in i.e. Empty Jobless rate up in i.e.

Post  Drunky McThuggerton Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:58 pm

Report: Region worst in U.S.
Article Created: 11/06/2008 10:25:13 PM PST

America's unemployment picture is looking increasingly grim, according to figures released Thursday by the Labor Department. But unemployment may be nowhere worse than in the Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario region.

Unemployment may be rising fast in Las Vegas and Detroit, but the Southland region ranks No. 1 on a list of 49 large metropolitan areas across the nation for unemployment, according to the Labor Department's most recent report.

Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario region's unemployment rate was 9.1 percent.

Detroit's is 8.3. Las Vegas stands at 7.4.

The department reported that the number of people continuing to draw unemployment benefits nationwide jumped by 122,000 to 3.84 million in late October.

It was the highest level since late February 1983 when the country was struggling to recover from a long and painful recession.

New filings for jobless benefits last week dipped to 481,000, a still-elevated level that suggests companies are in a cost-cutting mode.

Drunky McThuggerton
Boss

Number of posts : 5175
Registration date : 2008-06-25

http://2012data.webs.com/theilluminati.htm

Back to top Go down

Jobless rate up in i.e. Empty Re: Jobless rate up in i.e.

Post  P_LOKO Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:04 pm

Damn, we number 1 homies! But on some real shit, It's been hard lately trying to find jobs around the IE...many of my homies been getting layed off left and right, and as for finding a job, it hasn't been an easy task.
P_LOKO
P_LOKO
Boss

Number of posts : 3824
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunky McThuggerton Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:05 pm

thats why i made gang banging my career... lol

Drunky McThuggerton
Boss

Number of posts : 5175
Registration date : 2008-06-25

http://2012data.webs.com/theilluminati.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  American Zombie Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:30 pm

gang activity could really go up with the way the economy is going
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Number of posts : 6128
Registration date : 2008-01-19

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/rothbard62.html

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:34 pm

Not necessarily gang activity but crime as a whole. I don't think gangs will ever get back to the way things were in the 80's and 90's especially with all these new laws and injunctions being stronger than ever. I wouldn't be surpirsed if crime picks up dramatically next year.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Number of posts : 7350

https://iestreetlife.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Post  P_LOKO Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:36 pm

Yeah, I'm almost expecting the crime rate to go up...people are willing to do whatever it takes to keep they families fed and the rent paid
P_LOKO
P_LOKO
Boss

Number of posts : 3824
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post  American Zombie Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:38 pm

yea you guys are probably right
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Back to top Go down

Jobless rate up in i.e. Empty For Real tho...Check this out and tell me what you think?

Post  Ty Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:12 am

I don't think gangs will ever get back to the way things were in the 80's and 90's especially with all these new laws and injunctions being stronger than ever. I wouldn't be surpirsed if crime picks up dramatically next year.

I agree with Ryd that crime is going to go up as the level of desperation rises. However that is going to serve the purpose of increasing gang activity. That desperation and hopelessness is what makes the street life an attractive alternative to starving in the first place. Not to mention it is a counter-culture which provides societies outcasts an alternative for the feeling of being locked out of the system. Or locked in if you prefer. I know for a number of years there was this feeling of pride and belonging to something and drawing from that a measure of power from some of the things that were done out of the anger and frustration so many of us felt and still feel as a result of knowing there wasn't much hope for landing a descent job and a career was out of the question...

So yeah, I do expect gang participation to increase and the level of violence as well especially in the areas where they push these urban renewal programs like they are doing with the Meridians and the Colton community homes. They are destroying what little community some have ever known with these plans. Once you start pushing these people out of these areas where there are at least shallow roots, where are they going to go and what is going to happen? Economics will push them into other over crowded, under-serviced, impoverished neighborhoods where they are going to run into the same set of issues they faced before. What happens when the element of 5X that is in the Meridians moves over into southside territory? Or the northside of Colton? Or the Flats? Or the Projects?

Combine the closing "revitalization" of low income areas with the gang injunctions and you are simply pouring oil on a gas fire. Its a fact these injunctions do nothing to stop gang violence or even participation. All they do is spread the problem into areas outside the injunction zones. To that effect I guess it is a successful program because it keeps the intervention dollars flowing into the city, county or whatever from the feds. That money would be better served creating jobs that last more than a few months at a time. I guess we can all go on up the hill and get a sack from the Indians since they seem like they got official sanction to do dirt around here.

Ty
Soldier

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post  American Zombie Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:15 pm

Ty wrote:
I don't think gangs will ever get back to the way things were in the 80's and 90's especially with all these new laws and injunctions being stronger than ever. I wouldn't be surpirsed if crime picks up dramatically next year.

I agree with Ryd that crime is going to go up as the level of desperation rises. However that is going to serve the purpose of increasing gang activity. That desperation and hopelessness is what makes the street life an attractive alternative to starving in the first place. Not to mention it is a counter-culture which provides societies outcasts an alternative for the feeling of being locked out of the system. Or locked in if you prefer. I know for a number of years there was this feeling of pride and belonging to something and drawing from that a measure of power from some of the things that were done out of the anger and frustration so many of us felt and still feel as a result of knowing there wasn't much hope for landing a descent job and a career was out of the question...

Thats exactly how I was thinking
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  SHYBEEZIE_FASHEEZIE Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:49 pm

yeah finding good decent jobs in the E suck... thats y i work in L.A.... cause thats pretty much where all the work is at... even though i commute all over l.a. county... i cant complain about my pay... because like my ladys dad told me... im makin more money than some people who have a family... so im blessed to have found a good job

SHYBEEZIE_FASHEEZIE
Soldier

Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2008-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down